MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#121 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:47 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:31 am
neph, who in particular was toxic and egotistical that ruined your experience.

The culture of webdip mafia is that this is a challenging place to play with people who care a lot about furthering their skills at the game
I'll count myself in the 'toxic group' for being brutally honest and calling stuff as I see it with little regard to how people take it.

brainbomb

#122 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:48 am

worcej produced 13 posts.
every one of them was a sarcastic response that did nothing to evaluate anyones alignment whatsoever.

worcej is scum

worcej

#123 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:48 am

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:37 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:25 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:22 am

It's not definitely but highly likely, I don't find this community engaging or logical anymore. Everything is secondary to people's egos and I don't find it that enjoyable.

This game is to see whether my thoughts still hold up
On no :(

So basically all the good people went away and the remaining logical people are sadly going away with that as well, leaving behind the idiots like me and the emotional people

this will be an interesting future lol
Haha na, you're good fun, although some more self-confidence wouldn't go amiss, you aren't actually a bad player you just think you are. (Believe in yourself my son <3)

Its more shit like no one willing to make a case against the "good" people. Its infuriating and makes negative sense.

There are a few overly large individual egos although in general they are possible to ignore
Who are the "good" people and what makes them good? Legit want to hear your opinion on this.

Kitsune

#124 Post by Kitsune » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:49 am

Well if we're basing our behaviour based on past games, then the main thing that says about me is that I'm not playing XD

Since I am, I look forward to learning on the fly.

Full disclosure, I do have some small history of sucking at Werewolf, but I suspect all the early lynching was at least in part because I had a stash of sencha green tea from my grandparents and would end up bringing everyone a round of drinks later.

Since that's off the table, I look forward to getting brutally killed for my ingame mistakes this time.

Vaporwave

#125 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:49 am

The thing with xorxes: he appeared with a very accelerating post, he was voting hastily, I'm not used to seeing this sort of aggro vibe from him

My initial reaction was him randing scum again and trying a different tactic because people have seen his complacent state when he's in scum mode

However, his latest posts give me pause, I'm not sure what to think, maybe I'm meeting again town xorxes and I shouldn't rush in sticking a label on him so early

worcej

#126 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:50 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:41 am
worcej youre playing from the point of view of thumbing thru the thread looking for things to make snark about.

whys that?
Because this is what I do? That's a silly question, you of all people should understand what I am doing.

brainbomb

#127 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:50 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:50 am
brainbomb wrote:
worcej youre playing from the point of view of thumbing thru the thread looking for things to make snark about.

whys that?
Because this is what I do? That's a silly question, you of all people should understand what I am doing.
oh yea?

worcej

#128 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:51 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:48 am
every one of them was a sarcastic response that did nothing to evaluate anyones alignment whatsoever.

worcej is scum
Every one of them? Try harder.

xorxes

#129 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:52 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:43 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:37 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:27 am
Also, welcome Kit :D

and wtf Vapor lol
this start so far is pretty weird from him, and that's considering how there's already a standard range of that for him which is normal
Last time Vapor defended you like crazy. Shouldn't you be a bit more sympathetical when people are piling on to him now?
There's sympathy and there's wondering what he's doing with his tone, sudden increase in emoji usage, and statement that he would limit and monitor his post number, which in the past was a very large scumtell for him lol

He didn't defend me as town iirc, he defended the habitual late voting, which is NAI and something I appreciated, but not sure how that relates to this scenario at all
OK. I think he always uses emoji a lot. What's odd is he hasn't said anything about a towncore.

brainbomb

#130 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:52 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:51 am
brainbomb wrote:

worcej is scum
quote for me a post where you sincerely reached a thought about someones alignment

worcej

#131 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:52 am

brainbomb wrote:
worcej wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

whys that?
oh yea?
I would hope you could see what I am doing at this point. But then again, maybe you are blind to it.

Nephthys

#132 Post by Nephthys » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:53 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:43 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:22 am
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:20 am
It's not definitely but highly likely, I don't find this community engaging or logical anymore. Everything is secondary to people's egos and I don't find it that enjoyable.

This game is to see whether my thoughts still hold up
TBF, your arguments for 'not logical' are only based on the facts that people who are town make poor decisions because of the lack of information in front of them.

Not engaging? Maybe post more - you've been seriously lackluster since your initial games in terms of engagement with the game.
Somewhat true, however I often find myself following people's cases right up until the last second where their conclusion is just weird...

Perhaps true, I fundamentally cant devote the amount of time I did for the earlier games, IRL changes mean that I have a significantly high demand on my time than I did.

worcej

#133 Post by worcej » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:53 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:52 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:51 am
brainbomb wrote:

worcej is scum
quote for me a post where you sincerely reached a thought about someones alignment
Go to the third one.

brainbomb

#134 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:55 am

worcej
Day-1 45:29
page 5 / orig
↑Vaporwave: ":o Stop before I stomp on you

Let's have fun, a warm up session. When more people post, then we'll become serious ;)"

People who make a point to force the joke phase usually are trying to cover for the fact they're trying to hard at the joke phase
This looks more like shade than the impetus for accusation.

xorxes

#135 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:56 am

brainbomb wrote:

worcej is scum
He did evaluate me as town. I guess that's something scum worcej would probably do though.

e.m.c^42

#136 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:57 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:52 am
OK. I think he always uses emoji a lot. What's odd is he hasn't said anything about a towncore.
From someone who uses emoticons a good amount, there are more than usual clumped together, lol

Nephthys

#137 Post by Nephthys » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:58 am

brainbomb wrote:

The culture of webdip mafia is that this is a challenging place to play with people who care a lot about furthering their skills at the game
I find Jamie and Durga to be the top of my list with regards to ego etc. I get this is a game where manipulation plays a large role although I just severely disagree with the extent to which players take it. For example, damo gets endlessly so much more shit than he deserve's to the point where it is nearly abusive (esp when he was probs the best town imo from last game)

I've honestly found, of the existing players when I joined, only you, Squigs and CJG were particularly welcoming and really showed any sort of interest in diversifying the player base.

I find the culture here to be purely individualistic, there is no desire to bring in new players and provide any assistance to bettering the community as a whole.

Vaporwave

#138 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:58 am

Towncore? How can there be a towncore without Vecna :cry:

Will think about it because we've only just started

No scumlean on anyone, a bit wary of foodcoats

Bozo seems standard so far

xorxes

#139 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:58 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:49 am
The thing with xorxes: he appeared with a very accelerating post, he was voting hastily, I'm not used to seeing this sort of aggro vibe from him

My initial reaction was him randing scum again and trying a different tactic because people have seen his complacent state when he's in scum mode

However, his latest posts give me pause, I'm not sure what to think, maybe I'm meeting again town xorxes and I shouldn't rush in sticking a label on him so early
Good plan.

brainbomb

#140 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:00 am

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:58 am
brainbomb wrote:

I find Jamie and Durga to be the top of my list with regards to ego etc. I get this is a game where manipulation plays a large role although I just severely disagree with the extent to which players take it. For example, damo gets endlessly so much more shit than he deserve's to the point where it is nearly abusive (esp when he was probs the best town imo from last game)

I've honestly found, of the existing players when I joined, only you, Squigs and CJG were particularly welcoming and really showed any sort of interest in diversifying the player base.

I find the culture here to be purely individualistic, there is no desire to bring in new players and provide any assistance to bettering the community as a whole.
I agree that its been toxic.
but damo pretty regularly implies im a horrible person who never gets amything right, and thus I should be disregarded entirely.

you had me on the rest of it though