M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
VashtaNeurotic

Re: M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

#1721 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Sat May 25, 2019 11:01 pm

Yo emc mind doing something other than saying you are lurking.

Also ftr emc os not a bad scum candidate i just have him at like 3rd on my priority list.

Also ND you went from "totally cool with being lynched" to very not cool when i suggested that you might be scum, what gives? And will you take me up on the latter offer.

teacon7

#1722 Post by teacon7 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:04 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:56 pm
I'm at that maudlin moment in life when you realize everything you do will determine how the next 10-15 years of your life goes, and it's going terrible.
fwiw and out of game: I've had moments like that and
a) at the time, I thought I had failed at literally everything
b) in retrospect, it wasn't as crucial a moment as I thought.
c) the next 10-15 years actually turned out pretty okay

teacon7

#1723 Post by teacon7 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:04 pm

That said, it's worth mentioning that among my other accomplishments since then, I'm able to report that 10 years later I lurked my way to victory as scum in m22! it was great.

looking forward to the answers to those questions

teacon7

#1724 Post by teacon7 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:05 pm

That said, it's worth mentioning that among my other accomplishments since then, I'm able to report that 10 years later I lurked my way to victory as scum in m22! it was great.

looking forward to the answers to those questions

e.m.c^42

#1725 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:05 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 pm
@emc
a) what do you make of the possibility of further similarities between xorx' m45 reads and damo's m1007 reads?
b) what do you think of vapor / flav ?
c) i hope you're no longer casually dying. when do exams end?
Well, now that we know xorxes is town, I don't think there's that much to it - damo doesn't seem like enough of an idiot to quite literally copy that much, and the similarity between the two reads ("bozo is usual logical self") seems to be enough of a commonly held sentiment that it only pinged xorxes since he was the one who wrote the original.

I townread vapor, and am a bit ehh on flavius - The way he talks in dip games is different enough from how he talks here (+similarities between how he talks this game and last) to make me question it a bit.

Exams ended day before yesterday, but my summer courses have started lol
am going from like 15 hours to 3 active ones :P

e.m.c^42

#1726 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:08 pm

Wait, teacon, why are you self voting?

Can't tell if this is a mind trick or you're just really resigned.

e.m.c^42

#1727 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:24 pm

Oh, lovely, ND has reverted to a more usual skin. (this isn't sarcasm)

As for your case on me, I will say that it's somewaht valid, since my activity dropped extremely after the first day and it's pretty much the only impression you have of me this game - would like to think it's not a personality issue, but lack of other activity, redeeming or not

for the VCA, haven't you realized I always do this lol (check bot if you want, pretty sure except for being afk EOD I'm 3rd or 2nd to last vote on lynch wagon)

but it got a lot worse this game since haven't been following along/live as much, and it feels different/harder to get feeling-reads

e.m.c^42

#1728 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:25 pm

ND wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 2:17 am
so dumb
also
Which post is this commenting on?

ND

#1729 Post by ND » Sat May 25, 2019 11:26 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:51 pm
-snip-

for the past 4-5 days I have been lurking
K scum boat

e.m.c^42

#1730 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:28 pm

Teac, I don't think we have a town!flav game

Flavius forgetting/not noticed who was NK'd shouldn't be alignment indicative imo, since he really pushed a derpy skin last game as incoherentnoob!scum

VashtaNeurotic

#1731 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Sat May 25, 2019 11:33 pm

Also emc when you are done with responses and stuff...please put down a vote instead of in the last 5 minutes.

e.m.c^42

#1732 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:37 pm

ND wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:26 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
-snip-

K scum boat
#afktab
#truth
let me try to change that

Do you think xorxes would really be that wrong tho? that teacon is a setup for mislynch - granted, without the whole thread eating thing, teac feels better since he's engaging different opinions in a non-emotive way, and consistent effort when it would've been easy to wait for thread to die is also pts

teacon7

#1733 Post by teacon7 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:39 pm

ND wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:25 pm
If you look at his play over the course of the entire game. What exactly has he done?
I see what you're saying, but tbf, moscow hasn't exactly contributed much original thought to this game either.
  • d1 he landed on vapor for "posting nothing of substance," then switched to damo once the lynch was inescapable.
    he did defend damo d1, though he wasn't alone. xorx took issue with my comment not moscow's. MF looked pretty town to me d1.
  • d2 moscow vanishes. he voted midway through, voting for durga (who at that point was in the lead already).
  • d3 he made a lot of sense and voted xorx. I can't complain about his reasoning there. but knowing we were TvT, it strikes me that he could easily look reasonable in picking one of us, and pushing me for the next day.
  • d4 he comes out against me with the "there's one scum between them" line of reasoning. While imo I'm still a quite viable lynch candidate for the sake of clarity, it bugs me that he's not considered "what if it was TvT?" (I now know that it was TvT, but you'll find that out in a bit). Really, in what universe is it a good idea as scum to take on town xorx like that?
  • after I flip town, he's said he's going to angle for flav. while I see flav as pretty scummy, I also see him as a player that would get scumread as either alignment, just based on how he's talking.
All told, I don't think Moscow is nearly as town as he seems, because a) every day this game he's taken the path of least resistance, and voted with whatever the consensus seems to be. b) he's largely disappeared for certain phases of the game, as correlate with mafia interests: don't stop fights from happening. In addition, c) it strikes me that moscow is capable of more creative and investigative thinking than he's done this game... in vote posts he's largely just summarized the arguments of others that sound convincing to him. It's not just that people townread him for making sense, it's that he's repeating others so we generally forget he's there.

If he's scum, he's playing an excellent game.

ND

#1734 Post by ND » Sat May 25, 2019 11:44 pm

VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:01 pm
Yo emc mind doing something other than saying you are lurking.

Also ftr emc os not a bad scum candidate i just have him at like 3rd on my priority list.

Also ND you went from "totally cool with being lynched" to very not cool when i suggested that you might be scum, what gives? And will you take me up on the latter offer.
k lynch me. that's fine.

ND

#1735 Post by ND » Sat May 25, 2019 11:46 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:39 pm
ND wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:25 pm
If you look at his play over the course of the entire game. What exactly has he done?
I see what you're saying, but tbf, moscow hasn't exactly contributed much original thought to this game either.
  • d1 he landed on vapor for "posting nothing of substance," then switched to damo once the lynch was inescapable.
    he did defend damo d1, though he wasn't alone. xorx took issue with my comment not moscow's. MF looked pretty town to me d1.
  • d2 moscow vanishes. he voted midway through, voting for durga (who at that point was in the lead already).
  • d3 he made a lot of sense and voted xorx. I can't complain about his reasoning there. but knowing we were TvT, it strikes me that he could easily look reasonable in picking one of us, and pushing me for the next day.
  • d4 he comes out against me with the "there's one scum between them" line of reasoning. While imo I'm still a quite viable lynch candidate for the sake of clarity, it bugs me that he's not considered "what if it was TvT?" (I now know that it was TvT, but you'll find that out in a bit). Really, in what universe is it a good idea as scum to take on town xorx like that?
  • after I flip town, he's said he's going to angle for flav. while I see flav as pretty scummy, I also see him as a player that would get scumread as either alignment, just based on how he's talking.
All told, I don't think Moscow is nearly as town as he seems, because a) every day this game he's taken the path of least resistance, and voted with whatever the consensus seems to be. b) he's largely disappeared for certain phases of the game, as correlate with mafia interests: don't stop fights from happening. In addition, c) it strikes me that moscow is capable of more creative and investigative thinking than he's done this game... in vote posts he's largely just summarized the arguments of others that sound convincing to him. It's not just that people townread him for making sense, it's that he's repeating others so we generally forget he's there.

If he's scum, he's playing an excellent game.
eh, I see what you are saying, but if we are talking about the path of least resistance it's mr. rogers (oh mr. shucks I'm scum but totally just lurker town lol EMC)

moscow doesn't trump EMC for me.

ND

#1736 Post by ND » Sat May 25, 2019 11:47 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:37 pm
ND wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:26 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
-snip-

K scum boat
#afktab
#truth
let me try to change that

Do you think xorxes would really be that wrong tho? that teacon is a setup for mislynch - granted, without the whole thread eating thing, teac feels better since he's engaging different opinions in a non-emotive way, and consistent effort when it would've been easy to wait for thread to die is also pts
Xorxes is wrong lots of times. He just spent two days tunneling someone who was obviously town. He was a total moron this game.

e.m.c^42

#1737 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:47 pm

Vashta, you scumread ND right?

Are there reasons than 1) he seems to mainly/only scumread people who scumread him, and 2) his obsession with getting Durga lynched, then sorta a drop in activity after that happened?

I kinda feel like 2 is more NAI since it's probably personal issues
but then, because it's expected, it's also plausible as an excuse.

ND

#1738 Post by ND » Sat May 25, 2019 11:47 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:24 pm
Oh, lovely, ND has reverted to a more usual skin. (this isn't sarcasm)

As for your case on me, I will say that it's somewaht valid, since my activity dropped extremely after the first day and it's pretty much the only impression you have of me this game - would like to think it's not a personality issue, but lack of other activity, redeeming or not

for the VCA, haven't you realized I always do this lol (check bot if you want, pretty sure except for being afk EOD I'm 3rd or 2nd to last vote on lynch wagon)

but it got a lot worse this game since haven't been following along/live as much, and it feels different/harder to get feeling-reads
K go collab with your scum buddy Vashta. I can't believe you two actually got two PR's. That is beyond insane to me.

ND

#1739 Post by ND » Sat May 25, 2019 11:50 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:47 pm
Vashta, you scumread ND right?

Are there reasons than 1) he seems to mainly/only scumread people who scumread him, and 2) his obsession with getting Durga lynched, then sorta a drop in activity after that happened?

I kinda feel like 2 is more NAI since it's probably personal issues
but then, because it's expected, it's also plausible as an excuse.
Vashta has no reasons. He is a total fruitcake, nutter, who skims through the game lurks more than you Mr. Rogers and even if he *was* town this game (which he isn't) he is still a total retard. He is true and obvious scum just like you EMC. You two gonna hang.

teacon7

#1740 Post by teacon7 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:51 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:08 pm
Wait, teacon, why are you self voting?

Can't tell if this is a mind trick or you're just really resigned.
It could be a mind trick, yes. That's been done before. I'm not resigned, I'm just not sure it's a good idea for me to walk into lylo like this. From where I sit, it's perfectly in line with my wincon to say: If you're gonna lynch me at all, you gotta lynch me today.
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:28 pm
Teac, I don't think we have a town!flav game
Flavius forgetting/not noticed who was NK'd shouldn't be alignment indicative imo, since he really pushed a derpy skin last game as incoherentnoob!scum
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:05 pm
I townread vapor, and am a bit ehh on flavius - The way he talks in dip games is different enough from how he talks here (+similarities between how he talks this game and last) to make me question it a bit.
Does he have that kind of affectation on purpose? It makes me wish he was scum so I'd be justified in lynching him.

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:05 pm
Well, now that we know xorxes is town, I don't think there's that much to it - damo doesn't seem like enough of an idiot to quite literally copy that much, and the similarity between the two reads ("bozo is usual logical self") seems to be enough of a commonly held sentiment that it only pinged xorxes since he was the one who wrote the original.
okay so you think damo just said it that way and it was sheer coincidence that xorx noticed it?
Exams ended day before yesterday, but my summer courses have started lol
am going from like 15 hours to 3 active ones :P
as someone who works in a school, I hear and understand and empathize. I hope things go well for you.