Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#181 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:36 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:24 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:18 pm
I didn't like how you came in with a preset agenda before reading anything. I also don't like that even after reading and being told emc wasn't in the game, you switched to MF. Your early posts seem to be isolated posts looking to make contributions or poke people, rather than solving. You have been more conversational lately though which I like.

No stats, I mean it's different for each person. The person I was talking about in particular would nail on average about 2/4 scum per game I think (in a 17 player game).
Hey chill. The emc post had more to do with my experience last game than anything else. emc/moscow took us to lylo and I lost b/c I townread emc as "indecisive" rather than "avoidant." Did you read the thread for m1007?

I started reading when we were at 6 pages. I put some thoughts into a notepad.exe while I caught up, eliminating things that no longer applied (like asking flav what his pranks were).

Stats on gutreads: 2/4 = 1/2 which isn't terrible. I'd love it if some psych doctorate figured out how to analyze these games to figure out the tools + mechanics involved. Then gave us all the studies.

To what extent do you think meta is AI ? Is that judgment different between here and MU?
I haven't read M1007. Making posts about last game's outcome is anti-town though. If it was a joke, it's more understandable, but the joke was clearly lost on me, and the fact that you moved to MF right afterwards makes it look like more of a cover to me than a joke. Your recent questioning and aggression is a much better look than your first post, but that first post was scummy to me. I still need to dig into your questions more and see what your motivation/solving is there.

My first couple games I played, I had no meta, and frankly I was awful at the game. When I came back to the site, again I had almost no meta because the only familiar face was ghug. I actually did really well when not using meta. After a couple games on the site, I operated heavily on meta and did not play well. Going to MU, there is no meta to draw from there, and I actually think that helped me out a lot since I could look more at pure motivations of players rather than the actions they took compared to actions in previous games. Good players will use their meta to their advantage, so using meta is playing right into that.

So I have had a recent shift in opinion on meta, to use it more lightly and look more at people's motivations than their actions. It is still useful in some scenarios, and is unavoidable to unconsciously include in your judgement, but I would say here on webDip we use meta a little too much.

Carl Tuckerson

#182 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:36 pm

So who is actually scumreading Flavius out of all the people pressuring and suspecting him? I see no votes.

connorcompton

#183 Post by connorcompton » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:38 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:03 pm
connorcompton wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:02 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:00 pm

Hey fun. I like Coup. I've not played the others.

I hope you like reading.
Whether I do or don't I'm going to have to pretend I do..
Why?
I may have misinterpreted...
I understood 'I hope you like reading' to mean in general, in this game, since I imagine I will have to do that a lot to keep up.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#184 Post by TrPrado » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:24 pm
What are his thoughts on having a productive start to the game? Like, is he for it or against it? Is that the question?
Intentionally loaded question to make a point. To elaborate:
teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:26 pm
It was funny. You don't think funny is good?
teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:27 pm
fwiw, I think a joke phase is really important, for lots of reasons, not least of which is town morale.

@Prado - Please define "productive start to the game" ...what would you like to see?
I think being funny and witty to start the game CAN be good. Hell, look at my vote against Foxy. However, I think there's a reasonably strong difference between telling jokes to break a silence and get conversation started as opposed to doing the same in a way the derails existing conversation.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#185 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:41 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:29 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:21 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Earlier Balki asked who all has and has not played before. I don't think anyone answered so if anyone has that information please share?
Let me go update my scoresheet for the past couple of games and I can provide you with a detailed list of number of games played by each player, win loss records, game links to most recent town/mafia games, etc...
Is this the one that meme put together, or a different one? I'd love to see meme's list integrated into the peterbot - that way on re-read of old games we could have alignment clearly identified (maybe by color, or with a "scum-" or "town-" prefix inserted in-line before someone's name).
I duplicated meme's and updated it since it was like 15 games out of date at the time. I try to keep it up to date now. I also added a leaderboard tab, and a town-score tab. The town-score tab is more of a fun stat than anything else. A higher number means you win town games and lose mafia games, and lower number means you lose as town and win as mafia, and a middle number means you win or lose the same amount as either alignment.

It is linked in the peterbot right now, but not integrated at all. I haven't looked into or asked peterlund about the code that it runs on, but that is a possible project I could look into.

Carl Tuckerson

#186 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:41 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:15 pm
@CruaaderReynauld
@Carl Tuckerson
@ChippeRock

Welcome! I've not played a game with you before, so... I just have a couple questions:
  • Have you played this kind of game before?
  • If so, in what format (online, live, etc)?
  • If so, do you you prefer to play as mafia or town?
  • Are you secretly a Balki clone, because he's a lot of C-words?
1. You could say that.
2. Online and live.
3. Town but I give my best regardless of alignment.
4. Balki is the result of the first iteration of a secret human experimentation project conducted in tandem with the Remnant, the last surviving soldiers and scientists of the Third Reich, based out of Antarctica. I’m the premier specimen of the third iteration and I’ve come to take him back to the South Pole, by any means necessary.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#187 Post by TrPrado » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:41 pm

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:36 pm
So who is actually scumreading Flavius out of all the people pressuring and suspecting him? I see no votes.
After Squigs made a comment about Flavius having vote pressure on him I went through and checked. Balki is currently voting for him

Carl Tuckerson

#188 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:42 pm

Lol I flubbed the quote box, my answers are in the bottom of the quote starting with 1.

Carl Tuckerson

#189 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:43 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:41 pm
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
After Squigs made a comment about Flavius having vote pressure on him I went through and checked. Balki is currently voting for him
shh way to blow my dramatic representation of the situation to get eyeballs on it and get people talking

That said, the amount of suspicion and pressure put on him is pretty whack for one vote.

teacon7

#190 Post by teacon7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:43 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:31 pm
Town isn't supposed to have morale, it's supposed to have victory.
I mean... okay. But are those mutually exclusive?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#191 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:44 pm

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Me.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#192 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:44 pm

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
I have stated, quite clearly I thought, that Flavius is currently my top scumread, but that I do not think that a vote on him will benefit us in solving - he has already shown that he is feeling pressured.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#193 Post by dargorygel » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:45 pm

First, an ABOUT teacon... then an @ teacon:
Teacon, post 165 asks specific people about their involvement/experience. I am comparing that to Balki, who just asks others to comment on the people he doesn't know. Teacon, at least on d1, is putting in a better kind of effort than Balki, who seems to be trying to look busy.

@teacon... yes, I read the mini game... why? Don't you remember my fascinating and insightful comments in the godthread?

teacon7

#194 Post by teacon7 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:46 pm

connorcompton wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:38 pm
I may have misinterpreted...
I understood 'I hope you like reading' to mean in general, in this game, since I imagine I will have to do that a lot to keep up.
I guess I was curious about your use of the word "pretend." I'm understanding from this that you don't like reading in general, but that you're going to try to keep up in the thread. Is that right?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#195 Post by dargorygel » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:46 pm

@Flavius
Your list (#114) was gut-read, right?
Had you thought about doing this before squiggles did a similar, but more spread out thing? How do you feel about gut-reads? I mean... you obviously like em, since you used em. But do you feel like this is a good way to build cases?

Carl Tuckerson

#196 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:47 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:44 pm
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
I have stated, quite clearly I thought, that Flavius is currently my top scumread, but that I do not think that a vote on him will benefit us in solving - he has already shown that he is feeling pressured.
What’s the benefit of holding your vote?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#197 Post by dargorygel » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:47 pm

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:28 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:27 pm
This is one of the most productive openings of D1 I may have ever seen
What are your findings?
Good townie question, Carl

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#198 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:49 pm

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:47 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
If you move your vote 10 times on day 1, it doesn't mean anything and has no pressure. Just ask brainbomb about that sometime. I like to use my vote to get a point across.

Carl Tuckerson

#199 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:51 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:49 pm
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:47 pm
Squigs44 wrote:

If you move your vote 10 times on day 1, it doesn't mean anything and has no pressure. Just ask brainbomb about that sometime. I like to use my vote to get a point across.
Weak. You can move your vote around as much as you want, as long as you have a good reason for each move. That should naturally restrain the number of times you move it anyway.
Besides, are you planning to move your vote around 10 times? You haven’t moved it nine, so it sounds like you can afford to vote your scumread to me.

ND

#200 Post by ND » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:52 pm

wtf there is ten pages already? Jesus Christ. Seriously, what. the. fuck.