Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#2601 Post by BunnyGo » Thu May 09, 2024 8:00 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:54 pm
I'm not sold on that BunnyGo. I think I'd feel less confident in this read if JustWill were a goon. Losing Godfather on Day 1 is just a big loss for the bad guys. I feel like the "Pirate might have bussed godfather" to be the sort of tinfoil we should not be entertaining for a while. Maybe until we only have one mischop left.
Tell me a story then.

Tell me a story of your scum read and of your town read.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

sweetandcool

#2602 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 09, 2024 8:01 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
I'm not sold on that BunnyGo. I think I'd feel less confident in this read if JustWill were a goon. Losing Godfather on Day 1 is just a big loss for the bad guys. I feel like the "Pirate might have bussed godfather" to be the sort of tinfoil we should not be entertaining for a while. Maybe until we only have one mischop left.
As a new player, Pirate would be more likely to undervalue the GF. So this argument doesn't carry weight.

I can tell you from personal experience.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2603 Post by Chaqa » Thu May 09, 2024 8:10 pm

M88 Day 4 Vote Count 2
worcej (3): Jamiet99uk, Balki Bartokomous, Hamilton Brian
kingofthepirates (2): BunnyGo [END], bozotheclown
Hamilton Brian (2): worcej [END], Bonatogether
DiplomacyandWarfare (1): sweetandcool

Need to vote: kingofthepirates, DiplomacyandWarfare, Spartaculous, Vecna

Currently WORCEJ is set to be killed.

Just under a day remains

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#2604 Post by kingofthepirates » Thu May 09, 2024 8:13 pm

Alight bunny, I found it. let's tackle this bit by bit, and sorry for this massive post...
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 1:56 am
I'll add:

first vote was a hedge
kingofthepirates wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:37 pm
In case sweet returns, this will change, but for now:

##vote sweet
I guess you could call it a hedge, but it was a very legitimate vote. sweet's actions were in my eyes very random and not helpful. I considered them anti-town. and I did change my vote when sweet came back.
BunnyGo wrote:
unvote was wishy washy
kingofthepirates wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:53 pm
rest of post snipped, doesn't seem relevant
##UNVOTE
I'm not sure what you expected. I followed through with my previous statement. sweet came back, I unvoted. simple as that. If you want to discuss other content in this post, make that clear too.
BunnyGo wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:28 pm
It’s starting to get weird in here. Should we just hammer one of the new guys?
actual vote on Just was hedgy.
discussed previously. I wanted answers, that's why I asked about reasons for both sides. [/quote]
BunnyGo wrote:
Most of Day 1 ISO looked like anchor posts. And had more strange interactions with Balki than just what bozo already posted:
kingofthepirates wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:45 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:43 pm
Hi friends. I'm here. I don't have anything interesting to say other than that.
thoughts on sweet's vote on you? especially after the random number
Just some questions to spark interaction, nothing wrong with that I hope? Simply poking around to see what reactions I could get. I also hadn't drawn the conclusion that it was based on order in the bot (alphabetically), and thought the number had some kind of meaning.
BunnyGo wrote:

(go look at page 4 for that interaction in full--including food making king nervous)
Like this shortly after:
kingofthepirates wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:46 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:31 pm
whats the logic behind voting food then?
? I am not voting food…?
My logic for voting sweet is that the behavior very random, and non participation and the lack of explanation is plain annoying. If something else comes up, I’m perfectly happy changing my vote.
food didn't make me nervous at all, I'm not sure what you're talking about. I wasn't voting food at the time, which is my first sentence confusion. if you're refeerring to my responce to food's lazy voting comment, I was unsure why I looked bad (I don't think I saw anything at the time), and I was attempting to justify my vote, something that I think is completely fair and logical.
BunnyGo wrote:
voted Will out of NOWHERE. He's a possible busser. There was enough time left and enough other wagons. He even shaded the Bona wagon with 6 minutes to go right AFTER ghug moved from Bona to damo putting Just in the lead. Looked like he was trying to talk people onto damo.
I was not trying to talk people onto damo, if you take a look, damo isn't mentioned at all, so I have no clue where you got that from. I'd been defending damo earlier as well, so yeah, I'm completely lost as to where you got this from. I was just trying to get people of bona (town read of mine, obviously).
BunnyGo wrote:
Then look at day 2. Hedgy vote on Sparta. Unvoted for some unknown reason.
Voted LoW for disappearing....then disappeared.
Buddied me when I pushed him on it...then disappeared again.
overall busy that weekend, studying for ap gov. sparta vote unvote has been explained before, so I will not further discuss. Lord vote ws for disappearing, true. I'm not sure what you're trying to say after stating that I disappeared. Are you implying that me scumming someone out for disappearing then disappearing myself makes me scum? the circumstances are very differnt, LoW promised a reads list which was never posted until later and pressure from multiple players. I did make any such promise. can't tell what the last line is talking about, I wasn't particularly buddying you? please be more specific as to where I was doing that, and I can explain. I definitely didn't do any buddying on purpose though.

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:47 pm
Just to be absolutely clear, Sparrow, is Bozo your dad?
No, I am not at all related to bozo, out of game at least. no clue what the GM plans in game. I will say that I know of bona out of game, and the 'bacon number' between us is 2. Never actually met each other though.
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:49 pm
He did waffle quite a bit that game. Unvoted and whatnot. But look at the oozing confidence in that post early D1.
A fresh start and a small light before ap season, I was more upbeat and cheerful. It was for a for bit too, so I'm not sure why you're looking so far into that.
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2605 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu May 09, 2024 8:34 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:00 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tell me a story then.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. And also, I'm not a coin-operated kiddie ride.

worcej

#2606 Post by worcej » Thu May 09, 2024 8:56 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:18 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:01 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:07 am
Worcej has been super low energy all game.

That can be scum Worcej.

##Vote Worcej.
I have been low energy because I have been very clear we need to kill Ham and you (and other town) have not been listening.
What do you make of my case not to?
I don’t agree with it.

DiplomacyandWarfare

#2607 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Thu May 09, 2024 8:57 pm

Nice to see the bot's back up. I'm a bit behind, haven't been on for about 20 hours.

DiplomacyandWarfare

#2608 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Thu May 09, 2024 8:58 pm

Well, not on and up-to-date. I think I posted sometime around 8-9 hours ago?

worcej

#2609 Post by worcej » Thu May 09, 2024 8:59 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
worcej wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:04 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:00 pm
My case against worcej is twofold:

1. He has seemed pretty tuned out, and hasn't contributed much of use.

2. The timing of his vote on JustWill seemed just about perfect for a wolfie trying to jump on a doomed partner's wagon.
#1 is because I am traveling for work and is standard. The assumption that I am this massive post count player needs to be washed from all your minds. I am also just flabbergasted at how HB is being left around still and not going to be sorted out.

#2 is a valid argument, which I acknowledged earlier in the game, and don’t have any argument against it. When you see my flip, you’ll know.
No one is assuming you are a "massive post count player."

Try to solve, and be reasonable. That's not an impossible standard.
I have been very reasonable with my opinion on HB - you just don’t agree.

I am unfortunately not in a fundamental position to “solve” if you’re unwilling to go after my highest scum read. I think it’s far more unreasonable to expect me to do what you explicitly want when you haven’t willingly entertained mine yet.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2610 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:59 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
worcej wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:04 pm
#1 is because I am traveling for work and is standard. The assumption that I am this massive post count player needs to be washed from all your minds. I am also just flabbergasted at how HB is being left around still and not going to be sorted out.

#2 is a valid argument, which I acknowledged earlier in the game, and don’t have any argument against it. When you see my flip, you’ll know.

I am unfortunately not in a fundamental position to “solve” if you’re unwilling to go after my highest scum read. I think it’s far more unreasonable to expect me to do what you explicitly want when you haven’t willingly entertained mine yet.
How do you square your Scum Hamilton read with the Damo kill last night? Do you agree that scum were hunting for Cop? Do you think it makes sense that Scum would think Damo was cop if Hamilton were Scum?

worcej

#2611 Post by worcej » Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Yet I would bus the GF when I could’ve not?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2612 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu May 09, 2024 9:07 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
As I recall, you voted for JustWIll in the last five minutes when he appeared already cooked. So your move is very consistent with someone who wanted to get on that wagon to claim credit later, at a time when you figured that JustWill could not be saved.

worcej

#2613 Post by worcej » Thu May 09, 2024 9:08 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
worcej wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:59 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

How do you square your Scum Hamilton read with the Damo kill last night? Do you agree that scum were hunting for Cop? Do you think it makes sense that Scum would think Damo was cop if Hamilton were Scum?
I’ve explained the HB side enough.

I think the scum team are doing whatever the heck they can right now to keep HB around and find the actual cop. If the actual cop dies, there are still enough people with the opinion that HB is town, so the cop flip doesn’t do anything to resolve HB.

The scum are blind firing and spreading the RB off the kill to prevent two actions. I also wouldn’t be shocked if an RB is being claimed by a scum at some point either.

What I cannot get behind or away from is HB making those crumbs. I 100% do not believe that a town HB would do that and use it how he has.

worcej

#2614 Post by worcej » Thu May 09, 2024 9:12 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:07 pm
worcej wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
As I recall, you voted for JustWIll in the last five minutes when he appeared already cooked. So your move is very consistent with someone who wanted to get on that wagon to claim credit later, at a time when you figured that JustWill could not be saved.
I just find it interesting that you won’t consider one bus but entertain mine more.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2615 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu May 09, 2024 9:15 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
worcej wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Just confirming now:

M88 Day 1 Final Vote Count:
JustAGuyNamedWill (7): sweetandcool, Bonatogether, rdrivera2005, kingofthepirates, worcej, BunnyGo, ghug
damo666 (3): Spartaculous, Balki Bartokomous, Hamilton Brian
Bonatogether (3): JustAGuyNamedWill, Jamiet99uk, Vecna
Spartaculous (3): brainbomb, bozotheclown, foodcoats
sweetandcool (1): damo666

worcej voted JustWill for the first time with five minutes to go in the phase, when JustWIll had already pulled into the lead. That would be quite a classic bus.

worcej

#2616 Post by worcej » Thu May 09, 2024 9:16 pm

My secondary scum read continues to be Vecna - but we also seem meh about going for him either.

I want to scum Jaime for his opinion of me, as he has my FB and would know I am business traveling (assuming he is on it more than not like I think I do), so he feels opportunistic. Ultimately this is all OMGUS with no in-game merit.

BunnyGo

#2617 Post by BunnyGo » Thu May 09, 2024 9:17 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:34 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:00 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tell me a story then.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. And also, I'm not a coin-operated kiddie ride.
Stop just poo-pooing my reads. Start telling me a story of your view of the game.

DANCE MONKEY!🐒

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

worcej

#2618 Post by worcej » Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:15 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
worcej wrote:
Just confirming now:

M88 Day 1 Final Vote Count:
JustAGuyNamedWill (7): sweetandcool, Bonatogether, rdrivera2005, kingofthepirates, worcej, BunnyGo, ghug
damo666 (3): Spartaculous, Balki Bartokomous, Hamilton Brian
Bonatogether (3): JustAGuyNamedWill, Jamiet99uk, Vecna
Spartaculous (3): brainbomb, bozotheclown, foodcoats
sweetandcool (1): damo666

worcej voted JustWill for the first time with five minutes to go in the phase, when JustWIll had already pulled into the lead. That would be quite a classic bus.
I cannot use the bot explicitly but my memory is Bona was 1 vote away and I was explicitly stating I towned him on D1. I approach D1 more about finding town than scum and accepting that they are kept alive.

BunnyGo

#2619 Post by BunnyGo » Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:56 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
worcej wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:01 pm
I have been low energy because I have been very clear we need to kill Ham and you (and other town) have not been listening.
What do you make of my case not to?
I don’t agree with it.
Ok. Why scum kill damo and “RB” Sparta?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2620 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu May 09, 2024 9:19 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:12 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
worcej wrote:
I just find it interesting that you won’t consider one bus but entertain mine more.
I have considered both quite a lot. I have also explained why I think your vote on JustWill is much more likely to come from scum than KingPirate's vote on JustWIll.

Just because you both ended up voting for the same person does not mean we should consider those votes the same way. There is a lot more context to take into account, which is what I have considered and explained.

Have you read my discussion of the context? Specificaly, the timing of the votes, the vote counts when you each made the votes, and the relative experience levels of the players making the votes? What are your thoughts on what I have said about those topics