M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
e.m.c^42

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#201 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:02 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:56 am
kgray wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:38 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:11 pm
Odds I can get Chaqa to mute me on day 1?
Try posting the entirety of the script for Bee Movie.
Unpleasant joke phase. Scum.
In case it's not clear for people who did not play that game bozo quoted from, and did not check his quotes, all of this is obviously shitposting from worcej as he himself previously pasted the bee movie copypasta.

e.m.c^42

#202 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:07 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:59 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:26 am
I think that the argument that one of the damo voters may be scum is interesting. But I'm going to ##vote Neph because that was Chaqa's first vote, and Chaqa's first vote last game proved to be accurate. Also because of the end vote, and because there's not much more to go on at this point.
xorxes, if Nephthys were to be lynched and flip scum, what do you believe that would tell us about Chaqa's alignment?

If Neph flips town, what will that mean about Chaqa?

What do you take it to mean that Chaqa's vote on dargorygel in M55 stayed there for more than 24 hours, whereas here Chaqa has already voted twice more?
Imma quote Tom here and say, I'm not sure what to make of this.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#203 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue May 19, 2020 10:09 pm

emc - what do you make of xorx misremembering facts of previous games?

e.m.c^42

#204 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:09 pm

It seems to be in that fun zone of possibly a joke but at the same time, not really. Either genuine reasons presented insincerely or the opposite, and I'm not sure which one above was.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#205 Post by kgray » Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:33 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:12 pm
I think xorxes may be scum here. foodcoats has some good points and xorxes not bothering to get the facts correct about kgray's past games is somewhat suspicious.

##VOTE xorxes
Why is that suspicious? What scum motivation would xorxes have to get those facts wrong? I'd argue that scum would be more careful to be correct to avoid nonsensical heat like this
Well xorxes used a nonexistant game where I was scum to inform his read of me:
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:21 am
She seems to be in her town range. I think she was scum only once and if I remember correctly she would avoid having an opinion on things.
So he's basing a read off of something that never happened instead of what's happening in this game now. It's definitely a little suspicious.

e.m.c^42

#206 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:09 pm
emc - what do you make of xorx misremembering facts of previous games?
I think it's NAI. Again, Chaq's infectious, my man.

Now see, if it was bozo that misremembered facts of a previous game it would be a completely different thing. But for xorx it's in the normal range of things.

e.m.c^42

#207 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:13 pm

If anything, I'd put infinitesimally tiny town points for it, but that would be foolish lol

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#208 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:41 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
I think xorxes may be scum here. foodcoats has some good points and xorxes not bothering to get the facts correct about kgray's past games is somewhat suspicious.

##VOTE xorxes
And I think Bozo is scum. Not only this vote on Xorxes that to me look more like to be seem as "town who doesn't fear to push Xorxes" but also the quotes and the overall behavior.

##vote Bozo

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#209 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:43 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:52 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:01 pm
damo666 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:51 pm
I am policy voting the lowest poster until everyone has fulfilled their quota and will use reverse alphabetical to break ties

##vote Xorxes
I guess I will have to start posting then, don't want mighty Damo voting on me.
Lil' bit surprised rivera did not wait for another xorxes post to jump in for his first post haha, but since xorxes was mentioned in the post I guess it passes
Xorxes wasn't posting at all. Since you are around, when you intend to vote?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#210 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:44 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:48 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:44 pm
Kind of sad Tombomb came in with the crew and killed off the fun, thought he was playing along with the dargo mention but sadly it petered out lol
I've changed in my time away emc. All the silly short stories and fun has been replaced by a more mature man.

You could even say I've evolved into ThomasBombadil
Not sure if I like this Thomas guy. And not sure he is town.

Jamiet99uk

#211 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Vote Count 1.5

damo666(2) - worcej, Kgray
xorxes(2) - foodcoats, Bozotheclown
bozotheclown(2) - damo666, Rdrivera2005
worcej(1) - Nephthys*
e.m.c^42(1) - Chaqa
foodcoats(1) - xorxes
Summit_fever(1) - Tom Bombadil

Just under 22 hours remain in Day One

No-one is scheduled to be lynched.

Two players have yet to vote. Summit_fever has yet to meet the posting requirement.

worcej

#212 Post by worcej » Tue May 19, 2020 11:02 pm

summit_fever wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 pm
Hi Everybody!

Good town vibes off of kgray, chaqa and rdr.

Xorxes buddying Chaqa seems possible. Also may have tried buddying me.

Would like to see Bozo post some of his own thoughts.

Damo I just...I can see why you get scumread every game.
Noise to sound like summit is paying attention. Scum

worcej

#213 Post by worcej » Tue May 19, 2020 11:04 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:40 pm
Worce has been shitposty till now so I guess we shall see, although I believe he does it a little bit more as scum from the last game he was in
I always shitpost.

If you haven't noticed - I posted my read of a person based on their first post in the game. I stole the idea from Squigs.

worcej

#214 Post by worcej » Tue May 19, 2020 11:05 pm

bozotheclown wrote:

##VOTE xorxes
Finally he posted his own words. I feel the xorxes read is kinda forced though... Scum

foodcoats

#215 Post by foodcoats » Tue May 19, 2020 11:10 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:37 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:16 pm

I'm not inventing anything here. The below is your train of reasoning for voting Nephthys.

1. Chaqa's first vote last game was for dargorygel.
2. Last game, Chaqa was town, and dargorygel was scum.
3. This game, Chaqa's first vote was for Nephthys.
4. ?
5. Therefore, I, xorxes, will vote for Nephthys.

(4) is a question mark because you never expressly stated your leap in logic, but leap you did. It was precisely my point that you must presume Chaqa is town, or your original vote did not make sense for the reasons you gave, except for Neph's END vote being scummy.

You progressively elaborated on this idea by calling Chaqa a "litmus test," but what could that mean, in the context of sheeping Chaqa onto Neph, except that you believe Chaqa is town and has good scumdar? The only other explanation I have for the below is that you were justifying sheeping Chaqa. Are you saying that your proposal is we lynch Neph to evaluate the quality of Chaqa's scumdar?
You're way overanalyzing this. I voted for Neph because it felt good to do so with what I had so far at the time, and Chaqa having voted for him was an incentive because I did the same last game and it turned out to be a good hunch. You making such a huge deal of such triviality makes me confortable with my current vote.
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:59 am

That's not what a litmus test is, or at leats that's a very specialized meaning. It's a test for acidity or alkalinity using litmus. You are the litmus paper and I'm using you to test the scummicity or townicity of (in this case) Neph.
It seems to me that the below must be a contradiction. Interestingly, you have not claimed that your initial vote was a joke. Instead, you are insisting that your vote was motivated by other factors, and I am misunderstanding you. But which factors? If you do not think Chaqa is town, and further you do not think Chaqa has good scumdar, why did you sheep him onto Nephthys?
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:28 pm
You seem to think that I have a strong conviction that Neph is scum based on a strong conviction that Chaqa is town and a strong conviction that Chaqa has good reads when he is town. None of those things are even remotely close to the truth though.
My initial vote was not a complete joke, and Neph may very well be scum. I don't believe you're misunderstanding anything, I believe you understand perfectly well the extent of my seriousness and that you are just fabricating a lot of smoke.
I am sorry xorxes, but this explanation still does not make sense.

You are now claiming you seriously voted Neph for reasons you have nowhere explained.

This was your vote:
xorxes wrote:
I think that the argument that one of the damo voters may be scum is interesting. But I'm going to ##vote Neph because that was Chaqa's first vote, and Chaqa's first vote last game proved to be accurate. Also because of the end vote, and because there's not much more to go on at this point.
Do you understand why I am confused? You specifically ignored something you said was an interesting argument, because you were so interested in Chaqa's scumdar capabilities. But now you are claiming your vote was based on other reasons, which are nowhere described in your iso thus far - other than the end vote, which was presented as secondary to your belief in Chaqa.

Now you also are saying Neph may "very well" be scum. That sounds like hedging, when you also claim you were so confident before re:Neph for reasons other than Chaqa-scumdar, which you say now was only gravy.

So, xorxes, maybe I missed it. Why do you think Nephthys is scum?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#216 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue May 19, 2020 11:26 pm

"when you also claim you were so confident before re:Neph for reasons other than Chaqa-scumdar, which you say now was only gravy."

What picture are you trying to paint here food?

What about the post below lead you to believe xorxes was so confident in his vote? Because to me the statement that there is not much more to go on directly implies that he is not all that confident...

"I think that the argument that one of the damo voters may be scum is interesting. But I'm going to @@vote Neph because that was Chaqa's first vote, and Chaqa's first vote last game proved to be accurate. Also because of the end vote, and because there's not much more to go on at this point. "

bozotheclown

#217 Post by bozotheclown » Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 pm

summit_fever wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:32 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:24 pm
summit_fever wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 pm
Hi Everybody!

Good town vibes off of kgray, chaqa and rdr.

Xorxes buddying Chaqa seems possible. Also may have tried buddying me.

Would like to see Bozo post some of his own thoughts.

Damo I just...I can see why you get scumread every game.
What makes you say that about rdrivera?
Just an overall vibe. His post regarding your posts resonated with me as well.

You agree with Kgray ?
I do think kgray and Chaqa are more likely to be town than rdrivera.

bozotheclown

#218 Post by bozotheclown » Tue May 19, 2020 11:54 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:33 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

##VOTE xorxes
Why is that suspicious? What scum motivation would xorxes have to get those facts wrong? I'd argue that scum would be more careful to be correct to avoid nonsensical heat like this
xorxes says he puts more effort in as town.

bozotheclown

#219 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 20, 2020 12:07 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:25 pm
I also dislike Bozo posting quotes without comments. I understand he probably want to make clear the old game references but without comment it just look like filler.
Start a pool of you need to post something and don't know what, Bozo.
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:41 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

##VOTE xorxes
And I think Bozo is scum. Not only this vote on Xorxes that to me look more like to be seem as "town who doesn't fear to push Xorxes" but also the quotes and the overall behavior.

##vote Bozo

In the first post, rdrivera implies he thinks I am scum posting "filler", but did not vote for me. In the second post he find another reason to scum read me and is willing to vote for me, after I already had a vote. I think there is a good chance rdrivera is scum.

xorxes

#220 Post by xorxes » Wed May 20, 2020 12:11 am

foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:10 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:37 pm

My initial vote was not a complete joke, and Neph may very well be scum. I don't believe you're misunderstanding anything, I believe you understand perfectly well the extent of my seriousness and that you are just fabricating a lot of smoke.
I am sorry xorxes, but this explanation still does not make sense.

You are now claiming you seriously voted Neph for reasons you have nowhere explained.

This was your vote:
xorxes wrote:
Do you understand why I am confused? You specifically ignored something you said was an interesting argument, because you were so interested in Chaqa's scumdar capabilities. But now you are claiming your vote was based on other reasons, which are nowhere described in your iso thus far - other than the end vote, which was presented as secondary to your belief in Chaqa.

Now you also are saying Neph may "very well" be scum. That sounds like hedging, when you also claim you were so confident before re:Neph for reasons other than Chaqa-scumdar, which you say now was only gravy.

So, xorxes, maybe I missed it. Why do you think Nephthys is scum?
I voted for Neph after he had posted twice, I think. And yes, the fact that Chaqa voted for him and I remembered last game when I had a similar reaction to a vote by Chaqa on dargo and we happened to be right made me comment on that fact and gave me a bit of confidence that we might be right again. And no, I don't think any of that is in any way a strong argument to think someone is scum, but it's a perfectly normal reason for a first D1 vote. And I have no idea if Neph is scum or not, he may very well be. And the fact that you don't seem to understand any of that after so many explanations makes me think you are trying very hard to not understand.