M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BobMcBob

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#461 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:10 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:33 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:58 am
Someone please tell me why I hate Squigs so much. Or more accurately, why he hates me so much. In M50 he scumread me completely incorrectly for the entire game, and pushed strongly for me. Now he's doing it again. Why is that Squigs? You jump on me for being forced (having fun with ye olde Anglish), being inconclusive (because I'm supposed to somehow draw conclusions from all that day one @%$#) and then for "scumreading" Jamie over what was, even to me, quite obviously a joke.

##Vote Squigs because he's scumreading me once again for my playstyle, quite possibly because he knows that it doesn't look great and is hoping for an easy lynch.
Why’d you drop the affectation to defend yourself. That’s the scumiest thing I’ve seen yet.
I hath droppethed ye olde English for the reason that many of our good people were bginning to state that they wert finding it frustrating, and because I wert devoting as much energy to the roleplaying as to attempting to maketh a usefull contribution.

BobMcBob

#462 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:46 am

Okay, for what it's worth, which probably isn't much, here be my reads.

Vecna - Seems town. I can't quite place it (and I still have little clue as to where this fits in his meta), but he's been very... loud? Vocal? Non-conservative? I can't think of the right word at the moment, but it feels probably genuine.

Kitsune - Her first two posts did seem to kind of be trying to force a discussion, but given the absolute lack of serious thought happening, I don't see that as an inherent problem. I quite liked her response to the criticism of seeming "forced" and I give some townie points for that. Although that last post about spreadsheets and rings and stuff felt a bit off. So possibly slight scum points.

Bunny - Bunny has been mostly very quiet and not very useful, although he blames that on the day 1 posts all being #@%$. Which is not unfounded, and he did make some reasonable reads after that. I'd have to say that I can't see much either way here, seems NAI.

Neph - Well, people are saying he's off-meta and I don't know what his meta is, but I'll assume they're right. On the other hand, I couldn't see a problem with what he was doing when Jamie said he was odd. His early discussion with xorxes felt a little off and even more useless. Didn't like his bunny read, or his defence of it, saying that it was weak. He hasn't seemed super helpful somehow despite having a ton of posts. I dunno, maybe slight scum.

Xorxes - Bit of a useless conversation with Neph at the beginning, but I have no clue how theatres work or if this could be one. I'll leave that one for people with knowledge of that stuff. Granting Rivera half a town point seemed really odd, because I cannot see how that could really indicate anything. It was too subtle and iffy to award anything in my opinion. I don't like his accusation of Kit though. I really don't have any good conclusions on xorx here. He seems to be doing some stuff, but not much. Maybe a little scummy.

I would like to hear other people's thoughts on Neph-xorx interactions, because I can't tell if there's anything deeper to be drawn from it, and I would also like Squigs to not #$%@ing scumread me for asking people's opinions on things I don't know $&@# about. And no, this is not an excuse to create a wagon on one of these guys out of thin air and jump on it safely after others have already started it. I may not even vote for either of them.

Jamie - Not too fond of his case for emc, although emc was admittedly lurking. It seemed he drove it too strongly for what was actually there. Most of Jamie's play seems to have been jokes. From what I hear this is normal though. I can't really say anything about alignment because he hasn't done much. I'm tempted to scum him just for lack of usefulness and lots of jokes, although other people very strongly townread him for some meta reason. But since this is my reads list, and I should try to be original, I'll lean scum.

I have to go now, but briefly:
Kalel seems pretty scummy
Bozo seems useless but somewhat towny
Squigs seems pretty NAI although I don't like his push on me
Not sure about emc, seems alright to me

For now, ##Vote Kalel

Jamiet99uk

#463 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:15 am

Goodness me these wagons are extremely spread out. Let me do a quick catch-up. Only a few pages by the look of it.

Jamiet99uk

#464 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:16 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:07 am
damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:45 am
I have a composite number of team mates.
Zero is not composite.
Duh.

Jamiet99uk

#465 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:21 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:21 am
since jamie seems to be adorably, generally inattentive once again, in clear cut wording

1) emc draw jmo bikini <3
2) post vanish (!!)
0) ???
3) !!!
4) D:
4.5) (T⌓T)
6) emc labours over e-mail of love with tender affections, painstakingly, currently still in progress.
Right so it was just meaningless self-absorbed noise. Got it.

Jamiet99uk

#466 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:22 am

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:11 am
Let go of your preconceptions.

Let go of your ego.

Let go of your belief in causality.

Let go of your object-oriented view of reality.

Assimilate the waveform that is you/I into the greater singularity that is us/town.

Only then will you be granted wisdom.

Only then will knowing and not-knowing become one in knowing-not-knowing.

Only then will you catch scum.
A light appears on the horizon!

The gate is open to you, Foodcoats.

Jamiet99uk

#467 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:30 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:58 am
Someone please tell me why I hate Squigs so much. Or more accurately, why he hates me so much. In M50 he scumread me completely incorrectly for the entire game, and pushed strongly for me. Now he's doing it again. Why is that Squigs? You jump on me for being forced (having fun with ye olde Anglish), being inconclusive (because I'm supposed to somehow draw conclusions from all that day one @%$#) and then for "scumreading" Jamie over what was, even to me, quite obviously a joke.

##Vote Squigs because he's scumreading me once again for my playstyle, quite possibly because he knows that it doesn't look great and is hoping for an easy lynch.
Observe Bob's sudden anger.
Make a conclusion about his lack of olde English flavour dialect.
Gain understanding of this shift in character.
Understand each clue as it emerges.
Search constantly for answers.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#468 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:35 am

I liked Bob reads post. Don't agree with many of them, but they looked genuine.
But I can agree with Kalel vote.

##vote Kalel

Jamiet99uk

#469 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:50 am

##VOTE EMC.

He's got time to be here and post, and he's contributing what? Nothing. Zip. Nada. Look at his posts and find anything of substance if you can. I don't think you'll be able to. Talking about how distressed he is because of some irrelevant post that got deleted. Talking about how he doesn't have thoughts worth sharing, despite being in the top five posters.

This is emc at his worst and he can't hide behind being a newbie anymore. His signal to noise ratio is very, very poor. He wants to appear active but he is adding nothing.

Kakarroto

#470 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:52 am

flash2015 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:03 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:48 am
Well, seems like my vote has magical powers, because of that, and since I want more info, @flash, are you currently at work, can you only post one time at the day? Do you like to lurk or is it something similar to damo's D1 aversion? Do you think Austria is the first country to die?

##vote flash2015
I am just a lazy ass...and yes, Austria is usually the first country to die (especially when I am Italy).
... ##vote flash even harder following up with a fleet into the adriadic sea

ok, jokes aside, how does your lazyness show especially, do you not like to post or to read? Do you reread and if yes, how often? Do you see scum hunting as a chore or do you enjoy it? Are you bothered by answering questions?

Also, do you see Austria losing first in your games as an inherit penalty of the country or do just most player lack in the ability to play as Austria effectively?
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:46 am
[...]
I would like to hear other people's thoughts on Neph-xorx interactions, because I can't tell if there's anything deeper to be drawn from it
[...]
-) the discussion of the additions in the rules seem ok, I had my share of PM's about it (only to our GM's of course, so right now not accessable, they should be stored in the god QT for after the game, if you're interested in). Nephthys not answering promptly is a bit meh, but surely not any role-indicative. I can think of one or two reasons (like making others do their homework, poking for reaction, ...) for it.

-) xorx granting half a townie point: he did something similar last game, don't know on top of my head if it was only half or a full point but I think it was also towards RD in that game. Both xorx and RD were town then, so either scum xorx has copied that for this game or town xorx just does this on a regular basis (now I'm too lazy to look that up in other games that go further back in time, especially since I don't think it's saying much).

-) "xorxes feels a bit off" is a little pun and got a special place in my heart now.

-) both talking about reads to each other: the flow of the conversation between the two seems pretty good and natural to me, I tend to agree with the read on jamie, not so much for kitsune, haven't been too focussed on single players yet but more the overall read of the game though, so I will get into that.

foodcoats

#471 Post by foodcoats » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:40 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:50 am
##VOTE EMC.

He's got time to be here and post, and he's contributing what? Nothing. Zip. Nada. Look at his posts and find anything of substance if you can. I don't think you'll be able to. Talking about how distressed he is because of some irrelevant post that got deleted. Talking about how he doesn't have thoughts worth sharing, despite being in the top five posters.

This is emc at his worst and he can't hide behind being a newbie anymore. His signal to noise ratio is very, very poor. He wants to appear active but he is adding nothing.
Emc playing as usual.
Jamie playing as usual.
Watch for third partying of this interaction.

damo666

#472 Post by damo666 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:14 pm

Good afternoon Jamie. Dream well?

Kakarroto

#473 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:22 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:40 am
[...]
Does that mean:

1. Town is exhausted and is tired of arguing?
2. The usual suspects are all scum and love a good red herring?
3. Something else I've missed considering?
Kitsune wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:29 pm
[...]
I do think about my posts, but I suppose I can stop if people don’t want me scum hunting at all. Just seems dumb.
Kitsune wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:46 pm
[...]
If I get lynched I get lynched, meanwhile I’m going to focus on what I can usefully do when there’s anything to usefully sift through.
[...]
I'm surley not wanting you to stop scum hunting and you have a good attitude in doing stuff even when in a pinch, though I haven't really seen you hunt. Do you might have a busy day? I'll mark you down as hunter and see if that stands true for now.

Reading jamie I've come around from my previous statement. He looks like normal town jamie, that's true, but ever since the posts of xorx and Neph happened about reading him as town, he increased volume. Also he seems more focussed, less random, as if he has an agenda, it just rubs me the wrong way. ##vote Jamie

hmm ... I just noticed ... no one has yet said anything about everyone claiming their role in a mass claim. I think that was a big issue for some, so what happened to this topic? I think it was your big thing @bozo?

e.m.c^42

#474 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:32 pm

little less an hour before glorious bb comes back and blesses the thread, probably.

e.m.c^42

#475 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:41 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:50 am
##VOTE EMC.

D:

this is very painful. mate, listen to me yell in agony.

"oof"

but since mostly drafted at this point, and final editing quick, just for you will go back and elaborate on short posts.

Vecna

#476 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:45 pm

would you be happy if we just put you out of your misery and d1 lynch you emc?

e.m.c^42

#477 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:46 pm

but before that, karrot, never quite figured out who "court baker" was?

e.m.c^42

#478 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:53 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:09 am
Neph feels like he's rp'ing bb
to lengthen, Neph has gone near 120 in terms of tone, has upped sarcasm by a lot, and is more jocular this game than he has been, like ever. He's decidedly more confident in himself, and more grounded than usual. More willing to defend thoughts. Posts tend towards the shorter side but that is as usual since his meta evolved from old walls. Unknown if said confidence is due to 1) deliberate roleplay, as tactic - similar to how he did his whole "lhf" schtick before but for different objective, or due to being scum, or due to just being more rooted as town.

Kakarroto

#479 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:55 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:12 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:07 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:59 am
Yup, and as with every game I dislike day ones too. Buuuut, I'm into the Yamazaki, and opening the Macallan. So here comes Drunk Bunny (TM)
Y'all dislike day 1? Why? Day 1 is the most fun of days.
Yes, it's mostly nonsense. Even later when you can go back and read, it's mostly nonsense. I get asked stupid questions, I give them the answers they deserve, and people think this is something? I can't even scum read them for being stupid because soooooooo many players just are that vapid.

So yes, it's fun to be silly. It's fun to shit post and get some first impressions. But no...there's nothing really lasting here. Especially when people just all think they have to make shit happen. At least Chaqa is GMing so he can't try and hero things like usual. Neph is f*#*ing weird this game, but could just as easily think he needs to shake things up. Bozo is his usual useless, but he's being more quiet about it. Dunno what it means. Kalel is quiet, that's scummy for him. Same with Kitsune. But again, all day 1...almost none of it is AI.
I like this post. I really really like it, it sums up pretty much all the things I've thought of bozo's quietness, kalel's and kitsune's participation while I was reading their respective posts only. Is Neph someone who talks little normally? Last game that was probably why Neph ended up D1 lynch, think that comes big into it, or do you feel something else that's weird with Neph?

I politely disagree with the 'uselessness' of day 1 though, last game I got Flavius and Chaqa down as scum because of D1, though no one listend then to me and then I was nk'ed. I do give you though, we got worcej wrong because of D1 and mislynched him. The moral of the story: don't listen to xorxes' reads D1, follow your heart. And: people do stupid stuff even when they're town.

e.m.c^42

#480 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:56 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:53 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:09 am
Neph feels like he's rp'ing bb
to lengthen, Neph has [gone near 120 in terms of tone, has upped sarcasm by a lot, and is more jocular this game than he has been, like ever. He's decidedly more confident in himself, and more grounded than usual. More willing to defend thoughts. Posts tend towards the shorter side but that is as usual since his meta evolved from old walls.] Unknown if said confidence is due to 1) deliberate roleplay, as tactic - similar to how he did his whole "lhf" schtick before but for different objective, or due to being scum, or due to just being more rooted as town.
But like, everything in the brackets is pretty clearly already said from the "acting like bb" part? and the underlined part is implied as a question coz it was too early to be more than general feeling. Dunno if this helps or not, should I go back and redo all of 'em?