M50: Madness in Memetown [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
e.m.c^42

Re: M50: Madness in Memetown [HIDDEN]

#141 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:47 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:41 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:00 am
##GM Note -

I do not know why the bot doesn't count quoted votes, but I don't use the bot or my vote counts. I'm following the precedent we've been using since M1 where quoted votes count (hence why we've always replaced octothorpes with [] in quotes. Therefore, when Squigs quoted Prado's vote, he voted for KItsune, even if the bot doesn't register it for some reason (i don't know why/when peter made this change).

DEADLINE MOVED 24 EARLIER
This is wrong and not how we have been playing since the new forum as the quote function make really clear what is a vote and what is just quoting someone, I think you shouldn't have handled it this way and for sure should not consider it for next days as it just make the bot unusable.
##GM Note

I'll talk this over with Chaqa. He didn't mention this pre-game, and I had erroneously assumed he would be using the counting method we have previously used here. We will let you guys know once we've decided on something :)

Vaporwave

#142 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:47 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:45 am

bro just stop, you said never gonna give you up and the day ended its pretty clear thats exactly what happened, you are mememafia
Mememafia is a team 8-)

FlaviusAetius

#143 Post by FlaviusAetius » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:48 am

Also @Squigs as I said, I labeled every single solitary town role, and most of them you cant confirm, mass claiming doesnt help literally at all, it only CONFUSES people, aka the overloading of information. and YES if we get too much information TOO quickly, its hard to parse through it all, dont strawman me

BobMcBob

#144 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:58 am

##Call GM When is phase end?
##Call GM If you end up not using quoted votes, how do you plan to deal with the accidental lynch?

FlaviusAetius

#145 Post by FlaviusAetius » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:04 am

I mean its just a glitch in the bot, no? This wont usually happen, I think we'll be fine, the votes people made are the real votes the bot is just trying to replicate that I still dont really understand why it didnt but someone should get on that

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#146 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:06 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:47 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:41 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:00 am
##GM Note -

I do not know why the bot doesn't count quoted votes, but I don't use the bot or my vote counts. I'm following the precedent we've been using since M1 where quoted votes count (hence why we've always replaced octothorpes with [] in quotes. Therefore, when Squigs quoted Prado's vote, he voted for KItsune, even if the bot doesn't register it for some reason (i don't know why/when peter made this change).

DEADLINE MOVED 24 EARLIER
This is wrong and not how we have been playing since the new forum as the quote function make really clear what is a vote and what is just quoting someone, I think you shouldn't have handled it this way and for sure should not consider it for next days as it just make the bot unusable.
##GM Note

I'll talk this over with Chaqa. He didn't mention this pre-game, and I had erroneously assumed he would be using the counting method we have previously used here. We will let you guys know once we've decided on something :)
I mean you can't go back on anything now, but having a clear answer before day 2 would be great

FlaviusAetius

#147 Post by FlaviusAetius » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:08 am

the role that got out, is actually just an ingame sub which is kinda neat not sure how you work that in but im sure theres a way

e.m.c^42

#148 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:10 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:58 am
##Call GM When is phase end?
##Call GM If you end up not using quoted votes, how do you plan to deal with the accidental lynch?
Phase end as I believe should be 24 hours from the end of Day 1. However, there's also the distinct possibility that Chaqa and I might be doing this differently, so it may also be simply at 24 hours from the start of game.

For the second part, we are currently seeking out advice from GM council - it's really just been a terribly unfortunate situation, and he's certainly not to blame for it, but we've been operating on different base assumptions on gameplay.

Regardless, be assured that no matter what, we'll make sure you guys have a fun game to play in the end :D

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#149 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:11 am

KalelChase wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:32 am
Greetings all,

Just read everything up to this point. Sorry to not get to play with Kit again.

Only 2nd game, so had to look up mass claim.

Would the team consider doing it via the popcorn method? We'd all 'vote' someone "the most scummy" to reveal first... It does seem that Vapor falls under this condition, but since they seem like a likely wagon tomorrow I'd be up for Vecna. If we can get conscientious to move forward this way they'd claim first.

Regardless, I've redesigned the spreadsheet I tried to use the last game so as to track townie behavior vs. scummy behavior. I've got those in favor of mass claim as townie points, and those against as scum.
Lets hope it works better for us this time (I was Quill last time so no way I was going to help so much, really want to do better this time so I'll take any advice anyone's willing to give, but won't keep playing the newbie card).

The game is a foot.
Rule #73 of mafia:
Don't tell people how you differentiate town from scum - it lets scum use that to their advantage.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#150 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:13 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:40 am
See, I haven't clicked on that doc link, but it contains the description of my role made PUBLICLY

I wasn't aware of that, would have done this differently or rather not used it at all unless I was chosen for a lynch
Wait, so you haven't looked up roles yet? The only role you know is your own?

BunnyGo

#151 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:14 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:53 pm
"I haven't read my role PM"

"That's nothing bro, I haven't looked at the setup"

"You think you're ignorant? Ha! I can't actually read or write"

"That's nothing, I'm not even toilet trained!"

Can we please get away from this D1 competition to be the most stupid and disengaged player whilst simultaneously being present and polluting the thread?

Jesus, it's fucking tiresome.
Have no fear! BUNNY IS HERE!

I Can haz rulez?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#152 Post by TrPrado » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:16 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:04 am
I mean its just a glitch in the bot, no? This wont usually happen, I think we'll be fine, the votes people made are the real votes the bot is just trying to replicate that I still dont really understand why it didnt but someone should get on that
The bot's working as intended. It doesn't read things in quote boxes. Last time I played I had a little joke about being able to hide info in quote boxes.

Vaporwave

#153 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:17 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:13 am
Squigs, I was reading the setup info while being distracted by Jamie, I forgot to click on that doc link, since GMs claimed it to be semi-open I thought not all roles would have been revealed

I was being careless :( but I hope you and my team will pull it through

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#154 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:18 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:48 am
Also @Squigs as I said, I labeled every single solitary town role, and most of them you cant confirm, mass claiming doesnt help literally at all, it only CONFUSES people, aka the overloading of information. and YES if we get too much information TOO quickly, its hard to parse through it all, dont strawman me
What post did I strawman you in?

Is it the post where I said you didn't understand general mafia strategy and then gave two examples of that and explained where you went wrong? The post that did not comment on mass claiming at all?

Again, having information is never a bad thing for town. If you were to argue that a mass claim was bad because it gave mafia too much information I could follow that logic possibly, but information is never a bad thing for town. Give me a well thought out scenario where having too much information hurts town.

xorxes

#155 Post by xorxes » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:18 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:33 am
now to continue off my last post
Philosoraptor...can be confirmed so yay to that, to one person, who could be the mafia lol?
Medium, cant be confirmed until a person dies...what does mass claiming day 1 suppose to do, again?
We can't do it D1 anymore, but doing it D1 would have helped us narrow down the lynchpool to very few suspects.

Doing it before EON1 prevents scum from stealing and janitoring a provable role.
Magnet, cant be confirmed, literally just cant
Sure it can. They claim, they use it, they attract the Mafia kill and the doc/bodyguard save. No kill that night. Confirmed.
Lover, cant be confirmed, multiple people can die at once normally.
Massclaim D1 would have helped them choose a good target, one of the suspects. This role is a liability for town whether they claim or not anyway.
Jack of all Trades, same as vigilante
Easy to confirm.
Item Smith can be confirmed
Interceptor,You get to read PMs, yay? Not confirmable at all, could be a big flat fail and no PMs were even sent
I'm not completely clear how this role works, but seems confirmable by other players.
Innocent Doge, can be confirmed...unless you die before Day 4 :neutral:
We don't lynch them until D4 and then we do if they don't reveal. Easy to confirm.

Gunsmith, a lot of people have guns in this game, not confirmable
A weak investigative. One of the few non-confirmable.
Governor, can be confirmed
Gladiator, can be confirmed
Nyan Cat, can be confirmed...unless you do it to a mafia member
Why on earth would they not choose one of the many confirmed town?
Driver, cant be confirmed
Doctor, cant be confirmed...
Correct, but one of the roles mafia will want to kill and thus confirm for us.
Cop, cant be confirmed, third party is a thing my friend!
No idea what you mean by that. Can't be confirmed but it's one of the roles Mafia want to kill and thus confirm for us.
Conditional Child, can be confirmed AFTER the fact
Why is that a problem?
Anti-Encryptor, cant be confirmed
Correct. One of the few that can't be confirmed and Mafia won't particularly care to kill. We mislynch them if they can't convince us they're town. We can afford a few mislynches.
Bodyguard, cant be confirmed
Correct, one of the protectives that will give Mafia headaches if they don't kill.
Bulletproof, can be confirmed, IF theres a vigilante or jack of all trades
Commuter, cant be confirmed
Right, this is our potential second mislynch.
Omniscient, ok they see all the roles, so if this is a role that is being used, I see the argument for massclaim, but THATS NOT THE ARGUMENT YOU USED??

I THINK ITS PRETTY CLEAR THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE TOWN ROLES CANT BE CONFIRMED.
AND ITS PRETTY CLEAR THIS IS REALLY COMPLICATED, AND NOT BLACK AND WHITE LIKE YOU WANT IT TO BE
What's pretty clear is that you don't understand most roles. I'm not quite sure if on purpose or not.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#156 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:19 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:17 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:13 am
Squigs, I was reading the setup info while being distracted by Jamie, I forgot to click on that doc link, since GMs claimed it to be semi-open I thought not all roles would have been revealed

I was being careless :( but I hope you and my team will pull it through
So the only role you knew was your own?

BunnyGo

#157 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:19 am

xorxes wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:30 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:26 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:20 pm
##CALL GM:

Does this mean "exactly one of" or "at least one of"?

##GM Note

At least one of.

Also - this was something I forgot to put in the initial post as I copied it from last game, but the mafia were provided a list of fake claim roles similar to other role madness games. Sorry, we had a bit of an incident and had to rewrite our game start post because I forgot to save it and left this out :p

##CALL GM:

Do we get to know how many fake roles were the mafia provided? Were they randomly selected? Can two people have the same role?
Are you and I going to have a competition for most times we call the GM? I don't want any trouble, but I'm the king of it. You can be the queen if you want...

BobMcBob

#158 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:20 am

Yeah, I think scum came off this day better than they should have, with one incorrect town death. It's unfortunate, but we'll have to live with it. People with experience, how are the odds looking for town right now? I feel like we should still be okay given that we know Vapor is scum, but we're significantly lacking in D1 voting information.

Vaporwave

#159 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:23 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:19 am

So the only role you knew was your own?
QT is now open, I'm aware what my mates can do and what they can fakeclaim

you should know this by now, Squigs ;) don't act so naive

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#160 Post by Chaqa » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:26 am

##GM Note - EMC and I are discussing the vote issue amongst ourselves and will confer with Tom when he is available, as Dargo is in the game. Should have a decision by Day 2.

As it turns out, some things change when you leave the community for a year or two.