Tiny Hunt I Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Tiny Hunt I Game Thread

#601 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:26 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:42 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:41 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:40 pm

what makes you think ezio is so surely town?
if you are too smart to explain that shit, maybe that's why you always have people raising the stupid wagons? cuz wagons only happen if more than enough people believe on the reason for such wagon to be even formed to begin with?

why dont you share your knowledge instead of trying to be high and mighty
Too smart to explain? I just played a game where I got railroaded on D1 because I explained my point of view, and people thought I was too smart for my explanation. Now I'm too smart to explain at all? That's quite a compliment. Maybe my high and mighty attitude is deserved.

I don't really care about your case. It wasn't very good, but I don't scumread you and when I read your case I didn't see it as motivated by anything super evil, so I left it alone for Ezio to deal with and I think he summed it up pretty nicely a few posts before the one I'm quoting here. The wagon, however, is such a giant crock full of shit. Take a look. Here are the four votes that joined you against Ezio:
y2kjbk wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:13 am
##LUMP DoubtingThomas
##VOTE Ezio

I’ve been swayed by the case against Ezio. Bozo’s vote for DT being defensive makes no sense to me in light of the case.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:24 pm
I'm totally up with an Ezio vote. He looks scummy, is overly interested in himself, and hasn't addressed Thomas's case.

##Vote.Ezio
damo666 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:25 pm
OK bozo, I agree we need a wagon so

##VOTE EZIO
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:49 pm
##VOTE Ezio

We do not have a lot of time to try to get someone to 7 votes.
If you look closely at this sequence, you'll notice that all of these votes occurred in an extremely tight timeframe, within a page actually. That is red flag number one - wagons led by town don't often jump so suddenly like that. Generally, that indicates that there is at least one or two mafia players trying to grow that wagon artificially. That said, that isn't a slam dunk on its own, so I go onward.

If you read these posts individually, you don't find much substance. To begin with, nobody of these four voters actually added any insight to your case nor did any of them even attempt to validate it, which a town player should be doing. The name of the game isn't casting your vote and disappearing; it's casting your vote and convincing the crowd to follow in toe. As such, I look at their motivations and try to deduce what drove them to make this move.

a) y2k's vote against Ezio was the first following you, and it is absolutely fucking awful. He said he is swayed by your case, and then he says that bozo's vote on you for being defensive doesn't make sense, given that you made this case. I would have loved to have heard how he came to that conclusion, but he doesn't let us know. Even so, he did not even make a veiled attempt at furthering your case against Ezio. He did not make any significant attempt to go after Ezio before casting his vote. To the point where I have read, he has not done so since. He is jumping on your back and expecting you to carry him.

b) Jamie's vote was the second against Ezio after you, and it is also fucking awful. He makes three points without going into any detail on any of them, so in his mind he actually does have reason beyond your case to vote for Ezio but he makes no attempt to explicate those reasons. On that same note, his reasons are absurdly vague - "scummy" means nothing as we all have different ideas of what is scummy, plus it changes game by game; "overly interested in himself" is a pretty common trait of a narcissist, which you pretty much have to be in order to actually log into this site, so I have no idea what this is supposed to mean; "hasn't addressed (your) case" is the only part of his scumread and vote that I actually understand, but this changed moments later. I don't know that this vote is necessarily scummy, but it sucks balls regardless, and it may very well be scummy.

c) damo's vote is the most legitimate of those that followed you, given that he had actually made his scumread of Ezio evident prior to voting for him. It seems that he is simply taking advantage of the tide against someone that he actually scumreads. He should have been mindful of the votes before him and noticed that they were both as bad as they were, but he wasn't.

d) bozo's vote seems to me to be entirely motivated in reaching a majority, which makes no sense to me at all if a majority vote includes people that aren't actually interested in the vote. Why does he think Ezio is scummy? I don't know. He didn't say.

This is why I think that the wagon against Ezio is hilarious and the fact that there is so much potential scum influence on his wagon is my best reason on top of my earlier townread for believing that Ezio is almost certainly town.
I have looked carefully at this post where bo_sox attacks the Ezio D1 wagon and I still do not like it. It seems to me that he is trying to find a scum reason for each vote on Ezio to argue Ezio's wagon is bad instead of the reverse. He also does not give any reason why he thinks the mafia would be trying so hard to lynch Ezio that they would all vote him within a short period of time.

bozotheclown

#602 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:28 am

My lynch preferences for today are Ezio, bo_sox, and DoubtingThomas.

bozotheclown

#603 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:34 am

I think it is time to announce that I survived the NK attempt N1.

DoubtingThomas

#604 Post by DoubtingThomas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:57 am

guys, i have skimmed.

i was not targeted at night

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#605 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:31 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:08 am
@Bo - you shredded Bozo for voting Ezio just to get a majority, but then voted ND, and it looks like your reason was just to get a majority. Is this the case, or did you have another reason for scumreading ND? If this is the case, why is it okay for you to do it, but not Bozo?
"Shredded" bozo? I don't recall. I don't scumread bozo. I suppose I can’t scumread him now. His vote was without explanation and I always like to hear it from the horse's mouth, but I figured he was going for a majority. In this setup, there is nothing wrong with that. What he did wrong was dropping a vote without explanation and then doing nothing with it. It’s like taking a dump on the sidewalk and then not smearing it everywhere within a 10x10 radius. If people can just walk around it, what’s the point? Instead of getting shit on everyone’s shoes and having a laugh about it, you’re simply the douchebag that took a dump on the sidewalk.

(Yes, I’m drinking.)

ND was a non-contributor who we could actually get a majority on at the end of day 1. I figured there was as good a chance that he was scum as anyone else we were putting up, including Ezio. You know I scumread worcej and would have been happy to go for him, but there was no steam behind that wagon. You were there, you should know this.
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:26 am
I have looked carefully at this post where bo_sox attacks the Ezio D1 wagon and I still do not like it. It seems to me that he is trying to find a scum reason for each vote on Ezio to argue Ezio's wagon is bad instead of the reverse. He also does not give any reason why he thinks the mafia would be trying so hard to lynch Ezio that they would all vote him within a short period of time.
Yes, I was looking into individual votes and pointing out the possibilities that could be behind each post. That was the exact point of the post. Duh. Thomas specifically asked me to explain to him why I thought Ezio was town, so I explained to him what I saw about the wagon that might suggest the wagon was steered by the witches. I also very clearly said a couple of times now that at the very most I suspect two of the four votes that I discussed were scum, and most likely only one because there is an open mafia QT and no reason for them to be voting together. Nonetheless, those votes were opportunistic and hardly rationalized, especially y2k's and Jamie's, as I have also said. Why can't you read?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#606 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:33 am

##VOTE worcej if I haven't already

Vecna

#607 Post by Vecna » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:04 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:34 am
I think it is time to announce that I survived the NK attempt N1.
Ah crap, why did it have to be the obv-town guy

Jamiet99uk

#608 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:04 am

damo666 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:13 am
##VOTE DoubtingThomas

he doesn't know what day it is
This is a terrible reason for voting someone.

damo666

#609 Post by damo666 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:05 am

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:57 am
guys, i have skimmed.

i was not targeted at night
Bit late DT!

Jamiet99uk

#610 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:07 am

@Damo: I would like you to explain why you think it is scum-indicative for a fairly new player to be confused about the deadline?

damo666

#611 Post by damo666 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:08 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:04 am
damo666 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:13 am
##VOTE DoubtingThomas

he doesn't know what day it is
This is a terrible reason for voting someone.
That was a joke reason. Look at the fakery of ( your teammate's ?) posts

damo666

#612 Post by damo666 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 am

With under 9 hours to EOD our votes are still all over the place. My top 3 to lynch after a reread are DT, Squiggs, Jamie in that order.

yavuzovic

#613 Post by yavuzovic » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:35 am

Ezio wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:04 pm
Oh yav! Good work so far #buddy! Have you done a thorough read of Bozo or Jamie? Have you done an iso read on Damo, who is the guy you're seriously pushing to be lynched?
Could you do us a solid and post your full case on Damo, with every shred of evidence you can find?
😧 I am lazy. But anyway I will do one soon.
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:09 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:02 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:33 pm
What do you mean by this, yav?
I mean he takes our attention to somewhere else.
Believe it or not, I was hoping for examples rather than a dictionary definition of "distract."
He makes us work to find how could a player be saved, instead we should find scums, this doesn't help us.

Vecna

#614 Post by Vecna » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:49 am

Damo is doing the exact thing he was doing in infinity wars, where he scumreads people, right until he gets criticized for his reasoning, and then he suddenly backs off.

:smirk:

Vecna

#615 Post by Vecna » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:52 am

Bo, why havent we had a talk yet? We never talk.

y2kjbk
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#616 Post by y2kjbk » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:00 am

##VOTE bo_sox. I reread him upon waking up and seeing bozo's case, and I agree there's something off. bo_sox comes out of the gate claiming to want to scumhunt and not focus on mechanics. His resulting game seems more about justifying vote/lynch preferences than scumhunting. He asks questions that don't push players in the way I recall seeing town bo play. The culmination of it all is his vote on worcej now that seemed to be mostly taking advantage of the fact my vote was there in order to start a wagon, as opposed to any further reading on his part on worcej. My case on worcej was pretty shitty as I thought about it going to sleep; his postings at this point could easily be townie just chiming in with his limited thoughts when he can.

damo666

#617 Post by damo666 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:03 am

Vecna wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:49 am
Damo is doing the exact thing he was doing in infinity wars, where he scumreads people, right until he gets criticized for his reasoning, and then he suddenly backs off.

:smirk:
I was being criticized for concentrating on the lack of NK and probabilities and not scumhunting so I find this somewhat laughable. If you are talking about the vote on you I always said this was to encourage save/nosave claims.

DoubtingThomas

#618 Post by DoubtingThomas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:12 pm

je suis arrivé!

ask me anything

damo666

#619 Post by damo666 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:23 pm

DT are you village or witch?

DoubtingThomas

#620 Post by DoubtingThomas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:34 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:49 pm
I don't know if this is significant but the only people on ND that weren't lumping Vecna are Bo_ Y2K and Ezio.

I like Ezio's reasoning late day 1 so to get the ball rolling

##VOTE Y2K
i didnt lump at all so this is false