A new RPG idea

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chairpusher

Re: A new RPG idea

#121 Post by Chairpusher » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:23 pm

Efax the barrel

1. Begins to roll and crushes the rocket launcher for evermore. Filling with a strange light once he has done so;

2. He draws in the faded Document and keeps it hidden inside with the map;

3. Rolls out of the Town Hall and down the street at speed.

mOctave

#122 Post by mOctave » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:28 am

In this game, I don't think a TPK is possible...

Qlik rolls around on the floor.

Then, he suddenly rolls back through the fourth dimension, intersecting his previous self and returning to human form and returning 3.7 seconds later in the same way he returned in Round 9.

Then, the rocket launcher fires again, this time at aimed inexplicably at the remnants of its previous/still to be self.

Pengwinja

#123 Post by Pengwinja » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:02 pm

mOctave wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:28 am

Then, he suddenly rolls back through the fourth dimension, intersecting his previous self and returning to human form and returning 3.7 seconds later in the same way he returned in Round 9.

Then, the rocket launcher fires again, this time at aimed inexplicably at the remnants of its previous/still to be self.
“Hey! Watch where you’re aiming your rockets!” The chess game now has a biblically accurate Kirby in the center of the board.

Chairpusher

#124 Post by Chairpusher » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 pm

Efax smiled knowing that his bite was leading to Qlik having illusions.

Pengwinja

#125 Post by Pengwinja » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:15 pm

Chairpusher wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 pm
And I thought Darrel was the one obsessed with eating people.

Diplomacy&Warfare

#126 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:34 pm

Pengwinja wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:02 pm
mOctave wrote:

“Hey! Watch where you’re aiming your rockets!” The chess game now has a biblically accurate Kirby in the center of the board.
Please confirm this is not a post meant for the anarchy chess thread.

Pengwinja

#127 Post by Pengwinja » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:07 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:34 pm
Pengwinja wrote:
mOctave wrote:

Please confirm this is not a post meant for the anarchy chess thread.
It’s a reference to it. I turned into a chessboard because I am lonely, so I am playing the Anarchy chess game by myself because I can.

Diplomacy&Warfare

#128 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:58 am

Pengwinja wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:05 pm
In the meantime I transform into a chessboard, and start playing a game by myself. The chess game seems to have transformed after someone attacked the moon.
Pengwinja wrote:
mOctave wrote:

Congratulations. You are now referencing one absurdly chaotic thread in a another absurdly chaotic thread. You're still a barrel. Also, Numen phases out of reality and starts playing with you.
Chairpusher wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:23 pm
Efax the barrel

1. Begins to roll and crushes the rocket launcher for evermore. Filling with a strange light once he has done so;

2. He draws in the faded Document and keeps it hidden inside with the map;

3. Rolls out of the Town Hall and down the street at speed.
You break the rocket launcher, grab the faded and now charred document, and break out of the town hall. Several men with hammers, pitchforks, and flaming torches running toward the town halls see you.
"See, it's the possessed barrel I told you about."
"It's a mimic!"
"Mimics don't exist, you buffoon."
"Witch!"
"Witch!"
"Burn the witch!"
"Burn the barrel of witches!"
"Burn it!"

They throw several flaming torches at you and crowd around, poking you with pitchforks.
mOctave wrote:

Here's my interpretation of this chaos:
1: Exit reality
2: Return to reality in a different place, reset to the position and state you were in turn 9, before action 1 was taken
3: Shoot the newly reloaded and non-crushed rocket launcher at yourself

You explode yourself in the past, causing a grandfather paradox (it's really more like Sarkhan Vol from Magic: The Gathering though). This causes some stuff I'll explain at the end of the post.

Numen has vanished from time and space and is now playing chess with Darrel.

Chairpusher wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 pm
They're not illusions. The reality of time and space has been split.

Round 11
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are now two parallel realities: One in which Qlik exists and did not get blown up but instead blew up the Qlik in the other reality.
What this means is that Qlik is alive in reality #1 and dead in reality #2.
Due to time-space forced singulacontinuity errors, you must take the same actions in both realities. This includes Qlik, and therefore Qlik is now in a superposition between dead and alive in both realities. Due to there being no difference between these two realities, they fuse into one.

In summary, Qlik is in a superposition between dead and alive until directly observed. He is not directly observed unless someone either tries to kill him or bring him back from the dead, or unless someone takes an action to directly observe him.

Pengwinja

#129 Post by Pengwinja » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:43 pm

I really want out of this area, but there is one problem. Because Qlik went Schrödinger's Cat on everyone, I see two different realities, and I don’t know which one to enter. Apparently, Numen is with me so I ask him which one to go in.

DarthPorg36

#130 Post by DarthPorg36 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:48 pm

Confused about what has just happened, Aelvyn also decides to go with Numen, and figure out how to undo the Schrodinger's Cat Qlik

Pengwinja

#131 Post by Pengwinja » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:55 pm

DarthPorg36 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:48 pm
Confused about what has just happened, Aelvyn also decides to go with Numen, and figure out how to undo the Schrodinger's Cat Qlik
Isn’t Numen also with me, outside of time?

Pengwinja

#132 Post by Pengwinja » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:02 pm

I have an idea, we erase one timeline via any means possible, and hope that it’s the one that qlik died in.

brainbomb

#133 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:58 pm

This all seems quite silly.

I shall file a lawsuit against the alternate reality claiming defamation of character

Chairpusher

#134 Post by Chairpusher » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:07 pm

Efax the barrel being surrounded decided to think on his feet:

1. Turning back to being his old Ranger self, he cried out "Witch" ! "No, my friends, Witch Finder it was the evil Qlik that did this to me". By circling me you have saved me from the evil ring he placed around me." Quickly the document in the hope it offered a way of the situation, but just in case he;

2. Falling to his knees and praising the light and the Earth Mother Efax, takes a quick look around, points to Qlik. "There goes the evil one, get him".

3. Moving behind the crowd, he moves quickly in the opposite direction.

Chairpusher

#135 Post by Chairpusher » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:23 pm

Efax was also fascinated as to why he had not burst into flames.

mOctave

#136 Post by mOctave » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:50 am

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:58 am
mOctave wrote:

Here's my interpretation of this chaos:
1: Exit reality
2: Return to reality in a different place, reset to the position and state you were in turn 9, before action 1 was taken
3: Shoot the newly reloaded and non-crushed rocket launcher at yourself

You explode yourself in the past, causing a grandfather paradox (it's really more like Sarkhan Vol from Magic: The Gathering though). This causes some stuff I'll explain at the end of the post.
There are now two parallel realities: One in which Qlik exists and did not get blown up but instead blew up the Qlik in the other reality.
What this means is that Qlik is alive in reality #1 and dead in reality #2.
Due to time-space forced singulacontinuity errors, you must take the same actions in both realities. This includes Qlik, and therefore Qlik is now in a superposition between dead and alive in both realities. Due to there being no difference between these two realities, they fuse into one.

In summary, Qlik is in a superposition between dead and alive until directly observed. He is not directly observed unless someone either tries to kill him or bring him back from the dead, or unless someone takes an action to directly observe him.
Oh dear. I guess I should have been more clear, but I thought the rocket launcher was aimed at itself, not at Qlik's self. Since that evidently didn't happen, and time has been seriously messed up...

The dead version of Qlik:
- contemplates immortality and the existence of a soul
- wanders around looking for Kirby on a chess board
- observes himself

The living version of Qlik:
- casts "Prevent Idiocy" on Efax
- searches the ruins of the inn for a keg of alcohol
- if he finds one, and the barkeeper is still hanging around, buys all the witch-hunters a round of drinks

mOctave

#137 Post by mOctave » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:51 am

Scratch that, I should have read the instructions more carefully. Flip a coin for each pair of actions to take.

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#138 Post by kingofthepirates » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:12 am

Numen is rather confused, since the intricacies of time and space do not often appear in relation to music. Nervous, Numen turns to Qlik, since as the source of the issue at hand, Qlik probably knows more than Numen about what to do. Numen is also nervously twirling a drum stick between their fingers (NOT the food kind), to help calm down a bit.
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

Pengwinja

#139 Post by Pengwinja » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:46 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:12 am
Numen is rather confused, since the intricacies of time and space do not often appear in relation to music. Nervous, Numen turns to Qlik, since as the source of the issue at hand, Qlik probably knows more than Numen about what to do. Numen is also nervously twirling a drum stick between their fingers (NOT the food kind), to help calm down a bit.
Darrel turns into another drumstick to help Numen cool down more.

Kakarroto

#140 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:00 am

Aeraalys feels the rip in reality, a wound in the fabric of existence itself, and how the world itself tried to heal itself, but couldn't really. At first the pain of it run through her, the feel of yearning to be whole again, but it not being able to restore itself fully. It felt as it needed help. But who, who would be able to? If nothing is done, it would just rip again with the slightest of stress. Still, who could heal such a wound, she asked herself.

"Only the gods might do ..." she whispered, and gulped, since she knew this would be no small feat. But would it be enough? Would they help here? This is nothing like a normal broken bone or gashing wound of a warrior that was treated after fighting evil. This was not a normal prayer for protection, or blessing a mothers womb, this was the world itself that was in need of mending. A fear within her came up, of not being able to, of not properly asking the gods of what was needed to be done.

She took a deep breath, and concentrated. Focussed on the place where she always went when she needed help; the shining beacon of the great mother. The sanctuary of thought, the salvation of the ones in need. Another deep breath, then a feel of determination surged inside of her. She was here, right now. She was the only one that could do it. It just has to work.

She stood up, straightened her back, took up the position she so often assumed when praying, kneeling, both hands in front, a bit above her heart, open palms , her hands tilted as if she was holding a big cup, then taking a few deep breaths in again, focussing fully on the task before her, offering up all her mana, channeling it inside her, ready for the gods to use.

"Oh great mother, goddes of mending, oh great ruler of the world, oh gods of the sky and earth, please hear my plea. Please help us in this time of need. The world was wounded, hurt and scarred. We need your help to mend the world. Somebody was split, and hurt, and needs to be made whole again. Please, oh gods, help us in our dire need. Heal the rift in our reality and save the one known as Qlik Quicklï oh great gods, and ease the pain the world has taken. Oh please, great gods."