Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#941 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:21 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:43 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:21 pm
You really think worcej is openly buddying 8+ individuals? Lmao
No, I think worcej is using humour to generate positive feelings from other players. I did not mean strictly "pocketing," but rather utilizing a persona - having style over substance.
worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:26 pm
Okay, going to poke some holes in this one...

What mechanics did I discuss?
Me saying I think going for lurkers is poor is discussing voting strategy?
I don't do analysis? Did I not provide analysis on my take on Foxcastle? I even sprinkled in some brainbomb analysis in their too if you read it.

You need to try a little more than this if you're going to paint me as scum.
This misses the point. I'm talking about the overall trend of your iso. You are spamming a lot of stuff that doesn't align you to any specific trains of thought or opinions on any players. It looks like you're being helpful at a casual glance, but from the long-term perspective it allows you to avoid leaving any meaningful traces on D1, and I think that is scummy.

This is actually very pertinent to the interaction you had with Fox. I just re-read that interaction and it seems all you did was disagree over whether policy lynching so early in the game was a valid strategy. This is exactly what I mean about your iso... you have a lot to say about nothing.
You got me on the first highlight, though I did plant a reason as to why. I did give up on it though, realizing it is fruitless to compete on the spamming.

If you think that me indicating Fox came on too strong, too early, and it had an effect on how EMC is playing instead of naturally catching EMC being crap is nothing, then I don't know what to say. I also don't see how me saying bozo's mass claim is also a poor choice is nothing either.

Overall your case is weak and painting an incorrect narrative - you are picking at my obvious spam and avoiding the actual posts where I put opinions out there and generated content.

Vecna

#943 Post by Vecna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:21 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:45 pm
pretty sure power thief steals free gun if rivera doesnt shoot. this was poorly thought out imo
can only be stolen if lynched

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#944 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:22 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:15 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:52 am
I decided to iso worcej to figure out why I was feeling weird about his/her play. worcej has been very active but I don't think they've said much. They've mostly discussed mechanics and voting strategy and they've hammed it up a bunch. The thing that bothers me most in the iso is that worcej takes every opportunity to provide description/commentary or to lead people out with questioning, but never really provides their own analysis. It looks insightful at first glance but provides nothing new to the other players.

This is the closest thing to analysis worcej has posted, but it obviously says nothing and appears to just be an in-joke:

I think this is scum!worcej trying to go buddy-buddy with the whole squad... and/or roleplay brainbomb to prevent being read.

##VOTE worcej
I find myself in general agreement with MF. That’s not great in itself.

However, this is the shittiest “analysis” I have ever seen, and it happens in the same post where you are voting for someone over their lack of analysis. You really think worcej is openly buddying 8+ individuals? Lmao

##VOTE foodcoats
youre quoting foodcoats the semi newby bo, not MF.

does that change your opinion? because this post seemed quite plausible from a town mindset thats not used to worcej
I was agreeing with what MF previously said about foodcoats, which I quoted in my next post because I realized it may have been unclear, and then quoting foodcoats on a post he had made since MF previously drew my attention toward him.

I don’t know what your second fragment of a sentence means. Is worcej a verb?

damo666

#945 Post by damo666 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:22 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:21 pm
If what, Damo?
if relevant (not in relevant) [my response to you]

worcej

#946 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:23 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:51 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:21 pm
##GM NOTE

Roles were randomly selected and allocated.
To my reading this includes the possibility of a single Mason.
Can we stop arguing or really even caring on the number of masons? Is this even really important?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#947 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:18 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:23 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:47 am
Through 15 pages, the worst post is easily foodcoats’ post about EMC:

It was literally a shitpost, the exact thing you claim it wasn’t. Then there’s a bunch of wordy analysis that makes no sense if you actually read it. How in the world does self-voting free you from the responsibility not to lurk? And suggesting that the post was an attempt to appear active on the bot is a huuuge stretch.

From here I ISO’d foodcoats and it’s more scumshit. There’s a post where he writes a paragraph to tell brain to post less. He mentions he’s played mafia on another site, yet also claims he doesn’t know enough about the “structural ramifications” of mafia to give an opinion on mass claiming. In his last post, he asks brain what made him suspicious of worcej, right after listing why he thinks worcej is suspicious. What’s the point?

In general, his posts seem to point more towards creating conversation than solving the game. He also hasn’t updated his EMC vote which is based off of the first post of the game, a shitpost.
For reference, this is what I agree with.
oh ok, guess I misunderstood.

Bo, id like you to look up one of Percies early posts. Where he commented on one of the worst foodcoat offender posts abd was all priase praise over it. It was at the start of the game, and im of the opinion that.....well take a look at it and talk to me.
Sorry, I posted before reading. Can you quote it for me?

Vecna

#948 Post by Vecna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:24 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:24 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:21 pm
Huh, don't think rivera actually claimed anything outright? (unless I missed it). He just sorta started talking about it and didn't deny people assuming.

Yes, I did claim a role (which unfortunately turned out be apparently scummy behavior lmao)

but regardless, shooting me is a terrible idea since it'd be a waste of a shot, and I won't even die from the thread properly, and Fox will never be able to see his policy change come to fruition successfully.
ok so youre claiming bulletproof. thats good. shooting you clears you now
since when are you so bad at reading?

worcej

#949 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:24 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:57 pm
I am just torn on what to do now. I can shoot someone now and risk killing a town as I don't have a solid scum read or I can just not shoot and risk being the NK and not using it (at least from what I understand from the rules now, the shot can't be stealed unless I am lynched). So what's the best call?
Pull the trigger. If you have it, then fire it now that you whipped it out. If you don't, and live during N1, then I'll vote to lynch you.

Vecna

#950 Post by Vecna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:35 pm
Ok so first of all I'll ##UNVOTE because Moscow has actually showed up and made some game-related posts.

This is clear proof that pressure voting lurkers is useful play, and I'm gonna do this to Moscow every D1 from now on. Moscow, my friend, thanks for joining us. I remember you're a good player when you make the effort, so hopefully you'll keep up now.

EMC is super weird for keeping his vote on himself for ages while he was the lead wagon, but I see he has moved it now.

@Rdrivera: Why on earth did you claim your role so early, and under no pressure? What was the point of that exactly?
Jamiet is also a scumread of mine. His tone and early inquisition against MF all felt very forced.

Noone else feeling this?

damo666

#951 Post by damo666 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:26 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:57 pm
I am just torn on what to do now. I can shoot someone now and risk killing a town as I don't have a solid scum read or I can just not shoot and risk being the NK and not using it (at least from what I understand from the rules now, the shot can't be stealed unless I am lynched). So what's the best call?
If you don't shoot now and you are not NK'd there's a strong possibility of you being D2 lynch (on the basis you were fake claiming a non existent role to glean info) so I think you have little choice. Please choose wisely.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#952 Post by TrPrado » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:26 pm

##GM NOTE

There are either zero Masons or two Masons in the game.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#953 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:27 pm

@rdrivera..
I answered another question of yours, and didn' say, 'don't shoot me.'

I'm townie Mctowniepants.

I also don't see where shooting me gains us much info. A couple of people have voted for me, but their reasoning was sound, albeit wrong.

If you're going to shoot today, shoot someone who's flip will reveal... maybe emc, now that he is off the top wagon? I dunno.

worcej

#954 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:19 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:16 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:05 pm

I did reread you, and I really don't see where you actually make an assertion that I'm scum, let alone a case...
I don't inherently scum read you, but my case is I think you pushed too early on emc and are using meta too much as a justification of lynching someone D1.

I'd be interested to see your flip, hoping we get lucky and you were scum :P
I pushed too early on emc? It's a policy lynch I declared I'd pursue at the end of M1007. So this is a weird position to take.

Anyway, I think it produced useful information. What's your assessment of how he responded? What's your read on him?
I've addressed this already in a post a few hours ago. Re-read me better.

Vecna

#955 Post by Vecna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:28 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:43 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
You really think worcej is openly buddying 8+ individuals? Lmao
No, I think worcej is using humour to generate positive feelings from other players. I did not mean strictly "pocketing," but rather utilizing a persona - having style over substance.
worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:26 pm
Okay, going to poke some holes in this one...

What mechanics did I discuss?
Me saying I think going for lurkers is poor is discussing voting strategy?
I don't do analysis? Did I not provide analysis on my take on Foxcastle? I even sprinkled in some brainbomb analysis in their too if you read it.

You need to try a little more than this if you're going to paint me as scum.
This misses the point. I'm talking about the overall trend of your iso. You are spamming a lot of stuff that doesn't align you to any specific trains of thought or opinions on any players. It looks like you're being helpful at a casual glance, but from the long-term perspective it allows you to avoid leaving any meaningful traces on D1, and I think that is scummy.

This is actually very pertinent to the interaction you had with Fox. I just re-read that interaction and it seems all you did was disagree over whether policy lynching so early in the game was a valid strategy. This is exactly what I mean about your iso... you have a lot to say about nothing.
this kinda reinforces my point @bo

feels pretty natural now. I still think percy was scum early on buddying a potential town foodcoats for stuff only a scummer would think was a towny post.

brainbomb

#956 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:29 pm

where exactly is Southeast Asia? and can we assume that his mason buddy is not from that region?

Foxcastle

#957 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:30 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:27 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:16 pm
I don't inherently scum read you, but my case is I think you pushed too early on emc and are using meta too much as a justification of lynching someone D1.

I'd be interested to see your flip, hoping we get lucky and you were scum :P
I pushed too early on emc? It's a policy lynch I declared I'd pursue at the end of M1007. So this is a weird position to take.

Anyway, I think it produced useful information. What's your assessment of how he responded? What's your read on him?
Honestly, I barely know what you're referring to here. Are you saying you already addressed my push on emc, are you saying you already gave a position on emc?

Because re-reading you doesn't help if you're not clear the first time.

worcej

#958 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:30 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:27 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

Honestly, I barely know what you're referring to here. Are you saying you already addressed my push on emc, are you saying you already gave a position on emc?

Because re-reading you doesn't help if you're not clear the first time.
I addressed both previously. The post a few hours ago would be where I discussed my opinions/reads on the top 3 wagons at the time (EMC, MF, and Darg).

Nothing has changed really since then.

Vecna

#959 Post by Vecna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:33 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:22 pm
Vecna wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:

I find myself in general agreement with MF. That’s not great in itself.

However, this is the shittiest “analysis” I have ever seen, and it happens in the same post where you are voting for someone over their lack of analysis. You really think worcej is openly buddying 8+ individuals? Lmao

##VOTE foodcoats

does that change your opinion? because this post seemed quite plausible from a town mindset thats not used to worcej
I was agreeing with what MF previously said about foodcoats, which I quoted in my next post because I realized it may have been unclear, and then quoting foodcoats on a post he had made since MF previously drew my attention toward him.

not used to worcejs playstyle

worcej

#960 Post by worcej » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:33 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:22 pm
Vecna wrote:

not used to worcejs playstyle
I am honored to have an official playstyle now. I assume it's shit.