Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#341 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:55 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:48 pm
I am OK with voting for either bo_sox or MoscowFleet for posting just to get off the non-poster list.
Didnt hotsuke do that too

damo666

#342 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:42 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:45 am

Why do you think the town roles assignments were not random?
The OP says 'selected from', does not say randomly. I doubt it's random. For example if you did it randomly you might get a solo Mason, pretty pointless.
Why not random with a correction for the masons if necessary?
quasi-random or corrected random ain't random

Also consider the Mafia roles, I think it most unlikely there isn't both Ant and Human.

Complete random selection caould also make the game unbalanced.

I'm happy to assume 'selected' means selected non-randomly.

There will not be a mass claim. Drop the idea.

damo666

#343 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:58 pm

##vote Bozo (until he concedes re mass claim)

worcej

#344 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:05 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:42 am
Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:50 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:36 pm

I actually considered suggesting this myself. I haven't thought through how much we would be giving away though because I only all skimmed the roles. I would love to hear opinions on this from everyone but especially from Vecna and bozo.
the setup doesnt give us the tools to catch the lies. it mostly gives us tools to avoid the nightkills.

giving scum the info lets them kill the investigatives while easily dodging all out usefull abilities.
I think you are just looking at the negatives of mass claiming without considering all of the benefits of locking each scum into a fake claimed role. If you were mafia, would you think mass claiming roles would be helpful?
What benefits is there to locking the scum into their fake claims? How would we use that information to hunt them down?

I'd much rather keep our investigators hidden than just out them right away.

Vaporwave

#345 Post by Vaporwave » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:05 pm

##UNVOTE worcej (worcester sauce)

didn't like his entrance posts but subsequently he got somewhat familiar to me, the vibe I get is dramatic, anxious worcej which reminds me of his town self in that game where he had a beef with damo

will continue to monitor him

worcej

#346 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:06 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:57 am
would I think it helpfull to know exactly who to target for the roleblock, power thief and nightkill every night?

Why yes, I would, as scum.

Itd be absolutely trivial to only have to worry about lynches and completely remove the town benefit if all our roles with the knowledge of who has what.

Knowing who has what power allows scum to counter our powers exactly.

We wont have any tools to catch them in their lies.

The only benefits youve mentioned are that it "locks them in their claim". We achieve the same benefit if we just ignore roleclaims and lynch whoever is scummy.

Let scum worry about having to find our roles that can create clears and guilties and dodging our protectives. massclaim results in zero failed nightkills, zero help from prs.

and all because youre afraid of people claiming a role last minute? just ignore it and lynch them.

If scum wanna claim fake results, let them. Well deal with it on a case per case basis and analyze people their reactions to it like we always do.

This plan has very little benefits that cant be gained otherwise, and the downsides to town are enormous. It effectively transforms us all into vt's - some with negative utility.
+4

worcej

#347 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:08 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:44 am
Does anyone other than bozo still agree with the massclaim idea? A lot of the discussion on it just looks like people patting themselves on the back for pointing out that it's a bad idea.
I think we are more bewildered that bozo is all-in with the idea. Knowing the fake roles to him is worth us completely exposing our powers to catch them.

Vaporwave

#348 Post by Vaporwave » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:08 pm

bozo, I hope you're not stuck on this massclaim thing and not do anything else

it's getting tiring already

at first, I was with you and my first instinct got me to believe your tactic is townie, I was also ready to claim, but Percy and bomb have brought up some points against doing massclaim, I think xorxes also

think of a different tactic, por favor and drop this massclaim fixation

worcej

#349 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:10 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
I am OK with voting for either bo_sox or MoscowFleet for posting just to get off the non-poster list.
Barf. You follow up the mass claim argument with going after lurkers? Jesus, maybe you are a good D1 lynch because your progressions so far are horrible.

bozotheclown

#350 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:11 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:55 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Didnt hotsuke do that too
No, Hosuke claim a role in his three posts, which is something significant whether it is real or not.

Vaporwave

#351 Post by Vaporwave » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Vecna, there's no awkward tone in Percy.

I perceive him as his usual, charming self when he's town. I could be wrong, but I'm not seeing anything wrong with him so far.

As for you, Vecna, I think you're scum this time. It's your tone that seems off

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#352 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:13 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:45 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:01 am
bozotheclown wrote:

I think you are just looking at the negatives of mass claiming without considering all of the benefits of locking each scum into a fake claimed role. If you were mafia, would you think mass claiming roles would be helpful?
I can't see any real benefit on massclaiming.
I believe Mafia fake roles are probably roles that can't be disproved (it's not random), maybe all VT, so I can't see why they will have problems claiming it and this would even justify why they aren't nightkilled.
Why do you think the town roles assignments were not random?
Because it's not fair to give scum fake claims that can be disproved, as the objective of this is exactly to avoid a massclaim.

bozotheclown

#353 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:05 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:50 am

the setup doesnt give us the tools to catch the lies. it mostly gives us tools to avoid the nightkills.

giving scum the info lets them kill the investigatives while easily dodging all out usefull abilities.
What benefits is there to locking the scum into their fake claims? How would we use that information to hunt them down?

It prevents scum about to be lynched from claiming the most useful fake role and forces scum to fake the powers of their fake roles.

worcej

#354 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
##UNVOTE worcej (worcester sauce)

didn't like his entrance posts but subsequently he got somewhat familiar to me, the vibe I get is dramatic, anxious worcej which reminds me of his town self in that game where he had a beef with damo

will continue to monitor him
MONITOR AWAY BABY. I hope you like what you see... *insert sexy dance*

brainbomb

#355 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 pm

Percy Williams
Day-1 39:13
page 14 / orig Why has Worcej been defending EMC so hard? I understand calling people out for a vote based on just the first post, but this mind manipulation... No wonder I have a headache! :-D
I would like to propose that is EMC is Scum, Worcej is scum too
Non-votes
bo_sox48
Chaqa
Mike213
MoscowFleet
Percy Williams
rdrivera2005
worcej
This isnt a good look

worcej

#356 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 pm
worcej wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

It prevents scum about to be lynched from claiming the most useful fake role and forces scum to fake the powers of their fake roles.
Yes, but at the distinct cost of our PRs.

Also, if you havent noticed, town as SUCCCCCKED at actually finding a scum lately. The only one really 'found' without a PR in most recent games has been xorxes due to the 'you have to lynch xorxes if he is alive on D3'

bozotheclown

#357 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Barf. You follow up the mass claim argument with going after lurkers? Jesus, maybe you are a good D1 lynch because your progressions so far are horrible.
I did not say I would vote them for lurking, but what does one have to do with the other?

worcej

#358 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:19 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
I did not say I would vote them for lurking, but what does one have to do with the other?
How does voting them for posting just to get off the non-poster list not equate going for lurkers?

Do you maths?

bozotheclown

#359 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:20 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 pm
worcej wrote:

Yes, but at the distinct cost of our PRs.

Also, if you havent noticed, town as SUCCCCCKED at actually finding a scum lately. The only one really 'found' without a PR in most recent games has been xorxes due to the 'you have to lynch xorxes if he is alive on D3'
We have 11 PRs, the mafia can't get rid of all of them at once.

Vaporwave

#360 Post by Vaporwave » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:24 pm

damo is town, he's actually invested and make serious posts.

I've caught scum damo using a bit of flirting to pocket people so him not using that is a good thing this time

I'm also impressed by rivera's posts in regards to this 'massclaim' discussion. I think he's doing the most perfect job in dismantling bozo's arguments.

rivera :o wow