Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#2741 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 1:07 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:06 pm
I was roleblocked.
I am inclined to believe this claim.

If I was on the Mafia team I would be throwing the roleblock around at random trying to cause confusion.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Jamiet99uk

#2742 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 1:20 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:12 pm
##vote hamilton
##end
worcej wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:13 pm
Do we need to discuss this shit more?
I am not a fan of Worcej immediately trying to shut down the phase.

Jamiet99uk

#2743 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 1:22 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:33 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:12 pm
##vote hamilton
##end
I am sure it feels cool to write out "end" like it's a giant and menacing exclamation point. But you know we're not going to join you on that. You know it is bad for town to end the phase now. I'd like you to please stop doing it.
Firmly agree with Balki's take here.

Jamiet99uk

#2744 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 1:24 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:37 pm
Spartaculous wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:06 pm
I was roleblocked.
##vote Sparta
A quick vote from Bunny with no explanation.

Jamiet99uk

#2745 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 1:26 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:41 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:38 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:37 pm

##vote Sparta
How come?
1) everything I originally said is still true

2) his wonderful data work is wonderful, but NAI. It’s all data from outside this instance of the game, and someone capable of doing it is capable of doing it as scum for credit without giving anything away

3) it’s a thought about the signals being sent by the scum team with their RB usage. Why I think they killed damo, and why they didn’t RB night 2 but did claim to night 3.
Noting that Bunny's main reason for voting Sparta so immediately, was the RB claim.

BunnyGo

#2746 Post by BunnyGo » Fri May 10, 2024 1:26 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:57 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:48 pm

Here I am starting to go through the whole of the current day, from this marker, Flavius style. Forgive me if this is annoying, but I need to do it.
I love those flavius catch ups. I’m here for this.

Sigh. Can’t figure out how to get the popcorn gif to post. 🍿
You are being surprisingly nice to me considering how obnoxious I was towards you earlier, but thank you for that.

It's no excuse, but I have been struggling in RL following the death of my grandmother at the weekend, and I have been drinking quite heavily again. It's no excuse but thank you for not shouting at me.
No worries. I was doing my “manic bunny pushes buttons” phase.

My condolences on your grandmother’s recent death. May her memory be a blessing.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#2747 Post by BunnyGo » Fri May 10, 2024 1:27 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:26 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:53 pm

I love those flavius catch ups. I’m here for this.

Sigh. Can’t figure out how to get the popcorn gif to post. 🍿
You are being surprisingly nice to me considering how obnoxious I was towards you earlier, but thank you for that.

It's no excuse, but I have been struggling in RL following the death of my grandmother at the weekend, and I have been drinking quite heavily again. It's no excuse but thank you for not shouting at me.
No worries. I was doing my “manic bunny pushes buttons” phase.

My condolences on your grandmother’s recent death. May her memory be a blessing.
Also I grew up in NJ/NYC…I’ve been called worse before breakfast by good friends.

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Spartaculous

#2748 Post by Spartaculous » Fri May 10, 2024 1:31 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
I'm sorry for your loss, Jamie. Losing a grandparent can be very hard. I sometimes tear up when I think about the passing of my grandfather, and that was 5 years ago. As Bunny said: may her memory be a blessing.

Jamiet99uk

#2749 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 1:37 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:42 pm
Lastly,

I did have one epiphany during night, one wondrous nugget.

This game was notable in that rdr pocketed me. I don't think that has ever happened and is a bit suspicious.

On top of that, before I got sidetracked by thinking the team was Vecna, LoW, Bozo, rdr was also listed as a top candidate.

Now I literally forgot why that was the case, but now that I have access to the bot I will review him because:

When Dip took over for rdr, he quickly assessed the situation and "correctly" decided to vote LoW. I think for a new player joining, psychologically speaking, it would have been very likely to place the traditional vote against the fake claimer Ham, rather than parse the arguments against it.

Particularly, if Dip was filling a scum slot, then regardless of Ham's alignment of course he would support the LoW wagon.

I think he must be scum. I will review his slot and see what fruit it bears.

PS, while I think the Ham wagon is a mistake, I will recognize that since Town allowed Ham to survive one more day despite wanting him gone, it's only fair for me to "return the favour", so to speak.

##VOTE Ham
This post is very interesting.

Sweet provides a reason, which on the face of it could be a valid reason, for suspecting D&W.

Sweet then proceeds to explain that he thinks voting for Hamilton is a mistake, but then votes for Hamilton anyway. This is a strange take. If you're a VT, your vote is your main weapon. Casting a vote you believe to be wrong is not pro-town behaviour.

Jamiet99uk

#2750 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 1:39 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:44 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

PS, while I think the Ham wagon is a mistake, I will recognize that since Town allowed Ham to survive one more day despite wanting him gone, it's only fair for me to "return the favour", so to speak.

##VOTE Ham
This is a good vote.

Meh reasoning. B, B-. But a good vote.
The "reasoning" was terrible.

Why was it a good vote?

Spartaculous

#2751 Post by Spartaculous » Fri May 10, 2024 2:06 pm

I am glad that the emotions of yesterday have cooled off. Yesterday was my course's final examination, so I had to make sure that 450 students successfully took a 3-hour long test. Now I have a bit more headspace.

I am going to try to tell a story. I don't know whether or not it works, but it is a story, and hopefully it will lead me to a correct vote.

1. I am town.

2. Ham is town. This is because Will forgot to include him in his reads, along with the fact that damo was offed and I was RBed suggest that the Mafia thought one of us was the Clerk and had cleared Ham.

3. kotp is town. He is one of the handful of players I have interacted with elsewhere on the site. I really don't see him as the type of player to bus his own godfather on day 1 (especially as such a critical vote).

4. Jamie is town. He started the LoW wagon on Day 2 (that eventually led to LoW's demise on Day 3 when I brought it back), which

5. sweetandcool is town. I think that sweetandcool would have spotted the crumbs from Ham on Day 1, and Ham would have been a goner. Also, I still believe his passionate argument against him bussing his godfather on day 1.

Which adds up to: the entire Day 2 LoW wagon was town?! Huh?

So then where are all of the Mafia players?

6. Does that mean that worcej is town? If LoW [who was town] is set to be voted off, why would worcej risk a tie?

7. And it seems like bozo would be town as well. I assume that Mafia wouldn't risk losing a second member on Day 2. If bozo was Mafia, Mafia would have more heavily jumped on the LoW wagon at the end.

This game is hard. I am running out of people to read as Mafia. I only have rdandW, Bunny, Balki, Bonatogether, and Vecna.

Bunny seems to have soft claimed Clerk, if memory serves (I think he said something to the effect of "wait until EoD when I post my scans"). I don't know what the strategy is around voting for soft-claims.

Balki seems to be offering light discussion and is being rather personable. From a "game enjoyment" perspective, it would be a shame for him to go. But it's not enough to townclear him or anything.

Vecna spent most of Day 2 as a major wagon. That fell apart, for reasons I don't really understand, and it hasn't been brought back since.

rdandW and Bonatogether were two of my earliest Mafia candidates, as I identified them as strong Day 1 bussing candidates. I don't feel too confident in this right now, but here goes:

##VOTE DiplomacyandWarfare

But I think I could be convinced to vote for someone else in this bottom list.

Jamiet99uk

#2752 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 2:56 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:45 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Why do you think they killed him?
I would imagine that their #1 focus, above all else, is to find Cop. So I assume they thought he was likely to be Cop.
Why would they think that?
I have explained why I agree with Balki here.

Jamiet99uk

#2753 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 2:57 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:51 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:50 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:49 pm

I don't know why they would think Damo is Cop. But I can say with a lot of confidence that the main focus of their N3 kill would have been to kill Cop.
What was damo’s very very strong advocacy D3?
I don't know. Maybe I should. But I don't. What was it? Did it have to do with Hamilton?
Strange you would forget that.

Jamiet99uk

#2754 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 2:58 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:54 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:51 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:50 pm

What was damo’s very very strong advocacy D3?
I don't know. Maybe I should. But I don't. What was it? Did it have to do with Hamilton?
Yes. He begged. Begged us to not vote HamBone. That he trusted Ham’s VT-ness.

Why would that be? Well…I stopped voting Ham because I thought damo was cop and had scanned HamB N2 and got a clear.

Scum killing damo means they suspected that too. Which means HamB isn’t scum.
This is a plausible theory.

BunnyGo

#2755 Post by BunnyGo » Fri May 10, 2024 3:01 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:39 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

##VOTE Ham
This is a good vote.

Why was it a good vote?
Because scum try to be consistent in their statements and votes. Sweet is saying one thing and doing another and clearly lost and confused. Not selling a narrative.

Jamiet99uk

#2756 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 3:03 pm

In between this post:
sweetandcool wrote:
Lastly,

I did have one epiphany during night, one wondrous nugget.

This game was notable in that rdr pocketed me. I don't think that has ever happened and is a bit suspicious.

On top of that, before I got sidetracked by thinking the team was Vecna, LoW, Bozo, rdr was also listed as a top candidate.

Now I literally forgot why that was the case, but now that I have access to the bot I will review him because:

When Dip took over for rdr, he quickly assessed the situation and "correctly" decided to vote LoW. I think for a new player joining, psychologically speaking, it would have been very likely to place the traditional vote against the fake claimer Ham, rather than parse the arguments against it.

Particularly, if Dip was filling a scum slot, then regardless of Ham's alignment of course he would support the LoW wagon.

I think he must be scum. I will review his slot and see what fruit it bears.

##VOTE Ham
And this post:
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:57 pm
Okay, then ##VOTE Dip for now
There was no commentary / discussion / posting, by Sweet, about Dip’n’War. A promise to review his slot and “see what fruit it bears” went undelivered, but Sweet voted there anyway.

Suspect.

Jamiet99uk

#2757 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 3:04 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:01 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:39 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

This is a good vote.

Why was it a good vote?
Because scum try to be consistent in their statements and votes. Sweet is saying one thing and doing another and clearly lost and confused. Not selling a narrative.
You mean it was a bad vote that came from an innocent place, then?

Jamiet99uk

#2758 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 3:05 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:16 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:13 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:07 pm

Better tell us your scans.
##vote sweet
:lol: you literally suggested you could be cop. It's not like I pointed out a crumb or a subtle soft. I assume you are not really claiming but you might as well sell it by providing scans.
I am not sure what to make of this exchange.

Bonatogether

#2759 Post by Bonatogether » Fri May 10, 2024 3:14 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 am
A sordid affair: The history of sweetandcool as Mafia

1. My first game as Mafia, M83, I got axed D1 by Ham. Okay, tough go, but I'll be ready next time.

2. My second game as Mafia, M84, my ENTIRE team of ghug, worcej, and Will hellbussed me into oblivion on D1. I was a bit upset that yet again I didn't get to really participate as Mafia, but at least I helped my team win.

3. My third game as Mafia, M86, Will unnecessarily bussed me to death on D1, despite me being the Godfather. After I entered the God Thread I was so upset I talked about just taking a very long break from the game. Worcej and probably others can vouch for how terribly upset I was.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, after all of that disappointment and anger over being bussed and not allowed to even enter the Mafia Chat and have fun making plans with my teammates, I decide this game to bus the Godfather of my team?

Absolutely not.

To believe I would do something like that you would have to believe:

Case 1: I wanted to get payback at Will.

Case 2: I came up with the genius plan of ignoring my feelings and natural mental state to bus my GF knowing that I could absolve myself of being a potential busser by posting this amazingly convincing argument.

Case 3: I'm secretly some sort of unfeeling psychopath.

Case 4: ???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In conclusion, anyone who thinks I would have bussed Will D1 either thinks incredibly highly of me or just doesn't understand basic human behavior.
3 is a known fact for all people here but me, who loves small animals

Bonatogether

#2760 Post by Bonatogether » Fri May 10, 2024 3:16 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:55 pm
M88 Day 4 Vote Count 3
bozotheclown (2): Balki Bartokomous, Jamiet99uk
Hamilton Brian (2): worcej [END], Bonatogether [END]
sweetandcool (2): DiplomacyandWarfare, Vecna
Balki Bartokomous (1): BunnyGo
DiplomacyandWarfare (1): sweetandcool [END]