M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#141 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 5:28 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:39 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:44 pm

I don't make anything out of him switching votes for now either. Probably more towny than scummy, but not by a large margin.
If town!Chaqa was steadier on his vote in M55, why would flip-flopping more mean town!Chaqa here?
Changing votes is more generally towny than scummy. Scum have more trouble finding who to vote for, so once they find a spot they are more likely to stay there (disclaimer: I have done no statistical analysis on this).
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 pm
I do think he would bus without batting an eyelid as scum, but I doubt it's as straightforward as that his first vote is always a bus.
I think you missed the point of my question. It seems that you must, in this circumstance, be presupposing that Chaqa is town. Especially as you have said above that Chaqa, as scum, may or may not bus. Therefore, there is no reason to believe Nephthys would be scum, unless you believe Chaqa is town, and that town!Chaqa has a good gut-check.

Why do you believe Chaqa is town?
I didn't believe he was town or scum at the time, I have a very slight townlean of Chaqa at the moment.

You seem to think that I have a strong conviction that Neph is scum based on a strong conviction that Chaqa is town and a strong conviction that Chaqa has good reads when he is town. None of those things are even remotely close to the truth though.

xorxes

#142 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 5:33 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:41 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:55 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:04 pm
And does anybody know summit fever? Have they played before?
I think last game was his first. He was cop and I was a semi-cop, and we scanned the same person two nights (scum DemonRHK, but I was jailed that night. We both scanned scum Bunny the same night and we were both deflected to scum Squigs. Then the night I scanned 3p rivera he scanned scum damo, who was lawyered. First night I don't know who he scanned because there was a lighning rod. I scanned town Neph that night. Then the night I was killed he scanned scum Bunny again.

In conclusion, he is new, but he played a very good game and got almost all his cop scans on scum (as did I, but that would not be news to you).
This reply is awkward and weird.

Coupled with xorxes' apparent assumption that Chaqa is town - an assumption that I do not believe town!xorxes would make - I believe xorxes is scum.

##VOTE xorxes
:lol: ##VOTE foodcoats then.

I don't know what you find awkward or weird there, it's basically the truth of what happened last game. As for my "apparent assumption that Chaqa is town - an assumption that I do not believe town!xorxes would make", you just manufactured that out of thin air. I do make plenty of assumptions as town, sometimes more successfully than others, so this "town!xorxes would never make" is something you just made up.

xorxes

#143 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 5:38 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:32 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:40 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:02 am

I have never been scum in forum mafia.

And fine, but I'm pretty sure you said you have a "soft spot" for him, and now you're saying you give him the benefit of the doubt. I think damo would notice that and therefore scum!damo wouldn't try to get you mislynched D1. The argument that he went in reverse alphabetical order specifically to target you when bozo (who is also very good as town) would be first if he went in normal alphabetical order just doesn't hold up, imo.
Right. We lynched you once but you ended up being some PR trying to make yourself look scummy, or something like that.
Uhh no. I was mislynched in lylo in M54 because you and Bunny (the non-PZ scum) ended mylo on two different town wagons and there was a tie. And I was NKed N1 in M1010, where I was a PR but wasn’t trying to be scummy. You just thought I was scummy because I made a joke. And last game I was the only town unfortunate enough to walk into Vecna’s trap on N2 but Rivera would have killed me anyway.
OK, now I remember. I thought you were scummy because you were playing different than in your first game (more jokey, yes), and the PR who got themselves lynched for playing scummy to survive the NK was either emc or Temasek.

xorxes

#144 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 5:41 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:50 pm
Now to determine whether xorx would be so flippant in misremembering a past game if he were scum. Hmm.
I remember last game pretty well, but the more we go back, the more they all start to blend together into a mush. You don't really believe misremembering details about past games is alignment indicative, do you?

xorxes

#145 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 5:43 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:00 pm
bozo - you realize that for someone who has not played the past few games this is hard for me to follow without some context.
It's hard to understand what he's on about for someone who has played in those games too.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#146 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue May 19, 2020 5:44 pm

Sure I do.

I think many scum tend to be more careful and thus less likely say incorrect facts based on memory. Some scumbos are too paranoid to get caught in a war of words over something so small.

I just haven’t decided if you in particular misremembering without checking is towny or not

xorxes

#147 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 5:44 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:03 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:23 pm
Initial thoughts (not full reads, but my take on things):

Bozo - posting a lot of quotes, presumably trying to match people's actions to past meta behavior. I would say townlean, but I wish he would draw some conclusions or explain why he has chosen specific quotes or what he's trying to demonstrate.

Damo - His reverse voting thing seems exactly like the kind of random thing scum!Damo would come up with to be able to pressure people for no good reason. But I also think there's a bit of scum theater going on between him and xorxes based on my interaction with xorx.

EMC - 3P even when there is no 3P lol. I should have a better read on him once he posts more, I can generally tell what he is. For now, I think he's more town-lean

Food - not a super strong impression yet, but nothing bad

kgray - Normal kgray to me so far

Neph - don't like his end vote whatsoever, but he did say he was purposefully trying to antagonize me (and others, maybe?).

Rivera - Not sure about his interaction with kgray, it's a bit odd. Other than that, nothing strikes me as off yet.

Summit - TBD

Tom - Not enough to go on yet

worcej - Seems like he's trying to be active, but yet 75%+ his posts are meme/sarcastic. Like he's doing a bad impression of brainbomb. Probably scum.

xorx - Either scum with damo or town.

Wild-ass Scumteam guess: damo/xorx/worcej
Your reads, if you actually paid attention to the setup, boil down to just scumming me.
I don't know what you mean by this. Can you clarify? Are you going for a townslip?

xorxes

#148 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 5:46 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:06 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:05 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:00 pm
bozo - you realize that for someone who has not played the past few games this is hard for me to follow without some context.
As someone who has played in the last 10 games or so, this is REALLY hard to follow without context.
He clearly had the same idea as me with this game...
"He" is bozo? What are you talking about? I think I must be missing something because I have no idea what worcej is talking about, and I usually follow what he says.

xorxes

#149 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:07 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:06 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:05 pm

As someone who has played in the last 10 games or so, this is REALLY hard to follow without context.
He clearly had the same idea as me with this game...
I'm absolutely lost.
Me too.

damo666

#150 Post by damo666 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:03 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am
##vote summit

The point of this 'policy' voting is that we have a 5 post requirement instead of two. I tend to struggle to know what to post day 1 with nothing to go on so this should guarantee me at least some posts.

FWIW I am not yet getting any feel for anyone's alignment.

Boro's quotes without commentary are annoying. Without a comment to explain I don't bother reading tbh. If it's important I'm sure it will be talked about.
Why would you assume it will be talked about if it’s important? Shouldn’t you decide for yourself what is important?
Stupid fucking comment. I clearly am saying I can't be bothered reading and am leaving it up to others to decide on the importance.

ffs

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#151 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue May 19, 2020 6:11 pm

Someone is angry because they’ve been pegged

bozotheclown

#152 Post by bozotheclown » Tue May 19, 2020 6:11 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:33 pm
foodcoats wrote:
xorxes wrote:

I think last game was his first. He was cop and I was a semi-cop, and we scanned the same person two nights (scum DemonRHK, but I was jailed that night. We both scanned scum Bunny the same night and we were both deflected to scum Squigs. Then the night I scanned 3p rivera he scanned scum damo, who was lawyered. First night I don't know who he scanned because there was a lighning rod. I scanned town Neph that night. Then the night I was killed he scanned scum Bunny again.

In conclusion, he is new, but he played a very good game and got almost all his cop scans on scum (as did I, but that would not be news to you).

Coupled with xorxes' apparent assumption that Chaqa is town - an assumption that I do not believe town!xorxes would make - I believe xorxes is scum.

##VOTE xorxes

I don't know what you find awkward or weird there, it's basically the truth of what happened last game. As for my "apparent assumption that Chaqa is town - an assumption that I do not believe town!xorxes would make", you just manufactured that out of thin air. I do make plenty of assumptions as town, sometimes more successfully than others, so this "town!xorxes would never make" is something you just made up.
foodcoats wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:52 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:40 pm
TOWN
Drcjcj
worcej
foodcoats
jamiet99uk
bozo

scum
xorx
tdhfrance
neph
I really like your posts today brain, I am following and it sounds right. I would substitute Jamie for thd in your scum list though.

##VOTE xorxes

I think we should have a xorxes and a Jamie wagon, or a xorxes/Jamie wagon and a thd wagon. I still think that if thd was mafia thd would have said something at this point. They've visited the site in the last 24 hours though, and I certainly don't think a townie would think the best defense is silence.

But I feel better voting for xorxes than for jamie or for thd at the moment; I still think those counter-wagons would be revealing in terms of seeing who gets on what.
xorxes wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:32 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:23 pm

Are you referring to your explanation that Dr's attempt to build an information management and analysis strategy was scummy?
What? Why are you making stuff up? When did I say that was scummy?

I'm referring to the made up reason he came up to vote for me.
In retrospect I should have gotten behind that proposal. Scum have all the information and so in theory will try to stop the development of new information. You're doing EXACTLY THIS by trying to get us back on your weak narrative about DrCJG - who was, conversely, trying to find a way to build information.
The proposal was never going to fly, but I said I would support it if there was a consensus. Neither the proposal nor whatever reactions everyone had to it are in the least alignment indicative.

You seemed pretty genuine in your arguments until today. Now you are staring to feel off.

bozotheclown

#153 Post by bozotheclown » Tue May 19, 2020 6:13 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:03 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am
##vote summit

The point of this 'policy' voting is that we have a 5 post requirement instead of two. I tend to struggle to know what to post day 1 with nothing to go on so this should guarantee me at least some posts.

FWIW I am not yet getting any feel for anyone's alignment.

Boro's quotes without commentary are annoying. Without a comment to explain I don't bother reading tbh. If it's important I'm sure it will be talked about.
Why would you assume it will be talked about if it’s important? Shouldn’t you decide for yourself what is important?
Stupid fucking comment. I clearly am saying I can't be bothered reading and am leaving it up to others to decide on the importance.

ffs
damo666 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:48 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:47 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:43 pm
bo_sox saying he was moving his vote off of Foxcastle because it looked like Foxcastle was scum being bussed does not make much sense and makes a bo_sox/Foxcastle scum team look more likely.
How is this different from you voting for Fox because you thought bo could be bussing him?
It's the fucking polar opposite!!!!!

xorxes

#154 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 6:26 pm

@bozo, at least remind us of the alignment the person had in the game you're finding parallels with this one. For most of those I don't remember.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#155 Post by Chaqa » Tue May 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Until Bozo posts some explanation, I'm simply going to ignore him as he's just cluttering the thread with seemingly random quotes.

foodcoats

#156 Post by foodcoats » Tue May 19, 2020 7:16 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:33 pm
foodcoats wrote:
xorxes wrote:

##VOTE xorxes

I'm not inventing anything here. The below is your train of reasoning for voting Nephthys.

1. Chaqa's first vote last game was for dargorygel.
2. Last game, Chaqa was town, and dargorygel was scum.
3. This game, Chaqa's first vote was for Nephthys.
4. ?
5. Therefore, I, xorxes, will vote for Nephthys.

(4) is a question mark because you never expressly stated your leap in logic, but leap you did. It was precisely my point that you must presume Chaqa is town, or your original vote did not make sense for the reasons you gave, except for Neph's END vote being scummy.

You progressively elaborated on this idea by calling Chaqa a "litmus test," but what could that mean, in the context of sheeping Chaqa onto Neph, except that you believe Chaqa is town and has good scumdar? The only other explanation I have for the below is that you were justifying sheeping Chaqa. Are you saying that your proposal is we lynch Neph to evaluate the quality of Chaqa's scumdar?
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:59 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:54 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:51 am

Hmm indeed. Just because I use you as a litmus test doesn't mean I think you know what you're doing.
"A litmus test is a question asked of a potential candidate for high office, the answer to which would determine whether the nominating official would proceed with the appointment or nomination."

Definitely trying to buddy me. Why?
That's not what a litmus test is, or at leats that's a very specialized meaning. It's a test for acidity or alkalinity using litmus. You are the litmus paper and I'm using you to test the scummicity or townicity of (in this case) Neph.
It seems to me that the below must be a contradiction. Interestingly, you have not claimed that your initial vote was a joke. Instead, you are insisting that your vote was motivated by other factors, and I am misunderstanding you. But which factors? If you do not think Chaqa is town, and further you do not think Chaqa has good scumdar, why did you sheep him onto Nephthys?
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:28 pm
You seem to think that I have a strong conviction that Neph is scum based on a strong conviction that Chaqa is town and a strong conviction that Chaqa has good reads when he is town. None of those things are even remotely close to the truth though.

damo666

#157 Post by damo666 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:17 pm

To hell with policy voting

##vote bozo

damo666

#158 Post by damo666 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:23 pm

Or Xorxes

xorxes

#159 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 7:37 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:16 pm

I'm not inventing anything here. The below is your train of reasoning for voting Nephthys.

1. Chaqa's first vote last game was for dargorygel.
2. Last game, Chaqa was town, and dargorygel was scum.
3. This game, Chaqa's first vote was for Nephthys.
4. ?
5. Therefore, I, xorxes, will vote for Nephthys.

(4) is a question mark because you never expressly stated your leap in logic, but leap you did. It was precisely my point that you must presume Chaqa is town, or your original vote did not make sense for the reasons you gave, except for Neph's END vote being scummy.

You progressively elaborated on this idea by calling Chaqa a "litmus test," but what could that mean, in the context of sheeping Chaqa onto Neph, except that you believe Chaqa is town and has good scumdar? The only other explanation I have for the below is that you were justifying sheeping Chaqa. Are you saying that your proposal is we lynch Neph to evaluate the quality of Chaqa's scumdar?
You're way overanalyzing this. I voted for Neph because it felt good to do so with what I had so far at the time, and Chaqa having voted for him was an incentive because I did the same last game and it turned out to be a good hunch. You making such a huge deal of such triviality makes me confortable with my current vote.
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:59 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:54 am

"A litmus test is a question asked of a potential candidate for high office, the answer to which would determine whether the nominating official would proceed with the appointment or nomination."

Definitely trying to buddy me. Why?
That's not what a litmus test is, or at leats that's a very specialized meaning. It's a test for acidity or alkalinity using litmus. You are the litmus paper and I'm using you to test the scummicity or townicity of (in this case) Neph.
It seems to me that the below must be a contradiction. Interestingly, you have not claimed that your initial vote was a joke. Instead, you are insisting that your vote was motivated by other factors, and I am misunderstanding you. But which factors? If you do not think Chaqa is town, and further you do not think Chaqa has good scumdar, why did you sheep him onto Nephthys?
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:28 pm
My initial vote was not a complete joke, and Neph may very well be scum. I don't believe you're misunderstanding anything, I believe you understand perfectly well the extent of my seriousness and that you are just fabricating a lot of smoke.

xorxes

#160 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 7:38 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:23 pm
Or Xorxes
You think I'm scum?