Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#1621 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:15 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:57 am
This game just got made a lot easier by the newer players putting in a few killer posts that pretty much absolves them.

The irritation with certain players is palpable.

Balki Bartokomous
kingofthepirates
Rdrivera2005
Bonatogether
Bozotheclown
Spartaculous
BunnyGo
Jamiet99uk
damo666
Lord of Words
ghug
Vecna

The above group is probably all town, in no particular order

Leaving a very easy poe:
Hamilton Brian
Sweetandcool
worcej

Maybe im wrong about 1, which is likely either Rdrivera, Kotp or Bona if some weird bussing occured.

But for now, fuck whether any of these slots bussed or not, thats a crapshoot anyway. Reads reign supreme.
I was not sure about Vecna, but I like this post because I think his POE are all reasonable scum candidates, including his 3 alternates.

BunnyGo

#1622 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 5:15 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:25 pm
As a postscript, Will also divided a bunch of people into two groups that he claimed were seemed suspicious of each other:

Foodcoats, Balki, Jamie, Will, Vecna (acknowledging that he didn't really trust Vecna)

and

Bunny, Bona, Bozo, (sweet?), (brain?).

I'm not sure what to make of this, but I think that his Mafia teammates are more likely than not to be on this list (again, excepting LoW, who really wasn't playing at this point).
I like the process. Go look at how bozo kept disappearing and reappearing in his lists.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

sweetandcool

#1623 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 04, 2024 5:16 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:50 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:47 pm
Very town:
ghug

Pretty town:
Bunny
Jamie

Townish:
Damo
Pirates
LoW
Sparta
Sweet
Vecna

Nulls:
Balki
Bona
Worcej

Scum:
rd
Ham
bozo
Why do you townread / townlean LordofWords?

Don't you think his reads list looked fake?

Doesn't it bother you that he said he re-read the thread three times before making that list, and yet he didn't know Fidelis had been replaced by Brain, he didn't know Brain had died, and he didn't know Foodcoats had died?

Doesn't it bother you that he said he would answer questions about his list, I asked him two questions, and then he made further posts without answering me?
All of it bothers me, but bothering and scumminess aren't the same thing. I think it's more likely he's town overwhelmed by a new interface than scum who wasn't aware his team killed a sub.
I agree with this comment.

But I subscribe to the third option which you have ignored here:

I think he is putting on an act (that may be partly real), similar to DrFidelis last game.

BunnyGo

#1624 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 5:17 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:37 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:58 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:04 pm
I find it interesting that HB is feigning to not have a clue about what is going on this game, yet he feels he can make a judgement call on whether SweetNcool is powerwolfing.
I didn't initiate it; just reflecting on someone else's idea. Why that particular piece? This is you trying your best to generate the miskill of me?
I think Ham is scum.
Yeah…

Bozo-Ham-Just-??

I don’t have time today to dig in.

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#1625 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 5:18 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:40 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:39 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:52 pm

I liked the work you put on this, but I don´t like how you are using this to only focus on the statistical side of this and not the actual game. There were games with heavy bussing (3 out of 4 on M84, and with no-bussing, like M56 with 5 scum voting outside).
Mafia usually buss for a reason: to detach from a partner, to get town credit with a flip, etc. This game I fail to see a reason for Bona and Sweet to push a buss on the GF the way both did. You can say that the other voters like me and the last minute ones could be bussing and it´s a fair take, but you need to consider people motivations and not only statistics.
I think rd is scum.
Well, shall we give it a try?

##VOTE rdrivera2005
Disagree

BunnyGo

#1626 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 5:20 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:50 pm
GM Note:
I would like to remind everyone that today's end of phase will likely process slowly. I have pre-typed a few flavor messages, but I will be at most 2 hours late in posting them. I believe it will be more punctual than that - I just need a minute or two between matches at my tournament.

Brainbomb has offered to post a "Day has ended, please hold" message. Please respect this post if I am not able to make it. Behave like Dargo is watching. He might be.
Thanks @brain!

BunnyGo

#1627 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 5:21 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:10 pm
Wait, the leading wagon is Vecna?
This is very bad. Join me on bozo?

bozotheclown

#1628 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:22 pm

ghug wrote:
Very town:
ghug

Pretty town:
Bunny
Jamie

Townish:
Damo
Pirates
LoW
Sparta
Sweet
Vecna

Nulls:
Balki
Bona
Worcej

Scum:
rd
Ham
bozo
This seems fairly reasonable as well, even though ghug is wrong about me.

There is a risk that ghug and Vecna are mafia setting up the most obvious mis-kills, but I am hopeful that they are both town.

sweetandcool

#1629 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 04, 2024 5:23 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:15 pm
Vecna wrote:
This game just got made a lot easier by the newer players putting in a few killer posts that pretty much absolves them.

Balki Bartokomous
kingofthepirates
Rdrivera2005
Bonatogether
Bozotheclown
Spartaculous
BunnyGo
Jamiet99uk
damo666
Lord of Words
ghug
Vecna

Leaving a very easy poe:
Hamilton Brian
Sweetandcool
worcej

Maybe im wrong about 1, which is likely either Rdrivera, Kotp or Bona if some weird bussing occured.

But for now, fuck whether any of these slots bussed or not, thats a crapshoot anyway. Reads reign supreme.
I was not sure about Vecna, but I like this post because I think his POE are all reasonable scum candidates, including his 3 alternates.
Please explain. Ignoring any paranoia about your alignment, I genuinely don't understand this.

Given what we have seen from Pirate from previous games, I think it extraordinarily unlikely that he would bus like that.

There is some possibility of Bona bussing, but it felt like Town Bona latching onto scum Will. Obviously he was happy to vote Will way before I did, then once I made my vote he happily supported the wagon he wanted. He possibly even had in mind that he could trap scum sweetandcool into bussing his teammate, which I would say he succeeded in doing (if I were actually Mafia).

I think the acting job would have to be too great for Bona to actually be Mafia here.

rdr makes sense as an alternate.

I haven't seen an argument for scumming worcej and certainly there are better candidates for D2. I can kind of understand scumming sweetandcool, but my counterarguments are rock solid and actually it makes no sense given my past scum history.

Ham is kind of a lazy scumslot to put in, but it might be correct.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I got carried away assessing the list, but seriously, could you be specific with your thoughts on these slots, in a way similar to what I just did?

bozotheclown

#1630 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:24 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Spartaculous wrote:
As a postscript, Will also divided a bunch of people into two groups that he claimed were seemed suspicious of each other:

Foodcoats, Balki, Jamie, Will, Vecna (acknowledging that he didn't really trust Vecna)

and

I'm not sure what to make of this, but I think that his Mafia teammates are more likely than not to be on this list (again, excepting LoW, who really wasn't playing at this point).
I like the process. Go look at how bozo kept disappearing and reappearing in his lists.
Do you only suspect me because of Just scum reading me?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1631 Post by ghug » Sat May 04, 2024 5:29 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:35 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:04 pm

lmao??
What do you make of this, Bona?
already stated. no loose questioning for you
You explained what you find odd about it. I didn't see you converting that to an opinion on Vecna and his motivations.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1632 Post by ghug » Sat May 04, 2024 5:30 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:17 pm
ghug wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:58 pm

I didn't initiate it; just reflecting on someone else's idea. Why that particular piece? This is you trying your best to generate the miskill of me?
I think Ham is scum.
Yeah…

Bozo-Ham-Just-??

Bozo/Ham/Just/rdr

This is the shot I am calling

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1633 Post by ghug » Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:21 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:10 pm
Wait, the leading wagon is Vecna?
This is very bad. Join me on bozo?
Sure.

##VOTE bozo

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1634 Post by ghug » Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:22 pm
ghug wrote:
Very town:
ghug

Pretty town:
Bunny
Jamie

Townish:
Damo
Pirates
LoW
Sparta
Sweet
Vecna

Nulls:
Balki
Bona
Worcej

Scum:
rd
Ham
bozo
This seems fairly reasonable as well, even though ghug is wrong about me.

There is a risk that ghug and Vecna are mafia setting up the most obvious mis-kills, but I am hopeful that they are both town.
Bozo townreads me. Scum confirmed.

bozotheclown

#1635 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:34 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:23 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Vecna wrote:

Balki Bartokomous
kingofthepirates
Rdrivera2005
Bonatogether
Bozotheclown
Spartaculous
BunnyGo
Jamiet99uk
damo666
Lord of Words
ghug
Vecna

Leaving a very easy poe:
Hamilton Brian
Sweetandcool
worcej

Please explain. Ignoring any paranoia about your alignment, I genuinely don't understand this.

Given what we have seen from Pirate from previous games, I think it extraordinarily unlikely that he would bus like that.

There is some possibility of Bona bussing, but it felt like Town Bona latching onto scum Will. Obviously he was happy to vote Will way before I did, then once I made my vote he happily supported the wagon he wanted. He possibly even had in mind that he could trap scum sweetandcool into bussing his teammate, which I would say he succeeded in doing (if I were actually Mafia).

I think the acting job would have to be too great for Bona to actually be Mafia here.

I haven't seen an argument for scumming worcej and certainly there are better candidates for D2. I can kind of understand scumming sweetandcool, but my counterarguments are rock solid and actually it makes no sense given my past scum history.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I got carried away assessing the list, but seriously, could you be specific with your thoughts on these slots, in a way similar to what I just did?
In your case, I still question how you had Just third in you willingness to vote order, then changed your mind and voted for him. The things that concerns me about Bonatogether is that he called Just scum after his first post, although he says it was a joke, and the comments Just made about Bonatogether D1 seem like possible distancing. If you both are town and correctly scum read Just D1 and got him DKed, then that was a great play and I will be sorry for being skeptical.

I am not familiar with kingofthepirates, but he is in the same group as rdrivera, worcej, and BunnyGo, who all chose to vote for Just at EOD without having previously expressed any suspicion of him during D1.

Hamilton has not been engaged with the game much, which is consistent with his recent scum games, which unfortunately for him have been more than probable.

sweetandcool

#1636 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 04, 2024 5:40 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:34 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:23 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

In your case, I still question how you had Just third in you willingness to vote order, then changed your mind and voted for him. The things that concerns me about Bonatogether is that he called Just scum after his first post, although he says it was a joke, and the comments Just made about Bonatogether D1 seem like possible distancing. If you both are town and correctly scum read Just D1 and got him DKed, then that was a great play and I will be sorry for being skeptical.

I am not familiar with kingofthepirates, but he is in the same group as rdrivera, worcej, and BunnyGo, who all chose to vote for Just at EOD without having previously expressed any suspicion of him during D1.

Hamilton has not been engaged with the game much, which is consistent with his recent scum games, which unfortunately for him have been more than probable.
Thank you.

Well, I can tell you that before Bona even explained it to you, I knew he was joking the first two times he called Will scum.

It was only when Bona and Will started going back and forth that his scumread got serious.

BunnyGo

#1637 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 5:41 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:24 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Spartaculous wrote:

and

Do you only suspect me because of Just scum reading me?
Not just that.

He scummed you and then forgot. And then linked you with other “scum reads” for no reason.

That was the start.

Your ISO reads unlike the town bozo that scum!bunny is scared of. That bozo gets a bone, makes a case, and grinds scum down.

This game’s bozo is just showing up. It’s like every post is an anchor post.

bozotheclown

#1638 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:41 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:30 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
ghug wrote:

I think Ham is scum.
Yeah…

Bozo-Ham-Just-??

Bozo/Ham/Just/rdr

You are wrong, but I would be OK with voting for Hamilton or rdrivera.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1639 Post by ghug » Sat May 04, 2024 5:43 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:41 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:30 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

Yeah…

Bozo-Ham-Just-??

Bozo/Ham/Just/rdr

You are wrong, but I would be OK with voting for Hamilton or rdrivera.
Put your vote where your mouth is, then. I'll switch with you to either.

sweetandcool

#1640 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 04, 2024 5:48 pm

Okay, I am clearly not going to get any real work done. Didn't realize it was the weekend and consequently just don't feel up to it. Sorry for the low effort.

I've been so focused on other things that I forgot to consider who coyld have been trying to save Will.

While some bussing may have occured, it's reasonable to assume that would have happened after an attempt to save Will.

The three people who jump out are Jamiet, Vecna, and ghug.

I think Jamiet is Town and am currently giving ghug a pass for being a RB. So that just leads back to Vecna again.