M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#101 Post by foodcoats » Tue May 19, 2020 10:59 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:26 am
I think that the argument that one of the damo voters may be scum is interesting. But I'm going to ##vote Neph because that was Chaqa's first vote, and Chaqa's first vote last game proved to be accurate. Also because of the end vote, and because there's not much more to go on at this point.
xorxes, if Nephthys were to be lynched and flip scum, what do you believe that would tell us about Chaqa's alignment?

If Neph flips town, what will that mean about Chaqa?

What do you take it to mean that Chaqa's vote on dargorygel in M55 stayed there for more than 24 hours, whereas here Chaqa has already voted twice more?

foodcoats

#102 Post by foodcoats » Tue May 19, 2020 11:42 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:59 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:54 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:51 am

Hmm indeed. Just because I use you as a litmus test doesn't mean I think you know what you're doing.
"A litmus test is a question asked of a potential candidate for high office, the answer to which would determine whether the nominating official would proceed with the appointment or nomination."

Definitely trying to buddy me. Why?
That's not what a litmus test is, or at leats that's a very specialized meaning. It's a test for acidity or alkalinity using litmus. You are the litmus paper and I'm using you to test the scummicity or townicity of (in this case) Neph.
xorxes, further to my above questions, it seems you are assuming Chaqa is town. If Chaqa is not town, would that not invalidate your test? Or do you believe Chaqa's first vote will always be either extremely perceptive as town or bussing as scum?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#103 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue May 19, 2020 11:52 am

@kgray - Who in this player list haven’t you played with before?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#104 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue May 19, 2020 12:04 pm

And does anybody know summit fever? Have they played before?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#105 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:07 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:48 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:41 am
kgray wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:56 pm

Why? I doubt he thinks anyone will follow him onto xorxes based on that reasoning, and he's basically forcing himself to change his vote when xorxes starts posting. This would be a really terrible way to try to get a xorxes wagon going.
I know I risk being accused of buddying but Kgray is officially my spokesperson.
Last time you said something like that you were 3p and tried to kill me... :neutral:
I am no 3p now and can't kill you too. And I was honestly playing as town and scumhunting last game. You were so towny that I was hoping to convert you.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#106 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:10 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:33 am
kgray wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:48 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:41 am

I know I risk being accused of buddying but Kgray is officially my spokesperson.
Last time you said something like that you were 3p and tried to kill me... :neutral:
It reminded me of that as well. But as a 3p he would have basically the same knowledge that town had, so I think 3p behavior is more often like town behavior than scum behavior. So I would say this is a townie point for rivera (which I'm sure I will end up taking back soon enough).
Xorxes giving me towny points probably means he is scum.

So, you can already take back my points.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#107 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:12 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:36 am
foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:30 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:53 pm

What is scummy is I feel like it was a constructed reason to vote xorxes specifically.
For whatever unfounded subconscious reason, I keep looking for a way to conclude that damo was just town joking around and that Tom is scum making hurlyburly over minutia to justify a damo wagon, but I think Tom's explanation of the oddity in damo's reasoning is authentic. I will call this TvT for now.

Tom, what do you make of worcej and Chaqa joining your damo wagon and how they did it?
I don't believe damo was looking for an excuse to vote for me specifically. It may very well be that he just didn't know what to do as scum, and just came up with whatever arbitrary algorithm to show he was doing something, but I doubt it had anything to do with choosing me as a target.
That's a post that make sense. Damo could be scum posting filler, but actually tryng to get Xorxes lynched with that reasoning doesn't hold.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#108 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:14 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:39 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:21 am
OK, just caught up. In Tom vs kgray, kgray is the clear winner. She seems to be in her town range. I think she was scum only once and if I remember correctly she would avoid having an opinion on things.

Just one thing: I was not townreading damo last game, I was mostly ignoring him, which I tend to do in the early game because I give him the benefit of the doubt. I had him as my third choice for scum when I was killed, and that was completely Vecna's fault.

I don't think I have enough to make a read on him for now, but he did vote for me last game as scum, so I'm wary now.
An unusual statement from xorxes. Not used to seeing him make a prior game statement about a player in relation to this game. NAI
He always do this with me, even about the words I used.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#109 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:23 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:04 pm
Summit played last full game, was the Cop and played a really solid game.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#110 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:25 pm

I also dislike Bozo posting quotes without comments. I understand he probably want to make clear the old game references but without comment it just look like filler.
Start a pool of you need to post something and don't know what, Bozo.

xorxes

#111 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 12:36 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:16 am
xorxes wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

"A litmus test is a question asked of a potential candidate for high office, the answer to which would determine whether the nominating official would proceed with the appointment or nomination."

That's not what a litmus test is, or at leats that's a very specialized meaning. It's a test for acidity or alkalinity using litmus. You are the litmus paper and I'm using you to test the scummicity or townicity of (in this case) Neph.
I have an internal pH of 9.2 and an external of 1.1
We'll see if Chaqa turns blue or red.

xorxes

#112 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 12:40 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:02 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:21 am
OK, just caught up. In Tom vs kgray, kgray is the clear winner. She seems to be in her town range. I think she was scum only once and if I remember correctly she would avoid having an opinion on things.

Just one thing: I was not townreading damo last game, I was mostly ignoring him, which I tend to do in the early game because I give him the benefit of the doubt. I had him as my third choice for scum when I was killed, and that was completely Vecna's fault.

I don't think I have enough to make a read on him for now, but he did vote for me last game as scum, so I'm wary now.
I have never been scum in forum mafia.

And fine, but I'm pretty sure you said you have a "soft spot" for him, and now you're saying you give him the benefit of the doubt. I think damo would notice that and therefore scum!damo wouldn't try to get you mislynched D1. The argument that he went in reverse alphabetical order specifically to target you when bozo (who is also very good as town) would be first if he went in normal alphabetical order just doesn't hold up, imo.
Right. We lynched you once but you ended up being some PR trying to make yourself look scummy, or something like that.

xorxes

#113 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 12:44 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:59 am
xorxes wrote:
I think that the argument that one of the damo voters may be scum is interesting. But I'm going to ##vote Neph because that was Chaqa's first vote, and Chaqa's first vote last game proved to be accurate. Also because of the end vote, and because there's not much more to go on at this point.
xorxes, if Nephthys were to be lynched and flip scum, what do you believe that would tell us about Chaqa's alignment?

What do you take it to mean that Chaqa's vote on dargorygel in M55 stayed there for more than 24 hours, whereas here Chaqa has already voted twice more?
I don't think it would tell us much about Chaqa either way, other than confirm whether he is a good or bad litmus test.

I don't make anything out of him switching votes for now either. Probably more towny than scummy, but not by a large margin.

xorxes

#114 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:42 am
xorxes wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

xorxes, further to my above questions, it seems you are assuming Chaqa is town. If Chaqa is not town, would that not invalidate your test? Or do you believe Chaqa's first vote will always be either extremely perceptive as town or bussing as scum?
I do think he would bus without batting an eyelid as scum, but I doubt it's as straightforward as that his first vote is always a bus.

xorxes

#115 Post by xorxes » Tue May 19, 2020 12:55 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
I think last game was his first. He was cop and I was a semi-cop, and we scanned the same person two nights (scum DemonRHK, but I was jailed that night. We both scanned scum Bunny the same night and we were both deflected to scum Squigs. Then the night I scanned 3p rivera he scanned scum damo, who was lawyered. First night I don't know who he scanned because there was a lighning rod. I scanned town Neph that night. Then the night I was killed he scanned scum Bunny again.

In conclusion, he is new, but he played a very good game and got almost all his cop scans on scum (as did I, but that would not be news to you).

Jamiet99uk

#116 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 19, 2020 1:10 pm

VOTE COUNT 1.2

Damo666(2) - Tom Bombadil, Worcej
Worcej(1) - Nephthys(END)
Chaqa(1) - Foodcoats
Nephthys(1) - Xorxes
EMC^42(1) - Chaqa
Summit_fever(1) - Damo666

Currently DAMO is set to be lynched.

Five players have yet to vote. Summit_fever, Bozotheclown and Neph have not yet met the minimum posting requirement.

31 hours and 50 minutes remain in Day One.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#117 Post by Chaqa » Tue May 19, 2020 1:23 pm

Initial thoughts (not full reads, but my take on things):

Bozo - posting a lot of quotes, presumably trying to match people's actions to past meta behavior. I would say townlean, but I wish he would draw some conclusions or explain why he has chosen specific quotes or what he's trying to demonstrate.

Damo - His reverse voting thing seems exactly like the kind of random thing scum!Damo would come up with to be able to pressure people for no good reason. But I also think there's a bit of scum theater going on between him and xorxes based on my interaction with xorx.

EMC - 3P even when there is no 3P lol. I should have a better read on him once he posts more, I can generally tell what he is. For now, I think he's more town-lean

Food - not a super strong impression yet, but nothing bad

kgray - Normal kgray to me so far

Neph - don't like his end vote whatsoever, but he did say he was purposefully trying to antagonize me (and others, maybe?).

Rivera - Not sure about his interaction with kgray, it's a bit odd. Other than that, nothing strikes me as off yet.

Summit - TBD

Tom - Not enough to go on yet

worcej - Seems like he's trying to be active, but yet 75%+ his posts are meme/sarcastic. Like he's doing a bad impression of brainbomb. Probably scum.

xorx - Either scum with damo or town.

Wild-ass Scumteam guess: damo/xorx/worcej

foodcoats

#118 Post by foodcoats » Tue May 19, 2020 1:39 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:44 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:59 am
xorxes wrote:

I don't think it would tell us much about Chaqa either way, other than confirm whether he is a good or bad litmus test.

I don't make anything out of him switching votes for now either. Probably more towny than scummy, but not by a large margin.
If town!Chaqa was steadier on his vote in M55, why would flip-flopping more mean town!Chaqa here?
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:42 am
xorxes wrote:

I do think he would bus without batting an eyelid as scum, but I doubt it's as straightforward as that his first vote is always a bus.
I think you missed the point of my question. It seems that you must, in this circumstance, be presupposing that Chaqa is town. Especially as you have said above that Chaqa, as scum, may or may not bus. Therefore, there is no reason to believe Nephthys would be scum, unless you believe Chaqa is town, and that town!Chaqa has a good gut-check.

Why do you believe Chaqa is town?

foodcoats

#119 Post by foodcoats » Tue May 19, 2020 1:41 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:55 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I think last game was his first. He was cop and I was a semi-cop, and we scanned the same person two nights (scum DemonRHK, but I was jailed that night. We both scanned scum Bunny the same night and we were both deflected to scum Squigs. Then the night I scanned 3p rivera he scanned scum damo, who was lawyered. First night I don't know who he scanned because there was a lighning rod. I scanned town Neph that night. Then the night I was killed he scanned scum Bunny again.

In conclusion, he is new, but he played a very good game and got almost all his cop scans on scum (as did I, but that would not be news to you).
This reply is awkward and weird.

Coupled with xorxes' apparent assumption that Chaqa is town - an assumption that I do not believe town!xorxes would make - I believe xorxes is scum.

##VOTE xorxes

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#120 Post by Chaqa » Tue May 19, 2020 1:54 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:41 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:55 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

This reply is awkward and weird.

Coupled with xorxes' apparent assumption that Chaqa is town - an assumption that I do not believe town!xorxes would make - I believe xorxes is scum.

##VOTE xorxes
Do you think there's anything to the xorx-damo connection?