MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3021 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:24 pm

I don't think it's worthwhile to speculate on who/how the extension happened. Occam's Razor says that Yuuki used it, for whatever reason. He didn't tell us he had his stone stolen, so our best assumption now is that Thanos has the Time Stone now.

That said... we know that if Thanos has the Time Stone, he is either Rivera or Espresso. So if we see a vote manipulation happen, and it ISN'T a +2 vote, we know Rivera and E.P. AREN'T Thanos, and that Thanos is in the pool of {Neph, BunnyGo, Kitsune, KalEl} instead.

I think tomorrow Vision should use the Mind Stone on either Maniac or Rivera, to be frank.

Nephthys

#3022 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:30 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:51 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:58 am
2. Cybernetic Eye (one shot cop scan)

Use this on someone who you think would be a good clear. Knowing that they will die shortly after, it is good to target someone that will contribute if cleared. I would limit this is a null read of yours in the top half of the posters.
This is awful advice. Why try for a townclear instead of trying to hit scum? Makes no sense. If you are going to clear someone and force scum to kill them, it's better to do it with someone useless, not with someone that will contribute anyway. It is not necessary to be clear in order to contribute. I would say look in the bottom half of the posters, which are the ones we most want information on.

Of course you want to hit scum. That's so obvious it doesn't need mentioning. My advice was a secondary consideration that makes a hell of a lot of sense. There would, for example, been little point scanning yuuki as he didn't contribute all that much due to sheer lack of posts.

You want to maximise the benefits from the item right?

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst?

Nephthys

#3023 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:34 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:45 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:00 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:52 pm

Stopped at store. Still not caught up. Don’t read you yes.

@Kit. Shoot chaqa unless they explain their fake Dr Strange claim VERY well.
What possible motive could scum!chaqa have to claim what they did?
What possible motive could town Chaqa have had?

WHY IS THIS GAME SO FULL OF IDIOTS?
Hmm strong words coming from someone who shot two townies...

Nephthys

#3024 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:37 pm

xorxes wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
1. Hadron Enforcer (one shot gun)

Use this on someone widely scumread. Kalel/Maniac most likely at this stage
Only if she scumreads them as well and can justify it with other than "they were widely scumread".

Use this on someone who you think would be a good clear. Knowing that they will die shortly after, it is good to target someone that will contribute if cleared. I would limit this is a null read of yours in the top half of the posters.
This is awful advice. Why try for a townclear instead of trying to hit scum? Makes no sense. If you are going to clear someone and force scum to kill them, it's better to do it with someone useless, not with someone that will contribute anyway. It is not necessary to be clear in order to contribute. I would say look in the bottom half of the posters, which are the ones we most want information on.
Of course you want to hit scum. That's so obvious it doesn't need mentioning. My advice was a secondary consideration that makes a hell of a lot of sense. There would, for example, been little point scanning yuuki as he didn't contribute all that much due to sheer lack of posts.

*formatting

BunnyGo

#3025 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:45 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:24 pm
I don't think it's worthwhile to speculate on who/how the extension happened. Occam's Razor says that Yuuki used it, for whatever reason. He didn't tell us he had his stone stolen, so our best assumption now is that Thanos has the Time Stone now.

That said... we know that if Thanos has the Time Stone, he is either Rivera or Espresso. So if we see a vote manipulation happen, and it ISN'T a +2 vote, we know Rivera and E.P. AREN'T Thanos, and that Thanos is in the pool of {Neph, BunnyGo, Kitsune, KalEl} instead.

I think tomorrow Vision should use the Mind Stone on either Maniac or Rivera, to be frank.
Thanos can choose a vote value of 0,1,2,3 if they have 2 stones.

Nephthys

#3026 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Scumteam is;

Kalel
Vapor
Maniac
Food/Fox

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3027 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:03 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:45 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Bunny has been relatively unaware of the mechanics of this entire game, but he picks up on this detail?

Huh. Bunny could be Thanos, actually. Like 50% chance.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3028 Post by Maniac » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:07 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm
Maniac wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:11 pm
I don't think Yukki did try and save me. I think he probably just altered the day's length well before I was on the chopping block. Maybe because he couldn't be on EOD, Idk
But he was on at EoD.
Was he on the original EOD. I think I saw on the bot that he hadn't been on for a day and a half. That could record posts rather than accessing the page off course. My bad.

Nephthys

#3029 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:29 pm

@vapor, wanna actually make a case on why I'm scum?

BunnyGo

#3030 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:31 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:03 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:45 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Bunny has been relatively unaware of the mechanics of this entire game, but he picks up on this detail?

Huh. Bunny could be Thanos, actually. Like 50% chance.
I’ve actually been surprised nobody thought I was Thanos more. That said, I was reading up rules more recently (after correctly getting called out). See my posts referencing some. Also see all my questions to GM where I was thinking about mechanics and interactions. Was learning.

Also, didn’t join either lynching late. Was on bozo before it was clear which wagon would win. Jumped off all leading wagons on D2. Correctly I might add.

If I’m Thanos (which I’m not) I’m playing such a deep game you’re screwed. The only chance is for the scum to get me. And if I don’t die sacrifice one of their own to reveal. Come get me scum.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3031 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:31 pm

Chaqa wrote:

I would not oppose Vision using Mind Stone on me, but I didn't get why only me and EP could be Thanos with a +2. First day a VT was lynched so it doesn't matter who were in any wagon (Thanos don't need to be on a wagon to use his power) and anyone in Yukki wagon except Xorxes and Jamiet could be SK (but I am not so sure SK was on Yukki wagon but I don't want to discuss this at night).

RagingIke297

#3032 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:31 pm

##Call GM - Could I choose to hand my item to another player? Or is this stones only?
You can hand any items off to other players
##call gm

Is it possible for item thief to pass the stolen items to their scum teammates?
Yes
##Call GM, can a player with a non-stone item hand it off to another player
Yes

Nephthys

#3033 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:32 pm

Chaqa wrote:

Why am I included there?

I wasn't on yuuki at EOD

Nephthys

#3034 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:33 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:32 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Why am I included there?

I wasn't on yuuki at EOD
Nvm, I'm stupid. There is nothing to stop SK!Rivera/EP just using the vote as +1 anyway

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3035 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:36 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:31 pm
Chaqa wrote:

I would not oppose Vision using Mind Stone on me, but I didn't get why only me and EP could be Thanos with a +2. First day a VT was lynched so it doesn't matter who were in any wagon (Thanos don't need to be on a wagon to use his power) and anyone in Yukki wagon except Xorxes and Jamiet could be SK (but I am not so sure SK was on Yukki wagon but I don't want to discuss this at night).
I was incorrect on how the stones worked.

Nephthys

#3036 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:39 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:37 pm
xorxes wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
1. Hadron Enforcer (one shot gun)

Use this on someone widely scumread. Kalel/Maniac most likely at this stage
Only if she scumreads them as well and can justify it with other than "they were widely scumread".

*formatting
To follow up on this, I would say that someone like food is an excellent scan. He both can contribute a lot as town and be a good catch as scum.

Vaporwave

#3037 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:47 pm

what makes me your scumlean, Nephthys?

I haven't seen any cases you've done on me, is this some subtle form of omgus?

Vaporwave

#3038 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:48 pm

hey emc, is he still following the game? :shock:

Vaporwave

#3039 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:48 pm

oh maybe he came for other threads

pardon-moi :nmr:

Vaporwave

#3040 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:49 pm

Never felt more uninspired than this game

Temasek as only suspect, I will have to sheep both Jamie and xorxes and Serial Bunny Killer

Maybe even Kit, our only female detective in this game