MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#821 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:26 pm

Xorxes you are the least valuable reaver target. Reveal.

xorxes

#822 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:26 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:19 pm

How would you feel about a different town PR who voluntarily chose not to use their powers? A claimed Doc who didn't save anyone? A claimed cop who didn't scan anyone? You're in the same boat. I want your extra votes today, where it counts.
I only have one reveal, I can't reveal as many times as I want to.

The reveal is irreversible, I can't not have the extra votes once I reveal.

So no, it's not analogous.

And in any case, no, I would not want to lynch a PR that is using their powers the wrong way.

And whether I reveal or not should have no bearing on whether you think massclaim is beneficial to town or not. Making your claim contingent on my reveal is ridiculous. In fact, if you are going to claim if I reveal, you should be even more eager to claim if I don't reveal, as it would expose me if I'm lying.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#823 Post by KalelChase » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:26 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:09 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:00 pm
@emc, @Tom, you're voting for people who claimed PR. I suggest moving to Kalel, who has not claimed anything for some reason. I don't recall him having a strong stance against the massclaim.
In fact, on a quick reread, I could not find a single opinion from him on the matter.
Then you're not looking really hard. If you really want I can give you the post number.

I have stated that I'm actually for the massclaim, but agreed that since you're leading it you should mechanically confirm first. However, my other condition where I'd claim was that majority claims which I think we've hit.

I think this is bullying, but I'll fall in line... I am town PR.

However, I will bully back and force you to GM reveal in order to get your +2.
I'll ask the rest of town to insure that Xorx has to reveal +2.
##Vote Xorxes

xorxes

#824 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:27 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:26 pm
I will when I'm ready. Scumhunt.

Jamiet99uk

#825 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:28 pm

xorxes wrote:
goldfinger0303 wrote:

How would you feel about a different town PR who voluntarily chose not to use their powers? A claimed Doc who didn't save anyone? A claimed cop who didn't scan anyone? You're in the same boat. I want your extra votes today, where it counts.
And whether I reveal or not should have no bearing on whether you think massclaim is beneficial to town or not. Making your claim contingent on my reveal is ridiculous. In fact, if you are going to claim if I reveal, you should be even more eager to claim if I don't reveal, as it would expose me if I'm lying.
Goldfinger has already revealed, Xorxes.

BunnyGo

#826 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:28 pm

xorxes wrote:
goldfinger0303 wrote:

I only have one reveal, I can't reveal as many times as I want to.

The reveal is irreversible, I can't not have the extra votes once I reveal.

So no, it's not analogous.

And in any case, no, I would not want to lynch a PR that is using their powers the wrong way.

But tomorrow you won’t reveal because it’s still valuable? This is such bullshit. Take a step back and actually think about it: it really isn’t that valuable. And Zoe can protect you, or the doctor, or the pilot, or other things...

Jamiet99uk

#827 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:28 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:27 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:
I will when I'm ready. Scumhunt.
You are the person who is interfering the most with scumhunting by making yourself the centre of attention. Your ego knows no bounds.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#828 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:29 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:07 pm
We need to be pressuring those who have not claimed yet, not our uncced PRs.

##VOTE Kalel
This is a good post.

teacon7

#829 Post by teacon7 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:31 pm

Still on mobile. Brief thoughts:

@xorx who else are you looking for reactions from? Can you see why people want you to confirm?

Town is perfectly justified in wanting to get some alignment confirmation. ND/Jamie/others seem to be saying the same things I was earlier d1.

@everyone: does BunnyGo use strange languages like this often? Or ever before?

@bunny - are you reaver? Or just hedging your bets that you'll get converted and have to use foreign languages periodically in the future?

ThatllBeAnInterestingDay.gif

@nd - imo the mass claim still works even if xorx is scum. I'm not super comfortable with the lack of verification, but go back and look at the math on how this narrows down the lynch pool. Even if he's scum, he'll get cc'd and we can sort that out later. Good idea or not, it's happening now.

@superstitiion - this is not a normal game.

##callgm - is vecna being subbed out? If so, when?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#830 Post by peterlund » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:32 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:20 pm
I don't want the extra votes.
I don't want to be a mechanical clear yet.
I want the freedom to use the reveal to prove I have not been recruited (this was not one of my original reasons, but the way the roleblock works it might actually be useful to have this way of proving I was not recruited available).
Now you need to get the GM confirmation done, so town has some hours to find someone else to lynch instead. Not having it done now (if it can be done) would be extremely disrupting to town and that in it self VERY ANTI-TOWN behaviour (even more that it has already been). My guess now is that Xorx is the Reaver Prime. I we will know soon...

teacon7

#831 Post by teacon7 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:33 pm

I'm still on mobile. Can someone make a list of who has claimed/not and what they've claimed, as well as a list of people who are standing in (now pointless) principalled opposition to the mass claim?

xorxes

#832 Post by xorxes » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:33 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:18 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:16 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:13 pm

BECAUSE CLAIMING IS ANTI-TOWN IN THIS SETUP YOU liú kǒushuǐ de biǎozǐ hé hóuzǐ de bèn érzǐ。We as a group never agreed it wasn’t. Hell by the time the claiming started we were barely past joke phase and a half dozen players hasn’t posted more than “hello”.

You can take your gǒushǐ policy vote, Tom, and put it back where it came from.
If you think claiming is anti-town, why are you saying that you will claim if I reveal? Why would my reveal cause you to act in an anti-town manner?
Because we are past the point of no return. Not claiming at all was not anti-town. Not participating is also anti-town. But the reaver is really a deterrent to claiming. A strong one that I don’t think people appreciated enough.
So you think I'm being anti-town by not revealing, and you are joining me in being anti-town by not claiming. Is that correct?

bozotheclown

#833 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:33 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
xorxes wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:13 pm

BECAUSE CLAIMING IS ANTI-TOWN IN THIS SETUP YOU liú kǒushuǐ de biǎozǐ hé hóuzǐ de bèn érzǐ。We as a group never agreed it wasn’t. Hell by the time the claiming started we were barely past joke phase and a half dozen players hasn’t posted more than “hello”.

You can take your gǒushǐ policy vote, Tom, and put it back where it came from.
If you think claiming is anti-town, why are you saying that you will claim if I reveal? Why would my reveal cause you to act in an anti-town manner?
Because we are past the point of no return. Not claiming at all was not anti-town. Not participating is also anti-town. But the reaver is really a deterrent to claiming. A strong one that I don’t think people appreciated enough.
I agree that the Reaver is a negative with the mass claim, which is one reason why xorxes should wait to reveal. We want all PRs that can to wait to prove their powers after the Reaver recruiting is complete.

BunnyGo

#834 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:33 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:31 pm
Still on mobile. Brief thoughts:

@xorx who else are you looking for reactions from? Can you see why people want you to confirm?

Town is perfectly justified in wanting to get some alignment confirmation. ND/Jamie/others seem to be saying the same things I was earlier d1.

@everyone: does BunnyGo use strange languages like this often? Or ever before?

@bunny - are you reaver? Or just hedging your bets that you'll get converted and have to use foreign languages periodically in the future?

ThatllBeAnInterestingDay.gif

@nd - imo the mass claim still works even if xorx is scum. I'm not super comfortable with the lack of verification, but go back and look at the math on how this narrows down the lynch pool. Even if he's scum, he'll get cc'd and we can sort that out later. Good idea or not, it's happening now.

@superstitiion - this is not a normal game.

##callgm - is vecna being subbed out? If so, when?
It’s all thematic from firefly. And yes, I do always try to role play the theme a b it.

BunnyGo

#835 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:34 pm

For those not familiar: the NONREVEARS (the hero’s) would swear in Chinese. I googled a firefly Chinese summary and copy paste references as I want them.

BunnyGo

#836 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:35 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:33 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
xorxes wrote:

So you think I'm being anti-town by not revealing, and you are joining me in being anti-town by not claiming. Is that correct?
Fine. Whatever. I’m a town PR. Now you’re turn.

Jamiet99uk

#837 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:35 pm

Claimed PR
xorx (Captain)
teac
darg
Tom Bombadil
rdrivera
damo
worcej
Jamiet