M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#1761 Post by Vecna » Sat May 30, 2020 11:15 am

The main thing that I can hold against Kgray is day3. The day before the JOAT double vote was activated. I understand not wanting to lynch Damo there if you think he was town. Thinking he is scum but still being fine with another wagon is a bit more iffy. I cant really fault someone for scumreading Tom and Bunny at that time, especially after that replacein if youre town. BUT, it all was very convenient from a scum pov. I was pushing the Chaqa wagon at that point, but Kgray voted for Bunny instead, and that got traction as the counterwagon to Damo.

Vecna

#1762 Post by Vecna » Sat May 30, 2020 11:28 am

And it contrasts to this:
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:01 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:46 pm
@bozo I think my best guess for the scumteam is: damo, NephyGo, and Tom

But I don't feel very strongly about any of those except for ##vote Bunny
Do you think Tom and I set up that slip theatre? This is lazy incorrect and knowing it kgray. She’s pushing an agenda instead of hunting. The town!kgray when I was scum was confused when she couldn’t make sense of the game. This is scum!kgray.

My vote on vecna was because I couldn’t understand where vecna was or why EMC survived. I still don’t see vecna.

I still think Damo needs clearing somehow. If he’s town, we’re screwed. So lynch him and hope he’d scum.

My next reads are Tom and Bozo are Town.

Kgray is scum.

Nobody had answered my question why they scum read chaqa despite everyone but kgray listing him.
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:11 am
foodcoats wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 pm
When Bunny subbed into scum last time he was confused and jocular, here he is very smarmy and doesn't mind being a coot and pursuing unpopular opinions like kgray is scum. Bunny is either Lord of Grime and Murk or should be considered town temporarily.
See. Foodc can read me like a dirty plate. Good for you food!
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:15 am
Seriously can anyone summarize their case on chaqa?

Vecna

#1763 Post by Vecna » Sat May 30, 2020 11:44 am

But then again, judging by Chaqa's and Damos voting behaviour on that day (and realizing my earlier assumption was wrong since it was d3 that the vote doubler was activated for) it was clear that scum had committed to bussing at this point.

BunnyGo

#1764 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 30, 2020 12:34 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:28 am
And it contrasts to this:
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:01 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:46 pm
@bozo I think my best guess for the scumteam is: damo, NephyGo, and Tom

But I don't feel very strongly about any of those except for ##vote Bunny
Do you think Tom and I set up that slip theatre? This is lazy incorrect and knowing it kgray. She’s pushing an agenda instead of hunting. The town!kgray when I was scum was confused when she couldn’t make sense of the game. This is scum!kgray.

My vote on vecna was because I couldn’t understand where vecna was or why EMC survived. I still don’t see vecna.

I still think Damo needs clearing somehow. If he’s town, we’re screwed. So lynch him and hope he’d scum.

My next reads are Tom and Bozo are Town.

Kgray is scum.

Nobody had answered my question why they scum read chaqa despite everyone but kgray listing him.
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:11 am
foodcoats wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 pm
When Bunny subbed into scum last time he was confused and jocular, here he is very smarmy and doesn't mind being a coot and pursuing unpopular opinions like kgray is scum. Bunny is either Lord of Grime and Murk or should be considered town temporarily.
See. Foodc can read me like a dirty plate. Good for you food!
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:15 am
Seriously can anyone summarize their case on chaqa?

Oh yeah...my slip theatre with Tom that wasn't theatre.

What's the point of the last post? I kept asking, nobody kept answering me EXCEPT Chaq did once I think.

BunnyGo

#1765 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 30, 2020 12:36 pm

I too may not reliably make EOD. May I ask/offer to end the day early? When is good for you Vecna? It's morning here, and EOD is usually my kids' dinner time. But I assume everyone will be taking a break to watch the Space-X launch today? If not...there's a manned Space-X launch 100 minutes before EOD. I'll be making time for that. So I'll be willing to sign on and think around then.

Vecna

#1766 Post by Vecna » Sat May 30, 2020 2:08 pm

i just realized the day probably doesnt end at the normal time? or does it?

Vecna

#1767 Post by Vecna » Sat May 30, 2020 2:13 pm

judging by jamiets last post its the normal time, ok

BunnyGo

#1768 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 30, 2020 2:18 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:13 pm
judging by jamiets last post its the normal time, ok
Yes. And by bot too in a little under 7 hours.

Vecna

#1769 Post by Vecna » Sat May 30, 2020 2:23 pm

im going to place my vote already in case stuff goes down thatll make me forget about this game. ill try to keep checking in if/when I can. disclaimer: you might have to deal with intoxivecna later on.

Bunny, your tone has been closer to what id expect from your town self today....but there just hasnt been enough content from your slot whatsoever before today to come to a proper judgement. I cannot determine if you managed to vote scum because it was bussing or something else. Ive not been suspicious about kgray at all the entire game, and the only reason I can read scum motivation now is by looking back with everything we know now....and even then its hard to not think it was just towny behaviour interpreting stuff as it happened.

Im going to have to go with my gamelong read and trust in it. Im not 100 convinced about my choice, but its the only choice I can make at this time.

##vote bunnygo

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1770 Post by kgray » Sat May 30, 2020 4:54 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:21 am
Also, Kgray, you stating that I couldve just "hammered the day" to frame someone seems really dishonest after my attempt to use the GM to actually townclear bunny.

You appeared to also think it was possible, yet you seemed completely uninvested in actually getting to the bottom of what happened there
My first thought when nobody died was that Bunny was the last scum and didn't get a vote submitted in time, not that he must be town because the day wouldn't have ended early without scum having a chance to submit a kill. I didn't realize what you were saying about me "not wanting to clear Bunny" until afterwards during the "N6" conversation. I was interested in figuring out what happened, but you'd already handled the GM calls.

I do think it looks like your instinct was that the situation would townclear Bunny, though. I didn't see it as you actively trying to do that at the time, I just thought you were pondering over the rules. However, if you're scum and had checked with Jamie beforehand, you'd already know that it wouldn't townclear Bunny. Still, I maintain that I believe the most likely scenario is that Bunny just didn't have time to submit his NK.

BunnyGo

#1771 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 30, 2020 5:06 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:50 pm
lol. Ok.

Two of three scum in Chaqa, bozo, Vecna
Was just looking back through your voting records. They are remarkably similar. With EMC null voting and vecna voting me instead of Chaq as the big differences.

That day he also voted tom out of nowhere. When Tom was pushing Chaq. Here was Toms reaction.

BunnyGo

#1772 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 30, 2020 5:09 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:05 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:28 pm
the fact the game is so low energy pretty much means that that is how the majority feels.

Only bunny and chaqa (and damo) were majorly speaking out against me.

So whether that means were wrong and scum is just confidently cruising, or bunny and chaqa have somewhat given up since they know theyre not gonna talk their way out of it?
I would dispute I've been majorly speaking at all. I pointed out that Damo was surely JOAT, that kgray seemed off to me (although her response to my pressing has been fairly town!kgray and as Tom points out her votes day 1 are town!kgray...so I'm thinking I may be wrong there).

I suggested that damo had EXACTLY the same posts as last game when he was tired of playing and wanted to surrender. And that it seemed to me that kgray was letting her frustration at him show.

Chaqa has a lot of scummy stuff showing. It's hard to not scum read him.

You are not like you have been the last few town games. You've been largely unhelpful for town those games, but you've been working. Now as a sub, that's different. But you still feel off.

##vote Chaq for the same reasons as damo yesterday. There's no winning if he's town as he's SOOOO scummy both in mechanics and tone. Hats off to bozo if he's scum, I agree with Tom here, it's hard to see how he keeps sliding through here.

Actually, he needs to be my big read next. His tone has struck me so far as the same as the last few games, but he was scum one of those games (albeit a traitor which is as opposite to daychat as possible)
Here’s an interesting post. I had mostly been calling vecna out for his absence.

BunnyGo

#1773 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 30, 2020 5:13 pm

One note for the town among you:

On day 3 my wagon was you (the town person) AND the entire scum team trying to get a mislynch on the substitute.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1774 Post by kgray » Sat May 30, 2020 5:15 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:15 am
The main thing that I can hold against Kgray is day3. The day before the JOAT double vote was activated. I understand not wanting to lynch Damo there if you think he was town. Thinking he is scum but still being fine with another wagon is a bit more iffy. I cant really fault someone for scumreading Tom and Bunny at that time, especially after that replacein if youre town. BUT, it all was very convenient from a scum pov. I was pushing the Chaqa wagon at that point, but Kgray voted for Bunny instead, and that got traction as the counterwagon to Damo.
I really didn't see Chaqa as being that scummy until he tied the D3 vote, and I was so focused on Bunny. I did think damo was scummy but I had a lot of doubts that he was actually scum. I realize why it looks convenient, but I thought we were in mylo and that damo was a much higher chance of being a mislynch than Bunny.

BunnyGo

#1775 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 30, 2020 5:16 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:13 pm

On day 3 my wagon was you (the town person) AND the entire scum team trying to get a mislynch on the substitute.
To be complete, the other option from your POV is that it was scum v scum and both Chaq and Damo were going to bus the best hidden member of the team? Damo was done, and Chaq nearly so.

BunnyGo

#1776 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 30, 2020 5:17 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:16 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:13 pm

To be complete, the other option from your POV is that it was scum v scum and both Chaq and Damo were going to bus the best hidden member of the team? Damo was done, and Chaq nearly so.
When Chaq could have hidden better by just lynching Damo and being done.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1777 Post by kgray » Sat May 30, 2020 5:19 pm

I am not sure about ending early... it seems like a way for scum to conveniently decide when the vote will work out in their favor. But if we all want to agree to a specific time beforehand, I would consider that.

BunnyGo

#1778 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 30, 2020 5:21 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:19 pm
I am not sure about ending early... it seems like a way for scum to conveniently decide when the vote will work out in their favor. But if we all want to agree to a specific time beforehand, I would consider that.
That’s fine. Just know I’m going on a hike at 2 hours to EOD. So my ability to pay attention after that is highly diminished.

BunnyGo

#1779 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 30, 2020 5:21 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:21 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:19 pm
That’s fine. Just know I’m going on a hike at 2 hours to EOD. So my ability to pay attention after that is highly diminished.
I’ll just have to watch the replay of the space x launch. But kids need to get outside.

Vecna

#1780 Post by Vecna » Sat May 30, 2020 5:23 pm

Hence why it looks much more plausible that you were a teammate of Chaqa, hence him waiting till the bare end to switch votes and thus not risking you actually getting lynched with a double-voter on you. Because that wouldve insta-outted the entire scumteam, if that is what it is.