M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

#1541 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:56 pm

Regarding my EoD1 Absence - I was busy being taught a new Steam game by a friend and it took longer than I anticipated, so instead of being able to turn up with 10 minutes to go I tabbed in right as the day ended, and therefore decided to tab back out. I could have been around if I wanted, though.

EoN Reads List:

Bozotheclown - Can't really understand why he's so deadset tunnelling on Flash, and it seems more like he's trying to square the rest of the game to make Flash scum than it is that he's actually trying to find scum. Not that I can talk when it comes to accusing people of tunnelling, but the obsession here really doesn't make any sense to me. A key driver of the flash wagon D1. Possible scum, possible 3P.

BunnyGo - Has been extremely active this game and yet I can't think of a single memorable thing he's actually done. Null/Possible scum

Fluminator - Has really done nothing. Vote flipping near EoD looked pretty bad, but one would anticipate that a scum trying to save their teammate would instead make one stronger case and try to gain traction on it, instead of just hipspraying at everyone. Null.

damo666 - Got the same vibes off him as last game, and I see no reason why he'd jump in front of everything by openly trying to PR-fish as scum. Plus he was the guy who put MF into the lead. Extremely Strong town.

Durga - Can definitely see her as scum here. Somewhat defended MF, and the fact that Moscow got locked into the kill so easily suggests that at least some of the scumteam weren't around to drive a counterwagon.

Flash2015 - Probable town. As I've said already tonight, I just don't see how his self-vote play makes any sense if he's on a team with Moscow. Mafia don't give up and just let town kill between them, they either bus for credit or they push for a town-wagon.

Foodcoats - Haven't really seen anything to change my mind about them being scum D1, and I think it somewhat noteworthy that when Moscow & Food became the tied top 2 wagons D1, the flash wagon very quickly materialised as alternative option.

goldfinger - Liked his explanations, liked his lines of questioning, pretty strong townread.

hthefourth - No real feelings, though he was one of the people who jumped onto the flash wagon when it first appeared after Moscow & Food had been tied. Null.

kgray - The yavu wagon being an attempt to save Moscow is definitely possible, but the wagon she was previously on (food) was still viable at that time, and as I think food is scum, I struggle to imagine that kgray double-bussed there. Leaning town.

Macca - Not had great explanations, but I'm still willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now while there are other people who look worse. Slight scum

rdrivera - I don't think I've ever townread rdrivera in a single game I've played with him, but the early and consistent vote on Moscow looks very good, and I struggle to believe that he'd consider Moscow so weak that he had to be eliminated no matter what. Probable town.

Seth - If Food is scum, I struggle to believe Seth would double-bus in his first scum game, much as the same as with kgray. However, if food is town, then seth's vote pattern looks a lot more damning and I think he gets a lot less credit for the Moscow kill than other people do. Slight town.

Summit - Ain't anything like last game, and reminds me of the game where he died N1 as town recently too. Maybe he's completely flipped his meta, but I don't buy it. Strong townread.

Tom Bombadil - I found his early interactions with Moscow to be discomfiting right from the off, and that was entirely on Tom's end. Absolutely nothing he's done has rubbed me off as being townie. His consistent focus on Damo after it became clear to almost everyone that Damo was probably town felt borderline desperate to me, and the flash vote at the end is just the cherry on the top. Extremely strong scumread. Kill immediately.

TrPrado - Not really a fan of just quoting stuff which happened 12 hours ago and going "And what?" as a way of looking like you're actually adding content to the game, and I could buy that he was a scum who was absent at EoD. Slight scum.

Vecna - Key driver behind the Moscow wagon despite having plenty of opportunities to abandon ship onto other wagons. Strong townread.

worcej - So-so day, but as scum would he really bother parking his vote onto the damo wagon when Moscow/Food/flash were tied for the lead? Pretty much took himself out of the window to rescue his partner or influence the daykill, so I'm leaning town on him as a result.

yavuzovic - The "tie" vote was pretty damn weird, but staying on the Bozo wagon for so long as scum would be a pretty big abdication of responsibility for scum there. Null

Fluminator

#1542 Post by Fluminator » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:59 pm

Bush did 9-11!

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1543 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:00 pm

NIGHT 1 HAS ENDED. PLEASE DO NOT POST.

summit_fever

#1544 Post by summit_fever » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:00 pm

Town:

rdr/vecna/kgray I feel most confident in.

Bozo/Bunny/Flum are lower down in confidence. Flum could very well have been looking for an exit off the moscow wagon.

HR isn't looking bad either. Ditto Damo and Prado.
---
I think it's possible Durga found a convenient method to signal being a traitor with her comments on never bussing and "Sorry team". She does make statements like that as town, but it seems reasonable she'd also look for an opportunity to signal in that manner.

Still haven't seen seth do anything I'd classify as townie. Getting on the moscow wagon right at the end with a "no ties" comment as well as being happy with it seems weak. Also, that "What's going on around here?" attitude to flash self-voting seems a little fishy to me since in his first game he saw worcej throw everything into a self vote...including forcing an eventual tie due to his selfvote.

Macca is too quiet for much more than a null from me. I really expected that loose-cannon macca style to shine as town.

Putting some pressure on worcej is a good idea. Prado's done a good job tearing through his iso.

Jamiet99uk

#1545 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:05 pm

END OF NIGHT ONE

As dawn broke over the Warner Brothers studio, the assembled toons discovered a sad sight. A tiny pile of fluffy brown chicken-hawk feathers.

Foghorn Leghorn gave a particularly deep sigh. "Well, that boy was more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind, but that sure is a shame."

But that was not all!

"Hey, look over here! It's that creepy coyote! Or, shucks, it used to be!"

DAMO666 is dead - he was HENERY HAWK the Vanilla Toon
TOM BOMBADIL is dead - he was WILE E. COYOTE, the Mafia Item Thief!

DAY TWO HAS BEGUN
YOU MAY POST

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1546 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:06 pm

Lol, this scum team are getting wrecked. Tom really was as blatant as he looked.

RIP Damo.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1547 Post by flash2015 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:06 pm

Oh, awesome!

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1549 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:08 pm

@Bozo

What do you think about flash now that Tom flipped scum?

Durga

#1550 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:09 pm

Oh god I look terrible. This is just embarrassing

summit_fever

#1552 Post by summit_fever » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:09 pm

Day 1

MoscowFleet (9) - rdrivera2005, Vecna, damo666, kgray, Fluminator, summit_fever, flash2015, yavuzovic, seth24c
flash2015 (5) - bozotheclown, BunnyGo, hthefourth, foodcoats, Tom Bombadil
yavuzovic (2) - TrPrado, MoscowFleet
damo666 (2) - Macca573, worcej
foodcoats (2) - Hellenic Riot, Durga
TrPrado (1) - goldfinger0303

Fluminator

#1553 Post by Fluminator » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:09 pm

##Vote Hellenic Riot
This is scum

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1555 Post by goldfinger0303 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Holy smokes, way to go jailor!

So that's two down on kgray's signaling theory. Maybe we should consider that seriously.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1556 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:09 pm
##Vote Hellenic Riot
This is scum
Good luck with that

Fluminator

#1557 Post by Fluminator » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:11 pm

I have the gun. What are your last words HR?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1558 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:11 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:09 pm
##Vote Hellenic Riot
This is scum
You think scum!tom questioned a weird comment by scum!moscow about scum!HR D1?

BunnyGo

#1559 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:11 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:05 pm
END OF NIGHT ONE

As dawn broke over the Warner Brothers studio, the assembled toons discovered a sad sight. A tiny pile of fluffy brown chicken-hawk feathers.

Foghorn Leghorn gave a particularly deep sigh. "Well, that boy was more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind, but that sure is a shame."

But that was not all!

"Hey, look over here! It's that creepy coyote! Or, shucks, it used to be!"

DAMO666 is dead - he was HENERY HAWK the Vanilla Toon
TOM BOMBADIL is dead - he was WILE E. COYOTE, the Mafia Item Thief!

DAY TWO HAS BEGUN
YOU MAY POST
Wow, great interrogation Foghorn!! Way to avenge Henry Hawk. I’m with my kids, but proper videos coming later.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1560 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:11 pm
I have the gun. What are your last words HR?
If you think I pushed on Tom as his partner right from the off whilst refusing an opportunity to bus Moscow, you do you.