MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#2001 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:27 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:26 pm
I assume bo is at work, working that much is harmful for his health. I suggest everyone to wait for him, Xorxes isn't going to write since he's gone to far galaxies for vacation.

We see rivera inactive ha,
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:19 pm
##vote jamie
I don't drive a bus.
Dargo what are you doing! Don't vote people for only avoiding people's bus thories, if it's not bussing I understand, you don't have to push people. Though I'm starting to think Jamie is bad friend. I may vote him too.
yavu trying to pull votes off Jamie? While hinting at maybe voting there, too?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2002 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 pm
I am usually taken by surprise by who ends up being scum. I can only think of a couple times where I really nailed scum but many, many times that my scumreads have been dead wrong. I'm actually better at townreads. So, I'm going to think outloud here from a different perspective, and this is probably useless, but then again, so is my scumhunting in general across games.

I think the following are pretty much confirmed town (or will be easily exposed by counterclaims): Ghug, Brainbomb, Worcej.

I townread Squigs and HR strongly enough that I'm going to eliminate them from potential scumlist as well, but I think everyone else is at least a candidate.

Snowy, ND, Flash, and Darg are my main scumreads. Let's assume I'm wrong (as usual) and that at least 3 of them are town. Let's take Bismarck out of the pool too, because I've never hit scum by going after lurkers who simply weren't playing.

That leaves: Bo, Bozo, Damo, Doubting Thomas, Jamiet, Rdrivera, Xorxes, Y2K, Yavuz.

(As an aside, I was wondering if the scumteam killed Vecna and teleported Xorxes because they saw them both as threats, and thought they might plan NK'ing Xorxes Night 2 (effectively NK'ing N1), but I realized that they can't, so Xorxes will still get a full day and night of play before potentially being NK'd. So if they're afraid of Xorxes, teleporting him is kinda the wrong strategy, since it keeps him in the game through at least N3, where he'll have even more info, as opposed to being able to kill him N2... That could point to an inexperienced scumteam that didn't think it through, but I think that's unlikely and there's at least one good, experienced player on the scumteam. They presumably just wanted to use the power, and maybe Xorxes was misreading them enough that he's not much of a threat yet, and by teleporting him they can at least force this kind of speculation.)

Anyway, I think of those 9 that remain, the most surprising 5 (mafia+SK) would be Bo, Bozo, Damo, Jamiet, Rdrivera.

Doubting Thomas looks too much like last game for me to really think he's scum (so he'd be beyond surprising, I guess). If Xorxes is scum, he was teleported to make him look good and scum can afford to that because they feel we are so off base they don't need his vote (and that's before the vig-a-palooza set us back), and I think that threshold would be high, so I kinda think he's town. Yavuz always makes me curious what his alignment is, but this game is the usual curiosity, so I think he's one I could swap in. Y2K is already offputting to me, not enough to scumread, but right now, I think I would be less surprised if he's scum, so I'm probably wrong about that.

And that's what I get by starting from the assumption that I'm wrong all the time. But I'm not sure it's really a good enough reason to vote for any them, nfortunately.
This reads townie to me...

Foxcastle

#2003 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 pm

Or are you just happy it doesn't point my vote at you again, Darg?

yavuzovic

#2004 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:32 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:27 pm
yavu trying to pull votes off Jamie? While hinting at maybe voting there, too?
No, why would I? My bo_ read is stronger and I want to lynch him. Isn't that normal I want people support my decision?
I'll present you a read of Jamie soon.

yavuzovic

#2005 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:33 pm

God, he writes like brain! It's gonna be hard to catch something.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2006 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 pm
Or are you just happy it doesn't point my vote at you again, Darg?
I'd plus one this, if it wouldn't get me banned... because of course I am glad you aren't voting for me.
I liked what seems like honest introspection.

brainbomb

#2007 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:34 pm

Ill make scumteam a friendly offer.

We all like this game. This setup.

Lets restart.

Scumteam vote below we can start a new game

We all had some stuff happen that shouldnt have.

Foxcastle

#2008 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 pm

If it's Bo, Bozo, Damo, Jamiet, and Rdrivera, then Rdrivera is presumably the SK since he was on the Darg wagon.

Looking at votes, it's still not a bad theory. Day 1 they spread themselves out pretty well (only Bo and Jamiet ended up together on Snowy). D2 as of right now has Bozo bussing Bo, none of them bussing Jamiet (that might be suspicious actually, I'd think at least one scum would bus the leading wagon this early when there's plenty of opportunity for something else to come up), Damo and Rdrivera on Darg (but they're not the same team, so...), and Jamiet on Snowy, with Bo holding his vote until he can figure out where he might need to put it to avoid the lynch.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2009 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 pm

I wouldn't mind a restart.

ND

#2010 Post by ND » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 pm

I am caught up and just actually kind of upset on a couple of different levels. First, just about out of game stuff, it's not okay to deadpost @Chippie. Please do not do post as a GM in the community it irks me to see people do that. RIP as well and honestly I am surprised which brings me to my second point. Second, damn that shot, was bad. I am not going to trash the Vig as I am sure he had his reasons, but I was really reading Chippie as town and now we lost a PR. This puts us in a really bad place we can't keep making these kinds of mistakes. We are going to lose if we do.

Third, Jamie is clearly scum. I didn't get a lot of response to my post from yesterday, but I articulated why I believed that to be so in that post. I was feeling a bit down today that no one seemed to respond to it, but I think the best bet is Jamie, Fox, or potentially Yav. I went over all these reasons the other day and I do have some other lighter possibilities, but I would be in favor of a lynch on any of those three with the highest possible preference on Jamie.

Fourth, this popped out at me: Page 89: Bismark makes a post which is awful. He says, "Hi, As some of you may be aware already, I started playing last game when coming back from surgery. Contributed well I thought even though I couldn't write as much rubbish as Jamiet or Brainbomb, and in the end Town won with my play and comments being interpreted the right way.
Now, add to the fact that (1) I am in Sydney Australia, so when u awake me sleeping, and (2) I am a teacher and have 3 kids, that means little time. So what I say is straight to point and is what I have spent time analysing.
I am happy with what I have done so far, and nothing since has changed my opinion so far, so until further review later tonight my time:
vote Snowy801 All the action end of Day 1 was to save Snowy, so I figure he is my scum suspect Number 1."

This doesn't make any sense at all and reinforces my earlier belief that he is possible scum. His post just seems so scum-centric and low effort. I don't think he is trying at all. I definitely think he needs to be watched and questioned extensively.

brainbomb

#2011 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 pm

If were gonna restart it should be early its only day 2.

Dont think of it as conceding, think of it as a cease fire.

It was obvious to me jamie was scum.all game. We cant assume it was obvious to anyone else.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2012 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Has there ever been a restart?

brainbomb

#2013 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:40 pm
Has there ever been a restart?
Yep. M3

yavuzovic

#2014 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 pm

Fill the list and restart after lynch, I wonder another flip.

brainbomb

#2015 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 pm

Unless scum is ok just losing a dude to mighty bb's deep probing!

brainbomb

#2016 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:46 pm

If you really wanna restart pm GMs and itd probably need a big majority if not all

yavuzovic

#2017 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Regarding to Jamie,
There's not much thing about him,
I see him not contributing much.
This is what a scum would do.
Or he is doing his stuff on his haed,
Anyway if we're going to restart
##vote Jamie
##end
Let's see his alignment soon.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2018 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:53 pm

We're not hammering Jamie.

brainbomb

#2019 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:55 pm

##Unend

Yea, fair point

Foxcastle

#2020 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:59 pm

##VOTE BO

I doubt he's actually done, but let's see what happens.