M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

#1141 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 8:08 pm

What info does my lynch reveal @Percy?

I'm not just voting for Teacon for self preservation though. If that was the case I would say that, and obviously it factors into it. But I agree with xorx here.

teacon7

#1142 Post by teacon7 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:12 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:59 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:52 pm
ND wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:02 pm
I highly doubt Xorxes is scum bro.
I did too. Now I'm not so sure. I'd really like someone to help me avoid an OMGUS tunnel here, but I can't figure out why he's a) not dead, b) making long-stretch cases on me right after a scum lynch my vote was instrumental for.
Lmao maybe he's not dead because we have a doc who is very likely to save him and so your team decided not to take the risk. Come on, for all the "thinking" you do I can't understand how you still make statements like this teacon.

"b)" reads to me as if you voted damo with the idea that you would get town cred because he would flip scum, and you're frustrated that it had the opposite effect

I see now why xorx thinks I'm trying to claim towncred from this.
I used "instrumental" here, describing my part in this lynch.
I don't mean to say I pushed damo and convinced everyone to go for him.
I do mean to say that my vote broke a tie and set in momentum the "sure thing" lynch that wasn't there before.
My action there by no means makes me a clear, but it is at LEAST as towny as xorx pushing damo.

What I don't want is:
scum!xorx claiming special town status for this lynch.
scum!durga or scum!vapor handing out special town status for this lynch.
I'm fine with saying: voting damo clears no one.

FlaviusAetius

#1143 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon May 20, 2019 8:19 pm

teacon I went back and caught up, you were so hesitant onto pick up on the damo being a mafia, trying to say, hey we can't *really know!*
Damo was OBVIOUSLY scum, you either were putting blinders on, or knew he was your teammate.
I tend to think you're smarter than that and knew you were his teammate, so you couldnt jump on him if there was even a chance of survival
Also @Vapor I saw you make comments about MoscowFleet, he's a scum, most definetly
I'm with Vapor and Xorxes on this one guys, they're making the most sense, and with my catching up its just too clear.

FlaviusAetius

#1144 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon May 20, 2019 8:21 pm

alright. ##vote damo.

BUT attendant to this circumstance:
I'm mildly unsettled that durga tried to start two other wagons in the last hour or so of the day. one on xorx, another on percy. Why is she keen to abandon ND? why not move to damo to break the tie?

Interesting how you also were on that wagon...?
The only thing in my mind that maybe clears you right now is why you weren't pushing ND at the end of the day if damo was truly your teammate

bozotheclown

#1145 Post by bozotheclown » Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:51 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:19 am

I have a VERY distinctive scum meta so this is actually just wrong but okay. It's not relevant right now.

If I was scum and ND was town I'd looove him alive right now. What would be a scum motivation for lynching a town!ND here? All he's doing is spamming and being irritating. That's so lovely for scum. I'd sit back and let him do dumb shit. So please explain to me a) why pushing ND is bad and 2) why I'd be more likely to do it as scum (and don't say I like an easy lynch because that's lazy)
I Don't like this post. Durga poses this hypothetical from the position of scum knowing ND is town, yet still pushes to lynch ND. This entire post smells fishey.
I do not follow your reasoning here. Why is what she said inconsistent with continuing to push for a ND lynch?

FlaviusAetius

#1146 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon May 20, 2019 8:23 pm

On top of the evidence that I think firmly puts you into the scum pool, is that you flat out just didn't want anyone to do any solving on the first day. You wanted to worry about grammar, and continually discredited D1 anything, as its 'too early'
Interesting.

Durga

#1147 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 8:28 pm

your vote is illegal flav, you're voting for damo

Durga

#1148 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 8:32 pm

it seems like no one is really around and i'm just gonna be mislynched.

xorx will probably die tonight then, and teacon will probably just get away

teacon7

#1149 Post by teacon7 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:32 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:59 pm
I pushed a wagon on someone I thought is scummy.
sure. Why were you interested in leaving ND?
I didn't have a good read on damo so why would I vote for him?
Do you think consolidation and avoiding ties is suspect?

THAT would actually be a sus thing to do.
at the very least, your reticence to vote for damo should be thought about, no?
I really don't understand why you're stating that me saying there was no point to move to percy alone is scummy. How is it even scummy?
I read "there's no point in moving alone" as saying "well, it looks like I won't be able to swing this lynch away from damo"
if you scumread percy, why not move to percy?
...because then damo would be on the block?

I mean sure, it all "looks bad" because damo ended up being scum.
yep.

So I was wrong about what the right lynch should be. But reading EoD you would know that I was in the dark and not faking it.
being wrong is not scummy. being conveniently wrong is suspect.
I didn't disappear day 2. I had a wedding to attend yesterday. I stated that. EP can confirm I was at a wedding. I'm here now, I'm not hiding. I'm engaging a lot. I've engaged far more than people like Vash and Moscow. Vash, who also voted for ND but was waaay shadier about it.
I hope you had a good time, and that the hangover is brief :)

I agree that vash + moscow + everyone else needs to post more. Even if I'm right about you and xorx, it's not good that we're taking up the whole thread.
Getting xorx's attention is.... what? scummy? how
In this scenario, you were confused + worried about scum partner xorx bussing damo, and trying to figure out what he was going to do. that interaction is contingent on your flip or his flip, but still "hypothetical" evidence rather than hard evidence

teacon7

#1150 Post by teacon7 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:01 pm
a lack of motion means scum is okay with the lynch options because they're both town!!!!!!!!!!
Okay but damo was scum.
Which means that scum was either okay with bussing, or would be trying to create motion.

so:

Who all was trying to create motion EoD1?

Durga

#1151 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 8:36 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:35 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:01 pm
a lack of motion means scum is okay with the lynch options because they're both town!!!!!!!!!!
Okay but damo was scum.
Which means that scum was either okay with bussing, or would be trying to create motion.

so:

Who all was trying to create motion EoD1?
yes. me, myself and i. my team of 1, trying to save damo from his demise.

you caught me, gg

teacon7

#1152 Post by teacon7 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:42 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:08 pm
not teacon, damo. what idiot scum blatantly tries to save their teammate like that. i played EoD the way someone who wants a scum read to get lynched plays it. not someone who knows their teammate is very likely to get lynched.

xorx doesn't really defend people, he pushes his scum reads. that's how he plays.
As I'm sure the godthread has noted by now, this game is full of idiots who aren't playing the way they should. Maybe that's me, maybe that's you, maybe that's xorx, I don't know. I'll find out when I get there.

A reason I'm scumreading you for "trying to create motion at EoD1" is because you were trying to lead motion elsewhere, rather than simply moving there yourself. One implies the intent to manipulate town. The other implies ownership of your own vote.
Since town knows only their own alignment, and maybe has townreads to follow, it makes more sense for town psychology to play according to the "ownership of their own vote." They'd be less certain of what they do, but more likely to ponder multiple scenarios, etc.

Making lots of noise and a big splash gets attention. offering to move if someone else does... trying subtly to get scum!xorx' attention... it smells bad to me. I'll have to think about how that could possibly be town and get back to you.

teacon7

#1153 Post by teacon7 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:31 pm
I think I would find it less suspicious if Durga said she was voting for teacon for self preservation than starting to find reasons to scum read him.
^^^^^
THIS

Durga

#1154 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 pm

god if by some chance you're town i'm going to slit my wrists.

teacon7

#1155 Post by teacon7 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:45 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:41 pm
After Vashta's suspicious D1, he seems OK with not getting involved D2 since he is not at risk of getting lynched. I would prefer to see Vashta lynched over Durga or teacon.
...this seems like it's not going to happen today. hop on durga or me. right now, it could be scum!bozo feeding fires of Town v Town

(has anyone done that for xorx v teacon? hm.)

Durga

#1156 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 8:46 pm

i can't keep repeating the same shit over and over.

i acted the way i wanted to act in EoD. i didn't know damo was scum, and i had no idea he would flip scum, i thought it unlikely tbh.

i continue to act the way i want to. i won't give you guys answers you want, i'm only able to tell you what i'm thinking at the time. if that means i'm getting mislynched, so be it.

y'all aren't listening to me, and are instead parroting the same dumb shit. i can see potential townies like ND being manipulated by it. and so gg

if anyone thinks my lynch is legit with ND, moscow and vash on it, lol.

xorxes

#1157 Post by xorxes » Mon May 20, 2019 8:47 pm

Before I start catching up:

One of teacon or xorxes has to be scum.

xorxes accuses teacon of distorting what he says and creating straw men arguments that xorxes never made in order to rebuke them.

teacon accuses xorxes of similar things (I won't put words in his mouth, but he has basically assumed I'm scum and not just misguided in most of his arguments with me).

Both of us are fairly level-headed and capable of rational dissent, so when we accuse the other of manipulation and being dishonest we mean it, if we are town, it's not just rhetoric.

So we can't both be town. If you believe I'm town, you must believe teacon is scum, I can assure you he has been dishonest in his arguments with me. I'm not offended by this because that's his job as scum.

teacon may make a similar statement about me, but again I don't want to put words in his mouth.

It's practically impossible that this is TvT. He would not lie and manipulate like this as town, he would argue his case honestly.

If you have read all our exchanges you can judge for yourself who is being honest and who is not, but one of us has to be lying.

Now, I will start responding where I left off.

Vote teacon if you think I'm town.

I will also address the Durga case in my replies.

Durga

#1158 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 8:47 pm

teacon is really hedgy. he has no real town reads. everytime someone says/does anything he says "this could be scum!x doing this"

he's just setting it up to later say "wow i thought this person was scummy so i'm justified in leading this mislynch"

other than ND ofc. he's the pocketed GOLDEN BOI

ND

#1159 Post by ND » Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 pm

I still think Durga is the best vote to make.

I don't think Teacon is mafia.

I am also suspicious of Vashta, but more so of Durga. That's what I think and my position on this mess.

Foxcastle

#1160 Post by Foxcastle » Mon May 20, 2019 8:51 pm

Vote Count 2.2

Durga (5) — ND, teacon7, Percy Williams, VashtaNeurotic, MoscowFleet
teacon7 (3) — xorxes, EspressoPatronum, Durga
VashtaNeurotic (1) — bozotheclown

FlaviusAetius's vote is not valid.

Durga is set to be lynched!

1 hour and 10 minutes remain in Day 2.

e.m.c^42 must meet posting requirements and make a valid vote.