Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#301 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:41 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:06 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:14 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 pm
##vote e.m.c

now y'all can't yell at me ;p
Sigh. This makes me think you're doing it to protect your scum meta. :neutral:

Emc has to start creating a vote record that can be analyzed. In previous games, he's landed a single vote at the very end of the phase. He's claimed that this is because he can't make up his mind, but it worked pretty well as a scum strategy in M1007. Either he's doing it to protect his scum meta, or he's being too cautious and making it hard for the rest of town to read him.

Either way, it's not helpful to town, so I say we policy lynch emc until he starts plonking votes down at a more reasonable rate.

Vote early. Vote often. ##VOTE EMC
I agree. I am giving one townie point to Fox for trhis.
ezio is not in this game xorxes. why you trying to use that in your first post

Vecna

#302 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:42 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:06 pm
kudos to foodcoats for that kosher advice #35
pulling a wedgie on Foxy for trying to policy-lynch e.m.c and for giving nefarious reasons to worcej's plausible excuse for defending e.m.c

Foxy clinged to past game wins and it bothers me

however, If Foxy is a scum, I can see him buss e.m.c right off the bat (this is a thought for later)

##UNVOTE bozo
his massclaim desire reeks of townie thirst
this post rubs me in many places. im not sure yet if theyre good or bad places

Vecna

#303 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:44 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:17 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:24 pm
worcej tryna help emc hide
Why are you writing like an ant? More scum points for brainbomb.
six thoughts of xorxes that all seem very shallow. hes posting more, but this is no longer town indicative

Vecna

#304 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:47 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:31 pm
I'm going to vote for the next person to use small text and not change my vote until someone does something actually scummy.
yeah life must be hard if the only scummy posts were you and your teammates eh

Vecna

#305 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:50 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:36 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:13 pm
I think town would be better off if everyone claimed their roles to force the scum to claim their fake roles. Otherwise, when we are about to lynch scum, they will just pick their best fake role and claim it to divert the lynch to a town member.
I actually considered suggesting this myself. I haven't thought through how much we would be giving away though because I only all skimmed the roles. I would love to hear opinions on this from everyone but especially from Vecna and bozo.
the setup doesnt give us the tools to catch the lies. it mostly gives us tools to avoid the nightkills.

giving scum the info lets them kill the investigatives while easily dodging all out usefull abilities.

damo666

#306 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:50 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:20 am
A few people have given opinions on the idea of mass claiming roles, but I would like to ask everyone to please enter a vote by adding your name and reporting the following:

support mass claim: bozo
oppose mass claim: brainbomb
There is no way it's gonna happen so I would give up Bozo.

Vecna

#307 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:51 am

brainbomb wrote:
for xorxes to be scum there would require him to believe that town actually finds my scummy, and that im a day 1 lynch option.

I didnt see him really buy into what he was saying there other than just throwing a little mud.
agreed

Vecna

#308 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:52 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:40 pm
Im gonna say xorxes is confident he thinks he has me dead to rights. and he would never display such confidence vs me if he were scum. he usually just tries to mess with my head like the game I lost with him and rivera in f3.

as scum xorx knows he can stay alive on reputation and lay low and out of limelight.

going after brainbomb is not how to lay low as scum.
hes been evolving to include day1 activity in his scumplay.

just read for genuineness

Vecna

#309 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:53 am

Vaporwave wrote:
##VOTE worcej :sick:
not impressed by vapour at all so far. zero genuine posts there either

Vecna

#310 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:54 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:41 pm
Percy, bozo and xorxes feel town on a quick sniff
major alarmbells. percy feels town? wutthefuck?

Vecna

#311 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:57 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:51 pm
worcej would be thrilled to be scum. he would delight at being scumread when hes actually scum for oncr
Would I? Because my last scum game went up in FLAMES! I drew all possible scans on D1 lol...
yeah i was scum with wircej recently. it wasnt pretty. not whatsiever. this feels strongly town worcestershire to mr

Vecna

#312 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:00 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:03 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:00 am
Vaporwave wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:59 pm
my standard town fortress is comprised of: Vecna/Tom Bombadil and xorxes

xorxes' pants look clean from afar ..but a closer inspection is needed later

Vecna is pending...needs to post

and I'm looking forward to see who will replace Tom Bombadil in my towncore
Your towncore has been off for the past couple of games and usually has had a scum in it. Just saying.
you were scum in m44
item thief
your tone is soooo wolfy there jesus christ
oh yes

Vecna

#313 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:02 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:17 am
##Vote EspressoPatronum

:) hi hi. we have our first official bb blendy guy wolfbrether

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 58/35d.jpg
havent really commented but he does have some odd vibey shit going on

Vecna

#314 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:05 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:46 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:44 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:27 pm
I'm opposed to mass claim.

I don't think it will happen anyway, and I think if a partial massclaim happened, that'd be worse for exposing a bunch of information that scum could use while providing sufficient ambiguity/uncertainty for them to hide behind. And I think that keeping scum guessing is a better strategy than putting all the cards on the table, at which point they can build a counterstrategy to whatever plan we come up with.

The only benefit I see is that if it happened today before they can communicate, a scum might slip. Or if the scumteam all has to keep 2 roles straight, they might slip later. But again, that's only possible if it's a complete mass claim, and it's only a chance that it will happen (or that town will notice).
The scum already know more than town about what town roles exist. We can prevent them from using this to their advantage if we claim our roles.
Wait... you're telling me, that right now the Mafia knows more about which Town roles exist, (Which should all be in the OP) and that claiming our roles will negate this advantage (despite the fact they have fake claims available [which I'm really not sure what that is/ how it works entirely] to only add confusion into a mass claim while getting information from Town). Put me on the opposed list.
guys really? if noone commented on this im officially loosing faith in all your bulkshit radars

Vecna

#315 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:05 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:48 am
brainbomb wrote:
Im gonna say xorxes is confident he thinks he has me dead to rights. and he would never display such confidence vs me if he were scum. he usually just tries to mess with my head like the game I lost with him and rivera in f3.

as scum xorx knows he can stay alive on reputation and lay low and out of limelight.

going after brainbomb is not how to lay low as scum.
Mostly right. I'm not that confident about you though, just scumlean at this point.
brainbomb is the most obvtown out of everyone :nmr:

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#316 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:10 am

*clap clap* Wow Vecna you’re so amazing at this game. You caught me, congrats. Why don’t we just hammer vote me now you brilliant god among mafia men.

God, you’re insufferable.

bozotheclown

#319 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:37 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:32 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 am
Percy Williams wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:02 am

I understand, but disagree. The mafia can just fakeclaim the Vt roles, and roles that can't prove themselves yet (like the stick bug, which is a cop around turn four or something), so we're doing five coin flips, while the Mafia team now knows exactly who to kill to ensure that they are coin flip probabilities. This also redefines the game in a way I consider to be less fun, and I want future crazy setups like this.
That is incorrect, the mafia would be forced to claim the exact 5 roles they have available for fake claims. Also, mass claiming has no impact on future games.
Can someone explain fakeclaims for me? Maybe there's something I fundamentally don't understand about provided fakeclaim roles.
But unless they are Mechanically forced to only fakeclaim from their list, they could fake any role where there is no way to prove until you die, or any sort of information finder role, since they will know literally everything (unless we have incorrect claims which undermines the whole thing. Here is a list of Roles Mafia could 100% fake as (unless the rules say they must only claim their given fake role):
1. Sloth (No power until it dies)
2. Eagle (Immunity means nothing as mafia)
3. Albatross (A fake for this doesn't need to tell who they love, as that info let's Mafia double kill, and if they do tell the only way to test is to kill them)
4. Crayfish (They lived past day one, no more ways to test it)
5. Naked mole rat (I've always said anyone could be a naked Mole Rat)
6. Pangolin (See above)
7. Okapi (VT)
8. Tortoise ( You can just "not have anything used on you to absorb")
9.Anglerfish ( The oracle only has proof once dead, and the whole point is to only kill Mafia)
10.Stick Insect (You can name any role if everyone has revealed, and the Mafia could also name a fake Mafia role as the real deal for combined chaos)
11. Harpy Eagle (VT)

11/21 Town roles can EASILY be faked by Mafia. There are other roles that could also be faked fairly easily, but I only included ones that could be faked with little to no effort that have no way of being prematurely discovered until after the flip.

And to clarify on why I mentioned future games, this could be interpreted as going against the spirit of the game, or if it does throw the game to town, then we'd have to have more rules, or different set ups, or get told of by the Mods... THE LOVELY KIND MODS, WHO WE ALL APPRECIATE :-D . I feel now isn't the time to act controversially.

But if I'm completely misunderstanding this, please tell me what a fakeclaim role actually is.
The mafia were given a list of roles not assigned to town to fake claim. If they claim any other roles (with one exception), there would be a town counterclaim. If all the scum counterclaimed a town, they would need us to lynch the town first in all five cases to win.

bozotheclown

#320 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:42 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:50 am
xorxes wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:13 pm
I think town would be better off if everyone claimed their roles to force the scum to claim their fake roles. Otherwise, when we are about to lynch scum, they will just pick their best fake role and claim it to divert the lynch to a town member.
I actually considered suggesting this myself. I haven't thought through how much we would be giving away though because I only all skimmed the roles. I would love to hear opinions on this from everyone but especially from Vecna and bozo.
the setup doesnt give us the tools to catch the lies. it mostly gives us tools to avoid the nightkills.

giving scum the info lets them kill the investigatives while easily dodging all out usefull abilities.
I think you are just looking at the negatives of mass claiming without considering all of the benefits of locking each scum into a fake claimed role. If you were mafia, would you think mass claiming roles would be helpful?