Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#1301 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:49 pm

Hmmm. Maybe DemonRHK is skilled scum. It's possible.

Foxcastle

#1302 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:47 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:41 pm
There were at least two better challengers (me, Bozo) than Squigs, who was confirmed scum. DemonRHK isn't a dumb player, so why did they make a dumb move? Despite asking, I don't get a response from him.
I'm not sure I agree. Challenging you, if you are town, would be a great move for a scum Gladiator, for sure. You'd have been more likely to get lynched, and he could then have said "oh dear, oh well, several people were scumreading Foxcastle, ah dear dear, my mistake" and even tried to draw towncred.
Right, and then we'd know my alignment AND Squigs' alignment. I know he could only use it that phase, but even so, there were better options, and it just looks off to me that he basically wasted it on a vote where the only reasonable options was for every single person to vote for Squigs.

He was likely to win over either Bozo or me, but it would have been damn interesting to see how either of those votes turned out, because I really doubt they would have been 12-1...

Jamiet99uk

#1303 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
There were at least two better challengers (me, Bozo) than Squigs, who was confirmed scum. DemonRHK isn't a dumb player, so why did they make a dumb move? Despite asking, I don't get a response from him.
I'm not sure I agree. Challenging you, if you are town, would be a great move for a scum Gladiator, for sure. You'd have been more likely to get lynched, and he could then have said "oh dear, oh well, several people were scumreading Foxcastle, ah dear dear, my mistake" and even tried to draw towncred.
Right, and then we'd know my alignment AND Squigs' alignment. I know he could only use it that phase, but even so, there were better options, and it just looks off to me that he basically wasted it on a vote where the only reasonable options was for every single person to vote for Squigs.

He was likely to win over either Bozo or me, but it would have been damn interesting to see how either of those votes turned out, because I really doubt they would have been 12-1...
This is fair comment.

Vecna

#1304 Post by Vecna » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:32 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:30 pm
And what was it again that he did that was so hard to fake again? Because nothing about it looked in any way pure towny either.
Ok lemme do a quick re-read. He doesn't have all that many posts.
Exactly, so why do you constantly feel the need to say there was nothing suspicious about the way how he did the gladiate stuff?

Vecna

#1305 Post by Vecna » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:02 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:29 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:18 pm
why is demon probably town again? I don't remember
In my view the way he conducted himself during the gladiator thing didn't look fake to me.
How he conducted himself during the gladiator challenge? You mean... all THREE posts?
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:24 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:22 pm
I will hold my end vote until it is needed.

Some people have conditional powers they may want to activate.
I’ll go first.

HEY SQUIGS, STEP INTO MY OFFICE.
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:35 pm
Okay. Guess I’m waiting on a GM.

Long story short vote for me or squigs, we are the only options.

##Vote Squigs
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:00 am
I have to give him credit for fighting to the ##end
There's so little there, I'm surprised you're willing to make a judgement at all.

I'm not claiming I would have known what to do with the gladiator challenge, but DemonRHK's use of it stinks. There were at least two better challengers (me, Bozo) than Squigs, who was confirmed scum. DemonRHK isn't a dumb player, so why did they make a dumb move? Despite asking, I don't get a response from him.

I think it's more likely that DemonRHK is scum and they wanted to mop up Squigs without leaving a serious day of voting to analyze, and the gladiator challenge provided a way to do it.
This post is also complete horseshit. Like he was ever not going to challenge there.

Both you and jamiet look suspicious as shit around this stuff. You for trying to paint RHK as the much better target than yourself. And Jamiet for giving RHK the reacharound for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Vecna

#1306 Post by Vecna » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:05 pm

Why challenge someone else than the confirmed scum in role madness?

Jamiet99uk

#1307 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:06 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:05 pm
Because they're confirmed scum.
Therefore you can come back and lynch them the next day.

There was no way at that point Squigs was going to stop appearing to be scum. His guilt was confirmed and known to all.

Jamiet99uk

#1308 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:00 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:32 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:30 pm
And what was it again that he did that was so hard to fake again? Because nothing about it looked in any way pure towny either.
Ok lemme do a quick re-read. He doesn't have all that many posts.
Exactly, so why do you constantly feel the need to say there was nothing suspicious about the way how he did the gladiate stuff?
I wasn't present when it occurred, and on initially reading over the pages I'd missed, it seemed ok to me. On re-read, as I've said, not so clear.

Foxcastle

#1309 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:11 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:05 pm
Uh, maybe to help town win the game by doing something that produces information that's actually useful to analyze? Because that 12-1 vote tells us nothing.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have used it. I'm just curious why an experienced player made such a useless move with it.

Foxcastle

#1310 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 pm

I also don't like that DemonRHK just did it without offering any discussion on it. Again, if he'd said "I'm activating my gladiator power in X hours, who should I challenge", that would possibly be a useful discussion that maybe would have helped us later on. But no... We got nothing. He used his powers in the most useless way possible, and he won't even explain himself it was deliberate.

bozotheclown

#1311 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:18 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

DemonRHK could have used his power that way, but he chose to use it to make sure he activates hid D3 protection, which I think is NAI. I do not think it is as obvious a misuse of power as what Vecna did with his D1 protection.

Foxcastle

#1312 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:21 pm

Activating the power is NAI. Doing it for the D3 protection is NAI. But doing it in a way that skips useful discussion and effectively lets the Squigs vote obfuscate any useful discussion or vote analysis is worth considering. Is it scummy to take action that prevents town from having useful discussions and useful votes that could be analyzed later?

Foxcastle

#1313 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Anyway, this is getting repetitive. I wish I had the excuse that I'm tunneling on DemonRHK, but besides this, there's just not much else to go on.

Jamiet99uk

#1314 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Since we're now almost at EoN for real, here are my updated reads. Those which have been updated since my last reads post are highlighted.

1. doubtingthomas - 70% town. Missing the start appears genuine. He has been earnest and involved since then.

2. Nephthys - 70% town. He's active and asking questions whereas as scum I recall he sat back more and tried to blend in.

3. Squigs44 - Dead scum.

4. ND / Flash - 55% scum. ND was lurking hard which he does as scum, and Flash hasn't done anything to change my view.

5. xorxes - Dead town. RIP.

6. worcej - 50% null. Seriously, I cannot get a read on him and I don't see any mistakes or slips or contradictions. He's cold and composed at all times, and only betrays a shred of personality when he's waffling about American football. I just can't tell.

7. DrCJG - Dead town. RIP.

8. Jamiet99uk - 100% town.

9. damo666 - 90% town.

10. bozotheclown - 66% scum. Looks like he was saved EoD1.

11. Ghug - Dead town. What a shame, how sad, never mind.

12. rdrivera2005 - Dead town. Heroic. RIP.

13. Ezio - Dead town. RIP.

14. Vecna - 65% town. Seems his usual aggravating town self. If not town, I'd lean SK.

15. DemonRHK - 50% null. Really not certain now.

16. Foxcastle - 55% scum. Maybe he was saved? Possible bussing involving Squigs.

17. Raging Garden Gnome - 50% Null. Shot was NAI although I think giving scum a Vig would be unbalanced. On the other hand, Ike asked people who he should shoot, and then totally ignored the opnions offered, which is weird, like he'd already decided to shoot Ezio regardless, and hoped town would also back an Ezio shot, thus reducing the pressure on him if (when?) he flipped town. That didn't happen, but he pulled the trigger anyway. Hmm.

18. dargorygel - 55% town. I didn't like him advocating a mass-claim, but it would be a risky thing for scum to propose as one of their roles is scum-only. On the other hand, on page 23 he very organically made reference to the scum QT in a manner that showed he didn't realise it was open during the day. Re-reading that I think if that was faked, it was faked superbly. It feels genuine.

19. lord quas - 70% town. I don't know his meta but he is actively hunting and I like his efforts so far. Seems earnest and investigative.

20. crimsonfox - 60% scum. Foxes are a bit like wolves, and he's been doing a lot of irrelevant shit, and now he's trying to out PRs.

Jamiet99uk

#1315 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:56 pm

So I guess in the morning, unless some weird shit happens overnight, I'd be happy with a Bozo vs Foxcastle race again. I think that would be the most informative.

Nephthys

#1316 Post by Nephthys » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:56 pm
So I guess in the morning, unless some weird shit happens overnight, I'd be happy with a Bozo vs Foxcastle race again. I think that would be the most informative.
I personally would like to add in the other fox as well.

I think those three hold most of the information here.

Jamiet99uk

#1317 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:01 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:00 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:56 pm
I personally would like to add in the other fox as well.

I think those three hold most of the information here.
Yeah, ok.

bozotheclown

#1318 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:15 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:37 pm
Right now CrimsonFox, dargorygel, DemonRHK, Nephthys, RagingIke, rdrivera, Vecna, worcej, and xorxes seem the most likely to be town, in my opinion.

DoubtingThomas, DrCJG, and ND have not said enough for me to have an opinion on them.
I am moving Vecna off my town read list for saying he was not trying to get ghug lynched after playing an active role in getting him lynched. I am adding LordQuas to my town read list after a reread. That makes my likely town list: CrimsonFox, dargorygel, DemonRHK, Nephthys, RagingIke/Garden Gnome, and worcej.

I still have no opinion on DoubtingThomas or ND/flash.

That leaves damo, Foxcastle, Jamie, and Vecna as my top scum suspects.

bozotheclown

#1319 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:18 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:15 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:37 pm
Right now CrimsonFox, dargorygel, DemonRHK, Nephthys, RagingIke, rdrivera, Vecna, worcej, and xorxes seem the most likely to be town, in my opinion.

DoubtingThomas, DrCJG, and ND have not said enough for me to have an opinion on them.
I am moving Vecna off my town read list for saying he was not trying to get ghug lynched after playing an active role in getting him lynched. I am adding LordQuas to my town read list after a reread. That makes my likely town list: CrimsonFox, dargorygel, DemonRHK, Nephthys, RagingIke/Garden Gnome, and worcej.

Forgot one.

Update:

That makes my likely town list: CrimsonFox, dargorygel, DemonRHK, LordQuas, Nephthys, RagingIke/Garden Gnome, and worcej.

Jamiet99uk

#1320 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:29 pm

@Bozo:

Why do you think I am scum?
Why do you think CrimsonFox is town?