Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1361 Post by xorxes » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:26 am

bozo, bo_sox, Fox, Vapor and worcej I'm willing to grant town status for the time being based on their actions and demeanor.

I may add or remove from this list as I do some iso reads.

brainbomb

#1362 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:27 am

okay xorxes youre town.
thank you for what you are doing presently.

I mostly agree with your lynch list, but I do think bo is alot more out of his element so far.

xorxes

#1363 Post by xorxes » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:37 am

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:27 am
okay xorxes youre town.
thank you for what you are doing presently.

I mostly agree with your lynch list, but I do think bo is alot more out of his element so far.
:-D

foodcoats

#1364 Post by foodcoats » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:42 am

So, although Moscow ended up being shot, that wagon grew really fast and competed with the emc wagon for top spot. Arguably Moscow might have been lynched if they hadn't been shot, as Moscow was making some cogent arguments near the end and yet that didn't seem to convince quite everyone to move off the Wagon of Policy, and so... I'm going to assume there was at least one scum on that wagon. rdr and arguably ItsHosuke are town, so that leaves Jamie, bozo, Percy and Vaporwave.

Jamie was super aggressive in demanding a policy lynch on Moscow as being more logical a policy than emc. I thought it was kind of bananas but not necessarily scummy.

I didn't really notice this when I iso'd Percy before, but this is how Percy followed up Jamie's vehemence and joined the wagon:
Percy Williams wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:53 pm
I was about to make a similar (but much less aggressive) post after I caught up, But Jamiet beat me to it.
##Vote Moscowfleet
Then rdr voted, then bozo jumped in with a vote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 am
##VOTE MoscowFleet

It would not surprise me if Jamie is bussing MoscowFleet.
I get really townie vibes from bozo, but... this is just WIFOM, isn't it? Moscow is scum because scum!Jamie is bussing Moscow? bozo, was there something previously that pinged you about Jamie and made you think they were scum that could therefore be bussing?

Then ItsHosuke voted, then Vaporwave:
Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:27 am
##VOTE MoscowFleet

a mixture of weak reasons, but it's D1 and I think that if a guy needs to be punished for his posting style, then it's him

+ I love e.m.c and we need more of him
Policy vote and defending emc by building a counter-wagon... okay.

Jamie then unvoted and moved to damo when Moscow had posted adequately and Vaporwave moved to dargorygel apparently deciding that the policy lynch would not be effective.

Arguably scum!Jamie could've run off once the wagon was well built, but I am most interested in Percy and bozo's approaches here. Percy seemed to slide in and effectively claimed they have the same argument as Jamie, rather than producing their own argument (and then didn't change opinions once Moscow provided some interesting content), and bozo's argument doesn't actually sound like an argument, just a reason to be voting. I feel like I must be missing something with bozo here... but maybe that is my bias towards his/her style. Percy seems scummy again when I see how they jumped on the wagon.

e.m.c^42

#1365 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:50 am

Hm, both vapor and xorxes have vecna on their potential scumlist, but don't think we've seen a 'why'? Or at least insinuated it.

xorxes

#1366 Post by xorxes » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:58 am

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:42 am

Arguably scum!Jamie could've run off once the wagon was well built, but I am most interested in Percy and bozo's approaches here. Percy seemed to slide in and effectively claimed they have the same argument as Jamie, rather than producing their own argument (and then didn't change opinions once Moscow provided some interesting content), and bozo's argument doesn't actually sound like an argument, just a reason to be voting. I feel like I must be missing something with bozo here... but maybe that is my bias towards his/her style. Percy seems scummy again when I see how they jumped on the wagon.
Percy claimed Cop. If town, he will be killed by Mafia sooner rather than later. It makes very little sense to suspect him before he survives a few nights.

xorxes

#1367 Post by xorxes » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:01 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:50 am
Hm, both vapor and xorxes have vecna on their potential scumlist, but don't think we've seen a 'why'? Or at least insinuated it.
Call it just a hunch for now. I was wrong about brainbomb and rivera, so I may be wrong about Vecna as well, but I don't feel any towny vibe from him.

xorxes

#1368 Post by xorxes » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:05 am

Scum received a list with five fake claims, btw, not one fake claim each.

Foxcastle

#1369 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:17 am

Emc and Percy and Damo could be scum together. Damo comes in with a Jamiet vote at 16 minutes out. Why try to start the Jamiet wagon after he said he'd vote for Bozo or Percy? Percy was the leading wagon at that point, and Bozo had started to fade...

Foxcastle

#1370 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:19 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:17 am
Emc and Percy and Damo could be scum together. Damo comes in with a Jamiet vote at 16 minutes out. Why try to start the Jamiet wagon after he said he'd vote for Bozo or Percy? Percy was the leading wagon at that point, and Bozo had started to fade...
And then he goes back to Bozo after the Bozo wagon picks up again.

EspressoPatronum

#1371 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:25 am

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:24 pm
notice the players with no opinions rn?
vecna
xorx
fox
espresso
hotsuke
Fair point on the callout. I work 9-5 EST, so I'll miss every EOD that lands on a weekday.

Tonight was particularly busy, so I haven't had time to catch up until now. Will do a full catchup post once I'm current.

EspressoPatronum

#1372 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:32 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:22 pm
Foxy is not town leader, I have no clue why Espresso posted that

Foxy's main activity D1 is solely concentrated on a policy lynch, I would be surprised if this guy is town

tons to ketchup so later gators

also Happy Birthday Chaqa, since it's your anniversary, do you allow random people to hop in your camaro? I will pay you for this ride
A town leader. High post counts and starting/leading a wagon are town leader traits imo. I'd put brain up there as well.

Who do you think were the main leaders of D1?

EspressoPatronum

#1373 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:34 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:50 pm
@ItsHosuke: Has your fellow Mason spoken to you yet?

Please don't tell us who you think it is, just answer the above question YES or NO, if you please.
Colour-coating all the players a good idea. Can you share your list? Imma use it, too.

EspressoPatronum

#1374 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:38 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:54 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:20 pm
unless we think Jamie lured 4 town onto moscow to save wolf emc
Based on the list of votes that followed (Percy, rdr (conf town), bozo, ItsHosuke, and Vapor), I don't think it was 4 town. I suspect a scum is inside the 4.
I disagree with almost all of your posts, but I like this one. I'd say it's Percy.

EspressoPatronum

#1375 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:41 am

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:12 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:56 pm
xorxes wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:30 pm

This could be (yet another) townslip from worcej, or a scumslip, pending on an answer I'm waiting for from the GMs.
wtf am I missing now?
You assuming that each scum received a single role to fakeclaim sounded very weird to me so I asked GMs if scum recieved one role each or one list for all of them (as I was expecting). I'm waiting for the answer.
This makes me think xorx and worcej can't be scum/scum.

I'm going with town!xorx/scum!worcej.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1376 Post by dargorygel » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:41 am

Sorry fam... I have a work emergency. I will be able to make posts, but not much. Lynch me if you need to, but I hope you won't.

I think there are some things to learn from the EoD.

First, I don't think the 'tie' can be placed at anyone's feet, really... the vote-thief and some changed votes caused it.

But I wanna ask brainbomb... you made two switches at the end... first you wrote about emc and said, "this gets decided now" or something like that... than VERY quickly you changed again... and expressed doubt.

What were you thinking?

EspressoPatronum

#1377 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:43 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:50 am
Probably macro reads. I'm also scumleaning Vecna, but no single post of his has jumped out at me as super scummy.

It's more a feeling from his posts as a whole.

EspressoPatronum

#1378 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:55 am

Kk, I'm caught up.

The Vig Shot
I don't see why rdrivera was getting so much flak for the vig. He claimed it D1 so he had to use it D1. Barring any strong scum reads, shooting a lurker was his best option. It was an unfortunate result, but I think he went about the decision making in a reasonable fashion.

I think worcej was on to something when he said there was likely a scum on the MF wagon. Percy is my best guess for 2 reasons. 1. I really didn't like his random stick bug claim, and 2. my POE of the others on the wagon puts them all as more town than Percy.

The Tie Vote
Unfortunate, but I don't think anyone is to blame. BB's actions made sense, and it seems Chaqa didn't know his vote would tie it.

Lynchpool
EMC, Percy, Damo.

Not (yet):
Vecna - As stated in my follow-up comments to my earlier readslist, I've got a scumlean on Vecna. I've heard Vecna is good at the game, so I'm willing to wait on this until Vecna has more time to show his true colours.
worcej - I can't tell if my scum read on him is just because I disagree with most of what he's saying. I'm going to sit on this one and give myself time. Pretty sure xorxes is also working out a townslip thing for him rn, so that's another angle.

Town
Aside from the mechanical clears (rdr, BB, and maybe Hosuke?), I'm liking xorxes and Foxcastle. While I dislike bozo's massclaim idea, I think he's town for sticking to it.

EspressoPatronum

#1379 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:57 am

I'll be around for another hour or so if anyone online rn wants to engage.

EspressoPatronum

#1380 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:01 am

Oh btw, I read an article on MU recently that talked about everyone sharing their fake seer peeks to allow the real seer to share their reads without having to out themself.

It could be as subtle as 'strongly' town reading someone after the night, to something more overt like, "if I were seer, I would have checked X." If everyone does it, it gives smokescreen for the real seer (or investigatives for this game) to do the same thing and share reads in case they get picked off.

Has webdip maf ever tried this? If so, how did it play out? If no, what are everyone's thoughts on it? We'd need close to a majority decision on it bcz of the reliance on the smokescreen effect.