Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#601 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:57 pm

@Balki

Durga seems loose and genuine to me - I think if she was scum she would be calculated as even the prospect of being scum stresses her out I think.

I think saying her vote of ChippeRock is safe is a silly reason to base an opninion in as she townreads him and it’s clearly a frustrated with him vote versus a scumread vote.

I liked her post asking about teacon being funny. That seemed organic. Scum would find a more concrete thing to attack I feel whereas something like that is trying to solve from a town mindset. I also like her being on Flavs case.

Durga

#602 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:58 pm

The only benefit to Chippe's garbage is that Carl is like 99% town

et

#603 Post by et » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:40 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:07 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:53 pm

I don’t scumread ChippeRock and needed to put my vote elsewhere. His observation about ND felt unnatural and I don’t know what it accomplished besides trying to get other people to take up the torch against ND who is one of the most lynchable players in every game he is in.
@Tom, do you have some town reads? Still hoping for more from you. Can you please claim a PR and make something useful happen?

I don’t have strong townreads yet. I do think Durga is likely town. And I think squiggs and Carl are likely town as well, but not as strong a feeling as Durga.

@et: I wouldn’t call it a temporary vote, no. I may move it, sure, but I am comfortable lynching TrPrado at this point
Thanks. When I don't have strong conference and there are much time left, I don't vote someone. So I wasn't able to understand your vote. But for now, I think that is your way to playing and that may have no relationship to you are town or scum.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#604 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:46 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:44 pm
@Tom, why do you think Durga is Town? She seems to be acting in a bit of a safe zone so far. The Moscow and Chippe votes feel safe and non-confrontational to me.
What is the "safe zone"?
It’s like the friendzone or the endzone, but for things that are “safe.”

I just mean that there are actions and directions that are more likely to get you noticed, examined, and discussed. There are arguments and targets that are likely to lead to pushback. I find that Town!Durga usually hops on, guns blazing, unafraid of the potential return fire. In this game, pushing Chippe late based on a rules violation and then parking a vote on Moscow for lurking feels pretty safe for you.

Why ya being all safezoney?

teacon7

#605 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:57 pm
So why did you just devote all that space to it?

See, if Chippe is town (and I think he likely is), the scum team want to keep him around as long as possible because he's going to take up attention from actual scumhunting. So it looks to me like what you just did is fan those flames and then say "oh, let's not!"
Well ignoring something doesn't make it go away. Primarily, I was making a textdoc dump of responses while I caught up. I was weighing in with a "Teacon also thinks this," which adds that bit of information to the game for the other players. I also addressed Chippe directly.

That said, there's been talk about a policy lynch on lurkers, or lurkers who have historically historically flown under the radar. What do you think of a policy lynch @fox?

Durga

#606 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:00 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:46 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:44 pm
@Tom, why do you think Durga is Town? She seems to be acting in a bit of a safe zone so far. The Moscow and Chippe votes feel safe and non-confrontational to me.
What is the "safe zone"?
It’s like the friendzone or the endzone, but for things that are “safe.”

I just mean that there are actions and directions that are more likely to get you noticed, examined, and discussed. There are arguments and targets that are likely to lead to pushback. I find that Town!Durga usually hops on, guns blazing, unafraid of the potential return fire. In this game, pushing Chippe late based on a rules violation and then parking a vote on Moscow for lurking feels pretty safe for you.

Why ya being all safezoney?
Where am I afraid of potential return fire? I've said and done what I've wanted- other than fight with ND which I am not doing for my own mental sanity. **You** can think theyr'e safe options but, hey, I don't play this game to satisfy your image of me :)

teacon7

#607 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:07 pm

@et - if you vote early, you can change your vote later on. If you had to vote in the next hour, who would you vote for and why?

@damo - looks like you're on the thread. Care to share some thoughts?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#608 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:09 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:03 pm
Where am I afraid of potential return fire? I've said and done what I've wanted- other than fight with ND which I am not doing for my own mental sanity. **You** can think theyr'e safe options but, hey, I don't play this game to satisfy your image of me :)
I’m not telling you how to play. I’m commenting on how you are playing, and I’m surprised Tom reads you as Town based on what we’ve seen so far.

Durga

#609 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:09 pm
Durga wrote:
I’m not telling you how to play. I’m commenting on how you are playing, and I’m surprised Tom reads you as Town based on what we’ve seen so far.
Fair. Carry on then

Foxcastle

#610 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:12 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:57 pm
So why did you just devote all that space to it?

See, if Chippe is town (and I think he likely is), the scum team want to keep him around as long as possible because he's going to take up attention from actual scumhunting. So it looks to me like what you just did is fan those flames and then say "oh, let's not!"
Well ignoring something doesn't make it go away. Primarily, I was making a textdoc dump of responses while I caught up. I was weighing in with a "Teacon also thinks this," which adds that bit of information to the game for the other players. I also addressed Chippe directly.

That said, there's been talk about a policy lynch on lurkers, or lurkers who have historically historically flown under the radar. What do you think of a policy lynch @fox?
You can just say Moscow Fleet. Maybe if you say Moscow Fleet out loud enough, Moscow Fleet will show up and play. Moscow Fleet.

I think policy lynching lurkers on Day 1 is a reasonable plan—since we're likely to hit town anyway (barring a scumslip or other obvscum, which does happen), why not clear out some chaff. And I think it's better on Day 1 than Days 2 or 3 when we should be more aggressively scumhunting (and when policy lynches are much more likely to be scum motivated or to benefit scum). But I also doubt that there's practical support for it in general, and Day 1 will be much more useful in hindsight if we just let things play out.

As for Moscow Fleet, I think that there are still 28 hours to go, and pressuring Moscow Fleet now is less useful than pressuring Moscow Fleet closer to EOD. If Moscow Fleet is scum, making Moscow Fleet show up now and be vague is less useful than making Moscow Fleet participate closer to EOD when Moscow Fleet has to make more calculated decisions. So I'm not going to pressure vote Moscow Fleet now. Moscow Fleet.

Durga

#611 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:14 pm

I genuinely just think we need to change our meta involving lurkers bc I'm still very salty about the last game.

Foxcastle

#612 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:17 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:14 pm
I genuinely just think we need to change our meta involving lurkers bc I'm still very salty about the last game.
This is a side debate, so we needn't get into here, but I'd be all for changing the rules so that a tie vote kills the lowest poster.

Durga

#613 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:17 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:17 pm
Durga wrote:
This is a side debate, so we needn't get into here, but I'd be all for changing the rules so that a tie vote kills the lowest poster.
No I mean we need to show them that we're ok to lynch them

Foxcastle

#614 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Durga wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Durga wrote:
No I mean we need to show them that we're ok to lynch them
Also a fine plan, but I doubt it happens.

teacon7

#615 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:21 pm

Agreed: we need to look at lurkers.
But to clarify: How AI is lurking in a game this big?
What counts as lurking in this context? EP has 17 posts but that's nothing compared to squigs' 77.
Moscow and bozo are at the bottom

@fox - You don't think there's something to any of the other discussions? There's not much to go on with lurkers.

@bozo - what do you think of a lurker policy? Would you lynch moscow with us?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#616 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Where is Flavius?

#craviusflavius

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#617 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:25 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:21 pm
Agreed: we need to look at lurkers.
But to clarify: How AI is lurking in a game this big?
What counts as lurking in this context? EP has 17 posts but that's nothing compared to squigs' 77.
Moscow and bozo are at the bottom

@fox - You don't think there's something to any of the other discussions? There's not much to go on with lurkers.

@bozo - what do you think of a lurker policy? Would you lynch moscow with us?
Okay. Come on. These questions are soooooo smarmy!

#teaconissmarmy

Teacon is scum. Mark it down.

connorcompton

#618 Post by connorcompton » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:26 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:46 pm
connorcompton wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:38 pm
I may have misinterpreted...
I understood 'I hope you like reading' to mean in general, in this game, since I imagine I will have to do that a lot to keep up.
I guess I was curious about your use of the word "pretend." I'm understanding from this that you don't like reading in general, but that you're going to try to keep up in the thread. Is that right?
Very correct.

Foxcastle

#619 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:28 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:21 pm
I've commented on other discussions, so clearly I do. In fact, I was commenting on one of the other conversations (re: Chippe) in the hopes of beginning another conversation (re: you), and now you're trying to make it looks like I'm stuck on this lurker conversation.

So I don't like that.

Xorxes or ND or Durga (or whoever): is that similar to his play in the last game as town? (I know, it's ironic that I didn't read the game I ran... But I can see it being the cause of him getting so scumread that town lost...)

et

#620 Post by et » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:33 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:07 pm
@et - if you vote early, you can change your vote later on. If you had to vote in the next hour, who would you vote for and why?

@damo - looks like you're on the thread. Care to share some thoughts?
If that is unchangeable vote, I will vote damo or Cru.
Because if we don't lynch player without comment, scums can hide very easily.
What they have to do is just keeping silence.

If changeable one, I will vote Nep. Because Nep seemed to catch up this thread, but not to be so active. So, I want to see reaction.
I thought boz, but I wonder boz react me. So, I think Nep is better.