M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#41 Post by kgray » Mon May 18, 2020 10:56 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:53 pm
And by the way, I know there are lots of jokes in this phase - but I do genuinely find damoa actions suspicious.
Why? I doubt he thinks anyone will follow him onto xorxes based on that reasoning, and he's basically forcing himself to change his vote when xorxes starts posting. This would be a really terrible way to try to get a xorxes wagon going.

foodcoats

#42 Post by foodcoats » Mon May 18, 2020 11:05 pm

Let me tell ya, I enjoy a nice big game of mafia, but I really enjoy showing up three hours late and not having 10+ pages to catch up on.

Before I read... worcej, I did not get a chance to comment in the M55 thread at the end, but I really enjoyed the game. I entered it as someone with a baseless bias against mechanics and left with a very healthy appreciation for how important mechanical analysis can be. I think I'm a better Mafia player for it.

As a token of my appreciation, have a vote:

##VOTE worcej

foodcoats

#43 Post by foodcoats » Mon May 18, 2020 11:20 pm

It seems probable that in the mini-flashwagon against damo for making a silly, convoluted joke, one of worcej or Chaqa is scum. Only so many townies are going to be so blatantly opportunistic.

Between them, Chaqa's bald agreement looks a lot scummier - worcej just seems to be riffing on the joke. Chaqa also voted Nephthys for playing up the same playstyle as last game. Seems like scum trying to make something stick.

##VOTE Chaqa

foodcoats

#44 Post by foodcoats » Mon May 18, 2020 11:22 pm

kgray wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:56 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
And by the way, I know there are lots of jokes in this phase - but I do genuinely find damoa actions suspicious.
Why? I doubt he thinks anyone will follow him onto xorxes based on that reasoning, and he's basically forcing himself to change his vote when xorxes starts posting. This would be a really terrible way to try to get a xorxes wagon going.
Excellent point, kgray.

It's actually quite odd that Tom is immediately adamant in this read.

Tom, I am eager to hear your answer to kgray's question.

Jamiet99uk

#45 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon May 18, 2020 11:24 pm

VOTE COUNT 1.0

Damo666(3) - Tom Bombadil, Worcej, Chaqa
Worcej(1) - Nephthys(END)
Xorxes(1) - Damo666
Chaqa(1) - Foodcoats

Currently DAMO is set to be lynched.

45 hours and 35 minutes remain in Day One.

foodcoats

#46 Post by foodcoats » Mon May 18, 2020 11:24 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:01 pm
damo666 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:51 pm
I am policy voting the lowest poster until everyone has fulfilled their quota and will use reverse alphabetical to break ties

##vote Xorxes
I guess I will have to start posting then, don't want mighty Damo voting on me.
It's interesting that rdr didn't post anything after this. rdr, are you actually afraid of being voted? Or are you just not interested in solving the game? If so, why?

foodcoats

#47 Post by foodcoats » Mon May 18, 2020 11:28 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:05 pm
But on the topic of being quiet, please don't have any expectations of EMC having the same posting rate as last game, lmao, that was a temporary affliction
No need to go crazy, emc. But would you consider voting more frequently? It is your main weapon - if you are town.

Why don't you vote for someone when you reply to this post, and say why you are doing it.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#48 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon May 18, 2020 11:29 pm

To answer kgray:

I find (this is anecdotal- tbh I don’t know if the facts back this up or not, but I think they would) that even in joke phases, wagons can get started and stick. Let’s say two people followed onto xorxes. He becomes a wagon even if damo comes off.

It strikes me as odd that he moved from the bottom of the list up, and xorxes happens to be a player sum would LOVE to have mislynch Ed if he is town.

And even if xorx doesn’t get lynched, he becomes a wagon and anyone who is a wagon D1 will get the “someone protected his wagon” come d2.

Further if you are skeptical that people would follow damo and vote xorx, look how quickly people followed me onto damo

foodcoats

#49 Post by foodcoats » Mon May 18, 2020 11:34 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:29 pm
To answer kgray:

I find (this is anecdotal- tbh I don’t know if the facts back this up or not, but I think they would) that even in joke phases, wagons can get started and stick. Let’s say two people followed onto xorxes. He becomes a wagon even if damo comes off.

It strikes me as odd that he moved from the bottom of the list up, and xorxes happens to be a player sum would LOVE to have mislynch Ed if he is town.

And even if xorx doesn’t get lynched, he becomes a wagon and anyone who is a wagon D1 will get the “someone protected his wagon” come d2.

Further if you are skeptical that people would follow damo and vote xorx, look how quickly people followed me onto damo
But wouldn't this apply to any votes made so far? Do you think that all the votes preceding damo's are scummy as well? What makes damo's vote scummy but the votes by Chaqa and Nephthys not-scummy? Or are they exactly the scum team?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#50 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon May 18, 2020 11:53 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:34 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
To answer kgray:

But wouldn't this apply to any votes made so far? Do you think that all the votes preceding damo's are scummy as well? What makes damo's vote scummy but the votes by Chaqa and Nephthys not-scummy? Or are they exactly the scum team?
What is scummy is I feel like it was a constructed reason to vote xorxes specifically.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#51 Post by kgray » Tue May 19, 2020 12:07 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
I just really don't think anyone would follow damo onto xorxes here...
If I were scum I'd be just as happy getting bozo lynched as xorxes, assuming they're both town. And actually, based on the last two times damo was scum, I'd assume scum!damo would rather keep xorxes alive since xorxes seems to always townread damo.
This is a good point. But, again, it requires xorxes to become an actual wagon first, and I can't see damo actually thinking it would happen.
Well, for one thing, your vote on damo was for a legitimate reason, whereas damo's was a policy/joke vote. And also, no offense meant to damo, but I think you've got a bit more of an influence than he does. I've never even played with you but I'm familiar with your reputation as a good player.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#52 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue May 19, 2020 12:17 am

I do see where you are coming from.

I guess my issue is that his post clearly isn't a joke, so that can't explain it. I guess you could say its a policy vote, but if you don't think people would follow damo to xorxes, you certainly wouldn't think damos "policy" vote holds any water and would actually succeed in getting people to speak.

Obviously I didn't follow the last two games, so I can't speak specifically to the bozo/xorx argument except that xorx has a good reputation as town - moreso that bozo.

I don't see what damo was trying to achieve with his comment/vote. The policy side doesn't add up either as looking at this lineup, I would expect no issue in terms of people participating, and I don't suspect damo would either.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#53 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:39 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:32 pm
rdr is quietly the sassiest person in webdip.
I don't think anyone has ever called me sassy before. I will take this a compliment.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#54 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:41 am

kgray wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I know I risk being accused of buddying but Kgray is officially my spokesperson.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#55 Post by kgray » Tue May 19, 2020 12:43 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:17 am
I do see where you are coming from.

I guess my issue is that his post clearly isn't a joke, so that can't explain it. I guess you could say its a policy vote, but if you don't think people would follow damo to xorxes, you certainly wouldn't think damos "policy" vote holds any water and would actually succeed in getting people to speak.

Obviously I didn't follow the last two games, so I can't speak specifically to the bozo/xorx argument except that xorx has a good reputation as town - moreso that bozo.

I don't see what damo was trying to achieve with his comment/vote. The policy side doesn't add up either as looking at this lineup, I would expect no issue in terms of people participating, and I don't suspect damo would either.
In the last mini game (M1010), bozo had the game solved and was NKed just before lylo, while xorxes was incorrectly townreading damo. Last game (M55) I don't remember who was "more correct" in their reads, but xorxes was again incorrectly townreading damo. I just don't think that scum!damo going specifically for xorxes makes a whole lot of sense based on recent games.

But, I will agree that damo's vote didn't really seem like a legit policy vote. I don't think it holds water at all, and people are only talking about it because you voted for him based off it. And it didn't seem like a joke to me either, but it seems so random to me that I just can't take it seriously. I don't get how scum!damo could think it would work, or why he'd bother with such a strange placeholder vote when he could have easily made a joke vote or none at all.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#56 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:43 am

foodcoats wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:24 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:01 pm
damo666 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:51 pm
I am policy voting the lowest poster until everyone has fulfilled their quota and will use reverse alphabetical to break ties

##vote Xorxes
I guess I will have to start posting then, don't want mighty Damo voting on me.
It's interesting that rdr didn't post anything after this. rdr, are you actually afraid of being voted? Or are you just not interested in solving the game? If so, why?
Or a far simpler answer: I was having dinner with my family...

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#57 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:46 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
To answer kgray:

It's hard to get a wagon Xorxes rolling even when he is blatantly scummy, do you really think a wagon for not posting in the first hour will stick?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#58 Post by kgray » Tue May 19, 2020 12:48 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:41 am
kgray wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I know I risk being accused of buddying but Kgray is officially my spokesperson.
Last time you said something like that you were 3p and tried to kill me... :neutral:

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#59 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue May 19, 2020 12:56 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:46 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
To answer kgray:

It's hard to get a wagon Xorxes rolling even when he is blatantly scummy, do you really think a wagon for not posting in the first hour will stick?
It doesn't matter what I think - it matter what damo would think. And yes, I think its very possible, particularily in a mini game where votes carry more weight.

worcej

#60 Post by worcej » Tue May 19, 2020 12:56 am

kgray wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:38 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:11 pm
Odds I can get Chaqa to mute me on day 1?
Try posting the entirety of the script for Bee Movie.
Unpleasant joke phase. Scum.