M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#121 Post by kgray » Tue May 19, 2020 2:23 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am
##vote summit

The point of this 'policy' voting is that we have a 5 post requirement instead of two. I tend to struggle to know what to post day 1 with nothing to go on so this should guarantee me at least some posts.

FWIW I am not yet getting any feel for anyone's alignment.

Boro's quotes without commentary are annoying. Without a comment to explain I don't bother reading tbh. If it's important I'm sure it will be talked about.
Why would you assume it will be talked about if it’s important? Shouldn’t you decide for yourself what is important?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#122 Post by kgray » Tue May 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:52 am
@kgray - Who in this player list haven’t you played with before?
Just you!

Jamiet99uk

#123 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 19, 2020 2:26 pm

VOTE COUNT 1.3

Damo666(2) - Tom Bombadil, Worcej
Worcej(1) - Nephthys(END)
Nephthys(1) - Xorxes
EMC^42(1) - Chaqa
Summit_fever(1) - Damo666
Xorxes(1) - Foodcoats

Currently DAMO is set to be lynched.

Five players have yet to vote. Summit_fever, Bozotheclown and Neph have not yet met the minimum posting requirement.

30 hours and 33 minutes remain in Day One.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#124 Post by kgray » Tue May 19, 2020 2:32 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:40 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:02 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:21 am
OK, just caught up. In Tom vs kgray, kgray is the clear winner. She seems to be in her town range. I think she was scum only once and if I remember correctly she would avoid having an opinion on things.

Just one thing: I was not townreading damo last game, I was mostly ignoring him, which I tend to do in the early game because I give him the benefit of the doubt. I had him as my third choice for scum when I was killed, and that was completely Vecna's fault.

I don't think I have enough to make a read on him for now, but he did vote for me last game as scum, so I'm wary now.
I have never been scum in forum mafia.

And fine, but I'm pretty sure you said you have a "soft spot" for him, and now you're saying you give him the benefit of the doubt. I think damo would notice that and therefore scum!damo wouldn't try to get you mislynched D1. The argument that he went in reverse alphabetical order specifically to target you when bozo (who is also very good as town) would be first if he went in normal alphabetical order just doesn't hold up, imo.
Right. We lynched you once but you ended up being some PR trying to make yourself look scummy, or something like that.
Uhh no. I was mislynched in lylo in M54 because you and Bunny (the non-PZ scum) ended mylo on two different town wagons and there was a tie. And I was NKed N1 in M1010, where I was a PR but wasn’t trying to be scummy. You just thought I was scummy because I made a joke. And last game I was the only town unfortunate enough to walk into Vecna’s trap on N2 but Rivera would have killed me anyway.

worcej

#125 Post by worcej » Tue May 19, 2020 2:39 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:54 pm
Do you think there's anything to the xorx-damo connection?
Someone wasn't paying attention...

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#126 Post by Chaqa » Tue May 19, 2020 2:48 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:39 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:54 pm
Do you think there's anything to the xorx-damo connection?
Someone wasn't paying attention...
Mornings...

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#127 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue May 19, 2020 2:50 pm

Now to determine whether xorx would be so flippant in misremembering a past game if he were scum. Hmm.

bozotheclown

#128 Post by bozotheclown » Tue May 19, 2020 3:44 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:10 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:33 am
kgray wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:48 am

Last time you said something like that you were 3p and tried to kill me... :neutral:
It reminded me of that as well. But as a 3p he would have basically the same knowledge that town had, so I think 3p behavior is more often like town behavior than scum behavior. So I would say this is a townie point for rivera (which I'm sure I will end up taking back soon enough).
Xorxes giving me towny points probably means he is scum.

So, you can already take back my points.
Ezio wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:07 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:49 am
Waiting on bozo now, but I don't really feel the need to let him hold us hostage.

Damian can go ahead and answer.

Ezio, explain the sudden xorxes read change from D2.

Damian, are you aware that your role is confirmable?

Vecna, anything to say?

Foxy, why bozo? How do Balki's flip and your scan change your reads?
Oh why I townread him so strongly yesterday but scumread him today?
Hugely: he was wrong again and didn't do enough for town. As I said, xorxes as town isn't gonna be wrong three days in a row.
The entire read was because he said the phrase "town points". It's a phrase he has never used as scum (that I've seen) before this game. It was rather flimsy, but it corresponded nicely with him making some posts that were productive.
I also wanted as much of the conversation to be about me as possible, and this seemed like a good way to do it; it might have even caused then to NK me if I was right.
All things considered, it seemed like a good ploy to go for.

bozotheclown

#129 Post by bozotheclown » Tue May 19, 2020 3:50 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:25 pm
I also dislike Bozo posting quotes without comments. I understand he probably want to make clear the old game references but without comment it just look like filler.
Start a pool of you need to post something and don't know what, Bozo.
worcej wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:45 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:28 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:51 pm
My inclination is to stick to voting for people who are being different from an established behavior - which means this excludes kgray and Sarah. I think both are town at this point anyways, so meh.

This drives me to rdr, bozo, emc, and damo as a grouping. Of which, bozo and rdr strike me as the most potential scum. I don't think any traction is going to develope for rdr, because I literally brought it up earlier and got maybe one response from the question, so I'll go with bozo. Reasoning should be obvious if you're reading what I am posting.

##vote bozo
Sorry, it's not obvious to me. To clarify: you think bozo is different because he didn't do a survey, and scummy because he built his case on bo based on what Sarah did? What do you think about bozo voting for Fox?
In order:
  1. Yes, the lack of a dumb survey is abnormal from bozo. Additionally, his focus on a new player is not normal to me - 19 of his 54 posts are directed at her by my count. I'd expect more of this from an established player because he could get someone to crack, but it just seems too contrived/forced. To then transition it to saying Bo needs to be flipped to confirm her is a weird stretch. As you may know, I hate the team pairs logic, especially this early in the game, and it is weak reasoning to push a lynch.
  2. I think bozo is voting with little reason and is being opportunistic, which strikes me as being easy to do as scum. Scum don't want to stick their ass out so that it gets burned - they are cautious.

bozotheclown

#130 Post by bozotheclown » Tue May 19, 2020 3:58 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:40 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:02 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:21 am
OK, just caught up. In Tom vs kgray, kgray is the clear winner. She seems to be in her town range. I think she was scum only once and if I remember correctly she would avoid having an opinion on things.

Just one thing: I was not townreading damo last game, I was mostly ignoring him, which I tend to do in the early game because I give him the benefit of the doubt. I had him as my third choice for scum when I was killed, and that was completely Vecna's fault.

I don't think I have enough to make a read on him for now, but he did vote for me last game as scum, so I'm wary now.
I have never been scum in forum mafia.

And fine, but I'm pretty sure you said you have a "soft spot" for him, and now you're saying you give him the benefit of the doubt. I think damo would notice that and therefore scum!damo wouldn't try to get you mislynched D1. The argument that he went in reverse alphabetical order specifically to target you when bozo (who is also very good as town) would be first if he went in normal alphabetical order just doesn't hold up, imo.
Right. We lynched you once but you ended up being some PR trying to make yourself look scummy, or something like that.
xorxes wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:48 pm
##VOTE kgray

I don't think Flum voting her means he's town though.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#131 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue May 19, 2020 4:00 pm

bozo - you realize that for someone who has not played the past few games this is hard for me to follow without some context.

worcej

#132 Post by worcej » Tue May 19, 2020 4:03 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:23 pm
Initial thoughts (not full reads, but my take on things):

Bozo - posting a lot of quotes, presumably trying to match people's actions to past meta behavior. I would say townlean, but I wish he would draw some conclusions or explain why he has chosen specific quotes or what he's trying to demonstrate.

Damo - His reverse voting thing seems exactly like the kind of random thing scum!Damo would come up with to be able to pressure people for no good reason. But I also think there's a bit of scum theater going on between him and xorxes based on my interaction with xorx.

EMC - 3P even when there is no 3P lol. I should have a better read on him once he posts more, I can generally tell what he is. For now, I think he's more town-lean

Food - not a super strong impression yet, but nothing bad

kgray - Normal kgray to me so far

Neph - don't like his end vote whatsoever, but he did say he was purposefully trying to antagonize me (and others, maybe?).

Rivera - Not sure about his interaction with kgray, it's a bit odd. Other than that, nothing strikes me as off yet.

Summit - TBD

Tom - Not enough to go on yet

worcej - Seems like he's trying to be active, but yet 75%+ his posts are meme/sarcastic. Like he's doing a bad impression of brainbomb. Probably scum.

xorx - Either scum with damo or town.

Wild-ass Scumteam guess: damo/xorx/worcej
Your reads, if you actually paid attention to the setup, boil down to just scumming me.

worcej

#133 Post by worcej » Tue May 19, 2020 4:05 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:50 pm
[snip]
To be fair, my read was fake because I was scum. And yes, it was a terrible read that was just good enough to get me a scum win at the time.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#134 Post by Chaqa » Tue May 19, 2020 4:05 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:00 pm
bozo - you realize that for someone who has not played the past few games this is hard for me to follow without some context.
As someone who has played in the last 10 games or so, this is REALLY hard to follow without context.

worcej

#135 Post by worcej » Tue May 19, 2020 4:06 pm

FWIW - I think Chaqa is town atm

worcej

#136 Post by worcej » Tue May 19, 2020 4:06 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:05 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
As someone who has played in the last 10 games or so, this is REALLY hard to follow without context.
He clearly had the same idea as me with this game...

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#137 Post by Chaqa » Tue May 19, 2020 4:06 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:03 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:23 pm
Initial thoughts (not full reads, but my take on things):

Bozo - posting a lot of quotes, presumably trying to match people's actions to past meta behavior. I would say townlean, but I wish he would draw some conclusions or explain why he has chosen specific quotes or what he's trying to demonstrate.

Damo - His reverse voting thing seems exactly like the kind of random thing scum!Damo would come up with to be able to pressure people for no good reason. But I also think there's a bit of scum theater going on between him and xorxes based on my interaction with xorx.

EMC - 3P even when there is no 3P lol. I should have a better read on him once he posts more, I can generally tell what he is. For now, I think he's more town-lean

Food - not a super strong impression yet, but nothing bad

kgray - Normal kgray to me so far

Neph - don't like his end vote whatsoever, but he did say he was purposefully trying to antagonize me (and others, maybe?).

Rivera - Not sure about his interaction with kgray, it's a bit odd. Other than that, nothing strikes me as off yet.

Summit - TBD

Tom - Not enough to go on yet

worcej - Seems like he's trying to be active, but yet 75%+ his posts are meme/sarcastic. Like he's doing a bad impression of brainbomb. Probably scum.

xorx - Either scum with damo or town.

Wild-ass Scumteam guess: damo/xorx/worcej
Your reads, if you actually paid attention to the setup, boil down to just scumming me.
I think you're spending too much time at zombo.com

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#138 Post by Chaqa » Tue May 19, 2020 4:07 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:06 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I'm absolutely lost.

worcej

#139 Post by worcej » Tue May 19, 2020 4:39 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:07 pm
worcej wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

I'm absolutely lost.
In the spirit of the flavor: Exxxcellent...

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#140 Post by Chaqa » Tue May 19, 2020 5:16 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:39 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:07 pm
worcej wrote:
I'm absolutely lost.
In the spirit of the flavor: Exxxcellent...
I don't understand.