Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#4381 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:18 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:42 pm
Unlikely to be around in the next 3.5 hours, so in case I die (though I think it'll be Tom): lynch Dargo tomorrow. Then probably lynch Espresso either way.

Percy and Worcej are scum. Lynch them.

In the event that Espresso is town, put flash to the question.

Foodcoats or Jamiet are my outside chances.
Percy is verifiable now on D5.

I am not verifiable but you can mislynch me to see I am town if you must. Just don’t do it before MyLo.

xorxes

#4383 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:20 pm

worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:11 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:01 am
@Worcej, did you or did you not soft Oracle?
I did try to soft it to try to draw the NK. I also wanted to show that I didn’t mind being mislynched early, which is true. As one of the few VTs in this setup, I felt my job was to protect PRs any way possible. Sacrificing myself is one way to do this.
Your explanation makes little sense. Why would softing Oracle draw the NK? The last person scum want to kill is the Oracle.

Are you saying you were trying to save Vapor?

worcej

#4384 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:21 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:20 pm
[quote=worcej post_id=94806 time=<a href="tel:1564341099">1564341099</a> user_id=857]
[quote=xorxes post_id=94701 time=<a href="tel:1564272081">1564272081</a> user_id=229]
I did try to soft it to try to draw the NK. I also wanted to show that I didn’t mind being mislynched early, which is true. As one of the few VTs in this setup, I felt my job was to protect PRs any way possible. Sacrificing myself is one way to do this.
[/quote]

Your explanation makes little sense. Why would softing Oracle draw the NK? The last person scum want to kill is the Oracle.

[/quote]I was trying to save any PR we had.

worcej

#4385 Post by worcej » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:32 pm

FWIW, these next few days are pretty procedural.

D5 is now Ep/Darg - one is scum. Get it right, 8-3, wrong 7-4.

N5 is Percy or a clear - percy not dying will be suspect.

D6 is either 7-3 or 6-4 (mylo). If we are at 6-4, we have to lynch the other between darg and EP. There is no sense in lynching anyone else. Go to 6-3.
If we have 7-3 already, we do what Percy says. If he is scum, he will probably town a teammate. We can confirm his reveal by lynching him because we will not be at mylo. If he is scum and scums a town, he becomes the D7 lynch.

N6 is a clear most likely. We are at any of the following = 6-3, 7-2, 6-3.

D7 is xorxes if he doesn’t innocent child. Percy if he scums a town.

N7 is probably a clear of some sort.

bozotheclown

#4386 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:37 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:44 pm
In case I die tonight (unlikely but not impossible):

worcej needs to explain why he softed Oracle when he was the counterwagon to Vapor. Jamiet needs to explain why this didn't bother him.

I think both Tracker claims are fake because the scumteam seemed not to be concerned about there being a Tracker. On N3, potential tracker!damo was neither killed nor roleblocked, while the roleblocker and the killer went out and exposed themselves to being tracked. I don't believe the scumteam could possibly have thought that Vapor was the Tracker while having no concern that damo might be.

Based on all of this my current bet is dargo, Espresso, worcej, Jamiet.

I may change my mind if I'm still alive tomorrow.
That is a good point about the Oracle, xorxes may be right here, although that would be a very good bus of Chaqa by worcej. I think he is capable of pulling it off, though.

xorxes

#4387 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:09 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:06 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:03 am
why do you want to wait until eod to share your thoughts on bo?
**sigh**

Because I have been intentionally softing that I don't care about my death to reaction test people. His jump to vapor seemed to fall into that 'oh shit' response.

And to be crystal clear: I am not claiming anything.
The only town role that wouldn't care about their death is the Oracle (or possibly the Lover). So you thought bo picked up your Oracle softs and thus jumped to vapor because he was scum that didn't want to lynch the Oracle?

bozotheclown

#4388 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:43 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:42 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:09 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:33 pm

Sorry, how does this relate to Percy?
For this theory to be correct, all of the scum would have to be unable to claim DP. We know Chaqa could not claim DP, so one possibility is Percy, you, Espresso, and foodcoats are scum. Another possibility is Percy, you, Espresso, and bo_sox are scum, and stuck with BP and DP to claim. There are probably other possibilities, but most of them likely include Percy.
Why do you think Xorxes, Bo_sox, Espresso, and foodcoats is unlikely? This doesn't disprove my claim specifically in anyway, it plants equal suspicion on all claims ( before the moment he's talking about that is)
I said most of the possibilities likely included you, not all possibilities.

EspressoPatronum

#4389 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:55 pm

Catching up on the thread. I'm traveling rn, so I probably won't have a chance to make any meaningful posts for the next while.

Liking the discussion about the DP smokescreen. A few questions were directed at me - I'll get to those when I can.

##vote darg

bozotheclown

#4390 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:07 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:07 pm
Okay, here it is.

I am the ORACLE. Highly ironic, given my real life handsomeness, that I would have to play as such an ugly creature as the Anglerfish, but such is life.

I crumbed my role on page 50 when I mentioned Ceefax. Ceefax was a British television-based "teletext" information system, almost a precursor to some of the basic functions of the internet, but accessed via a television signal where appropriately equipped television sets could display up to 999 indexed, regularly updated pages of news, weather, sports, entertainment, cookery, listings, etc.

Ceefax was one of two rival UK teletext systems. The other system was called...

**ORACLE**

That was my crumb.

I also softed my role a couple of times, like on page 149 where I listed a bunch of roles in lower case, but I used an initial capital letter for "Oracle".

I am currently set to reveal Xorxes if I am killed.
It would be a good idea for the scum to crumb all of the fake claim roles D1 in a way unlikely to be detected.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:48 pm
Oh look Vecna scumreads me just like he does every single game.

I love old fashioned nostalgic things. Ceefax, Angel Delight, Monster Munch, shell suits, Vecna scumreading me, Watney's Red Barrel, Crackerjack.... ah, the warm fuzzy memories of my youth.
This list made me think you might have even crumbed other roles at the same time.

For instance, I wonder if this might have been a tracker crumb:

shell suit (plural shell suits)

(chiefly Britain) A lightweight tracksuit consisting of a zip-front jacket and matching elasticated trousers, each having an outer nylon shell, often bearing panels and flashes of different colours, and inner cotton lining; popular in the late 1980s and early 1990s both as sportswear and as general leisurewear.

xorxes

#4391 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:20 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:07 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I love old fashioned nostalgic things. Ceefax, Angel Delight, Monster Munch, shell suits, Vecna scumreading me, Watney's Red Barrel, Crackerjack.... ah, the warm fuzzy memories of my youth.
This list made me think you might have even crumbed other roles at the same time.

For instance, I wonder if this might have been a tracker crumb:

shell suit (plural shell suits)

(chiefly Britain) A lightweight tracksuit consisting of a zip-front jacket and matching elasticated trousers, each having an outer nylon shell, often bearing panels and flashes of different colours, and inner cotton lining; popular in the late 1980s and early 1990s both as sportswear and as general leisurewear.
If you are correct, and we can decypher some of the others (Lover, DP, and okapi?) then we could get the entire team from that.

xorxes

#4392 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:

Lover, Oracle, Divine Presence, okapi, Tracker?

An okapi is a bit monstrous, isn't it? :shock:

EspressoPatronum

#4393 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:52 pm

I was roleblocked last night btw. I'm not sure why, as my power was already done.

Apologies for not mentioning it earlier. I didn't see the PM icon.

EspressoPatronum

#4394 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:52 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:52 pm
I was roleblocked last night btw. I'm not sure why, as my power was already done.

Pretty sure the scumteam is just taunting me.

xorxes

#4395 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:57 pm

EspressoPatronum wrote:
EspressoPatronum wrote:

Pretty sure the scumteam is just taunting me.
Possible if you're town.

bozotheclown

#4396 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:27 am

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Lover, Oracle, Divine Presence, okapi, Tracker?

An okapi is a bit monstrous, isn't it? :shock:
It is a nice theory.

bozotheclown

#4397 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:03 am

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:20 pm
worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:11 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:01 am

I agree this explanation does not make sense, and worcej was trying hard to avoid getting lynched D3, pushing the Vapor lynch in the process.

bozotheclown

#4398 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:21 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:09 pm
##Vote Bozotheclown
But I think EP is scum in the tracker claims battle. Dargo's counter claim felt a lot more genuine to me.
Why don't you want to resolve the tracker claims today?

bozotheclown

#4399 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:38 am

Since the cow is gone, and the DP went unclaimed, it seems likely that the competing tracker claims are because mafia felt they had no one who could claim DP without drawing suspicion. If this is the case, Espresso's hypo-DP claiming likely contributed, so that really backfired if he was doing that as scum. Espresso started it during N2, when the scum would have been able to talk about it. dargorygel waited until D3 to respond to the hypo-DP claiming:
dargorygel wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:08 pm
N1 I think I would have DPed brain
dargorygel obviously did not think this through, which he might not have done as tracker, but it could have been a mistake as scum that forced him to cc the tracker instead of claiming DP.

Espresso and dargorygel both being scum is still a possibility, but if only one is scum, I now think it is more likely dargorygel.

dargorygel has also still not answered my question about Chaqa, so at least until he does:

##VOTE dargorygel

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4400 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 am

I am pretty confident it is darg over DP:

##VOTE darg