MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#741 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:47 pm

When does night end? In like 15 minutes? I guess the whole choosing who we want SK to Target thing isn't catching on. Everytime Yav opens his mouth I like him less. Also, I don't understand BB. At all.

Foxcastle

#742 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:47 pm

I'm not going to make it back to a computer before EON, so my reads will be brief. Yavuz is still scummy. BB could be anything. Worcej looks better for having shown up. However, he was on the Peter and diplayer wagons, which could have been self preservation or good cover for scum. The way the Peter and dipplayer wagons came up was scummy, but I don't think they were predicting BB.

brainbomb

#743 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:49 pm

worcej wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:40 pm
teacher2 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:40 pm
Wow, appr 100 posts. Im here til daybreak than off again til real life night.
I almost think BB is going for the record of posts/pages in a mafia game.

I felt like ive been lurking.

Jamiet99uk

#744 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:50 pm

Teacher2, I can confirm I've been in Mafia games where Brainbomb has posted much, much more than this.

Jamiet99uk

#745 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:53 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:48 pm
Shoot me, but I actually want to be killed by mafias, not serial killer.
If Brainbomb is able to kill you, it will be in the form of the Mafia NK.

brainbomb

#746 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:53 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
This is interesting

teacher2

#747 Post by teacher2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:54 pm

EoN Reads, with italicized questions (this time only within each player’s bullet).

ADDED: I drafted this at post 655, so apologies for where it has become outdated (e.g., Squigs has answered my ?). Ive been trying to read up on the last 100ish posts, but dont have time to modify formatting or any reads (and as yet dont think I want to).

Before going through players, lets first talk assumptions. Im assuming 1.6 scum on wagon. That’s more than my default (I would normally assume 1.3 wagon, 1.3 Brain, 1.3 vanity – dispersed team and random traitor). I increased wagon because (1) I suspect Brain more than D1 from the SK claim (so think scum are slightly less likely to park there), and (2) to adjust for the traitor’s slight tendency to vanity (for which regular scum cannot adjust). So 1.6, .6, 1.8 overall (clearly cant be true, just explaining how wagon analysis is factoring into my reads).

Second, to elaborate on my three full nulls—Bismarck, Damo, Doubting. All are newbs. All are the three lurkiest players. Based on my experience, one of these players will definitely be scum from pure lurk, and that’s also consistent with odds of scum in three random players. I just have no idea which one.

With that out of the way…..
  • Bismarck: Had a lurky D1 explained as being sick. Im leery of the N0 question as a forced townslip, but could be newb. His unvote of Brain on pg. 21 was a superdefensive response to suspicion that lacked a vote, but again could be newb. Seemed buddy-buddy to foxcastle. Ended the day on Peter, but signed off when that was the wagon so going to treat him as functionally on-wagon. Pure null.
  • Bozo: Way more active D1, responsive to questions and logical reads and thoughts. Has the earliest (and therefore purest) reasons to be on dipplayer, especially since he leaves. Thought process with respect to Demon bleds town even if I disagree. Nothing I dislike, and a lot that I want. Town-read.
  • Brain: Ugh. Very difficult because I cant tell your motivation. I had townread you because of the early wagon and what felt like genuine emotion. But I hate self-votes. I disliked the too knowledgeable”\ mislynch preflip announcement. And, more important, I hate liars and rulebreakers. MS has a “lynch all liars” policy. And either Brain is lying about being SK (likely) or breaking his wincon (unlikely and rule-vio). Either way, between all this, the role PM defense, and the continued toxicity, Brain has managed to talk himself into a scumread overnight. (it’s the strongest because I town most of his wagon)
  • Damo: Second lurkiest living player, but that’s NAI. Don’t mind timing of the BB vote, nor the rejection of the role PM defense. Don’t like that he didn’t explain leaving Brain wagon for Worcej and then Peter, nor that he didn’t leave Peter even though he appeared online. Pure null.
  • Doubting: The three lurks are all up top alphabetically, but newb. Definitely a weak start, and interesting reason not to vote Brain, but again newb. Invokes newb defense in all of his later posts, and ends up on pure vanity wagon (but vacation). Pure null.
  • DrCJG: Im not holding Dip against you, since it actually felt like you were acquiescing to Bozo/me. Your play has felt towny, especially how you approached Peter all afternoon, but its felt that way two times before too. Much like you feel about me, I will have strong doubts about you if you are still alive at Mylo. But for now, you are a light townlean.
  • Flash: Last, and least necessary, joiner to the wagon, so treating as if on Brain. Flash, why did you feel the need to switch especially given how hard your views were? Besides that, I had nothing to dislike about your play or change my initial reaction, though you did become less involved as it felt like the game was heating up. What timezone are you in? Heavy townlean.
  • Fox: The lynch that got away. (Kidding, just considering how close he was to being the consensus alternative). I liked your gamestart, but still had abstract doubts. On rereading, they are pretty puffy posts that don’t advance a case. I liked your readslist even if I disagreed with it, but had a hard time with your quick turnaround on Bozo and me. You are a null-scum, but not the same alignment as Brain (who I scum more) due to your wagon positions.
  • Jamie:I disagreed with your scumread of Brain but towned you for it. I really appreciated your providing a full reads on 16 – I agreed with some, but more importantly could see your genuine thought process behind all of them. I also liked your encouragement of activity to doubting. Townread.
  • PeterLund:EoD posts get townier the more distance I get from them. Strongest town.
  • Raging: Still wanting more, but EoD really improved my read. The observation on the Brain wagon was strong, and I like that you weren’t just jumping around like a chicken to Dip at the end, given the result. Im still treating you like you were on Peter since your jump wasn’t necessary, but it was better than Flash’s. The things I like most were your sorting questions to Doubting, Fox, Bozo, and RdR. You get a medium townlean, but also a question of why you preferred Peter to Dip after Peter’s response?
  • RDRivera:At midday, just like Ike. But unlike Ike, basically stayed there. Doubted Jamie’s case but didn’t contest it. Relatively voteparked. On the other hand, like that you pressured DrCJG – not going for lowhanging fruit, at least by my feel of the board then. Scum-lean.
  • Squigs: No day time content to comment on. Readslist seemed genuine, but having a scumsided readslist is (contrary to Peter’s theory) scummy, because it allows flexibility to push any direction in the following days. Im going to give you credit for the genuineness, and the statistics of a random slot being town to make you null town, but Id like you to pick any thing that happened tonight (the SK claim, my response to you, Yavuz’s case, or anything after) and tell me how it affected your reads.
  • Teacher: Dirtiest of bags :P
  • Vecna: Limited content, but liked your Peter push. Shared reads does NOT mean shared alignment. But shared reasoning points that way. You hit the nail on the head with why I doubted Peter’s motivation. Id like for you to tell me why you liked RdR’s catchup post enough to retract. Since youre Euro, I view the EoD absence as NAI and therefore excusing the limited content as well given gamestate. You get a medium townlean.
  • Worcej: Similar to Fox, it felt like a pretty puffy start and a readslist that I liked. You don’t have the issue I had with Fox with play inconsistent with your readslist. Its pretty random, but how you addressed the “above”/”below” with Yavuz, and how you owned up to mining Brain’s posts both felt like somebody not concerned about being themselves. Mild townlean, want more content to feel stronger.
  • Yavuz: Earlier I thought you were playing solidly within your town meta, but something is off. You made the exact same comment upon entry in the newb game that you did upon entry here, so I think I was reasonable to interpret it as genuine. Both your denial and your case on me is weird. . I had the same difficulty with your motives in Newb (and asked since I thought you were town), but here I just have gut pingings. In particular, you have only discussed two slots total, which preserves the flexibility scum want. Null-scum, but unlikely to be same alignment as brain.

brainbomb

#748 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 pm

How can I be scum traitor and able to kill?

:evil:

teacher2

#749 Post by teacher2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:54 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
yavuzovic wrote:
This is interesting
Youre claiming SK would be a violation of your WinCon, and thus the rules. Since it would have been multiple rules violations, presumably the GMs would have done something. Thus you cant be SK. Jamie is genuine reading again.

brainbomb

#750 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:57 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:54 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

This is interesting
Youre claiming SK would be a violation of your WinCon, and thus the rules. Since it would have been multiple rules violations, presumably the GMs would have done something. Thus you cant be SK. Jamie is genuine reading again.
Not true. Im most likely to be lynched. Snowys claimed sk befire and it wasnt a rule vio when he did it day 1.

bozotheclown

#751 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:58 pm

I do not think there are any obvious scum, but here are my opinions after D1:

BismarckAlive – likely town, I doubt his question about N0 actions was a deliberate attempt to throw us off, I think it indicates he is a new town player.

brainbomb – lean town, it is hard to tell but I think he would be a little more careful as scum. I doubt he is the SK.

damo666 – neutral, nothing suspicious, but not a lot of input yet.

DoubtingThomas – possible scum, seemed to be playing it safe be following the trend on all three of his votes.

DrCJG – likely town, contributing to scum hunting to the extent possible on D1.

flash2015 – likely town, strong scum hunting effort D1, not concerned about drawing pressure.

Foxcastle – neutral, I did not find anything he said suspicious, but I know from experience he is good as scum as well as town.

Jamiet99uk – lean town, but I am not positive his interaction with brainbomb is town vs. town.

peterlund – possible scum, early posts drew some suspicion, he defended well, but could do that as scum.

RagingIke297 – neutral, seems to be trying to solve the game as usual, but I found it a little odd he would say he is not following the game too close.

rdrivera2005 – neutral, nothing too suspicious, but I question some of his reads, although that might just be because he seems to be scum reading me.

Squigs44 – neutral, initial analysis seems legitimate, but still early.

teacher2 – likely town, leading a lot of discussion in what I consider a productive way.

Vecna – lean town, but coincidental that he is targeting peter after his pregame comments about peter.

Worcej – possible scum, seemed to be avoiding conflict D1.

Yavuzovic – likely town, I think his suspicion of brainbomb is real. I also believe he thought there was a day chat for mafia.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#752 Post by dargorygel » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Phase has ended
Please do not post!
This means you!!!!

ND

#753 Post by ND » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:06 pm

And it shall come to pass that what men made shall be shattered,
and the Shadow shall lie across the Pattern of the Age,
and the Dark One shall once more lay his hand upon the world of man.
Women shall weep and men quail as the nations of the earth are rent like rotting cloth.Neither shall anything stand or abide…

-The Karaethon Cycle: The Prophecies of the Dragon

DrCJG has DIED he was INGTAR the TRAITOR
RagingIke has DIED he was EARWIN the VANILLA TOWNIE

Day 2 has begun! 48 hours remain.

teacher2

#754 Post by teacher2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:06 pm

DrCJG visited me.

Jamiet99uk

#755 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:06 pm

RIP RagingIke :-(

brainbomb

#756 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:07 pm

LOL whyd I kill Drcj?

brainbomb

#757 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:07 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:06 pm
DrCJG visited me.
Does traitor visit?...

Jamiet99uk

#758 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:08 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 pm
How can I be scum traitor and able to kill?

:evil:
I did not say you were the traitor necessarily. I suggested you were trying to signal to the traitor.

teacher2

#759 Post by teacher2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Sorry, got to go. BB, look at the rules and youll see how I know.

Jamiet99uk

#760 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:08 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:07 pm
teacher2 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:06 pm
DrCJG visited me.
Does traitor visit?...
Yes, the Traitor has a visit. If they visit a Mafia, they find out that person is Mafia.