M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

#1101 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 5:06 pm

i thought the deadline was at 5pm and that's why i made the push back comment. yes. i AM that stupid. deal with it. this is another non scummy thing that teacon has apparently deemed as scummy in his alternative universe

Durga

#1102 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 5:07 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:25 pm
It takes me 8+ minute to post a message, I can't do this anymore

teacon, update yourself, please!

I think you're fully town and exceptional.

And no, as far as I can remember, there was no hooker visiting me ;)

I thought a lovely hooker visited one of you? or maybe rivera got ze hooker treatment and got killed?
yikkkeeesss

yikes yikes yikes

Durga

#1103 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 5:09 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:31 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:54 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:39 pm
there are 2 scum left, I find teacon as a great candidate because of his attitude of establishing a townie presence, he was mega involved, but last few posts made him look suspect, I think he wasn't careful enough despite his efforts
As I re-read, I'm looking forward to hearing you flesh out what you mean by this. Isolated from anything else, it looks like you're newbie scum sheeping scum!xorxes and shading me. jsyk.

Vapor, I'm disappointed because I really thought you were the cop. You softed and everything, so I figured you were going to claim N1 so the doc would save you, you'd get a scan off. I'm going to have to re-read you now that you're clearly not who we thought you were.
Did anyone else think Vapor was the cop, or is this the royal "we"?
OMG

Durga

#1104 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 5:17 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:20 am
ND wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:35 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Did anyone else think Vapor was the cop, or is this the royal "we"?
hmmmmm I don't like that
It's mostly a royal "we" for effect. I did got the vibe that rdriv also thought vapor was the cop. they were talking about what the cop should do N1 - whether to claim or not. that's all. I think he and I were the only ones.
whaaaat? what what what??????? what townie talks like this?

##vote teacon

ND

#1105 Post by ND » Mon May 20, 2019 5:24 pm

I already explained how your actions eod were scum motivated anyone can bot search me and see those posts.

ND

#1106 Post by ND » Mon May 20, 2019 5:26 pm

Durga says her actions were normal or whatever eod. Not at all. Who else did what she did? No one. Who else tried to start a wagon to save gf? No one. Give me a break. It's transparent dude.

Durga

#1107 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 5:30 pm

ND, if I thought you were scum and I my best guess on damo was that he was null, what do you think I would do? Just try to look at it from that perspective. If you're town, I know as much as you. Hindsight is 20/20 but also if you look at my EoD actions from the perspective of me being scum they actually don't make that much sense.

I didn't really try to "save" damo. I hardly pushed ND's lynch. I got nervous about our options and tried to create a third option because there wasn't any movement so I thought our options were both wrong.

teacon7

#1108 Post by teacon7 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:30 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:23 pm
I'm a bit creeped out that certain people have just parked their vote on me in one post and dipped. Ie, Moscow + Vash
tbh that does look strange. Might be due to the volume of other discussions. Where is vash?

Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:27 pm
Anyone who was around for EoD and saw the way xorx was pushing damo's lynch should figure out that xorx is town.
I thought the same thing.
I also thought that the poor quality of his case on me N1 indicated an attempt to misdirect a newbie scumteam.

Then he doubled down.
Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:27 pm
Also the fact that xorx fixated on the weirdest thing about damo to get him lynched is SO classic town xorx.
"to get him lynched"

uh. the rest of us are trying to solve the game. not just get people lynched. hell, I'm not even voting xorx right now.

I don't doubt the guy is smart. To me, fixating on a small point and using that to push it for other people... looks like a scumslip. How can xorx be that sure of anything, especially on d1?

teacon7

#1109 Post by teacon7 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:34 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:31 pm
Wow Vapor went through a series of really fucking weird posts on pg 47. What was up with that
no clue. That's worth looking into though.
1) he unvotes me,
2) votes moscow,
3) lists options for who I am (hooker or "bodycam" PR - what's that? ) and claims roleblock
4) xorx asks if the rb claim is legit.
5) vapor votes durga and says he's leaving
6) he posts again. really weird:
Vaporwave wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:40 pm
scum was online EOD given that damo was absent, guaranteed 1 or both of them were online during EOD

vote between teacon or Durga, teacon pocketed me greatly with his recent posts

so I had to move on Durga, sheeping ND to glory
What's he trying to do? explain himself? answer... whom?

What does he mean by saying he got "pocketed." Is he trying to shade me by explaining why he's sheeping me?
But then votes durga and claims he's sheeping ND?

Then he quits with a "don't tease me teacon" post.

Maybe the pressure was too much, and he figured he couldn't carry on for his scumteam?

@Flavius - any clue what vapor meant here?

bozotheclown

#1110 Post by bozotheclown » Mon May 20, 2019 5:42 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:59 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:01 am
It does not seem likely teacon as scum would lock himself into voting for damo over ND when they were the top wagons.
Agree. That's why xorx convoluted case is so suspect. Like... he has every right to make a case on people, but this one is such a stretch.

@bozo you might be a good person to ask this as well.
Under what conditions would scum bus (vote+lynch) their godfather D1?

I think most people agree it's bad scum play, but the question is asking what circumstances would make it a reasonable choice.
The GF is not much more valuable than the other scum in this setup, there is only a 1/12 chance the cop uses his one scan on the GF. Any of the 7 of us voting for damo could have been bussing. Making him a wagon could have drawn the cop scan if he did not get lynched.

ND

#1111 Post by ND » Mon May 20, 2019 5:44 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:30 pm
ND, if I thought you were scum and I my best guess on damo was that he was null, what do you think I would do? Just try to look at it from that perspective. If you're town, I know as much as you. Hindsight is 20/20 but also if you look at my EoD actions from the perspective of me being scum they actually don't make that much sense.

I didn't really try to "save" damo. I hardly pushed ND's lynch. I got nervous about our options and tried to create a third option because there wasn't any movement so I thought our options were both wrong.
Tell me you first say damo is null then an hour or so later towards very end you say he is still null. You know he is major wagon. Why don't you look him up in the bot and get a better read on him. You had time. ?

Durga

#1112 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 5:48 pm

ND wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:44 pm
Durga wrote:

Tell me you first say damo is null then an hour or so later towards very end you say he is still null. You know he is major wagon. Why don't you look him up in the bot and get a better read on him. You had time. ?
??? Yes, null means I didn't know one way or another. This is after reading the cases on him.

bozotheclown

#1113 Post by bozotheclown » Mon May 20, 2019 5:49 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:20 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:32 am
xorxes wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:05 am

OK, what exactly are your concerns that I have not addressed?

As I told you before, I was not paying much attention to damo until I saw that read that he copied from me. Once I saw it, I had very little doubt that he was scum and I set out to lynch him. Of course I knew you and rivera suspected damo because you were voting for him. "The growing suspicion of damo could have led xorxes to start bussing him." You reall believe that's what I would do as scum? I see damo has two votes, I find something that nobody else was likely to notice but me, but once I pointed it out I thought would leave no doubt in anyone's mind that damo was scum (there I was completely wrong because absolutely no one else thought it was meaningful, I must be weird that way), so I out the evidence that nobody else would likely find, I lynch the godfather, and then use that gained towncred to push hard for a lynch of town!teacon D2 (presumably to save Durga, who when she saw me bussing damo had no better idea than try to save him and expose herself, otherwise if she is town why on earth would I bother with teacon when everybody else seems all to happy to lynch Durga?), and if I'm wrong about teacon it will guareantee my lynch on D3 (or maybe you think I may be bussing teacon as well, so I will gain even more towncred?). Is that what you think is going on? Two dead scum dead by D3 in exchange for mislynching teacon? Really? Come on, really? Is that the story you are seeing?
Why were you not paying much attention to damo? Why were you not paying attention to anyone who was scum reading damo? Why would a scum damo deliberately copy a read from a previous game? Why is it impossible that a town damo deliberately copied a read from a previous game? Why did you seem oblivious to why anyone else besides you was voting for damo?

As for everything else, I do not know the alignment of Durga or teacon, what I find questionable has nothing to do with what their alignment turns out to be.
I wasn'tvpaying much attention to damo because he said something I thought was townie and I was focusing on emc at the time. You will have to ask damo why he copied the read. If you are trying to figure out a robbery and someone finds a footprint that could be incriminating, someone else finds a fingerprint, and then you find a security camera footage with the culprit caught in the act you don't care about the footprints and fingerprints. I obviously overestimated people's understanding of how language works, but teacon was the most surprising, especially after the lesson he gave on syntax. It was blindingly obvious to me that the read was a copy, and town doesn't copy reads from another game.
I still do not see the certainty about damo. Yes, town doesn't copy reads from another game. However, scum doesn't copy reads from another game. Nobody copies reads from another game. I seriously doubt damo went back to the last game and paraphrased your read, it was likely just a coincidence.

ND

#1114 Post by ND » Mon May 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Like I don't get it. You had time but instead you are trying to get someone else to start a Percy wagon. Like, you say all this is normal????? But I don't think so.

ND

#1115 Post by ND » Mon May 20, 2019 5:50 pm

Crosspost

Durga

#1116 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 5:52 pm

ND wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:49 pm
Like I don't get it. You had time but instead you are trying to get someone else to start a Percy wagon. Like, you say all this is normal????? But I don't think so.
can you at least acknowledge that xorxes is smarter than you and you should just sheep him on this

teacon7

#1117 Post by teacon7 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:53 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:37 pm
I feel like you have some kind of inferiority complex.
I feel like you have that complex where you hurl abuse at people as a screen for things you don't like. I don't scumread you for that, but it's annoying and it's not pro-town. I'd have said something earlier, but it's none of my business and I didn't want to deal with the response I'd get.

Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:40 pm
It's things like this that make me think that you don't actually scum read me, but you're looking for reasons to scum read me.

The way you're approaching your entire read of me isn't that I said something that was scummy and therefore you think I'm scum (the way town finds scum - the way xorx found damo for example). But you've decided since before the end of day 1 that you were going to scum read me, and now you're trying to find a line of reasoning that will fit into that narrative. That is how scum tries to get people mislynched.
That's the exact opposite of how I read you. I found these actions scummy in themselves:
a) pushing for an 3rd alternate wagon at EoD
b) pushing for an 3rd alternate wagon at EoD instead of calling for consolidation onto one of the main ones
c) pushing for an 3rd alternate wagon at EoD instead of calling for people to join the one you were on
d) Claiming that you wouldn't "move alone," because there was "no point."

The following actions look scummy in light of damo's flip:
e) pushing for an 3rd alternate wagon at EoD on Percy - who was the next highest wagon.
f) not leaving ND for percy when you asked about it (doing so would break a tie and put damo in the lead. Why not vote damo instead?).
g) disappearing d2 to let pressure and attention dissapate

The following actions look scummy in connection with xorx:
h) trying to hand xorx sole towncred for the damo lynch
i) disappearing d2 to let pressure and attention dissapate while xorx pushes a case on me
j) if you read the greentext, I think you weren't actually scumreading xorx or trying to push a lynch, you were trying to get his attention.

ND

#1118 Post by ND » Mon May 20, 2019 5:53 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:48 pm
ND wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:44 pm
Durga wrote:

??? Yes, null means I didn't know one way or another. This is after reading the cases on him.
Okay. Doesn't seem likely to me but whatever you say.

Durga

#1119 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 5:53 pm

teacon you didn't address any of my defenses and instead just talked about why vapor might be scum, or hinted that you are sus of that slot.

do you actually scum read me?

Durga

#1120 Post by Durga » Mon May 20, 2019 5:54 pm

xpost