M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#1461 Post by Vecna » Wed May 27, 2020 3:25 pm

I dont think theyre that suspicious of me. Whether rightfully or not, we have two lynches remaining, and im quite sure theyll predictably go onto bunny and chaqa.

If those two are not scum, we lose.

Vecna

#1462 Post by Vecna » Wed May 27, 2020 3:28 pm

the fact the game is so low energy pretty much means that that is how the majority feels.

Only bunny and chaqa (and damo) were majorly speaking out against me.

So whether that means were wrong and scum is just confidently cruising, or bunny and chaqa have somewhat given up since they know theyre not gonna talk their way out of it?

Jamiet99uk

#1463 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 27, 2020 3:36 pm

VOTE COUNT 5.1

Chaqa(2) - bozotheclown, kgray
BunnyGo(1) - Vecna

Chaqa is set to be lynched.

Three players still need to vote.

29 hours and 24 minutes remain in Day Five.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1464 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 27, 2020 3:58 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:28 pm
the fact the game is so low energy pretty much means that that is how the majority feels.

So whether that means were wrong and scum is just confidently cruising, or bunny and chaqa have somewhat given up since they know theyre not gonna talk their way out of it?
Or it's been a very busy couple days and I don't know how to convince anyone I'm not scum and we aren't about to lose.

I don't understand why people think I would bus damo so hard when he was the JOAT.

BunnyGo

#1465 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 27, 2020 4:05 pm

Vecna wrote:

I would dispute I've been majorly speaking at all. I pointed out that Damo was surely JOAT, that kgray seemed off to me (although her response to my pressing has been fairly town!kgray and as Tom points out her votes day 1 are town!kgray...so I'm thinking I may be wrong there).

I suggested that damo had EXACTLY the same posts as last game when he was tired of playing and wanted to surrender. And that it seemed to me that kgray was letting her frustration at him show.

Chaqa has a lot of scummy stuff showing. It's hard to not scum read him.

You are not like you have been the last few town games. You've been largely unhelpful for town those games, but you've been working. Now as a sub, that's different. But you still feel off.

##vote Chaq for the same reasons as damo yesterday. There's no winning if he's town as he's SOOOO scummy both in mechanics and tone. Hats off to bozo if he's scum, I agree with Tom here, it's hard to see how he keeps sliding through here.

Actually, he needs to be my big read next. His tone has struck me so far as the same as the last few games, but he was scum one of those games (albeit a traitor which is as opposite to daychat as possible)

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1466 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 27, 2020 4:22 pm

Lynching me is a loss. We need to figure out who the last two scum are.

My gut says it can't be as simple as Bunny-Vecna, but I think it's definitely at least one of them, and the way damo pushed Neph Day 2 I could see that being as a plan to bus and protect his role for late game with the vote power.

##Vote BunnyGo

bozotheclown

#1467 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 27, 2020 4:32 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:58 pm
Vecna wrote:

Or it's been a very busy couple days and I don't know how to convince anyone I'm not scum and we aren't about to lose.

I don't understand why people think I would bus damo so hard when he was the JOAT.
You did not vote for damo as your final vote D1-D3, I would not call that hard bussing. Bussing the JOAT would be a good strategy if it looked like the JOAT was going to flip first, so I would not completely rule out kgray and Tom, who would have been hard bussing damo, because damo was getting a lot of votes D1, and it was probably apparent that damo was unlikely to survive long enough to save his double vote to win a day early.

bozotheclown

#1468 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 27, 2020 4:53 pm

xorxes wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:29 pm
worcej: TOWN claimed Vig.
food: TOWN claimed Vig.
kgray: Very likely town.
Tom: I think town, but lackluster performance.
bozo: very strange that he did not update his read of me after D1. Maybe just stubborn town, maybe sneaky scum.
Neph: probably useless town.
summit: strange he is voting for me now.
Vecna: probably scum, especially if judicator indicates there was no interference with Vigs.
damo: probably scum.
Chaqa: almost certainly scum.

My guess: Chaqa-damo-Vecna, but I'm sure there's some undercover scum I'm missing somewhere.
xorxes suspected Vecna for his town read of damo, and because of the probability he was the Tough Guy if worcej was the real Vig.

bozotheclown

#1469 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 27, 2020 4:59 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:15 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:47 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:23 pm

Neph - don't like his end vote whatsoever, but he did say he was purposefully trying to antagonize me (and others, maybe?).

I would never antagonise you x
This Nephthys post was at 24:13 before D1 EOD. His previous post was at 42:44 before D1 EOD. At D1 EOD he said this:
Nephthys wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:50 pm
Oh snap

Guess who forgot about this game
Nephthys wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:51 pm
I’ll catch up in a few hours
When Nephthys started posting 3 hours into D2, he responded to posts from 42:41, 32:16, and 30:10 before D1 EOD. Then he posted this summary of the first 10 pages:
Nephthys wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:14 am
First 10 pages
T
- Chaqa/Kgray/Food
S
- Xorx/Damo/Tom
It seems to me that Nephthys is clearly indicating that he is reading D1 starting at least 42:41 before EOD for the first time. However, he responded to the Chaqa reads post from 31:37 before D1 EOD at 24:13 before D1 EOD, so he was reading at least some of D1 during D1.

I think this effort to look like he had not read D1 yet was to cover for his not voting for one of the wagons at EOD. If Nephthys is scum, I think this indicates at least one of xorxes and damo is also scum.

##VOTE Nephthys
Here is why I suspected Nephthys D2, and I still think this is very suspicious.

BunnyGo

#1470 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:22 pm
Lynching me is a loss. We need to figure out who the last two scum are.

My gut says it can't be as simple as Bunny-Vecna, but I think it's definitely at least one of them, and the way damo pushed Neph Day 2 I could see that being as a plan to bus and protect his role for late game with the vote power.

##Vote BunnyGo
Town!chaqa usually thinks more than this. Even if I think he’s usually crazy.

BunnyGo

#1471 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 27, 2020 5:01 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:53 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:29 pm
worcej: TOWN claimed Vig.
food: TOWN claimed Vig.
kgray: Very likely town.
Tom: I think town, but lackluster performance.
bozo: very strange that he did not update his read of me after D1. Maybe just stubborn town, maybe sneaky scum.
Neph: probably useless town.
summit: strange he is voting for me now.
Vecna: probably scum, especially if judicator indicates there was no interference with Vigs.
damo: probably scum.
Chaqa: almost certainly scum.

My guess: Chaqa-damo-Vecna, but I'm sure there's some undercover scum I'm missing somewhere.
xorxes suspected Vecna for his town read of damo, and because of the probability he was the Tough Guy if worcej was the real Vig.
Excellent idea to remember the warnings of dead town.

bozotheclown

#1472 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 27, 2020 5:02 pm

summit_fever wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:53 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:34 pm
who do you townread summit?
Confident townreads are Kgray/Foodcoats/Bozo/Xorxes/worcej (unless a third claim comes).

I'm not townreading Chaqa anymore. I really don't understand the inability to take a joke from xorxes, I think he very well may have slipped day 1 in not seeing that joke.
Chaqa:
So you admit you’re bussing him?
It doesn't seem sincere?

Vecna was apparently shot at as well and I know I'm not strongman. Of course a strongman isn't necessary to having both shots fail and he's looking similar to the Vecna of M55 so I've got a townlean.

Chaqa + two of damo/nephthys/tom is my scumteam.
summit_fever wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:30 pm
Going to take a stab at analysing end of day 1 from a more simplistic viewpoint.

2:14 to go: Chaqa gets his vote in on xorxes making it 4-2 and a couple of other stragglers

1:51 to go: rdr votes tom; he doesn't seem to know where to go, really.

No voting activity till 7 minutes to go (scum is satisfied with how things are going?) when rdr moves to damo and I move to damo. Rdr thinks it's way too quiet.

The last two votes are xor and dam voting each other.

I think it's dangerous to try to read too much into a close vote where one the players didn't end up participating. For example: I didn't expect to see a tie vote. I know of emc's historical unreliability but given what I saw in M55 I assumed emc was going to vote.

Assuming Chaqa and Neph are scum: He mentioned that emc was giving him no response on discord either. Chaqa has reason to believe that emc may very well fail to vote. Given this it makes more sense for Neph to stay on worcej and not draw attention to himself.
summit was narrowing in on Chaqa, Nephthys, and damo D2, it may very well be why he was NKed N2.

bozotheclown

#1473 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 27, 2020 5:07 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:57 pm
Reads:
Town: food, kgray

Weak Town: Xorxes, Chaqa,

Null: Bozo, Damo, Worcej, emc, Nepthys, Summit

Scum: Tom

Too many nulls, game was too quiet.
rdrivera voted for damo, so he may have been NKed just for that, but he suspected Tom. rdrivera was probably the only one significantly suspecting Tom D1, and summit may have been the only one suspecting Tom D2.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1474 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 27, 2020 5:14 pm

I could see Tom as scum, but who would be his teammate?

VCA is difficult due to the Day 1 having two "missing" votes. But at this point I know both scum couldn't be on xorx since I am town. Bozo, if you are town, you would know the same, and if we're both town, what does that mean?

Were scum really trying to bus damo Day 1? or were they not there at all?

bozotheclown

#1475 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:18 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:08 am
Nephthys wrote:
Oh snap

Nephthys wrote:
When you made these posts, did you realize it was 10 minutes before EOD? Did you check the vote count at that time?
Yes, no

I woke up at 8:45, wondered why I knew I needed to do something, realised this was a thing and I also had class at 9, posted and then got up for class, checked back when I started to catch up
Here is where Nephthys said he did not check the vote count when he checked in 10 minutes before EOD D1, but that he knew it was 10 minutes before EOD. I find this very hard to believe, because if he really forgot about the game and had not check it it for 24 hours, the first thing you would expect him to do when checking back in is to check the vote count to see if he was at risk of getting lynched.

Here are his EOD posts:
Nephthys wrote:
Oh snap

Nephthys wrote:
He said he would catch up in a few hours, with no apparent concern that he might be eliminated by getting lynched, despite claiming he never checked the vote count.

Vecna

#1476 Post by Vecna » Wed May 27, 2020 5:19 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:07 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:57 pm
Reads:
Town: food, kgray

Weak Town: Xorxes, Chaqa,

Null: Bozo, Damo, Worcej, emc, Nepthys, Summit

Scum: Tom

Too many nulls, game was too quiet.
rdrivera voted for damo, so he may have been NKed just for that, but he suspected Tom. rdrivera was probably the only one significantly suspecting Tom D1, and summit may have been the only one suspecting Tom D2.
I was also suspecting tom D2. Not that it matters much now.

bozotheclown

#1477 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 27, 2020 5:20 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:26 pm
Just iso'd Neph, and it's not looking good.

D1 Neph gave us very little in terms of content, except this post:
Nephthys wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:50 pm
Yea so I'm happy to ruthlessly butcher damo/xorx

Maybe Chaqa for lols
Then Neph had the chance to break the tie between those two and decided not to vote at all, and later said "D1 getting a lynch is important." This is especially grating coming from someone who didn't even vote between either of the only two people he earlier said he'd be happy lynching. Summit already called him out for this, and Neph responds by shading Summit for going after low-hanging fruit. That just seems really disingenuous, and like Neph's deflecting.

Last game Neph was town and trolled a lot and I didn't really understand what he was doing, but every once in a while he made a really good point that I hadn't considered. In this game, the only original thought Neph really seems to have contributed is a scumread on Tom:
Nephthys wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:42 am
- Tom - Doesn't seem invested particularly, piggy-backing of other peoples pushes
Not only do I strongly disagree with that analysis, but Neph doesn't even seem to believe it, as when Tom questioned it Neph deflected by saying Tom was "defensive" and said that no one is ever going to back up his scumread of Tom anyway. So he's not pushing it, and not trying to convince anyone that he's right. If Neph is town, he should 100% be pushing his read, because Tom is almost universally townread and could be very well-hidden scum.

Overall I think Neph is a prime scum candidate based on: the frequency that scum tend to lurk; his deflections when people question him; his lack of original, towny, puzzle-solving thought; and his refusal to vote for a wagon D1 even though he'd previously stated his willingness to vote for both those wagons.
Here is kgray's D2 case on Nephthys.

bozotheclown

#1478 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 27, 2020 5:26 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:14 pm
I could see Tom as scum, but who would be his teammate?

VCA is difficult due to the Day 1 having two "missing" votes. But at this point I know both scum couldn't be on xorx since I am town. Bozo, if you are town, you would know the same, and if we're both town, what does that mean?

Were scum really trying to bus damo Day 1? or were they not there at all?
The most obvious explanation to me is that you are damo's partner and changed your vote from damo to xorxes to prevent damo from being lynched. The second most likely possibility is that Nephthys and emc were damo's partners, the third possibility is that the scum were willing to bus the JOAT for town credit later.

bozotheclown

#1479 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 27, 2020 5:30 pm

Basically, the only thing Nephthys did to look like he was town was to get subbed out, so that it looked like he was unavailable or disinterested. However, his D1 EOD posts look more like scum trying to explain his lack of participation than town.

Vecna

#1480 Post by Vecna » Wed May 27, 2020 5:30 pm

The one thing I will say is that starting the last day, Chaqa and Tom started attacking eachother in a weird way that felt a bit sketchy to me. Almost as if they were trying to distance from eachother.