MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#4301 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:58 pm

But let's not get distracted by the loss of the stone. At least it isn't in Thanos' blue mitts.

I mistrust Maniac's progression. He is quiet and uninvolved in a way that seems to take advantage of our focus elsewhere. i.e. He got quiet JUST when the Tem thing, and the Bunny thing (sorry, btw bunny...) happened.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4302 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:58 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:45 pm
I miscalculated... thinking (despite knowing better) that I could pass it off.

SO town needs to know that scum will have the mind stone.

I have wracked my brain to figure out how to get out of this ditch... but despite Kalel's plan (which I sorta spoke around days ago) I don't see how. That annoying "stone gift is at the end" thing.

I hoped that I could just hide in the corner, and people would not think of the stone passing rule... but I am sure scum have been aware of this even before others have brought it up in here.

So... they either will kill me (and the stone will go to the ninja) or they will thief it (and the stone goes to the IT.)
Yeah, it wasn't the best choice...

I think revealing like Maniac or Vapor would have been better. At the very least, with like four town clears now, the mafia's night kills will be predictable and as long as we don't make too many mislynches, we should be good.

Honestly, what you should have done is claimed Vision, and said you were giving the Stone to someone at end of day, with the caveat they then reveal someone as directed by you. Would have been able to get 2 for 1 out of it instead of... this.

We're going to need to be really on point to win this one barring some miracle like mafia trying to NK the SK.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4303 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:01 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:58 pm
But let's not get distracted by the loss of the stone. At least it isn't in Thanos' blue mitts.

I mistrust Maniac's progression. He is quiet and uninvolved in a way that seems to take advantage of our focus elsewhere. i.e. He got quiet JUST when the Tem thing, and the Bunny thing (sorry, btw bunny...) happened.
+100. I've been flip flopping on Maniac all game but I don't think he's town. My gut's been alright so far, especially about Bunny (man, that one stings... watching someone you KNOW is town get burnt), so I want to trust it, but Maniac is always an enigma when I've played with him.

@Mafia members - when you guys do get a chance to use the stone, try to reveal Thanos targets. That way we can form a gentleman's agreement to kill the SK? Haha

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4304 Post by KalelChase » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:46 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:35 pm
KalelChase wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:08 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:57 am

It's no big deal. I'll give it to someone. Send suggestions.
Because I give it away, they won't kill me... And we'll have a clear. That wasy purpose with xorxes. Town can use clears. No one else was I sure of. But me.
So I self read. Last time I didn't use it on myself and damo shot me. So I cleared me and will pass it now.
Since it's slightly easier to find a Town & Townlean than Scum (inherently due to the ratio)... would it be a valid strategy for all Town to vote NoLynch every day to reduce our mortality rate in half, and then just pass the mindstone around. If you get it you reveal yourself and hand it to someone you really trust. It's a risk, but it would give us a bit more information, and the day it gets handed to scum it'll either be not used, or used on someone who can claim they didn't use it on themselves (and at that point would be Town so trust-able). Regardless whoever passed it to them (the last townie revealed can lead the next lynch). Biggest risk is it winds up with SK.
This is a scum post. The mafia knows (and town should know) that the Item Thief happens before stones are passed, so this is KalEl trying to get town points for suggesting a on-the-surface good idea that is actually terrible for town, as they can mask where the stone is going and reveal people they already know are town as they pick us off one by one.
Sorry you think it's a scum post. It was just an idea, and I was posting it for comment, not necessarily advocating for it. I posted it for the exact thing that is happening, for people to poke holes in it. We have to do something differently than we have been and I'm struggling.

Working on a new post data capture now.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4305 Post by KalelChase » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Maniac wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:34 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:49 pm
Maniac was browsing the thread here and there after EoN, he’s lurking because he’s caught and I am not voting for anyone else next phase.
'tis true I've been reading the thread without commenting. I'm lost for words!

Also, I've been tied up in the mafia QT thread. it's all kicking off in there.

I will struggle to be on later. Quiz night again so I can't use my phone and driving. I doubt I'm going to be NK though as I'm still so heavily scum read.

RIP BunnyGo

@Dargo - you're normally a much better player than this.
Mafia QT thread has been brought up before... what is that? Is there a link?

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4306 Post by KalelChase » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:54 pm

Chaqa wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

I have wracked my brain to figure out how to get out of this ditch... but despite Kalel's plan (which I sorta spoke around days ago) I don't see how. That annoying "stone gift is at the end" thing.

I hoped that I could just hide in the corner, and people would not think of the stone passing rule... but I am sure scum have been aware of this even before others have brought it up in here.

So... they either will kill me (and the stone will go to the ninja) or they will thief it (and the stone goes to the IT.)

I think revealing like Maniac or Vapor would have been better. At the very least, with like four town clears now, the mafia's night kills will be predictable and as long as we don't make too many mislynches, we should be good.

Honestly, what you should have done is claimed Vision, and said you were giving the Stone to someone at end of day, with the caveat they then reveal someone as directed by you. Would have been able to get 2 for 1 out of it instead of... this.

We're going to need to be really on point to win this one barring some miracle like mafia trying to NK the SK.
Chaq... isn't this essentially what I proposed (before I understood the thief order) that you called scummy?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4307 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:56 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:50 pm
Maniac wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:49 pm
Maniac was browsing the thread here and there after EoN, he’s lurking because he’s caught and I am not voting for anyone else next phase.

I will struggle to be on later. Quiz night again so I can't use my phone and driving. I doubt I'm going to be NK though as I'm still so heavily scum read.

RIP BunnyGo

Those who are mafia have a place they alone can talk/write in during the night phase. You have the link if you're scum.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4308 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:25 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:54 pm
Chaqa wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

Chaq... isn't this essentially what I proposed (before I understood the thief order) that you called scummy?
Find a post to reference. I'm guessing it was a different time/situation or your idea was a bit different.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4309 Post by KalelChase » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:48 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:25 pm
KalelChase wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:54 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Find a post to reference. I'm guessing it was a different time/situation or your idea was a bit different.
It was 428 (Snipped below)... I'm sure there's some subtle difference I don't get.
KalelChase wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:08 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:57 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:41 am

Dargo, dude... why do you do shit like this every game. You know they're just going to steal your stone now, right?
It's no big deal. I'll give it to someone. Send suggestions.
Because I give it away, they won't kill me... And we'll have a clear. That wasy purpose with xorxes. Town can use clears. No one else was I sure of. But me.
So I self read. Last time I didn't use it on myself and damo shot me. So I cleared me and will pass it now.
Since it's slightly easier to find a Town & Townlean than Scum (inherently due to the ratio)... would it be a valid strategy for all Town to vote NoLynch every day to reduce our mortality rate in half, and then just pass the mindstone around. If you get it you reveal yourself and hand it to someone you really trust. It's a risk, but it would give us a bit more information, and the day it gets handed to scum it'll either be not used, or used on someone who can claim they didn't use it on themselves (and at that point would be Town so trust-able). Regardless whoever passed it to them (the last townie revealed can lead the next lynch). Biggest risk is it winds up with SK.
I don't see much point in the NoLynch part without some way to get more information. I don't imagine Scum is going to use the mind stone right? The only thing it would do for them would be to reveal SK?

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4310 Post by KalelChase » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:49 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:56 pm
KalelChase wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:50 pm
Maniac wrote:

RIP BunnyGo

Those who are mafia have a place they alone can talk/write in during the night phase. You have the link if you're scum.
Ah, thanks. I knew that was a thing... just didn't know what it was called.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4311 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:54 pm

Ah, I think it was the timing more than anything. Voting no lynch is also a bit... eh.

I do scumread you, but of my main ones, you're definitely one of the weaker reads, so I'm not going to be jumping to vote for you immediately or anything.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4312 Post by KalelChase » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:30 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:54 pm
Ah, I think it was the timing more than anything. Voting no lynch is also a bit... eh.

I do scumread you, but of my main ones, you're definitely one of the weaker reads, so I'm not going to be jumping to vote for you immediately or anything.
Thanks... at this point I'll take "I'll kill you last." I just wish I was more helpful.
Is this a particularly bad townie performance (not blaming Jamie, but...)?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4313 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:00 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:30 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:54 pm

Thanks... at this point I'll take "I'll kill you last." I just wish I was more helpful.
Is this a particularly bad townie performance (not blaming Jamie, but...)?
Newbie town get scumread a lot for no reason (see: Bunny)

Jamiet99uk

#4314 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Hi friends.

Sorry I've been such a lurker since D2. I'm committed to the game but I've had so little time. I'm at University for enrolment week as I start my PhD, and it's super busy.

I am about 20 pages behind and have half an hour now to semi catch up.

Anyone have any questions for me, or key points I really need to look at?

Sorry again that I'm not my usual active self.

Jamiet99uk

#4315 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:33 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:40 pm
Temasek has 8 votes for lurking?

Someone on Tem wagon make a scum case about how Tem's actions are scum motivated.
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:42 pm
Temasek seems like a "just because" wagon, which are crap wagons.
Okay this fucking triggers me. I do not like these posts (both from D3) at all.

I am clear Town. When I voted for Temasek, I clearly explained why.

BunnyGo has flipped town. When BunnyGo voted Temasek, it was accompanied by a fully detailed case.

Yet we had both Foodcoats and Foxcastle making statements like the ones above, implying that no case or reasoning on Temasek had been presented. This appears a deliberate attempt to take pressure off Temasek by creating a false narrative.

I would like Foxcastle and Foodcoats to explain this crap.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4316 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:36 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:24 pm
Hi friends.

Sorry I've been such a lurker since D2. I'm committed to the game but I've had so little time. I'm at University for enrolment week as I start my PhD, and it's super busy.

I am about 20 pages behind and have half an hour now to semi catch up.

Anyone have any questions for me, or key points I really need to look at?

Sorry again that I'm not my usual active self.
Oof Jamie there's a lot to catch you up on.

Jamiet99uk

#4317 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:36 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:48 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:47 pm
##vote Bunny.

If Bunny flips town Neph U R next
Deal, I don't have enough backing to make me think sharing the full case is worth it. You're just gonna have to trust me.
So you agreed to this deal, and I will be HAPPY to lynch you when day dawns.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4318 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:36 pm
Nephthys wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:47 pm
##vote Bunny.

If Bunny flips town Neph U R next
Deal, I don't have enough backing to make me think sharing the full case is worth it. You're just gonna have to trust me.
And then we've lost a third town at your hands... No way we lynch Neph tomorrow.

Jamiet99uk

#4319 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:40 pm

Note: I can now see Temasek claimed tracker. That does not mean Foxcastle and Foodcoats have any right to dodge my question. I want to know why they were falsely claiming no case on Temasek had been presented. Those actions were suspect, irrespective of Temasek's alignment.

Also, for all we know, EMC could have been the Tracker, no?

Even if Temasek is really tracker, here's a legit scum tactic: See a T v T lynch race, defend one of the town wagons, getting you a buddy and some towncred, while knowing you're helping the other wagon, which is also town, get over the line.

Jamiet99uk

#4320 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:41 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:39 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:36 pm
Nephthys wrote:

And then we've lost a third town at your hands... No way we lynch Neph tomorrow.
Tell me in less than 500 words how Neph is a townclear?