M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#281 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:44 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:07 pm
I think bozo is very likely town. His observation about rdrivera voting but not necessarily wanting to be attached to the wagon, as well as question kgray about potentially hearing info about me in scumchat both seem like genuine town hunting. I don’t think scum bozo would latch on to the idea that kgray May have spilled something she learned in her scum chat
What you meant with "observation about rdrivera voting but not necessarily wanting to be attached to the wagon"? I don't think he said this and I voted who I scumread most and I am the only one really pushing Bozo wagon.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#282 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 20, 2020 5:47 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:44 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I think bozo is very likely town. His observation about rdrivera voting but not necessarily wanting to be attached to the wagon, as well as question kgray about potentially hearing info about me in scumchat both seem like genuine town hunting. I don’t think scum bozo would latch on to the idea that kgray May have spilled something she learned in her scum chat
What you meant with "observation about rdrivera voting but not necessarily wanting to be attached to the wagon"? I don't think he said this and I voted who I scumread most and I am the only one really pushing Bozo wagon.
bozo made an observation that you only voted him after his wagon was started. Even though prior to that you indicated you were suspicious of him. Its like you were hesitant to start a wagon on him

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#283 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:48 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:42 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:57 am

I gave 2 specific reasons for voting for xorxes, the first was the points foodcoats made, which you do not seem to have a problem with. As for the second reason, did you see my follow up posts? xorxes did not just misremember something about kgray's alignment, he cited how kgray played as scum in a past game as a reason to town read her this game, which seems more like a fabrication.

When you voted for me you did not give any specific reasons why you did not like my vote for xorxes. Can you explain what you think is scum lindicative about the 3 reasons you did give:
1. seem as "town who doesn't fear to push Xorxes"
2. the quotes
3. overall behavior

1- I said it already, your push on Xorxes looks like something scum will do to seems hunting. The reasoning seems forced to me (sorry you don't like this word). And you said "foodcoats has some good points", but didn't said which points. This kind of vague agreement also enters in a zone that I find scummy.
2- It's filler and make the thread harder to read.
3- I don't like the pushes you are doing. On Xorxes. On me (you questioned two townreads on me, without reasoning). You are questioning Kgray about Tom when I think you two where in a game where we discussed that Tom trick (and seems you didn't learn anything after least game D1). So, I wonder if it's more likely town Bozo wil play this way or scum Bozo and I find more likely scum Bozo.
As for questioning 2 town read of you "without reasoning", why do I need to provide a reason to ask them a question about you?
summit_fever wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 pm
Hi Everybody!

Good town vibes off of kgray, chaqa and rdr.

Xorxes buddying Chaqa seems possible. Also may have tried buddying me.

Would like to see Bozo post some of his own thoughts.

Damo I just...I can see why you get scumread every game.
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:38 am
I'll be surprised if there is not at least one scum in food/Xorxes/bozo

Tom and rdr seem pretty towny

Unimpressed with summit's entry.
summit indicated that out of 11 other players, you are one of 3 he thought most likely to be town, and damo indicated you were one of 2 he thought most likely to be town. I wanted to know the reasons they felt this way, since I consider you one of the top possibilities for scum.
My point is exactly this. You are slowly tryng to shadow me and not openly making a case on me. If I am one of the top scum possibilities build a case on me or vote me. Say why you think I am scum. Try to get reactions from me. Not slowly try to undermine who townread me. This looks like scum agenda to get a myslynch to me.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#284 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:53 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:47 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
bozo made an observation that you only voted him after his wagon was started. Even though prior to that you indicated you were suspicious of him. Its like you were hesitant to start a wagon on him
Are you really paying attention or just parroting Bozo? I first just asked for him to explain the quotes, I don't said he is a top scumread or something like that. Then he started posting and I didn't like what he posted and find it scummy enough to deserve a vote.

But anyway "being afraid of starting a wagon" is far different from "voting and not wanting to be attached", which point me from you being either lazy or scum. Probably scum.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#285 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 20, 2020 5:56 pm

chill rivera,

I'm not even voting you and you are OMGUSing me.

Like foodcoats situation I townread bozo because I think his rational in observing that and questioning you, is indicative of town. Just like I don't really care where kgray heard about me, I find it town indicative that bozo thought of the possibility that kgray had heard about it in the scum chat - a thought that did not even cross my mind.

Bozo's comments towards you solidified my read on him - not on you.

worcej

#286 Post by worcej » Wed May 20, 2020 6:01 pm

summit_fever wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:16 pm
Worcej's troll reads, for posterity.

EMC:NAI
Neph: TOWN
Chaqa: SCUM --> TOWN
Tom: TOWN
Damo: NAI --> SCUM
Rdr: NAI
Kgray: SCUM
Food: NAI
Xorxes: NAI
Summit: SCUM
Bozo: SCUM

Votes Xorxes using similar logic to Xorxes' vote on Nephthys, though granted footcoats looks townish whereas with Chaqa it was very early. His vote involves a lot of hedging as well. Perhaps this is where scumchat starts to see a day 1 mislynching of Xorxes as a real possibility.

##vote worcej
First of all, they were not troll reads. They were legit first impressions based on first posts.

Second, my logic is not the same as xorxes at all and characterizing my vote like that is a smear campaign. There are numerous people interacting with the case on xorxes. Given, he is typically a strong town player, but seeing his flip on D1 with this many people interacting with him gives substantial information.

You know what wouldn't teach us anything? Flipping someone like Neph or yourself, who are lurking incredibly hard.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#287 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 20, 2020 6:02 pm

##vote damo

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#288 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 20, 2020 6:02 pm

information reads a bleh - it encourages lurking. Lynch who you think is scum

bozotheclown

#289 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 20, 2020 6:04 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:48 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:42 am

1- I said it already, your push on Xorxes looks like something scum will do to seems hunting. The reasoning seems forced to me (sorry you don't like this word). And you said "foodcoats has some good points", but didn't said which points. This kind of vague agreement also enters in a zone that I find scummy.
2- It's filler and make the thread harder to read.
3- I don't like the pushes you are doing. On Xorxes. On me (you questioned two townreads on me, without reasoning). You are questioning Kgray about Tom when I think you two where in a game where we discussed that Tom trick (and seems you didn't learn anything after least game D1). So, I wonder if it's more likely town Bozo wil play this way or scum Bozo and I find more likely scum Bozo.
As for questioning 2 town read of you "without reasoning", why do I need to provide a reason to ask them a question about you?
summit_fever wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 pm
Hi Everybody!

Good town vibes off of kgray, chaqa and rdr.

Xorxes buddying Chaqa seems possible. Also may have tried buddying me.

Would like to see Bozo post some of his own thoughts.

Damo I just...I can see why you get scumread every game.
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:38 am
I'll be surprised if there is not at least one scum in food/Xorxes/bozo

Tom and rdr seem pretty towny

Unimpressed with summit's entry.
summit indicated that out of 11 other players, you are one of 3 he thought most likely to be town, and damo indicated you were one of 2 he thought most likely to be town. I wanted to know the reasons they felt this way, since I consider you one of the top possibilities for scum.
My point is exactly this. You are slowly tryng to shadow me and not openly making a case on me. If I am one of the top scum possibilities build a case on me or vote me. Say why you think I am scum. Try to get reactions from me. Not slowly try to undermine who townread me. This looks like scum agenda to get a myslynch to me.
I am not trying to undermine them, just get more information about their reads than "good town vibes" and "seem pretty towny". Maybe they would convince me that you are town.

I explained my reason for suspecting you:
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:07 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:25 pm
I also dislike Bozo posting quotes without comments. I understand he probably want to make clear the old game references but without comment it just look like filler.
Start a pool of you need to post something and don't know what, Bozo.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:41 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:12 pm
I think xorxes may be scum here. foodcoats has some good points and xorxes not bothering to get the facts correct about kgray's past games is somewhat suspicious.

##VOTE xorxes
And I think Bozo is scum. Not only this vote on Xorxes that to me look more like to be seem as "town who doesn't fear to push Xorxes" but also the quotes and the overall behavior.

##vote Bozo

In the first post, rdrivera implies he thinks I am scum posting "filler", but did not vote for me. In the second post he find another reason to scum read me and is willing to vote for me, after I already had a vote. I think there is a good chance rdrivera is scum.
I do not like how you tried to make me look suspicious by saying I was posting "filler" because I did not know what to post, then after damo voted for me for apparently agreeing with you, you then voted for me, but added some reasons, including my "overall behavior", another term too vague to dispute.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#290 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:13 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:56 pm
chill rivera,

Like foodcoats situation I townread bozo because I think his rational in observing that and questioning you, is indicative of town. Just like I don't really care where kgray heard about me, I find it town indicative that bozo thought of the possibility that kgray had heard about it in the scum chat - a thought that did not even cross my mind.

My take on this is different. Last game we lynched town Tracker D1 because he referenced the role "Secretary" he saw on and old game because many people believed it was a slip of a day chat. And I find weird Bozo tryng to push the same thing here.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#291 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:02 pm
information reads a bleh - it encourages lurking. Lynch who you think is scum
Now I agree with you.

bozotheclown

#292 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 20, 2020 6:16 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:53 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

Are you really paying attention or just parroting Bozo? I first just asked for him to explain the quotes, I don't said he is a top scumread or something like that. Then he started posting and I didn't like what he posted and find it scummy enough to deserve a vote.

But anyway "being afraid of starting a wagon" is far different from "voting and not wanting to be attached", which point me from you being either lazy or scum. Probably scum.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
I also dislike Bozo posting quotes without comments. I understand he probably want to make clear the old game references but without comment it just look like filler.
I would not characterize this post as "just asked for him to explain the quotes", you indirectly attempted to cast suspicion on me in 3 ways:
1. saying my posts looked like "filler"
2. implying I did not know what to post
3. equating my posts with starting a "pool", which I take as a reference to trying to conduct a survey, which someone always want to scum read me for when I attempt it

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#293 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:17 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:04 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:48 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

I am not trying to undermine them, just get more information about their reads than "good town vibes" and "seem pretty towny". Maybe they would convince me that you are town.

I explained my reason for suspecting you:
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:07 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:41 pm

And I think Bozo is scum. Not only this vote on Xorxes that to me look more like to be seem as "town who doesn't fear to push Xorxes" but also the quotes and the overall behavior.

##vote Bozo

In the first post, rdrivera implies he thinks I am scum posting "filler", but did not vote for me. In the second post he find another reason to scum read me and is willing to vote for me, after I already had a vote. I think there is a good chance rdrivera is scum.
I do not like how you tried to make me look suspicious by saying I was posting "filler" because I did not know what to post, then after damo voted for me for apparently agreeing with you, you then voted for me, but added some reasons, including my "overall behavior", another term too vague to dispute.
My first post with the pool thing was meant to be a half joke, I was really expecting you to explain the quotes and compare the games. Probably my tone was wrong, I have problems when I try to be funny.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#294 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:21 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:16 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:

rdrivera2005 wrote:
I would not characterize this post as "just asked for him to explain the quotes", you indirectly attempted to cast suspicion on me in 3 ways:
3. equating my posts with starting a "pool", which I take as a reference to trying to conduct a survey, which someone always want to scum read me for when I attempt it
Like I said the pool thing was the joke part as it's true that people always scumread you for doing this.
But I still fail to see how you think that's a post tryng to cast suspicion, it was not. I even said I understand why you want to show the references but think without comment it doesn't work.

bozotheclown

#295 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 20, 2020 6:23 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:13 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:56 pm
chill rivera,

My take on this is different. Last game we lynched town Tracker D1 because he referenced the role "Secretary" he saw on and old game because many people believed it was a slip of a day chat. And I find weird Bozo tryng to push the same thing here.
I do not think that is accurate, I believe most players suspected the slip was that Donny knew there was a Secretary, not that he revealed something he heard in day chat. In any case, we know there is day chat in this game. Also, I am not pushing it, I believe kgray's explanation that she heard about Tom in a Discord discussion.

bozotheclown

#296 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 20, 2020 6:26 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:21 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Like I said the pool thing was the joke part as it's true that people always scumread you for doing this.
But I still fail to see how you think that's a post tryng to cast suspicion, it was not. I even said I understand why you want to show the references but think without comment it doesn't work.
OK, if I take the third thing as a joke, the first 2 still refer to things that would generally be consider scum indicative.

summit_fever

#297 Post by summit_fever » Wed May 20, 2020 6:32 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:01 pm
summit_fever wrote:

Votes Xorxes using similar logic to Xorxes' vote on Nephthys, though granted footcoats looks townish whereas with Chaqa it was very early. His vote involves a lot of hedging as well. Perhaps this is where scumchat starts to see a day 1 mislynching of Xorxes as a real possibility.

##vote worcej
First of all, they were not troll reads. They were legit first impressions based on first posts.

Second, my logic is not the same as xorxes at all and characterizing my vote like that is a smear campaign. There are numerous people interacting with the case on xorxes. Given, he is typically a strong town player, but seeing his flip on D1 with this many people interacting with him gives substantial information.

You know what wouldn't teach us anything? Flipping someone like Neph or yourself, who are lurking incredibly hard.
Worcej:
Food, I'll reward your excellent reads from last game with this.

##vote xorxes

I stand by my opinion your case is too strong this early. However, the people who have showed up to defend xorxes specifically make it interesting to examine after we see his flip.
I'm willing to accept there are differences between your read and Xorxes', but ultimately your read is: "foodcoats made good reads last game therefore I'll vote xorxes, but I'm not really convinced".

If xorxes flips town where would you expect to find scum on the wagon? If xorxes flips scum where would scum be on the wagon?

xorxes

#298 Post by xorxes » Wed May 20, 2020 6:35 pm

Towny:

bozo - I don't thing he puts in all this effort as scum especially this early
rivera - starnge for me to townread him, but when he gets all huffy and puffy he is very likely town
emc - good observations that I associate with his town self
Tom - being sensible

Leftovers:

kgray - possibly town (she's playing nothing like she played as scum)
summit - possibly town. He was very suspicious of me most of last game, so his attitude this game fits with what I know of him.
Neph - nothing really

Heebie jeebies:

damo - him scumreading me this early is highly unusual, I don't recall it ever happening before even when I was scum, and certainly not when I'm town
Chaqa - he is not saying anything, and what he says I don't like
worcej - his vote for me, yikes, especially after what he said a couple of posts earlier

Scummy:

foocoats - his case on me is way too elaborate for the scant material he had to work with. I don't believe he actually misread the tone of my vote for Neph as badly as he portrays

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#299 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 20, 2020 6:37 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:26 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:21 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

OK, if I take the third thing as a joke, the first 2 still refer to things that would generally be consider scum indicative.
Yes, I think just posting quotes without explanation (and you didn't post other things before my post I think) is a bit scummy. Not enough to warrant a vote, more like to keep an eye on your next posts. I don't think this was tryng to cast suspicion, but I think we are derailing the thread at this point so I suggest we agree to disagree on this.

worcej

#300 Post by worcej » Wed May 20, 2020 6:40 pm

summit_fever wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:32 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:01 pm
summit_fever wrote:

##vote worcej

Worcej:
Food, I'll reward your excellent reads from last game with this.

##vote xorxes

I stand by my opinion your case is too strong this early. However, the people who have showed up to defend xorxes specifically make it interesting to examine after we see his flip.
I'm willing to accept there are differences between your read and Xorxes', but ultimately your read is: "foodcoats made good reads last game therefore I'll vote xorxes, but I'm not really convinced".

If xorxes flips town where would you expect to find scum on the wagon? If xorxes flips scum where would scum be on the wagon?
See the underlined last sentence to show you're not reading my post correctly. I literally said that the people defending him are worthy of looking at.

If Xorxes flips town - why did the people who defended him think he was town? Was it a good reason based on substance or a weak one like 'he is good town normally'? Likewise, the people who thought he was scum - why did they and what was the justification?

Similar questions are created if he flips scum, however then you can look further at who isn't interacting with him too.

I shouldn't need to explain this to you summit.