M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nephthys

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#101 Post by Nephthys » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:10 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:08 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:57 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:53 am
Bob, bozo, brain, (skipping me), Damo, EMC
Look at this one bozo. Funky
My method is as random as bozos. Just a bit more obvious. Like all of bozos experiments this is useless, distracting, and will waste our first three days with nothing to say for it. Now back to watching the vapid day 1 posts. As ND would correctly say: this is all f&;*ing useless sh*%. And he’d be right.
Yea na boi. There's some good logic here I would say, although its hardly concrete science

Nephthys

#102 Post by Nephthys » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:11 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
My method is as random as bozos. Just a bit more obvious. Like all of bozos experiments this is useless, distracting, and will waste our first three days with nothing to say for it. Now back to watching the vapid day 1 posts. As ND would correctly say: this is all f&;*ing useless sh*%. And he’d be right.
Also, may I remind you that you are able to make useful suggestions... if you have any.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#103 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:11 am

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:01 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:00 am
Is it just me or is Xorx trying uncomfortably hard
Like, the searing, burning pain that you get when you get in the shower after walking barefoot through snow. Its painful but kinda heartwarming
Why someone would walk barefoot through snow in the first place?

It's a true question from someone who has never being near snow (I missed it for two days once in Salzburg).

xorxes

#104 Post by xorxes » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:12 am

Nephthys wrote:
You are finding me a bit off, perhaps?

Nephthys

#105 Post by Nephthys » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:15 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:11 am
Nephthys wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
Like, the searing, burning pain that you get when you get in the shower after walking barefoot through snow. Its painful but kinda heartwarming

It's a true question from someone who has never being near snow (I missed it for two days once in Salzburg).
If you found snow, would you? It's something you do cause you can and it's a good time, albeit short

Nephthys

#106 Post by Nephthys » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:15 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:12 am
Nephthys wrote:
Not too sure about the *bit*

xorxes

#107 Post by xorxes » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:16 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

You should visit Bariloche sometime, lots of your compatriots enjoy it.

bozotheclown

#108 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:17 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
I agree it is random, although this methodology has the risk of being repeated, which would adversely affect the experiment. For instance, you should never play the lottery with the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, because if you won, you would be splitting the pot many ways.

BobMcBob

#109 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:28 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:17 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

I agree it is random, although this methodology has the risk of being repeated, which would adversely affect the experiment. For instance, you should never play the lottery with the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, because if you won, you would be splitting the pot many ways.
What hath the evils of gambling to do with this village? I strongly condemneth those who engage in gambling. However I doth not see what this hath to do with your supposed experiment. What be the point of these names? I cannot see why you needeth random numbers from all of us. In what way canst they possibly help us?

bozotheclown

#110 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:36 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:28 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:17 am
BunnyGo wrote:

What hath the evils of gambling to do with this village? I strongly condemneth those who engage in gambling. However I doth not see what this hath to do with your supposed experiment. What be the point of these names? I cannot see why you needeth random numbers from all of us. In what way canst they possibly help us?
I would like to see everyone participate before getting into that.

BobMcBob

#111 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:56 am

I doth not have many ideas of whom amongst us might have malicious intentions. Bozo the Clown doth not seem to be helping, for I doth not have faith in the predictive power of random numbers. Unless we art throwing the sacred seeing stones of Sachland, I doth not think randomness canst help. And if it can, why not generate these numbers yourself?

I shalt continueth my dissertations later when I once again hath time. But I now must go and tend to other matters.

Kitsune

#112 Post by Kitsune » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:54 am

Hey there merry readers (and writers).

Here we go again, taking things back to basics and giving me a chance to get back on the player side of the game where I belong.

Vanilla setup, hmm? I look forward to seeing how that actually works out; I've never played vanilla before, although I suppose the M49 setup was fairly close in most respects.

I've offline most of the morning, but catching up now and I see we have another Grand Bozo Plan? I don't see where he's going with this, but I'll play.

Foxcastle, Squigs44, brainbomb, e.m.c^42, KalelChase

Kitsune

#113 Post by Kitsune » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:40 am

There are some big personalities already gracing this topic; a very peculiar practice what with aristocrats and knights, an unusually dour drunk bunny and... whatever Nephthys is playing as.

I really have to bring Drunk Kit out one of these days, except that means one of two possibilities and neither of them is especially helpful to an investigation.

Most times, Bozo comes out with his initial plan and someone immediately tries to divert Town away from that, pointing out it's pointless and just wasting time. Kind of like what Bunny did there, except actually trying to convince Town not to do it. I find it interesting that he hasn't had any opposition to it yet.

Does that mean:

1. Town is exhausted and is tired of arguing?
2. The usual suspects are all scum and love a good red herring?
3. Something else I've missed considering?

Usually I get a vibe on Bozo based on how he reacts to the opposition to his plans (which has been 100% accurate in every game I've played with him), but I have no read as yet so I'm happy enough to follow his lead and see what he's come up with.

Nephthys

#114 Post by Nephthys » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:13 am

Kitsune wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:40 am
There are some big personalities already gracing this topic; a very peculiar practice what with aristocrats and knights, an unusually dour drunk bunny and... whatever Nephthys is playing as.

I really have to bring Drunk Kit out one of these days, except that means one of two possibilities and neither of them is especially helpful to an investigation.

Most times, Bozo comes out with his initial plan and someone immediately tries to divert Town away from that, pointing out it's pointless and just wasting time. Kind of like what Bunny did there, except actually trying to convince Town not to do it. I find it interesting that he hasn't had any opposition to it yet.

Does that mean:

1. Town is exhausted and is tired of arguing?
2. The usual suspects are all scum and love a good red herring?
3. Something else I've missed considering?

Usually I get a vibe on Bozo based on how he reacts to the opposition to his plans (which has been 100% accurate in every game I've played with him), but I have no read as yet so I'm happy enough to follow his lead and see what he's come up with.
I don't think anyone is against bozo's suggestion as it really isn't that toxic if all goes wrong/is useless. Its not like we out our PRs or lose anything.

I think putting any thought into why people are is a little redundant and reachy.

BobMcBob

#115 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:59 am

Salutations once again from Angonia. Continuing with my guesses on whom might be evil amongst us, I once again hath not much to report.

Contrary to Nephthys's feelings, I doth not think that Xorxes seemeth to be trying too hard. As it happens, I doth not believe anyone is trying particularly hard other than Nephthys himself, Kitsune and to some extent Xorxes. Bozo the jester couldst be considered trying, but thus far hath not proven that he ist actually doing anything. Being the first day of our wonderful village however, I doth not believe that until innocent villagers starteth dying that our populace shalt seriously consider what ought be done to preventeth any further deaths.

Having already stated my views upon the jester Bozo, I shalt now move on to Nephthys. Nephthys seemingly needlessly hath distracted Xorxes for a period of time in conversations upon the rules, to no apparent gain. Nephthys appeareth to hath made no meaning full contributions thus far. I shalt refrain from drawing conclusions from this at this point, as he is no different from any others here.

Kitsune hath started talking about the jester's plan, although not much else. She doth raise some interesting questions about opposition toward it. However, I am inclined to agree with Nephthys in that Bozo's plan doth not seem to have any inherent negative outcomes, although his method is somewhat questionable.

I still hath not felt many vibrations, either for evil or for good. I shalt update ye on my thoughts as more people elaborateth upon theirs. Ye may expecteth to see a more thorough analysis before the end of the first day in this village, along with an obligatory accusation of one member of our populace.

Kakarroto

#116 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:30 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:14 am
I would like to try an experiment. I am asking everyone to please choose 5 players, besides themselves, at random. The results should be truly random, for instance I used an online random number generator. Here are the results of my random selection:

damo, foodcoat​s, Foxcastle, Kalel, rdrivera
random not choosing? well I chose an online dice roller with the list from the first page, subtracted the everytime the names from the list (so at first it were 17, then 16 etc. from there to roll), that's why I got 2 different names with rolling the same number once. Here the list:
brainbomb (rolled 3)
flash2015 (rolled 6)
rdrivera2005 (rolled 12)
BunnyGo (rolled 3)
bozotheclown (rolled 2)

If I had to choose, I probably would've chosen brain, emc, jamie, RD and Vecna, maybe food, but that wasn't the question there.
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:33 am

[...] Around the world, 18 WebDip members sit in darkness, staring at the projecting light of their screens. They impatiently await the next cultist multi-mafia role madness triple-third-party mini-mafia game to start. Just as 6:00 rolls around, however, they all feel dizzy as the reality around them warps and they find themselves sucked inside the minds of WebDip members past.

The year is 2014. Inside of a simulation running on the WebDip servers, President Eden kicks off... [...]
Oh my god, is this a WebDip isekai setting? Can we choose classes? Oh please, let me have healer or damage dealer, is there a trade class? How about scholar, is there something like that? Are there any special professions?
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:39 am

[...] Uncorrect. I am in a state of equanimity. I have been on a pilgrimage, to discover the Seven Objects. I am the Protagonist. I strive to become the Sorceror. I do not fear you.
Alright, Jamie is playing sorc, so we have our magical damage, is there any special element you want to focus?
rdrivera2005 wrote:

[...] Why someone would walk barefoot through snow in the first place?

Oh you've visited Austria? Did you like it?

The weather in the last years is a bit bad for snow, especially in the cities. I remember when I was young, we had 2 metres of snow in some places, could dig some tunnels through that, was a lot of fun. This year, we had 2 days when it snowed, one day the snow actually didn't melt on the floor and it was the "sugar on top" kind of snow, 'angezuckert' we like to call it here, when it's just looks as if it had snowed but pretty much didn't.
xorxes wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:12 am
Nephthys wrote:
xorxes feels a bit off :razz:

Vecna

#117 Post by Vecna » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:44 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:23 pm
Well hello there folks. Glad to hear the good news for Nephthys, although I must admit I never actually heard the bad news that I recall.

Emperor of Austria, king of Hungary and Bohemia, of Dalmacia, Croatia, Slavonia, Galicia, Lodomeria and Illyria, King of Jerusalem (honorary only), Archduke of Austria, Greatduke of Toskana (honorary only) and Krakow, Duke of Lotharingia (honorary only), of Salzburg, of Steyer, Carinthia, Krain and the Bukovina, Greatprince to Transylvania, Margrave of Moravia, Duke of Upper and Lower Silesia (honorary only), of Modena (honorary only), Parma (honorary only), Piacenza (honorary only) and Quastalla (honorary only), of Auschwitz and Zator, of Teschen, Friuli, Ragusa and Zara, princely Earl of Habsburg and Tyrol, Kyburg, Görz and Gradiska, Prince of Trentino and Brixen, Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusatia and in Istria, Earl of Hohenems, Feldkirch, Bregenz, Sonnenberg etc., Sir of Trieste, of Cattaro and the Windisch Mark, Great Voivode of the Voivodia Serbia etc. I am honoured to have the privilege of being able to quite possibly lynch you unceremoniously this fine game.

And how on earth does one put nested SUMIF's into a mafia spreadsheet? Mine didn't even have SUMIF's (although it should have).
SCUUUUUM

SKOOOOOOM

Vecna

#118 Post by Vecna » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:45 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:37 pm
We're sorry, the accoustic hasn't been the best, we didn't want to degrade your name, Sir McBob, the honourable knight of Angonia. May your goal to protect the innocent a successful one.
akward interactions with bob, I henceforth have noted these two as scumbuddies.

Vecna

#119 Post by Vecna » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:46 am

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:54 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:50 pm
Hello.

I hard-claim [REDACTED].
This is a funny statement.

Jamie is a funny man.

I am laughing.
Everyone on the first two pages sounds yuk though

Vecna

#120 Post by Vecna » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:48 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:35 am
KalelChase wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:17 pm
Greetings all. Never played a 'pure' game before, here or anywhere else.
Glad to see familiar faces. Good luck to us good guys.
"Us good guys" sounds more scummy than towny.
Hmmm. Nice. ish