Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
et

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#581 Post by et » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:04 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:43 pm
Not super excited about Percy's play. It seems very participatory without actually being useful. (Something I get accused of all the time.)

Example: asking somebody else to count up Squigs' scum reads. If you think that could be scummy, why not do it yourself and see rather than shading?

The whole thing between him and Carl about the jailer seems off to me, too.

Based on [urlhttp://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=80220#p80220]this interaction[/url], I don't think Percy and Flavius are both scum, though.
Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:22 pm
##VOTE Bozo
I don't know what he's playing at, but I don't like it.
And then the Bozo vote. This looks like trying to create suspicion ("yeah... what's he playing at!") but you can come back later with plausible deniability that this is a pressure vote, or something.
I think Percy's vote is understandable. He just vote without any reason.
Was he irrtated by conversation of cheating? He wanted to see reaction of other players? Or just he was busy and thought Chipe as scum?
Or he is scum and vote chipe because he is about to be the first victim of lynch?
Many case is considerable.
So I asked him reason.
Honestly, if he don't answer clearly, I boubt boz as scum.
I haven't say that because 2 players don't say anything.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#582 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:53 pm
et wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:18 pm
@Tom
Please tell me why you vote TRP?

I don’t scumread ChippeRock and needed to put my vote elsewhere. His observation about ND felt unnatural and I don’t know what it accomplished besides trying to get other people to take up the torch against ND who is one of the most lynchable players in every game he is in.
@Tom, do you have some town reads? Still hoping for more from you. Can you please claim a PR and make something useful happen?

et

#583 Post by et » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:09 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
et wrote:
@Tom

I don’t scumread ChippeRock and needed to put my vote elsewhere. His observation about ND felt unnatural and I don’t know what it accomplished besides trying to get other people to take up the torch against ND who is one of the most lynchable players in every game he is in.
Thank you answering for me.
Then, is that temporary voting?
If so, why you didn't say so?

et

#584 Post by et » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:12 pm

et wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Not super excited about Percy's play. It seems very participatory without actually being useful. (Something I get accused of all the time.)

Example: asking somebody else to count up Squigs' scum reads. If you think that could be scummy, why not do it yourself and see rather than shading?

Based on [urlhttp://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=80220#p80220]this interaction[/url], I don't think Percy and Flavius are both scum, though.
Percy Williams wrote:
##VOTE Bozo
And then the Bozo vote. This looks like trying to create suspicion ("yeah... what's he playing at!") but you can come back later with plausible deniability that this is a pressure vote, or something.
I think Percy's vote is understandable. He just vote without any reason.
Was he irrtated by conversation of cheating? He wanted to see reaction of other players? Or just he was busy and thought Chipe as scum?
Or he is scum and vote chipe because he is about to be the first victim of lynch?
So I asked him reason.
I want to rewrite that. I mean 'he' as boz. Not Percy.
---
I think Percy's vote is understandable. Boz just vote without any reason.
Was boz irrtated by conversation of cheating? boz wanted to see reaction of other players? Or just boz was busy and thought Chipe as scum?
Or boz is scum and vote chipe because boz is about to be the first victim of lynch?
So I asked boz reason.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#585 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:16 pm

@Bozo, want to talk?

* pats lightly on the seat on the bench

teacon7

#586 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:17 pm

While I'm catching up, this is worth asking:

Is there anyone here who is using English as a secondary language? I.e., your primary language is something else?

I ask because I don't want to read something the wrong way, or be uncouth or something.

et

#587 Post by et » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:22 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:17 pm
While I'm catching up, this is worth asking:

Is there anyone here who is using English as a secondary language? I.e., your primary language is something else?

I ask because I don't want to read something the wrong way, or be uncouth or something.
I use English as secondary language.

Durga

#588 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:05 pm
Why aren't ND and Durga going at it like battle cats yet?

I think ND creates a new persona for each game. I wonder if he has a spreadsheet of all of them, or if he just looks up "angry" in the thesaurus and picks randomly from the list.

So far, I don't see much to go on in his play. He's a good player, could go either way.
"Why aren't ND and Durga going at it like battle cats yet?"

I'm trying to ignore him/not get baited into a fight - early townread on ND FWIW

" He's a good player,"

please.

Durga

#589 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:37 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:32 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:25 am
##call GM - can you please clarify whether
a) chippe has broken the rules
b) chippe would break the rules if he stopped being vague
c) if there's a way to confirm that someone is VT without their death or a PR interference
GM NOTE:
a) Chippe has yet to break any rules.
b) I can't say yes or no to that.
c) From a mechanics and setup standpoint, I fundamentally believe the game is safe and not breakable.
Great. That's nice

##vote moscowfleet

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#590 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:40 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:07 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
et wrote:
@Tom

@Tom, do you have some town reads? Still hoping for more from you. Can you please claim a PR and make something useful happen?

I don’t have strong townreads yet. I do think Durga is likely town. And I think squiggs and Carl are likely town as well, but not as strong a feeling as Durga.

@et: I wouldn’t call it a temporary vote, no. I may move it, sure, but I am comfortable lynching TrPrado at this point

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#591 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:43 pm

@Durga, can you spell that one out?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#592 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:44 pm

@Tom, why do you think Durga is Town? She seems to be acting in a bit of a safe zone so far. The Moscow and Chippe votes feel safe and non-confrontational to me.

Durga

#593 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:43 pm
My MF vote? He's a horrible shitty lurker as scum. He did the exact same thing last game and completely got away with it.

Durga

#594 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:44 pm
@Tom, why do you think Durga is Town? She seems to be acting in a bit of a safe zone so far. The Moscow and Chippe votes feel safe and non-confrontational to me.
What is the "safe zone"?

Foxcastle

#595 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:49 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:46 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
My MF vote? He's a horrible shitty lurker as scum. He did the exact same thing last game and completely got away with it.
Agreed, but also apparently super lurky as town? I am okay with making Moscow Fleet prove himself, because even if he's not scum, lurking like he does seem pretty anti-town.

Percy Williams

#596 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:50 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
I've always wanted a participation trophy! :razz:
1. I don't actually think it's sunny
2. They were spread out, and I am lazy.
3. The main point of it was to tell Squiggs to remove the beam from his own eye first.
I Didn't want a scum to be softclaiming jailer and use it as evidence late game. I was asking if he was claiming, but didn't want any other jailer (possibly me) to hard claim, as it only helps scum to know who the jailer is. Unless the jailer is at a point where it is worth it to reveal who the judge is, for the town clear.
Based on http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3 ... nteraction, I don't think Percy and Flavius are both scum, though.
Percy Williams wrote:
##VOTE Bozo
I'm suspicious of him. He's spent some time on the forum according to the bottom of the screen, even after his vote, but only has an isolated bandwagon vote, with no explanation. That's not pro town behavior.

Durga

#597 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:49 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:46 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Agreed, but also apparently super lurky as town? I am okay with making Moscow Fleet prove himself, because even if he's not scum, lurking like he does seem pretty anti-town.
either way he deserves the flipped starting point. he's scum until proven innocent

bozotheclown

#598 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:45 pm
And Bozo is back! We're all* very** curious** about your vote, Bozo.

[* Those of us interested in the game, anyway]
[** Probably not very, but we want to know because of the game]
[*** Are we even curious? I guess we need to know if it's a policy lynch on Chippe or an actual scum read]
What ChippeRock is doing seems like a scum ploy.

teacon7

#599 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:52 pm

ND wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:36 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:30 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:22 am
Please share you reads on someone else Chippee.

Even if you somehow have proof you are VT, pointing that out D1 is terrible town play anyway
Not really. If everyone definitively knows I'm a VT, than I won't be mislynched nor will Mafia NK me - as they have bigger fish to fry than a VT.
Lol I'm sorry I can't stop laughing at this post. U guys remember Jeff Kuta? Haha damn. This is Jeff Jr.
ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:59 am
Well, assuming the definitive evidence I'm a VT is found and everyone knows I'm VT, that means there's one less person to consider for lynching. It means that people who have voted for me will have to move their vote to their 2nd most scummy read (or get lynched, since there's proof I'm a VT), and we have a greater chance of lynching scum. Additionally, other players' interactions with me can be analyzed to determine whether or not its Town v Town or Mafia v Town.
ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:14 am
I posted the evidence, perfectly legal, that can be used by a good portion of the players here to definitively prove I'm VT. I've also left hints as to what I'm trying to imply is the smoking gun about my evidence. Hopefully someone independently discovers the smoking gun.

@Chippe - While I can't applaud you enough for your subtlety, I'm still not sold on your evidence. It's inconclusive because there's too much chance for wifom in what you're doing. Scum could do the same thing, so this cannot yet constitute "proof." I'll grant that scum aren't normally this bold, but any kind of claim (even a claim for VT) has to be taken with several grains of salt. Even if you were perfectly clear, there's no way any of us can know what you're claiming with the certainty you claim.

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:50 am
Someone reading the thread is all it takes now? :-D
Let's be honest though.... it's a big game so maybe.

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:58 am
Guys, I really don’t think Chippe is mafia from his behavior so far.
He may well be mafia, but his shtick about being VT is not the reason.
I have a strong gut feeling he will flip VT and we will collectively cope by saying “well he was being obtuse and unhelpful and making useless posts” despite knowing deep down that our goal isn’t to kill unhelpful people but to kill mafia.

Chippe is known for being a rock. Can we stop trying to get water from him?
Hey now it worked for Moses. You just gotta make sure you don't showboat like he did, lest you incur the wrath of the Lord God.

Durga wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:43 am
Besides being irritating, what do you think Chippe is doing?
apparently trying to break the rules instead of just trying to play and solve the game
i genuinely don't know.
Yea, it's not solvy, but it could be useful for getting reactions down the road.
@durga - are you only on moscow for policy?

ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:10 am
If I were cheating, Jamiet would have kicked me to the curb in an instant.
+1

It seems the majority of the time since last I posted was people arguing about Chippe's actions/non-actions proof or non-proof. There are several classes of reactions to this... some are seeing the esoteric subtext, some are arguing the surface argument, and all around it's taken up too much time in discussion. I'm confident that mods will deal with it if it's a rules issue. Chippe's actions aren't definitive proof that he's a VT, and we should stop talking about it.

Foxcastle

#600 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:57 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:52 pm
It seems the majority of the time since last I posted was people arguing about Chippe's actions/non-actions proof or non-proof. There are several classes of reactions to this... some are seeing the esoteric subtext, some are arguing the surface argument, and all around it's taken up too much time in discussion. I'm confident that mods will deal with it if it's a rules issue. Chippe's actions aren't definitive proof that he's a VT, and we should stop talking about it.
So why did you just devote all that space to it?

See, if Chippe is town (and I think he likely is), the scum team want to keep him around as long as possible because he's going to take up attention from actual scumhunting. So it looks to me like what you just did is fan those flames and then say "oh, let's not!"