MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vaporwave

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2961 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:58 pm

yuuki wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:41 am
##Vote Maniac since he is the only chance I have, though I'm not too convinced he is scum. Would much rather have Vapor killed
you were wrong, yuuki-chan :cry:

xorxes

#2962 Post by xorxes » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:00 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:52 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:29 am
BG, me and you are on the same train

we're preparing the nose for Temasek

if we're both alive D3 we have to do something about him

Btw, how do you see me, BG? Am I as town to you as you are to me?

Eeek, xorxes and Jamie should direct, I dislike how xorxes is such a great player but not never seems to take a lead when obv town or confirme
Stopped at store. Still not caught up. Don’t read you yes.

@Kit. Shoot chaqa unless they explain their fake Dr Strange claim VERY well.
What possible motive could scum!chaqa have to claim what they did?

foodcoats

#2963 Post by foodcoats » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:02 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:32 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:27 pm
Maniac wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:24 pm

There is nothing as sweet as a comeback, when you are down and out, about to lose, and out of time and then you get this new lease of life. Doing it once when Jamie’s bullet was on its way was sweet. But this was sweeter. So glad I never gave my scum buddies Bunny, Kalal and Kitsune my dying instructions as that would be awkward.
LOL. Only 2 of us are scum...
Keep note of these posts... I did something like this long ago and it was true, Maniac is just zany enogh to call out his team.

Maybe.
Uh... yeah. That's a very specific scumteam I would never have put together in my head at this juncture. Bunny is widely townread, Kalal pretty scumread, Kitsune is a question mark because of the commute (to me anyway), and Maniac was on the gibbet.

:?

xorxes

#2964 Post by xorxes » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:04 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:57 pm

##Call GM, can a player with a non-stone item hand it off to another player?
Even if you could hand it over, that would be done after all other night actions, so it would be stolen before you can do it.

foodcoats

Re: Too Much Information?

#2965 Post by foodcoats » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:05 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:30 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:16 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:15 pm
I like Jamie's personality choice this game so far. he's been soft and fun. did something good happen in your life recently? :D

in terms of content not as sure, but
Well, last week I got laid for the first time in over a year, so, maybe it's down to that.
I hope you didn't shoot as early then.

Sorry, couldn't help myself--saw this while digging through kalel posts.
ZING

Kitsune

#2966 Post by Kitsune » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:06 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:05 am
The Avengers now surrounded him, “LOKI!”, “TRICKSTER”, “LETS GET HIM”, "ITS A PLOY TO MAKE US LOSE HOPE they all shouted.

“Only one” Strange Said. He looked at Ironman, “Tony, there was no other way”

YUUKI HAS DIED!! HE WAS DR STRANGE, A VANILLA TOWNIE
So.

Hang on.
Dr. Strange (VT with Stone)
You are Steven Strange aka Dr. Strange! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated. You are in control of the Time Stone! It’s powers are: Player can change phase end time by up to 25% of total phase time in either direction (Day phase can be shortened or lengthened by 12 hours, night phases 6 hours) Item has a cooldown of 1 phase.
Why would Dr Strange not claim or at least warn someone when he had a growing wagon? Unless he thought it wasn't important. Is it possible Chaqa was telling the truth about having the time stone? Or does he often false claim to help protect powered townie roles, from your experience with him in previous games?

Kitsune

#2967 Post by Kitsune » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:09 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:04 pm
Kitsune wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:57 pm

##Call GM, can a player with a non-stone item hand it off to another player?
Even if you could hand it over, that would be done after all other night actions, so it would be stolen before you can do it.
Oh! You're right, so it literally is use it or lose it, since the Time Stone is probably safe in Thanos' custody now.

@Chaqa - Can you please explain your Time Stone claim?

foodcoats

#2968 Post by foodcoats » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:14 pm

This seems to be the most involved, deep and thoughtful post from Maniac, but it's to hunt the SK rather than scum. As EP pointed out earlier on, hunting the SK can be a way for scum to look authentic. This post really pings me because it is so different from Maniac's other posts.
Maniac wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:06 am
What would the serial killer do?

Well we know that they’d probably want to be involved in the lynch in order to steal any stones that the lynched person has: So look at D1 Bozo lynch:

Nephthys, Rdrivera, BunnyGo, Kitsune [Don’t forget her even though she can’t appear on other lists], Kalal, Espresso [Doc or Scum (mafia or SK)]

On D2 Espresso was wildly scum read, topped Jamie’s poll and was likely lynch as town cleared Jamie had instructed town to lynch him. So who was on Espresso when his wagon was at it’s height?

Foodcoats, Kalal, Rdrivera, Chaqa, BunnyGo, Jamie [Vig] Vapor, Darg

The overlap with D1 Bozo lynch is Kalal, Rdrivera, BunnyGo and we have to add in Espresso and Kitsure who couldn’t be on this wagon.

As soon as Espresso [fake] claimed Doctor the wagon switched quickly to the very Handsome Maniac. Almost everyone was on here.

damo666, Foxcastle, dargorygel, Chaqa, rdrivera2005, foodcoats, Nephthys, xorxes, BunnyGo, Sulit, EspressoPatronum

So the overlap with the previous overlap is Rdrivera, BunnyGo, Espresso and Kitsune is still included so we don’t forget her.

Then when the day is extended yuuki sundenly becomes the lead wagon
At time of posting 1hr+ before EOD the yukki wagon is

Tem. Jamie {Vig], Espresso [scum or Doc], Chaqa, Xorxes [Town], Foxcastle, Rdrivera

The overlap of the previous overlap is Espresso and Rdrivera. And Kitsune has to remain on our suspect list.

Espresso’s claim will either be proved right or fake. We can’t use this analysis to point the finger at kitsune, but we shouldn’t forget she could be SK denied the opportunity to collect stones from a lynch.

That leave Rdrivera.

I think Rdrivera voting has been poor. D1 seems legit. He was on bozo early so no late jumping to a lead wagon. But D2 is much more suspect. He voted Espresso when a lot of people were scum reading him. That allowed him to hide in the pack. But then he voted for me when I suddenly became the runaway candidate. Why? On page 85 he says to xorxes “We have already discussed Maniac and I don't see scum there.” On page 138 he says “I don't like the Maniac wagon, but Yukki wagon look even worst. I still think EP is scum but we can't lynch an un--cced PR claim.

[][][vote Maniac to avoid SK interference. But I am willing to lynch Nephtys or Dargo if there is interest.”

It all seems very convenient to be on the lead wagon yet again.

After my wagon dies Rdrivera then votes Nephthys before switching to Yukki having previously said “Yukki wagon looks worst [than maniac wagon].”

I’ve pointed out before Rdrivera’s ‘slip’ about to the effect that Rdrivera flipping scum would make Brainbomb’s case against him look marvellous. I take xorxes point that this could be a language issue, but it might be a genuine slip.

At some point the SK will be able to auto win if they have enough stones to control lynches and they can’t be killed any other way. The chances of us having a gun in play are probably quite small.

Should we look at killing a suspected SK now. Or should Jamie and xorxes instruct Rdrivera to step off yukki lynch if it is going to happen anyway just in case he has a stone?

##vote Rdrivera

xorxes

#2970 Post by xorxes » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:20 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:14 pm
This seems to be the most involved, deep and thoughtful post from Maniac, but it's to hunt the SK rather than scum. As EP pointed out earlier on, hunting the SK can be a way for scum to look authentic. This post really pings me because it is so different from Maniac's other posts.
I agree with Maniac's case on rivera as SK, I had the same feeling that rivera was chasing the most popular wagon. As you say though, it doesn't do anything to disprove my suspicions of Maniac as mafia.

foodcoats

#2971 Post by foodcoats » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:25 am
wonder if EP claimed something that made people moved to a different wagon
This feels like you are playing dumb.

Vaporwave

#2972 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Is Manic known to do funky stuff when he's mafia? Is he brave in taking risks?

He's done it twice this game:

Once, by counterclaiming Jamie for giggles and fun

Twice, when he still pushed for EP right after his doc claim

His farewell message when he was about to get lynched also seemed believable

foodcoats

#2973 Post by foodcoats » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:24 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:44 am
Kit :-D glad to have you back

I need someone to encourage me seeing that this will be (yet) another game where mafia wins

How does it make you feel, foodcoats? ;) Having such a team by your side

Temasek randing scum

I'm upset :(
If I was scum with Tem, Tem would be playing better because I'd be coaching the shit out of them.

foodcoats

#2974 Post by foodcoats » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:25 pm

Not going to quote it all but I cannot imagine that scum!Kitsune was fake-spaced and wrote that novel. Kitsune pretty solidly looking town there.

Vaporwave

#2975 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Who's your scumteam, foodcoats?

and why

who's your choice for SK?

Vaporwave

#2976 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Will be honest, they are that good

I have some flimsy scumpool consisting of: Temasek, dargo, maybe Neph*, possibly Kalel? but it's weak stuff

I can't point to anyone and call him scumbo to his face, my most certainty rests with Temasek as a choice

* I'm torn with Nephythys, not confident at all, but many of you have pointed out inconsistencies and how he's had evil intent EODs

I can see Neph-Temasek rolling scum again and this is like a revenge for them because their team suffered a complete destruction in gladiator's game

foodcoats

#2977 Post by foodcoats » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:31 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:52 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:29 am
BG, me and you are on the same train

we're preparing the nose for Temasek

if we're both alive D3 we have to do something about him

Btw, how do you see me, BG? Am I as town to you as you are to me?

Eeek, xorxes and Jamie should direct, I dislike how xorxes is such a great player but not never seems to take a lead when obv town or confirme
Stopped at store. Still not caught up. Don’t read you yes.

@Kit. Shoot chaqa unless they explain their fake Dr Strange claim VERY well.
Oh, that's a good point. Chaqa, why did you fakeclaim you had the time stone? I don't actually know these movies but I took the dingdong bargain bingo comment as referring to you being Time Man.

damo666

#2978 Post by damo666 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:31 pm

@by where did chaqa claim dr strange?

Vaporwave

#2979 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:32 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:22 pm

This feels like you are playing dumb.
Haven't caught up and people left Espresso after he was a major suspect D1, most of D2, something must have happened. I assumed a claim and I was right

damo666

#2980 Post by damo666 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:32 pm

@by where did chaqa claim dr strange?