MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#321 Post by Maniac » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:10 pm

@vaporwave “Maniac seems to be aware of mafia game strategies,”

I’ve played before. I cultivate a persona of bumbling fool better than anyone except Brainbomb, but I am a mafia genius and that just shines through. It’s a cross I have to bear.

Kitsune

#322 Post by Kitsune » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:12 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:58 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:44 pm
And it's pretty hard to have a good reason when all the references people make are to old games and old styles of play.
This is actually a very valid point. I'm still pretty new here but I've assimilated enough that I am now doing the thing I hated only a few games ago. I should probably not do that. As Neph pointed out it actually makes it very hard for new players to enjoy the game.

If I cast my mind out back to the thread, and I use the two heuristics that scum try to push agendas and/or try to be passively active or "blendy," and I focus on just stuff within this game - and this is off my memory of my reading the past hour, so more high level intuition than specifics - the pushiest player so far feels like brainbomb, and the most passive-active feels like Maniac.

To choose between them... brainbomb has a big meta advantage because of their play style. Scum tends not to NK brain, so scum!brain could merge into town for a long time without an investigation.

##VOTE brainbomb
Thank you. A world of thank you, that's actually something I can use now I've finished wading through the gibberish without having to read up on the last dozen or so games.

And unvoting one person before I vote the next only seems like good manners doesn't it? Or have I tripped another "scumread signal" I wasn't aware of?

Based on food's heuristics of "pushy vs will-it-blend", I'm placing a vote-with-intent on Temasek for the second reason of the two. Possibly people are throwing out their votes tactically this early and they're going to chop and change as often as brain's are currently, but to my eye there's one person stacking on to the popular target for fairly scanty reasons and that's Temasek.

I don't agree with rdrivera and damo666's conclusions, but I can at least see how they got there.

##vote Temasek

worcej

#323 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:16 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:23 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:22 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:14 am
How about this, let's play a game in a game!

Who would you kill on N1 if you were mafia?

Any takers?
Last time I was mafia we killed foodcoats first although it wasn't mainly my idea. The reasoning was that that he was widely townread, he was posting a lot, and he had very good reads from the start. He's not being like that this game though... hmm...
when you and I were scum together you insisted we kill flash n1 because he was cop. I wanted to kill quas or DT and everyone dismissed me
dt was cop
quas was doc

we lost by d3 and conceded because tom bomb faked being cop and we bought it
Don't forget how awesome that desperado role was... lol

worcej

#324 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:16 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:26 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:42 am
##Vote worcej
brainbomb is bailing on Vaporwave already, he is probably the busser.
See, posts like these are why I would fear you as scum. You're a keen observer.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#325 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:17 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:51 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:40 pm

I'm always going on about lurkers. It's the only reason Jamiet likes me, I think.

Why did you react the way you did, Rdrivera?
Because I don't like hypocrisy. Calling out lurkers when your are also a lurker doesn't seems right. Not necessarily scummy, to be honest.
I mean, I get that. And certainly you can use it to criticize me. But the point itself, that we should be looking at lurkers, is valuable on its own. Additionally, it raises the question: would scum-Foxcastle be so foolish as to call out lurkers and then simply stop at his own name? (The evidence is vanished, but that's what I did.)
That's exactly the point, you stopped at me and didn't include you that have 1 or 2 posts more (I looked at the bot exactly because it includes me obviously). About you doing this as scum or not it's pure WIFOM.

Anyway, this discussion is pointless and I got a small townread on you after this.

I don't lynching lurkers on D1 for two reasons, first you get little info on connections later but mostly it's hard to define who is lurking on D1. Maybe the game just started on a bad day. We probably get a better picture on who is lurking D2 or D3 in a game of this size.

worcej

#326 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:17 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:27 am
worcej wrote:

Any takers?
oh, this looks fun.

Whoever tastes like PR at the end of the night, a lurker with no info, or attempt a mafia self-kill again lol
Thank you for the non-answer to my question lol.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#327 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:55 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:46 pm
damo, what makes you have a strong read on rivera?
actually I was having similar thoughts. Rdrivera's entrance and subsequent posts felt so gutsy. I imagine he was posting them while riding a horse on a beach

Power!Bravery!And a sense of justice, instinctively I wanted to pick up my town rivera box but thankfully I stopped myself in time because I recalled how greatly he deceived me last game
I will not ask you to put me on your towncore this time because I am not so sure you are town this time, but hopefully I can sort you soon.

worcej

#328 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:20 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:17 am
Brainbomb: it's called refreshing the page on your mobile to see if any of your games have processed. I got kids man...just got to read the thread now. How the hell all of you posted 10 pages of literally nothing: time out.

Anyways, lot's of interesting out of character meta game posts--it's just like mafia in real life. Winning notes.

As for who I'd kill if I were scum? Definitely ND, it's just too f----ing annoying.

##VOTE ND
Hmmm... I like the clap back.

Get ready though Bunny, you think 10 pages are bad? This is a 20+ player game. D1 will probably have 50+ pages.

worcej

#329 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:28 am
Kitsune wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:47 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:38 am

How am I coaching him? I am pushing him because he won't answer my question. I want to know why he thought we would be paying attention to the order in which he voted, and he hasn't given a straight answer yet.
I'm not answering a question? :shock:

I read that someone (I've lost track who) was saying that mafia would be voting late, but probably not last any more.

So I was saying "eep! that's a thing? Well... if there's a meta to where people vote I'm not aware of it, so I'll probably just vote whenever. If I know enough to vote."

I actually really appreciated your helping me to find my feet here - I didn't realise it was painting a target on you.
I'm with you Kitsune. Brainbomb is just annoying. Thinks he's hot shit. Napoleon complex much?
**popcorn crunching sounds**

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#330 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:22 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:10 pm
foodcoats wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
And it's pretty hard to have a good reason when all the references people make are to old games and old styles of play.
This is actually a very valid point. I'm still pretty new here but I've assimilated enough that I am now doing the thing I hated only a few games ago. I should probably not do that. As Neph pointed out it actually makes it very hard for new players to enjoy the game.

If I cast my mind out back to the thread, and I use the two heuristics that scum try to push agendas and/or try to be passively active or "blendy," and I focus on just stuff within this game - and this is off my memory of my reading the past hour, so more high level intuition than specifics - the pushiest player so far feels like brainbomb, and the most passive-active feels like Maniac.

To choose between them... brainbomb has a big meta advantage because of their play style. Scum tends not to NK brain, so scum!brain could merge into town for a long time without an investigation.

##VOTE brainbomb
Were I scum, I'd just forget and play like town. It's not that hard...that said, when you play f2f there's no scum chat. So I have no idea how that changes the game.
How you play like rown, knowing all the answers?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#331 Post by Maniac » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:22 pm

Is peter’s site working properly or am I being dense. If I search M49Current messages it returns info from sign-up thread

BunnyGo

#332 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:25 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:22 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:10 pm
foodcoats wrote:

##VOTE brainbomb
Were I scum, I'd just forget and play like town. It's not that hard...that said, when you play f2f there's no scum chat. So I have no idea how that changes the game.
How you play like rown, knowing all the answers?
Who knows answers? Am I the only one here capable of forgetting stuff? I guess I'm just old. But I'd just *literally* forget that I knew anything.

foodcoats

#333 Post by foodcoats » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:22 pm
Is peter’s site working properly or am I being dense. If I search M49Current messages it returns info from sign-up thread
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/game_status?g=49

damo666

#334 Post by damo666 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:25 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:10 pm
ND could be a PR who wants scum to think hes vt or an idiot
ND could be a vt who wants scum to think hes sk
he could be SK pulling a double bluff too

but ND being scum only makes sense if hes trying to sac himself to force an sk counter claim. which seems unprecedented and unrealistic for him
either brain is spot on here or he and ND both scum (highly unlikely)

BunnyGo

#335 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:25 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:28 am
Kitsune wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:47 am

I'm not answering a question? :shock:

I read that someone (I've lost track who) was saying that mafia would be voting late, but probably not last any more.

So I was saying "eep! that's a thing? Well... if there's a meta to where people vote I'm not aware of it, so I'll probably just vote whenever. If I know enough to vote."

I actually really appreciated your helping me to find my feet here - I didn't realise it was painting a target on you.
I'm with you Kitsune. Brainbomb is just annoying. Thinks he's hot shit. Napoleon complex much?
**popcorn crunching sounds**
I like you. No read on you, but I like you.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#336 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:27 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:12 pm
foodcoats wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

##VOTE brainbomb
Thank you. A world of thank you, that's actually something I can use now I've finished wading through the gibberish without having to read up on the last dozen or so games.

And unvoting one person before I vote the next only seems like good manners doesn't it? Or have I tripped another "scumread signal" I wasn't aware of?

Based on food's heuristics of "pushy vs will-it-blend", I'm placing a vote-with-intent on Temasek for the second reason of the two. Possibly people are throwing out their votes tactically this early and they're going to chop and change as often as brain's are currently, but to my eye there's one person stacking on to the popular target for fairly scanty reasons and that's Temasek.

I don't agree with rdrivera and damo666's conclusions, but I can at least see how they got there.

##vote Temasek
This would sound like coaching, but whatever.

If you are town, your vote is your main weapon, so don't be afraid of voting. Voting can be used to get reactions (I liked yours by the way) from the people you vote and from the others around. Scum are usually less upfront on voting or tend to just park or anchor votes to avoid connections or using logic that isn't towny (scum knows things, while town have just opinions).

worcej

#337 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:28 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:48 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:31 am
Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:21 pm
:o Stop before I stomp on you

Let's have fun, a warm up session. When more people post, then we'll become serious ;)
People who make a point to force the joke phase usually are trying to cover for the fact they're trying to hard at the joke phase.
Throws an accusation against someone with 3 early votes but doesn’t vote for them. This smells of positioning, setting up jumping on a band-wagon. Switching my vote to ##vote worceJ
I would've said the same thing to anyone if they over-emphasized the need to call out the joke phase period. The fact that 3 others slammed votes onto him for their own reasons are beyond my control.

But, welcome to the club of voting for me!

worcej

#338 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:29 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:17 am
worcej wrote:

Any takers?
Look for breadcrumbs
, kill the cop.

Have you played before?
Oooo, I think I am going to like you :)

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#339 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:29 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:17 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:27 am
worcej wrote:

Any takers?
oh, this looks fun.

Whoever tastes like PR at the end of the night, a lurker with no info, or attempt a mafia self-kill again lol
Thank you for the non-answer to my question lol.
Do you want him to tell who he thinks is a PR or what?

worcej

#340 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:29 am
Calling it now

Espresso/bozo scumteam
Noted.