Mini-Mafia M1014

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: Mini-Mafia M1014

#741 Post by Durga » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:26 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:24 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:17 pm
Guys gold is self voting that's so sketchy you have to kill him.
It is hella sketchy, agreed. Bozo is still scummier though. Gold at least has made some effort at pro-town discussion.
Why would bozo play the way he's been playing as scum?
ghug wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:27 pm
Man I was all ready to vote bozo if I needed to but the more I think about it the more I really don't want to kill him either.
This sucks. But also there's a lot of ghug talking about how shitty bozo is as a player and I don't think he would actively undermine his scum partner like that

Durga

#742 Post by Durga » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:34 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:46 pm
Bozo is not a good wagon.

I'm still waiting on the Yoyo wagon to see what's going to happen.

Obviously my self-vote was a joke you incompetent fools.
Hold on - goldie said this PAGES AFTER I posted the thing that apparently made goldie realize that yoyo was PR

Durga

#743 Post by Durga » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:37 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:49 pm
I'm not going to join the bozo wagon. I don't like it.

Still too early to decide on the yoyo wagon.
Again - you claim you think yoyo is a PR at this point so why is it still too early to decide on the yoyo wagon?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#744 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Damo was first with the END vote, Ghug was 2nd. Going for that END is pretty incriminating to me. The longer scum are required to interact in the form, the harder they have to work to avoid slipping. Major scum points to Damo for that.

Reading about tells over on mafiascum, a tell is being 3rd on a wagon. Gold was 3rd. Major scum points.

Still leaning on Gold as the kill today but Damo close behind.

Durga

#745 Post by Durga » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:40 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:59 pm
I think Yoyoyozo is more likely scum than damo.
Protecting damo?

Durga

#746 Post by Durga » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:39 pm
Damo was first with the END vote, Ghug was 2nd. Going for that END is pretty incriminating to me. The longer scum are required to interact in the form, the harder they have to work to avoid slipping. Major scum points to Damo for that.

Reading about tells over on mafiascum, a tell is being 3rd on a wagon. Gold was 3rd. Major scum points.

Still leaning on Gold as the kill today but Damo close behind.
I'm sorry but both of those are not good reasons and I don't think they're indicative either way

Durga

#747 Post by Durga » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:40 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Protecting damo?
Actually at this point bozo has claimed and knows he's doomed so idk

Durga

#748 Post by Durga » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:46 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:07 pm
Yoyo, you waited too long to claim. I was looking to see if you were checking in, saw that you were without posting, and figured you were the PR.

Durga's post turned me on to the fact that you were probably PR, but she was voting Yoyo anyways.

Durga-bozo scumteam.
I - hate - this - post.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#749 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:56 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:32 am
No, I'm making perfect sense. I've probably been scum more often than you have, yoyo. I know scum moves by now, and your earlier interactions were it.

You lurk more when you're town. You're posting a lot, which means you're excited. Town PR Yoyo wouldn't stick his head out that much. Hence, you're scum.
Goldie you said it didn't click for you that yoyo was PR until my post, here it seems like you're already PR searching and have evaluated whether yoyo is PR or not - why did you change your mind
I don't really have a good answer for this one Durga. More posts gave more of his interactions to analyze. And when it clicked it clicked. There was a good deal of time between this post and my realization

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#750 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:17 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:04 pm
It's less a desire to direct the cop scan and more a desire to neutralize a town threat.
I think what really is bothering me reading back, is this thing where you
a) want people to ignore HB
b) are directing the cop scan
c) are directing the cop scan ONTO HB who you want people to ignore
d) are advocating that this cop scan can neutralize a town threat

Now, barring the fact that you/HB scum team would be ridiculous and you're probably not trying to get godfather scanned, town!gold should know that out of 6 town players (excluded the cop), 3 would show up as scum on a scan. And advocating HB's death based on that is just straight up not town play. Not to mention it being a complete waste of a clear if we could get a clear.
We had no clear idea on who to target and were talking about killing a lurker. The very last game I played had all town lurkers. So instead of killing a lurker, I wanted to kill someone who would certainly make it to the late game and be a late game threat to town

Durga

#751 Post by Durga » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:57 pm

Okay I'm done reading. My take is that goldie is scummy, and damo is waste.

I think goldie is looking a lot better today but I think that's just me attributing his effort as townie as opposed to him actually being townie.

Damo I hate in general, but I'm not sure how much is just worthless town or actively scummy. Can someone who's played with damo recently tell me if he usually does this? I remember one time I could have bet my right hand that damo was scum but then he ended up being town. But that was years ago

I have thought about the fact that this could by LYLO, but I'm kind of at a loss as to who the scum team can be if bozo was town. Reading back, goldie/ghug doesn't really make any sense, nor does goldie/damo... I don't think ghug/damo makes sense either with that last second push. Hb/damo would be just weird and that would just be me giving into paranoia. Goldie/HB could happen if HB was godfather and goldie was trying to get him scanned but seriously that would be nuts too. I'm fairly confident in my read of HB as town, less confident on ghug but still leaning town.

I'm pretty sure we're not at LYLO though, bozo's actions just don't make sense as town. I think I'm leaning on voting for goldie because re-reading that day 1, he looks straight up scummy. If I'm wrong here, then it's probably damo. Doesn't seem like bozo interacted much with either.

Durga

#752 Post by Durga » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Anyway guys, I actually have to study, so I'll check back later, would like to hear more from ghug and damo pls

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#753 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:34 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:46 pm
Bozo is not a good wagon.

I'm still waiting on the Yoyo wagon to see what's going to happen.

Obviously my self-vote was a joke you incompetent fools.
Hold on - goldie said this PAGES AFTER I posted the thing that apparently made goldie realize that yoyo was PR
I've explained this Durga. I thought he could be PR. Was doing a test to see if he'd come back at EOD and lurk. Which is what he did. This post is me blatantly saying that I'm doing a test

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#754 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:12 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:57 pm
Okay I'm done reading. My take is that goldie is scummy, and damo is waste.

I think goldie is looking a lot better today but I think that's just me attributing his effort as townie as opposed to him actually being townie.

Damo I hate in general, but I'm not sure how much is just worthless town or actively scummy. Can someone who's played with damo recently tell me if he usually does this? I remember one time I could have bet my right hand that damo was scum but then he ended up being town. But that was years ago

I have thought about the fact that this could by LYLO, but I'm kind of at a loss as to who the scum team can be if bozo was town. Reading back, goldie/ghug doesn't really make any sense, nor does goldie/damo... I don't think ghug/damo makes sense either with that last second push. Hb/damo would be just weird and that would just be me giving into paranoia. Goldie/HB could happen if HB was godfather and goldie was trying to get him scanned but seriously that would be nuts too. I'm fairly confident in my read of HB as town, less confident on ghug but still leaning town.

I'm pretty sure we're not at LYLO though, bozo's actions just don't make sense as town. I think I'm leaning on voting for goldie because re-reading that day 1, he looks straight up scummy. If I'm wrong here, then it's probably damo. Doesn't seem like bozo interacted much with either.
I agree that my re-read has made me much more comfortable that we're not at LYLO. If we are though, it's because you're scum. Any other team configuration doesn't really make sense to me.

Damo was quite active last game when they were PR, but did a stupid play D2 and was widely scumread D1.

damo666

#755 Post by damo666 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:29 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:24 pm
There is a distinct lack of damo in day one
I explained that

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#756 Post by ghug » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:31 pm

Gold, every detailed post of your reread that I bothered to read has you pointing at me being town, but then you say I look less townie. What's the disconnect?

On damo, I found him pretty useless last game, but he also ended up as an outed PR pretty quickly. I tend to read players being intentionally obtuse as a town tell, but that wanes a little when they know they're on the chopping block (he's been pretty clearly at least the second choice for a while). Another thing that makes me lean town a little bit was his readiness to clear gold when bozo pointed out that fake townslip. I think that's both evidence of a townie mindset and a pretty questionable choice to make as scum when it seems pretty certain his path to victory would come through a gold flip. The latter point also wanes a little when he seems to have dropped the townread.

I'm feeling better about Durga as town given the way today is going. Slightly more worried about Brian, but that can be sorted out tomorrow if it has to be.

I'm still not entertaining the possibility that bozo was town. It's hard not to question it, but even the little respect I have for bozo tells me that he wouldn't have been that fucking stupid, and all the signs point to it really being him. I think seriously considering the possibility is likely scum indicative, as scum worry about appearing to have more information than they should.

Gold's repeated reminders that we should have listened to him day one on HB don't resonate well, especially as he isn't even actively pushing that. I'm gonna call the big reread fully NAI, given that gold seems fairly hungry in general and probably needs a big effort to get out of dying today regardless of who he is. I still think his day 1 is the worst. ##VOTE gold

damo666

#757 Post by damo666 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:35 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:40 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Protecting damo?
I've already said ISOing bozo doesn't make me look good.

damo666

#758 Post by damo666 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:49 pm

Ok with ghug voting gold I'm abandoning the slight ghug/gold pairing possibility.

Gold has obviously worked hard today but I don't find it particularly AI. If you are town gold I'm sorry all your work has been in vain but I cannot move my vote. The MF post is just so convincing.

My only worry is that if I'm wrong HB will be the NK and whoever is scum out of ghug and durga will convince the other to vote me and we will lose. So it's kind of an all in gamble and my all in says gold is scum.

I should be on very close to EOD but prob not before.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#759 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:52 pm

Page 10

rdrivera tells Moscow that gold looks towny.
Moscow responds to bozo and says the line of questioning isn't leading anywhere or insightful. Says he believes HB's townslip.
HB and Durga interact about a different game. Durga says HB's "townslip" is not one, and is just confusing. A lot of talk about this other game, with Durga not questioning HB's consistency.
HB says gold is town (Is still voting for me at this point), Durga is town, ghug is town, bozo is town, rdrivera damo and Moscow are null, and Yoyo is scum.
gold questions Durga's reason for line of questioning with HB.
HB realizes he was incorrect as a result of Durga's questioning. This results in confusion for Durga.
Gold starts his rant on everything HB does being NAI, so we should deal with him immediately either with a wagon or a cop scan.

Summary: In all honesty, this line of questioning with HB frustrated me because I knew it wouldn't yield anything useful. And it resulted in an extremely scummy post from me. I either was advocating for directing the cop scan (scummy), trying to shut down a line of questioning on HB (scummy), telling people to ignore HB's scummy posts (scummy), or directing a policy kill (scummy). However, I do think that this whole line of questioning reasonably precludes any chance of a Durga-HB scumteam.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#760 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:56 pm

Day Three Vote Count 1.0

goldfinger0303 (2): damo666, ghug
damo666 (2): Durga, goldfinger0303
Unvote (1): Hamilton Brian

Currently NOBODY is set to be daykilled.

You have 2 hours and 4 minutes remaining.