MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nephthys

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#141 Post by Nephthys » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:01 am

As for the game, xorxes is likely town

Emc is likely scum

worcej

#142 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:01 am

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:53 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:43 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:22 am

It's not definitely but highly likely, I don't find this community engaging or logical anymore. Everything is secondary to people's egos and I don't find it that enjoyable.

This game is to see whether my thoughts still hold up
TBF, your arguments for 'not logical' are only based on the facts that people who are town make poor decisions because of the lack of information in front of them.

Not engaging? Maybe post more - you've been seriously lackluster since your initial games in terms of engagement with the game.
Somewhat true, however I often find myself following people's cases right up until the last second where their conclusion is just weird...

Perhaps true, I fundamentally cant devote the amount of time I did for the earlier games, IRL changes mean that I have a significantly high demand on my time than I did.
I totally understand - what I was trying to imply ultimately is it sounds like you're in your own way with enjoying mafia. Granted, me being a shit head is totally not in your control and I can get how that gets annoying.

You need to expect people to make the bad decisions. Your reaction to the challenge last game made me knew I got a mafia player because it was so over the top and not factoring in the fact I only knew myself.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#143 Post by dargorygel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:02 am

I don't like the "I am doing something that I am not going to explain, but YOU know what I am doing... " line of reasoning. Sort of patronizing. Reminds me of someone that I am NOT going to tell you (but he was a chippy type fellow...)

But really it tastes like someone trying to look like he has a logical deduction already, even though it is only early D1.

I don't see what you are doing, worcej. Care to explain?

Nephthys

#144 Post by Nephthys » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:02 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:00 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:58 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:31 am
neph, who in particular was toxic and egotistical that ruined your experience.

The culture of webdip mafia is that this is a challenging place to play with people who care a lot about furthering their skills at the game
I find Jamie and Durga to be the top of my list with regards to ego etc. I get this is a game where manipulation plays a large role although I just severely disagree with the extent to which players take it. For example, damo gets endlessly so much more shit than he deserve's to the point where it is nearly abusive (esp when he was probs the best town imo from last game)

I've honestly found, of the existing players when I joined, only you, Squigs and CJG were particularly welcoming and really showed any sort of interest in diversifying the player base.

I find the culture here to be purely individualistic, there is no desire to bring in new players and provide any assistance to bettering the community as a whole.
I agree that its been toxic.
but damo pretty regularly implies im a horrible person who never gets amything right, and thus I should be disregarded entirely.

you had me on the rest of it though
By no means was I excusing him, it was just top of my mind from last game

personally, I find you the most consistently valuable town in any game.

worcej

#145 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:03 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:55 am
worcej
Day-1 45:29
page 5 / orig
↑Vaporwave: ":o Stop before I stomp on you

Let's have fun, a warm up session. When more people post, then we'll become serious ;)"

People who make a point to force the joke phase usually are trying to cover for the fact they're trying to hard at the joke phase
This looks more like shade than the impetus for accusation.
Your opinion. You asked a question, I gave an answer.

xorxes

#146 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:03 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:58 am
Towncore? How can there be a towncore without Vecna :cry:

Will think about it because we've only just started

No scumlean on anyone, a bit wary of foodcoats

Bozo seems standard so far
I used to be in your towncore by default as well, but then a couple of times I turned out to be mafia and you abandoned me.

brainbomb

#147 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:04 am

this neph guy can take me to prom if he wants

Nephthys

#148 Post by Nephthys » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:04 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:01 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:53 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:43 am
TBF, your arguments for 'not logical' are only based on the facts that people who are town make poor decisions because of the lack of information in front of them.

Not engaging? Maybe post more - you've been seriously lackluster since your initial games in terms of engagement with the game.
Somewhat true, however I often find myself following people's cases right up until the last second where their conclusion is just weird...

Perhaps true, I fundamentally cant devote the amount of time I did for the earlier games, IRL changes mean that I have a significantly high demand on my time than I did.
I totally understand - what I was trying to imply ultimately is it sounds like you're in your own way with enjoying mafia. Granted, me being a shit head is totally not in your control and I can get how that gets annoying.

You need to expect people to make the bad decisions. Your reaction to the challenge last game made me knew I got a mafia player because it was so over the top and not factoring in the fact I only knew myself.
Last game was a disaster haha, I do still think it was not ideal on your part but as soon as the challenge went down that was my only option.

brainbomb

#149 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:07 am

the hard part about webdip mafia is not just individualistic play, its that people wamt so badly to be right to advance their own accolades, that they just stop actually interacting with each other.

worcej

#150 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:09 am

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:02 am
I don't like the "I am doing something that I am not going to explain, but YOU know what I am doing... " line of reasoning. Sort of patronizing. Reminds me of someone that I am NOT going to tell you (but he was a chippy type fellow...)

But really it tastes like someone trying to look like he has a logical deduction already, even though it is only early D1.

And I don't like the 'He is scum for posting 13 posts with no discussion of alignment' within the first 3 hours of D1.

We all have our annoyances.

brainbomb

#151 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:09 am

when we get to 30 pages day 1 and everyone has their own storylines, and each person is playing hero ball, moving votes around randomly and there isnt any actual direction.

thats what I noticed in the games where scum won. was lack of direction, amd the thread was 22 different conversations overlapping one another

brainbomb

#152 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:10 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:09 am
dargorygel wrote:

And I don't like the 'He is scum for posting 13 posts with no discussion of alignment' within the first 3 hours of D1.

lol its alot of fun to rile you up. and if youre scum I get to die early and thats even better.

worcej

#153 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:11 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:07 am
the hard part about webdip mafia is not just individualistic play, its that people wamt so badly to be right to advance their own accolades, that they just stop actually interacting with each other.
I don't think that is specifically a problem with our community, but in fact generally what everyone wants to do. Everyone wants to be the Maximus, but few can wear the crown when it is covered in the blood of their mistakes.

worcej

#154 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:13 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:10 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:09 am
dargorygel wrote:

lol its alot of fun to rile you up. and if youre scum I get to die early and thats even better.
For someone who wants people to engage, you seem to gravitate towards engagement = scum.

And if I was scum, do you think I would be foolish enough to kill you early?

brainbomb

#155 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:13 am

depending on how widely townread I was, how many accurate reads I had, sure youd kill me N1

worcej

#156 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:14 am

How about this, let's play a game in a game!

Who would you kill on N1 if you were mafia?

Any takers?

Kitsune

#157 Post by Kitsune » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:14 am

Is Maximus a reference to the last game or a mafia term I'm not recognising?

Last game was Roman, right?

Kitsune

#158 Post by Kitsune » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:15 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:14 am
How about this, let's play a game in a game!

Who would you kill on N1 if you were mafia?

Any takers?
Sure! :-D

I'd kill brain on N1 if I was mafia.

brainbomb

#159 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:15 am

N1 as mafia id kill Temasek
hes terrifying

##Vote gobunny

bunnys checked the thread 6 times and hasnt posted.

string him up

xorxes

#160 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:15 am

Kitsune wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:49 am
Well if we're basing our behaviour based on past games, then the main thing that says about me is that I'm not playing XD

Since I am, I look forward to learning on the fly.

Full disclosure, I do have some small history of sucking at Werewolf, but I suspect all the early lynching was at least in part because I had a stash of sencha green tea from my grandparents and would end up bringing everyone a round of drinks later.

Since that's off the table, I look forward to getting brutally killed for my ingame mistakes this time.
Maybe I misunderstood what you said, but I thought you said that we should not take the order in which you vote as an indication of anything, I asked what did you think we would take it as an indication of, and now you are just saying that you are new.

What do you think we can learn from the order in which people place their vote? Do you think it's something we should focus on?