Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1821 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:44 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:39 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:46 am
Oh I've realised who the other mason is.
B F or W?
I think he wants to remain unrevealed so I'm not going to comment further.

damo666

#1822 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:03 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:19 pm
Here's where I am with my reads:

TOWN (strongest reads at the top)

Jamiet99uk
brainbomb (mechanically clear)
rdrivera2005
bozotheclown
ItsHosuke
Foxcastle
damo666
Percy Williams
worcej

NULL

bo_sox48
EspressoPatronum
Vaporwave
e.m.c^42

SCUM (in no particular order)

Chaqa
dargorygel
flash2015
foodcoats
xorxes
Can you expand on why you townread Bozo Fox and Worcej please.

foodcoats

#1823 Post by foodcoats » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:14 pm

dargorygel is pretty lurky but I actually like some of the points they've made so far:
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:41 pm
But I am not happy with how hard bozo is pushing for this. He seems to have some hope that he has a chance to succeed. I think bozo is smarter than that. So why does he not back off? Or did I miss a retraction?
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:14 pm
Maybe this is obv, but it seems that bozo's relentless pursuit of a massclaim makes the most sense if he is the role-thief. One role already responded and claimed mason. And of course, if he DOES convince enough people, he finds a bunch of roles.
This is an interesting point. To confirm, "role thief" means "power thief," i.e. crab? dargorygel, do you still think bozo is scum?

But you only ever voted for Percy on day 1. Why would you vote for Percy if you were most suspicious of bozo?
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:50 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:48 pm
In the first post it sounds like you blame me for Hosuke revealing his town role, but in the second post you say I might have managed to get Hosuke to fake claim as scum. This seems inconsistent.
hmmm
I don't think it is... it's pointing out that your massclaim idea had effects. Whichever way Itshosuke flips.
This is actually interesting to me at the moment insofar as I have slotted ItsHosuke as mechanically town, but as far as I am aware there is no such clearance, and ItsHosuke has posted something like three times I think and done largely nothing.

There is such a weird meta here... it feels like there's no middle of the road between the lurkers and the spammers...

I lean town on dargorygel. darg, come play with... I was going to say "the rest of us," but, I guess, the four players who are playing. What are your reads at the moment darg?

xorxes

#1824 Post by xorxes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:21 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:37 am
Imo voting me, Percy, Xorxes or EMC is not good strategy as town. In each case lynching is deferable. I urge all such voters to consider another candidate. Anyone remaining on any of the above named should strongly be considered as scum.

If you are a town voting like this you are essentially giving scum a free nk.
I don't know why you include emc in that list, unless you meant Hosuke.

emc's claim is neither provable nor a role that scum would want to kill, unlike all the others, so it gives him zero immunity.

xorxes

#1825 Post by xorxes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:23 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:39 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:35 am
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:29 am

You think it's a scum fake role set up claim? Could be but why not give benefit of doubt to X, if he is town he should be NKd by about N4. If he is still surviving we can lynch him then.
I don't understand why you're defending Xorxes when he's counter-claiming you.

You claimed to be a consonant within the first two letters of the alphabet. Xorxes is claiming to be the letter "b".
No. Your analogy is too specific wrt me. There is more than 1 possibilty.
Maybe nobody among the scumteam has figured what your claim means, I would stop talking about it.

foodcoats

#1826 Post by foodcoats » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:29 pm

ItsHosuke voted MoscowFleet yesterday and never moved off them.

Almost the only thing they've posted about is how they are a mason, but how they've had difficulty communicating with the other mason because of time zones. But if mason chat is open all the time, that doesn't matter. It also doesn't excuse posting literally nothing in the main thread... ItsHosuke seems to be suggesting they aren't able to post because they're so busy trying to communicate in mason chat?

Also asked for a TL;DR which bothers me, seems to exempt someone from the need to form their own ideas.

...and, took the time to post a bump... like... I am struggling to imagine the individual who thinks, "I would like to play Mafia on webDiplomacy!" and then... proceeds to NOT play? At all? Unless ItsHosuke is a total newb to the game, rolled scum, and is afraid.
ItsHosuke wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:35 am
Whoops wait ##vote damo666, sorry
Why??? This is useless.

##VOTE ItsHosuke

damo666

#1827 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:41 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:21 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:37 am
Imo voting me, Percy, Xorxes or EMC is not good strategy as town. In each case lynching is deferable. I urge all such voters to consider another candidate. Anyone remaining on any of the above named should strongly be considered as scum.

If you are a town voting like this you are essentially giving scum a free nk.
I don't know why you include emc in that list, unless you meant Hosuke.

emc's claim is neither provable nor a role that scum would want to kill, unlike all the others, so it gives him zero immunity.
Yeah ItsHo.

damo666

#1828 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:45 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Almost the only thing they've posted about is how they are a mason, but how they've had difficulty communicating with the other mason because of time zones. But if mason chat is open all the time, that doesn't matter. It also doesn't excuse posting literally nothing in the main thread... ItsHosuke seems to be suggesting they aren't able to post because they're so busy trying to communicate in mason chat?

Also asked for a TL;DR which bothers me, seems to exempt someone from the need to form their own ideas.

...and, took the time to post a bump... like... I am struggling to imagine the individual who thinks, "I would like to play Mafia on webDiplomacy!" and then... proceeds to NOT play? At all? Unless ItsHosuke is a total newb to the game, rolled scum, and is afraid.
ItsHosuke wrote:
Why??? This is useless.

##VOTE ItsHosuke

If ItsHo is faking Mason quite important we ascertain his scumfaking partner. Perhaps this explains the reticence.

damo666

#1829 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:46 pm

However ItsHo is on the too early to lynch list.

foodcoats

#1830 Post by foodcoats » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:50 pm

I thought I had a townlean on Espresso but in iso'ing them, it feels more blendy. There's a lot of "oh dear sir/madam what do you think of such and such a thing?" Won't bother to quote it because it is a significant chunk of Espresso's posts.

That said, I think this is the only place where someone actually explained why mass claiming is bad in very real terms. I didn't see it at the time, but in retrospect... thank you Espresso.
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:55 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:51 pm
Also doesnt that give scum exactly the roles they know they gotta kill?
What roles do they have to kill? No town roles are so powerful that it is obvious.
Massclaim defeats the strength of the commuter, bulletproof, doctor, and pretty much instakills our jailer. Not a good idea imo.

Count me against the mass claim.
This is useful as a marker for the future but doesn't necessarily say anything to me at the moment... except for the fact... Espresso, what did you mean that Vecna had claimed and it was provable?!?! This was before Vecna died...
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:37 am
My reads and thoughts so far:

Town (most to least)
BB - posts bleed town (claimed - apparently provable)
Fox - inquisitive, making good points. proactive.
bozo - I don't see sucm!bozo digging in his heels on the mass claim
Vecna - (claimed - provable)

Townlean
Jamiet - entrance seemed town to me.

Null (no order)
bosox - I liked his wall post.
rdrivera - I like the way he plays. Waiting on an excuse to put him in my town pile.
xorxes - his town gameplay in m1007 was night and day to his maf gameplay in m46. We'll know by D3.
Hosuke - (claimed?)
Vapor - I naturally gravitated to townreading Vapor in m1007 and am finding myself doing that here. I think I like his posting style, so I want to wait a bit to make sure my read on him is legit and not biased by his posting.
Flash - ?
Moscow (policy option)
Percy Williams - he's posted a fair bit, but nothing has stood out to me.

Scumlean
foodcoats - somebody raised a good point about foodcoats appearing active without adding substance. Good observation.
Chaqa - I recall disagreeing with a lot of what he's saying. Will have to go back to check this later.
Dargo - #560 is hedgy and he comes down on bozo for holding the massclaim belief. He also called out Percy for being hedgy in the first few pages of the game.

Scum (least to most)
damo - forced reasoning onto the EMC wagon.
Worcej - Nothing specific. Maybe I just don't like his post style.
emc - reactions to his wagon have been sus. Also a good policy option.
I really don't understand how this kind of strategy is supposed to work and it feels like talk for talk's sake:
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:01 am
Oh btw, I read an article on MU recently that talked about everyone sharing their fake seer peeks to allow the real seer to share their reads without having to out themself.

It could be as subtle as 'strongly' town reading someone after the night, to something more overt like, "if I were seer, I would have checked X." If everyone does it, it gives smokescreen for the real seer (or investigatives for this game) to do the same thing and share reads in case they get picked off.

Has webdip maf ever tried this? If so, how did it play out? If no, what are everyone's thoughts on it? We'd need close to a majority decision on it bcz of the reliance on the smokescreen effect.
Espresso, can you provide the promised iso of Percy? I think that would be useful now given they are top wagon. You also called them out for "scum theatre" above but have not voted for them. So give us the goods.
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:10 pm
Just because someone is on the same crusade doesn't make them town. In any case, I'll consider your point + do a Percy ISO tonight.

Jamiet99uk

#1831 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:55 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:03 pm
Bozo's massclaim idea seemed genuine. His interactions appear sincere and solvy. Also other reasons I don't wish to discuss at this moment.

Foxcastle likewise appears to be very actively scumhunting and gives me strong town vibes.

Worcej is my least secure townread, certainly a "lean" rather than a strong read. I know him quite well, have been in a lot of games with him, have GM-ed with him, and I feel like if he was scum I'd get more of a feeling than I do have. However if I was Cop (I'm not) he'd probably be high on my list to scan, just to eliminate him from suspicion.

damo666

#1832 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:58 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:55 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:03 pm
Bozo's massclaim idea seemed genuine. His interactions appear sincere and solvy. Also other reasons I don't wish to discuss at this moment.

Foxcastle likewise appears to be very actively scumhunting and gives me strong town vibes.

Worcej is my least secure townread, certainly a "lean" rather than a strong read. I know him quite well, have been in a lot of games with him, have GM-ed with him, and I feel like if he was scum I'd get more of a feeling than I do have. However if I was Cop (I'm not) he'd probably be high on my list to scan, just to eliminate him from suspicion.
Thank you. Most helpful.

xorxes

#1833 Post by xorxes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:06 am
So, Xorxes and Brainbomb are both voting for me because on P. 84 I logged in on my phone, wasn't caught up, and addressed a point made by Vecna without realising EoN had happened and Vecna died.

That makes me a drunk who didn't notice the time.

It doesn't make me scum.

Try again boys.
What bothers me most is that you were interested enough in the game to address a point made by Vecna, but disinterested enough to not care who had been nightkilled.

Vaporwave

#1834 Post by Vaporwave » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:12 pm

will be on tomorrow, saw a snippet that Percy is now a doc and xorxes counterclaims something

will be X-citing to catch up on latest shenanigans

Jamiet99uk

#1835 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:31 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:00 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:06 am
So, Xorxes and Brainbomb are both voting for me because on P. 84 I logged in on my phone, wasn't caught up, and addressed a point made by Vecna without realising EoN had happened and Vecna died.

That makes me a drunk who didn't notice the time.

It doesn't make me scum.

Try again boys.
What bothers me most is that you were interested enough in the game to address a point made by Vecna, but disinterested enough to not care who had been nightkilled.
This is a false narrative. I lost track of time and did not realise the night had ended.

ItsHosuke

#1836 Post by ItsHosuke » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:31 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:29 pm

ItsHosuke wrote:
Why??? This is useless.

##VOTE ItsHosuke
Uhh... I’m a total newb who has only observed a few games and knows none of the meta. And tbf I was expecting to be sub or something but multiple people dropped out. I town read some players but will get to that later when I take a more detailed look at the thread,

Meanwhile, ##UNVOTE

Jamiet99uk

#1837 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:12 pm
will be on tomorrow, saw a snippet that Percy is now a doc and xorxes counterclaims something

Percy is not a Doc. He was talking about a time when he was Doc in a previous game, and I thought he meant this game - but he did not.

Jamiet99uk

#1838 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:33 pm

@ItsHosuke - why did you bump the thread yesterday? What was the point of that?

damo666

#1839 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:38 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:12 pm

wrong on both counts but hey ho

worcej

#1840 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Ugh, weekends for Mafia are the worse. I get to go 'learn' how to help my wife breath during childbirth today, so I won't be around much. Then I am traveling tomorrow so will also miss EOD.

I'll have some observations tonight after the breathing bs. TTYL.

Also, post questions if you want, I'll hit them on the re-read.