M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#441 Post by worcej » Wed May 20, 2020 11:37 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:35 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:30 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:21 pm

I explained in a previous post, but here it is again:

CASE 1: damo is town

If this is the case, scum would have been happy to lynch either one of me and damo, and so the only scumteam that could not do that is (Tom, worcej, emc/Vecna) because everyone else was here at EOD and could have moved to mislynch one of us.

CASE 2: damo is scum

In this case, scum could have lynched me unless the two scum were already voting for me when damo voted. Or one of them was Tom or emc/Vecna who apparently were not here. That means in this case scumteam is damo plus two of (Tom, emc/Vecna, bozo, worcej, food, Chaqa).

Excluding my towreads Tom/Vecna/bozo, and giving worcej the benefit of the doubt about his claim, that leaves (damo, food, Chaqa).

If you are town, worcej would be my top candidate to replace you at this point, because his claim was a bit fishy.
Just to remind you, I enjoyed keeping you in the last mini game until the end because you are not as good at this game as you think you are. You always scum me and doubt me. Have you not forgotten how obvious my town game is?
Your town game has never been obvious to me, I don't think.

And yes, it is always possible that scum are being tricky, I said that at the start of this analysis. But if everything is as it seems, that's my most likely team at the moment.
I don't really care about the fact you scum me incorrectly, it's more that you're going to perpetually doubt anything I do and assume the scum-side when you give free passes to others and proceed to town them.

xorxes

#442 Post by xorxes » Wed May 20, 2020 11:40 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:33 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:32 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:28 pm
So then do you think we need to lynch Vecna now? Or would it be better to wait for the other Vig to attempt a shot and claim?
No, I don't think emc was/is the Tough Guy, I was townreading him. But you wanted to kill him, so it's weird that you are not even considering that as a possibility.
I am not saying it's impossible, it's just rather low odds. We can figure this out quickly at any point if the other Vig actually attempts a shot and if they fail or not.
We won't really figure anything for certain because of all the ways that a shot can fail.

If only one other person claims Vig, then you (and them) are pretty much both clear, no matter who the miller is. If there's two more Vig claims, we will have to decide who is more credible. You get the early claim advantage for sure.

xorxes

#443 Post by xorxes » Wed May 20, 2020 11:43 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:37 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:35 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:30 pm
Just to remind you, I enjoyed keeping you in the last mini game until the end because you are not as good at this game as you think you are. You always scum me and doubt me. Have you not forgotten how obvious my town game is?
Your town game has never been obvious to me, I don't think.

And yes, it is always possible that scum are being tricky, I said that at the start of this analysis. But if everything is as it seems, that's my most likely team at the moment.
I don't really care about the fact you scum me incorrectly, it's more that you're going to perpetually doubt anything I do and assume the scum-side when you give free passes to others and proceed to town them.
Why do you say that? I have explicitly said I am giving you the benefit of the doubt because of your claim.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#444 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 20, 2020 11:47 pm

I think for sake of knowledge we have a imperative to resolve one of the Day 1 wagons in one way or another.

xorxes

#445 Post by xorxes » Wed May 20, 2020 11:47 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:36 pm
I suppose that’s logically consistent if you’re town, but I do think scum!xorx (either with scum!damo or town!damo) makes more sense
You never responded why you did not secure a damo lynch and let the tie happen when you said you were fine with both wagons.

summit_fever

#446 Post by summit_fever » Wed May 20, 2020 11:49 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:06 pm
Here is everything summit said about damo and xorxes D1:
summit_fever wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 pm
Hi Everybody!

Good town vibes off of kgray, chaqa and rdr.

Xorxes buddying Chaqa seems possible. Also may have tried buddying me.

Would like to see Bozo post some of his own thoughts.

Damo I just...I can see why you get scumread every game.
summit_fever wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:37 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:15 am

summit, do you believe that xorxes is scum? You seem to think that xorxes was trying to buddy two players. What do you think of the rest of xorxes' iso?

Do you believe that bozo is scum? Do you believe that rdr, who you townread, is on the right path with his current investigation of bozo?
Xorxes' iso doesn't read too well. It is defensive and I agree with you that that is unexpected. I can't say I'm convinced he's scum, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Bozo is hunting. Definitely leaning town.

I think Rdrivera is barking up the wrong tree there. He seems to have a dislike of posting quotes from old games which I can understand completely. Not sure I agree with him on targetting town!Xorxes being a good strategy for scum. I've gone more neutral on rdrivera at this point.
summit_fever wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:52 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:02 pm
Thank you, summit.

What are your reads on the other players? Is there anyone who strikes you as particular scummy or townie so far? Who will you vote for?
town reads:

kgray/chaqa/food/bozo/Tom

neutral:

rdrivera/xorxes/emc/nephthys

scummy:

worcej/damo
Today, summit said:
summit_fever wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:24 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:18 pm
Damo looks suspicious as shit simply because a town player should never intentionally tie the vote - your flip still has meaning on D1.

Rdr was a  :?  but flip now makes him obviously look fine now.

summit I am questioning - why damo in the last 10 minutes? I don't see any mention of you scumming him in any way.

##vote summit
Are you seriously suggesting I haven't scummed damo?
summit, I most definitely do not think you scumread damo in any substantive way. In fact, the comments you made about how you would not be surprised to learn xorxes was scum, and the fact that you specifically lent credence to the notion that xorxes might be buddying, compared to the fact that you made zero positive statements of your own about damo, makes me think it is very strange that you would tie the vote to save xorxes and allow xorxes to push to lynch damo...

Again, since you had nothing concrete to say about damo but would not be surprised if xorxes was scum, and thought xorxes was buddying. So you had two concrete statements about scum!xorxes and zero concrete statements about scum!damo.

Can you explain your full rationale for why you thought damo was scum yesterday?

##VOTE summit
The posts I didn't like of Damo:
I am policy voting the lowest poster until everyone has fulfilled their quota and will use reverse alphabetical to break ties

##vote Xorxes
Stupid fucking comment. I clearly am saying I can't be bothered reading and am leaving it up to others to decide on the importance.

ffs
To hell with policy voting

##vote bozo
I think food's analysis of Xorxes is genuine and I therefore townread food.

I think Tom's critique of food's analysis sounds as if it is townbased so I am also townreading Tom.

As for Xorxes's actual alignment I'm gonna sit on the fence for the time being.

I still think Bozo is the best lynch today.

All others have gone a bit quiet.

Hello?
You had Xorxes in your sights. Near the end of day 1 you were coming after me. Not surprised to see you ignore everything else that has happened and write this up.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#447 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 20, 2020 11:49 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:47 pm
Chaqa wrote:
I suppose that’s logically consistent if you’re town, but I do think scum!xorx (either with scum!damo or town!damo) makes more sense
You never responded why you did not secure a damo lynch and let the tie happen when you said you were fine with both wagons.
I did.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#448 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:49 pm
xorxes wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
I did.
tl;dr We had one of our systems go down around 4:45 and I got pulled into it and was a bit sporadic at EoD.

xorxes

#449 Post by xorxes » Wed May 20, 2020 11:53 pm

Chaqa wrote:
xorxes wrote:
I did.
Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:32 pm

As I said, something blew up at work and I was working on it for most of the last hour or so. I had time for one or two posts but wasn't exactly following
So you did, my bad.

foodcoats

#450 Post by foodcoats » Wed May 20, 2020 11:54 pm

summit_fever wrote:
I am policy voting the lowest poster until everyone has fulfilled their quota and will use reverse alphabetical to break ties

##vote Xorxes
Stupid fucking comment. I clearly am saying I can't be bothered reading and am leaving it up to others to decide on the importance.

ffs

##vote bozo

I think Tom's critique of food's analysis sounds as if it is townbased so I am also townreading Tom.

Hello?
You had Xorxes in your sights. Near the end of day 1 you were coming after me. Not surprised to see you ignore everything else that has happened and write this up.
The most interesting thing that happened was your flash onto damo. That is why I am focused. Scum thrive on chaos.

Can you summarize in your own words how the above posts from damo represent scummy play or a scummy agenda?

summit_fever

#451 Post by summit_fever » Wed May 20, 2020 11:54 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:54 pm
summit_fever wrote:

##vote Xorxes

ffs

##vote bozo

Hello?
The most interesting thing that happened was your flash onto damo. That is why I am focused. Scum thrive on chaos.

Can you summarize in your own words how the above posts from damo represent scummy play or a scummy agenda?
rdrivera's flash onto damo and then flipping town is not interesting in the least?

xorxes

#452 Post by xorxes » Wed May 20, 2020 11:55 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:56 pm
When damo votes xorxes (assuming he's here), we'll be at 5-5...

EMC isn't likely to come back.

Neph is catching up.

This is weird
You were well aware of the possibility of a tie, however.

summit_fever

#453 Post by summit_fever » Wed May 20, 2020 11:55 pm

summit_fever wrote:

rdrivera's flash onto damo and then flipping town is not interesting in the least?
worcej claiming vig with a shot on emc isn't more interesting than me voting damo after rdrivera?

summit_fever

#454 Post by summit_fever » Wed May 20, 2020 11:56 pm

summit_fever wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:55 pm
summit_fever wrote:

worcej claiming vig with a shot on emc isn't more interesting than me voting damo after rdrivera?
how about neph claiming he'd like to lynch damo or xorxes and failing to do either?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#455 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 20, 2020 11:57 pm

why don't you answer the question rather than deflect sumiit?

summit_fever

#456 Post by summit_fever » Wed May 20, 2020 11:58 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:57 pm
why don't you answer the question rather than deflect sumiit?
I gave the posts that I didn't like of damo.

damo666

#457 Post by damo666 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:58 pm

Obviously I vote to save myself. Worcej's comment is laughable.

Xorxes's vote on me is NAI just as mine on him is.

I slightly disagree with Xorxes' analysis that if we are both town scum could easily have untied it to get a kill, despite the fact there was very limited time any scum switching late would look very dodgy following a townflip so I think if we are both town the scum team has wider possibilities than Xorxes thinks.

If Xorxes is scum I am pretty sure summit must be his teammate.

Neph not moving his vote is very odd. It only makes sense if it were SvS and I can assure that was not the case.

It's late for me here in UK so will do some more thinking of possible scumteams that fit yesterday's vote but basically it must be Xorxes, summit and Tom or kgray OR
1 or 2 from food/bozo/worcej/chaqa with 2 or 1 from kgray/tom/summit
OR 1 + 1 + Neph with the latter trying some sort of 'can't be scum otherwise I'd have voted kind' of thing

Gun to head my current guess would be bozo, worcej and summit

foodcoats

#458 Post by foodcoats » Thu May 21, 2020 12:00 am

summit_fever wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:56 pm
summit_fever wrote:
summit_fever wrote:

how about neph claiming he'd like to lynch damo or xorxes and failing to do either?
summit_fever wrote:
summit_fever wrote:
summit_fever wrote:

None of these things are as interesting to me as you explaining why those four posts led you to believe damo was scummy, but never felt the need to quote them yesterday or explain to other townies how and why damo was scum, but were important enough for you to decide, with only a few minutes remaining in the day, that damo should be lynched over xorxes, despite you documenting two scumreads against xorxes.

I'm listening.

summit_fever

#459 Post by summit_fever » Thu May 21, 2020 12:01 am

foodcoats wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:00 am
summit_fever wrote:
summit_fever wrote:

summit_fever wrote:
summit_fever wrote:

None of these things are as interesting to me as you explaining why those four posts led you to believe damo was scummy, but never felt the need to quote them yesterday or explain to other townies how and why damo was scum, but were important enough for you to decide, with only a few minutes remaining in the day, that damo should be lynched over xorxes, despite you documenting two scumreads against xorxes.

I'm listening.
lol. I saw rivera move. I moved. ask chaqa about my end of vote rationality. I moved off demon after scumming him as cop in the last game.

Nephthys

#460 Post by Nephthys » Thu May 21, 2020 12:04 am

worcej wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:19 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:16 am
I have an internal pH of 9.2 and an external of 1.1
Underrated comment right here lol
I enjoyed it, my flatmates gave me some weird looks though