MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

#3481 Post by Vecna » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:57 am

I mean that if youre actually a VT as you claim you are, you should be much more vocal about actually trying to lynch the (to you) confirmed alien now that its a viable possibility.

Vaporwave

#3482 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:57 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:52 am
Jump on EMC and get going with this wagon
has anyone counterclaimed emc?

##VOTE emc

Vecna

#3483 Post by Vecna » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:59 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:57 am
Vecna wrote:

##VOTE emc
Can you just like, read up before you start doing stuff darling?

Im like 95% convinced youre town here, and this one is going the distance and im pretty sure its gonna come down to people like you being able to win a 1v1 against a scum that is extremely deep undercover in lylo.

Ezio

#3484 Post by Ezio » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:04 pm

"Although before I do anything I want answers from Ezio
1) What exactly were you hoping to gain from the fakeclaim
2) Why did you double down on the claim
3) What made you ask for people's thoughts on who to shoot and then ignore them all
4) Why fake claim alien but true claim the gun
"

1) I wanted people reactions to something weird and potentially odd. I didn't know exactly what I was looking for, but figured I, or someone else, would know it when they saw it.
2) why bother making a reaction test if you're going to pull it before you've had a chance to get anyone's actual reactions? People do shitty, half-baked reaction tests all the time on this site, but they never hold them long enough to get actual reactions.
If you looked at how people were reacting, many people started off brushing off the claim as false, but as I held it longer and doubled down on it, people actually started changing their minds about the validity of the claim.
3) This is how, in my opinion, everyone should use the gun (except maybe the gunholder should also publicly say who they're going to shoot to give the target a chance to claim). You want to get more information from people (this, IMO, is like 95% of the time good for town), but you don't want to actually give scum a chance to direct the shot.
4) I knew I was going to fire the gun N1. I explained why to Xorxes forever ago.
I was not willing to give scum the chance to steal the gun, shoot a PR, and claim.
We're seeing exactly how much trouble that can cause by how EMC did it. If EMC was just a regular scum and wasn't outed with the vote count, we would still have no clue.
Given that I knew I was going to figure the gun N1 (and the GM's assistant misunderstanding my question), I knew there was then no risk to claiming the gun. In fact, I was hoping mafia would TRY to steal it and waste the item thief. This could have gone poorly.

bozotheclown

#3485 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:05 pm

Vecna wrote:
I am about 50/50 on the identity of the alien. There are still the facts that Ezio claimed alien and ended up in the final 2 alien possibilities, and that emc would have gotten very lucky that dargorygel was the Alien Cop.

We can't afford a mislynch between Ezio and emc, and we can't afford to let the alien go into D6 with 4 votes, so I think we need to lynch RagingIke. It is possible he is scum who ended with the RB because of the driver N1, and claimed RB N2 while the scum used the NK and item thief.

bozotheclown

#3486 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:57 am
Vecna wrote:

##VOTE emc
I find in hard to believe Vaporwave is not keeping up more with this game, which is another reason I think he is a scum possibility.

Ezio

#3487 Post by Ezio » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:10 pm

I can ##Vote EMC and it won't change the outcome of bozo's plan.

If Bozo decides he must see Ike lynched he can still do that. Lynching ike is the paranoid play. It will still give you guys 100% to get the alien tomorrow, I just don't want to see someone lynched just because they're infected.

If EMC self votes to get on the same wagon as me, we might end up just having the majority of the votes and get him lynched.

Vecna

#3488 Post by Vecna » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:11 pm

So who was killed N2? And why didnt MF or Worcej out that there was another miracle-save somehow?

Ezio

#3489 Post by Ezio » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:15 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:05 pm
Vecna wrote:
I am about 50/50 on the identity of the alien. There are still the facts that Ezio claimed alien and ended up in the final 2 alien possibilities, and that emc would have gotten very lucky that dargorygel was the Alien Cop.

We can't afford a mislynch between Ezio and emc, and we can't afford to let the alien go into D6 with 4 votes, so I think we need to lynch RagingIke. It is possible he is scum who ended with the RB because of the driver N1, and claimed RB N2 while the scum used the NK and item thief.
The one thing I do want to point out (again for the people who maybe haven't been following so closely *VAPORWAVE*) is that we *can* go into tomorrow with the alien controlling 4 votes. It simply makes you feel more comfortable not to.

At this point in the game, now that the assassin has used his shot, if the mafia don't lynch the alien with town tomorrow (assuming he doesn't die today), the mafia cannot win. The alien will have the majority and he is immune to their night kill.

bozotheclown

#3490 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:16 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:19 am
bozo, me as assassin? I would have shot Jamiet's ass right when he wanted to force my vote

assassion? I would have pulled the trigger into Percy's head cause we need no revival

bozo, shake yourself out of this tinfoil
First of all, I do not believe you would make such a bad play as town to shoot Jamie early, and saying you would does not reduce my suspicion. Second, who would not shoot Percy before he had the chance to bring back rdrivera? You are the one who seems to be permanently behind in the game. Finally, why did you change your vote to emc? Does my suspicion of you make my preference to lynch RagingIke a worse idea, or did you just decide to stop trying to pocket me?

Vaporwave

#3491 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:19 pm

what bothers me about Ezio

- he refused to be scanned by alien cop

- he wants to keep infected Ike alive

ding ding dong

- N5 gets another infected

D6 - 6 aliens, 1 + 5 minions alive, town WILL not win

bozotheclown

#3492 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:19 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:15 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Vecna wrote:

The one thing I do want to point out (again for the people who maybe haven't been following so closely *VAPORWAVE*) is that we *can* go into tomorrow with the alien controlling 4 votes. It simply makes you feel more comfortable not to.

At this point in the game, now that the assassin has used his shot, if the mafia don't lynch the alien with town tomorrow (assuming he doesn't die today), the mafia cannot win. The alien will have the majority and he is immune to their night kill.
If emc is the alien and he has the Alien Heat Gun, he could force a no lynch D6 and potentially control 5 votes D7 for the win.

Vaporwave

#3493 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:21 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:16 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
bozo, me as assassin? I would have shot Jamiet's ass right when he wanted to force my vote

assassion? I would have pulled the trigger into Percy's head cause we need no revival

First of all, I do not believe you would make such a bad play as town to shoot Jamie early, and saying you would does not reduce my suspicion. Second, who would not shoot Percy before he had the chance to bring back rdrivera? You are the one who seems to be permanently behind in the game. Finally, why did you change your vote to emc? Does my suspicion of you make my preference to lynch RagingIke a worse , or did you just decide to stop trying to pocket me?
I assume someone counterclaimed emc and he's not the real alien cop, that's why I voted emc after Vecna's push

I would still vote Ike every second

The only person I've ''loved'' this game was Vecna, there was no pocket since I'm town

bozotheclown

#3494 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:22 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:19 pm
what bothers me about Ezio

- he refused to be scanned by alien cop

- he wants to keep infected Ike alive

ding ding dong

- N5 gets another infected

D6 - 6 aliens, 1 + 5 minions alive, town WILL not win
I agree that it looks bad that Ezio does not want RagingIke lynched. It also concerns me that Vecna does not want RagingIke lynched.

Vaporwave

#3495 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:23 pm

I'm not understanding bozo

I gave you a townlean, a small one and got excited when you were actually town

How is that pocket? Can town not call any other player town?

No more joy or happiness when discovering one is right?

for me, pocketing means exaggeration, like 'oh bozo, what would I actually do without you, town leader'

I'm not ashamed to call you town even if you say it's pocketing, we have to assess people's alignments after all

Vecna

#3496 Post by Vecna » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:25 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Ezio wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

If emc is the alien and he has the Alien Heat Gun, he could force a no lynch D6 and potentially control 5 votes D7 for the win.
(which is not an issue if we lynch him today ~ )

bozotheclown

#3497 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:25 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:21 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:16 pm
Vaporwave wrote:

First of all, I do not believe you would make such a bad play as town to shoot Jamie early, and saying you would does not reduce my suspicion. Second, who would not shoot Percy before he had the chance to bring back rdrivera? You are the one who seems to be permanently behind in the game. Finally, why did you change your vote to emc? Does my suspicion of you make my preference to lynch RagingIke a worse , or did you just decide to stop trying to pocket me?
I assume someone counterclaimed emc and he's not the real alien cop, that's why I voted emc after Vecna's push

I would still vote Ike every second

The only person I've ''loved'' this game was Vecna, there was no pocket since I'm town
You just pointed out the risk of not lynching RagingIke. No one counterclaimed emc, so if he is not the Alien Cop he got very lucky that dargorygel was the Alien Cop. This is why I do not think we can be sure between Ezio and emc.

bozotheclown

#3498 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:27 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:23 pm
I'm not understanding bozo

I gave you a townlean, a small one and got excited when you were actually town

How is that pocket? Can town not call any other player town?

No more joy or happiness when discovering one is right?

for me, pocketing means exaggeration, like 'oh bozo, what would I actually do without you, town leader'

I'm not ashamed to call you town even if you say it's pocketing, we have to assess people's alignments after all
It is only pocketing if you turn out to be scum. As scum you would want to be subtle as possible.

bozotheclown

#3499 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:28 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:25 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Ezio wrote:

(which is not an issue if we lynch him today ~ )
That may make emc a safer lynch than Ezio, but I do not like the idea of Ezio going into D6 as the alien controlling 4 votes either.

Vaporwave

#3500 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:29 pm

ok so since bozo confirmed no counterclaim on emc, I find it foolish to vote him because what's the actual chance for dargo to be alien cop and for emc as scum to risk pretending to be alien cop

Coincidences don't work that way

My final vote is on

##VOTE RagingIke

since he has scum equity and also alien infection, it's the safest lynch today if people don't wanna sort Ezio