Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DiplomacyandWarfare

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#2701 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Thu May 09, 2024 11:48 pm

Anyways I gtg have a life. You should try it sometime, sweet.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2702 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu May 09, 2024 11:49 pm

##vote Bozo

I mostly want to flip Bozo or Vecna. Somebody please join me. I'm town, and I don't like all the shouting.

sweetandcool

#2703 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 09, 2024 11:54 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:49 pm
##vote Bozo

I mostly want to flip Bozo or Vecna. Somebody please join me. I'm town, and I don't like all the shouting.
I'm down for Vecna or Dip.

I might be convinced to do something crazy like Bozo or Sparta.

Why don't we coordinate with Town Bunny? I know Bunny wants Pirate, but surely he could give us one or two other options.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2704 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu May 09, 2024 11:55 pm

Why do you think it would be crazy to flip Bozo?

sweetandcool

#2705 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 09, 2024 11:55 pm

DiplomacyandWarfare wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:48 pm
Anyways I gtg have a life. You should try it sometime, sweet.
No need to be hostile, this is just a game.

I'm sorry if I have said anything that hurt your feelings. You can be assured that I scumread you only in game, it's completely separate from real life.

Bonatogether

#2706 Post by Bonatogether » Thu May 09, 2024 11:57 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:42 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:38 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:33 pm
Hey Bona, if I can present a case that convinces you beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would not bus Will D1, would you be convinced I am not scum?

Or are there other greater reasons?
a self-case?

is there a more definitional case of wifom?
Yeah yeah, I get that. But N2 I thought of an ironclad case.
why did you not post it asap then

sweetandcool

#2707 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 09, 2024 11:58 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:55 pm
Why do you think it would be crazy to flip Bozo?
Anything that's not my top two scumreads is "crazy".

Bonatogether

#2708 Post by Bonatogether » Thu May 09, 2024 11:58 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:43 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

a self-case?

Because from an outside perspective it should be incredibly obvious sweetabdcool wouldn't bus D1. Absolutely not.
clearly i can't take the wine in front of me

Bonatogether

#2709 Post by Bonatogether » Thu May 09, 2024 11:59 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:54 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:49 pm
##vote Bozo

I'm down for Vecna or Dip.

I might be convinced to do something crazy like Bozo or Sparta.

Why don't we coordinate with Town Bunny? I know Bunny wants Pirate, but surely he could give us one or two other options.
is this not open-wolfing in the thread? this is not a towncore in the sense of a broad consensus, mutual agreement type thing, but rather two players are declaring themselves the towncore and trying to coordinate votes around it

sweetandcool

#2710 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 10, 2024 12:01 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:57 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

a self-case?

why did you not post it asap then
I will
Unfortunately I am unable to at this moment. Aboto go out on a date.

I will post it after

bozotheclown

#2711 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 10, 2024 1:02 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:26 pm
Maybe.

I've been in that position, as Scum a few times. I have felt like the last thing I want to do is try to save a teammate who appears to be going down in the last five minutes. So, if it's Scum!worcej, I think he'd be more likely to vote for JustWill in that instance, without having solid reasons in thread to go some place else.
This is why I think kingofthepirates could have been bussing. I don't know how much mafia experience he has, but I am confident he would understand this, and he also let himself the option to move his Just vote.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2712 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri May 10, 2024 1:45 am

I need to work on this narrative based on my reading now that we don't have bot information for the time being.

Picking this up with Balki disagreeing with Bunny on the impact of losing GF and how King may have contributed to it.

Sweet asserts it doesn't hold water based on King's experience. (I would jive with this).

Big defensive wall post by King. (I confess I haven't read the whole thing; not sure why.)

Worcej with rocksteadfastness of "Brian is mafia; kill him" to Bunny.

Oh...we have a bot back. (I haven't looked).

Hamilton Brian learns that he is worcej's highest scumread. (Man, is he going to be disappointed).

Balki with the "How do you square ScumHamilton with TownDamo kill?" toward worcej.

Not sure I understand worcej's question to Balki: "Yet I would bus the GF when I could’ve not?"

Balki's reply affirms my belief that worcej bussed since it was the opportune time.

Worcej gives a somewhat decent argument about why I should be killed. I think I explained my crumbs well and my rationale even if worcej vehemently disagrees with what I did.

Defensive retort by worcej to Balki about focusing on worcej's potential bus.

Worcej scums Vecna and Jamie. (I'll sit with worcej on this one, though it doesn't track that I think worcej might be mafia and one of the two of the others might be as well).

And with the 2620th game post, Balki asserts their belief that the worcej vote on Just is more scum-motivated than not.

Sorry for these summaries but it's the only way I'll be able to keep track in game while bot is kerplunked.

worcej

#2713 Post by worcej » Fri May 10, 2024 4:48 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:45 am
I need to work on this narrative based on my reading now that we don't have bot information for the time being.

Picking this up with Balki disagreeing with Bunny on the impact of losing GF and how King may have contributed to it.

Sweet asserts it doesn't hold water based on King's experience. (I would jive with this).

Big defensive wall post by King. (I confess I haven't read the whole thing; not sure why.)

Hamilton Brian learns that he is worcej's highest scumread. (Man, is he going to be disappointed).

Balki with the "How do you square ScumHamilton with TownDamo kill?" toward worcej.

Not sure I understand worcej's question to Balki: "Yet I would bus the GF when I could’ve not?"

Balki's reply affirms my belief that worcej bussed since it was the opportune time.

Worcej gives a somewhat decent argument about why I should be killed. I think I explained my crumbs well and my rationale even if worcej vehemently disagrees with what I did.

Worcej scums Vecna and Jamie. (I'll sit with worcej on this one, though it doesn't track that I think worcej might be mafia and one of the two of the others might be as well).

And with the 2620th game post, Balki asserts their belief that the worcej vote on Just is more scum-motivated than not.

Sorry for these summaries but it's the only way I'll be able to keep track in game while bot is kerplunked.
I love how the community has shifted from “scum wouldn’t bus” to “scum will bus because that is the best time” after Will’s one game of bussing.

The problem with the bus theory on me is because I had just as equal opportunity to save will by voting outside of him and making another wagon possible.

sweetandcool

#2714 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 10, 2024 4:52 am

worcej wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:48 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:45 am

I love how the community has shifted from “scum wouldn’t bus” to “scum will bus because that is the best time” after Will’s one game of bussing.

The problem with the bus theory on me is because I had just as equal opportunity to save will by voting outside of him and making another wagon possible.
I guess the problem is that since you have been low posting they don't have much else to go on.

Sometimes you do some pretty good work and manage to solve well.

I know you really want to flip Ham and are hung up on that, but could you set that aside for a moment to consider who the two other scums are?

sweetandcool

#2715 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 am

A sordid affair: The history of sweetandcool as Mafia

1. My first game as Mafia, M83, I got axed D1 by Ham. Okay, tough go, but I'll be ready next time.

2. My second game as Mafia, M84, my ENTIRE team of ghug, worcej, and Will hellbussed me into oblivion on D1. I was a bit upset that yet again I didn't get to really participate as Mafia, but at least I helped my team win.

3. My third game as Mafia, M86, Will unnecessarily bussed me to death on D1, despite me being the Godfather. After I entered the God Thread I was so upset I talked about just taking a very long break from the game. Worcej and probably others can vouch for how terribly upset I was.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, after all of that disappointment and anger over being bussed and not allowed to even enter the Mafia Chat and have fun making plans with my teammates, I decide this game to bus the Godfather of my team?

Absolutely not.

To believe I would do something like that you would have to believe:

Case 1: I wanted to get payback at Will.

Case 2: I came up with the genius plan of ignoring my feelings and natural mental state to bus my GF knowing that I could absolve myself of being a potential busser by posting this amazingly convincing argument.

Case 3: I'm secretly some sort of unfeeling psychopath.

Case 4: ???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In conclusion, anyone who thinks I would have bussed Will D1 either thinks incredibly highly of me or just doesn't understand basic human behavior.

sweetandcool

#2716 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 10, 2024 5:52 am

Final thought:

I think Mafia killed damo because they thought he was Cop and had scanned Ham as Town.

I think the RB is fake. Mafia could RB outed Cop, but RB randomly doesn't tell them whether they blocked Cop, it just creates pseudo clears.

Consequently, I think Sparta is our final guy.

Alternatively, as I stated a while ago, it's possible Mafia killed damo to make it look like they thought damo was Cop who Town scanned Town Ham, when in reality they knew he hadn't scanned Ham because Ham is the final Mafia. So they NK him to convince us of the former scenario, falsely absolving Ham, and they RB Sparta hoping that he is the Cop.

I lean towards the former case, but the latter is possible as well.

Vecna

#2717 Post by Vecna » Fri May 10, 2024 6:56 am

I was completely off your case for a bit there, but those posts actually made me feel its much more likely you did in fact bus Will.

You trying to pass it off like its completely unrealistic that you'd feel its your turn now to get a good game as scum by getting some early bus cred after Will did it twice to you, because of some emotional argument simply does not fly as evidence, because thats just your words which we have no way of checking.

Moreso, you acting like the decision of whether to bus or not was some decision in a vacuum that was only based on your dislike from it happened to you in the past is also completely dishonest, because Will was getting deathtunneled by certain people and it was obvious that Bona was gonna crusade for that wagon to the death.

Also, even without reading today at all, that final thought has been stated at least a few times already in different words.

Vecna

#2718 Post by Vecna » Fri May 10, 2024 6:57 am

is sweet actually a wagon for that posting to occur?

Vecna

#2719 Post by Vecna » Fri May 10, 2024 7:02 am

playing this game without the bot on a time budget is highly annoying

Vecna

#2720 Post by Vecna » Fri May 10, 2024 7:03 am

at least i learned that jamiet had a date with a bottle of whiskey last night