MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vaporwave

Re: MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

#1821 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:33 am

There's scum in Quas/Jamiet

I'll eat a mosquito and a butterfly if I'm wrong

this is one of those 'can feel it in my bones'

We'll see later.

I'll talk more in D3 ;)

Jamiet99uk

#1822 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:43 am

Well it sure as hell ain't me.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1823 Post by dargorygel » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:04 am

##GM NOTE
(for el-boto)
Xorxes has died. He was ROBERT HALBECH the GODFATHER

thamrick

#1824 Post by thamrick » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:18 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:37 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:03 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:46 am
Okie dokie, so the lynch list:

D1 I'm going with Worcej
Ezio will also die D1 because Gun
N1 will be Xorxes
D2 is going to be Bo
N2 is Vecna
D3 is Neph
N3 is Thamrick
D4 is me
N4 is Damo
D5 is Vaporwave
N5 is Darg
D6 is Jamie (not sure why you clowns left him around that long)
N6 is Bozo
D7 is Rdr
N7 is Moscow
D8 is no lynch
N8 is LQ
D9 is Squigs

Town loses in LyLo to Percy

(Sorry Squigs, you were the 8th lynch not D8, slight miscalculation on my part)
This post gave me such a bad vibe
##vote Ike
Why does it give you a bad vibe?

When I first saw it I thought it may have been a way for scum to tell the assassin who their partners were, but I didn't really see how that would work and it would be too risky. What makes it bad vibey for you?
This post was weird. It struck me as weird when it happened live, and it struck me as weird on reread. I'm 80% sure this was an attempt from xorxes to signal assassin. Unsure whether he was signaling Ike or rdr however.

thamrick

#1825 Post by thamrick » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:15 am

Heading to bed soon and probably won't have a chance to check in tomorrow pre-EoN due to work. Here are my thoughts:

Nephthys - town - don't agree with his Vecna/emc connections, but his EoD2 was pure and I found myself mind-melding with him more and more as D2 progressed.

Jamiet99uk - uber-town - my spirit animal. We have merged into one mega-town. Scum beware.

e.m.c^42 - townlean - he seems pretty consistent with his past games' meta. I can kinda understand the hesitation though among some (Vecna, Neph stand out). I'm not fully to town yet for emc

rdrivera2005 - scumlean - not a fan of his push on Ezio. On two occasions said that xorxes felt off but that he wasn't ready to lynch him. Was around during EoD. Expressed dislike of a runaway Ezio lynch, but didn't want to move. After the flip, says he didn't see it coming. Something doesn't feel right with rdr

bozotheclown - null to slight scumlean - this post concerns me. Seems like TMI. On the other hand, bozo has had a couple shining town moments so I could be reading into things too much and should trust my gut. My gut says town.

worcej - null - cited busyness as an excuse for voting an admittedly bad wagon. When he appeared with ~1 hr left til EoD, Ike had just made him the 2nd wagon at 2 (yes, srsly). Obviously not a huge threat at 6-2, but if he's scum, I'd expect him to be online at EoD to see if he needed to save himself. Not nearly enough to give him a hard read, but enough to give him a pass for more time.

MoscowFleet - town - I see nothing but town thoughts from both of his EoDs. He's #towncore

Percy Williams - slight scum - not super helpful, but something feels off about Percy this game. Seems to talk nonchalantly about other players getting incorrectly killed. Plus my wife randomly picked his name off the list as mafia ;) .

Vaporwave - townlean - I still lean town on Vapor. I just have a hard time reconciling his play if he's scum. However, I was given slight pause by a couple things in his ISO and in xorxes' ISO. I'm chalking it up to overthinking, but don't sleep on Vapor.

Vecna - town - I'm seeing nonchalant, solving Vecna that I'm used to as town. Add that to his claim of being truck driven gives me a pretty firm townread.

bo_sox - scumlean - gut tells me scum. I don't feel as great about it as I did my gutread of xorxes. Couple strange things re: bo in the xorxes ISO.

LordQuas - town - another member of the #towncore. Analyzing the game as it comes. Fluid in his reads. Would be pretty stunned if he's scum.

Ike - townlean - slight demotion. He's been kicked out of my towncore. I still think that he's most likely town, but enough in the xorxes reread to give me pause. I think there's a decent chance xorxes was signaling to Ike that he was his teammate and was legitimately disappointed Ike hadn't read his role PM yet

Ezio - townlean - hate on his play all you want, I'm pretty convinced this is town Ezio though. Especially as content as scum xorxes was to sit on him all day (while admitting he was a bad lynch for town).

Nephthys

#1826 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:56 am

updated POE

6. e.m.c^42
9. worcej
10. MoscowFleet
11. Percy Williams
13. Vaporwave
16. bo_sox
17. LordQuas
19. Ezio

I've removed Vecna based off the driver result, and Ike for clearing him.

Right now I'm picking Worcej and either Percy/MF although that could change.

Im curious to read what Vapor is thinking re Quas/Jamie.

Unless I hear a better idea I think that we should roll with worcej's original idea in the self vote.

Nephthys

#1827 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:56 am

Reads to come tonight if I get my work done

Jamiet99uk

#1828 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:36 am

Wow. I get 7 hours sleep and the game is still on the same page.

I guess the scum have given up.

Tomorrow we catch the Alien and then victory is close at hand.

Nephthys

#1829 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:06 am

So a quick re-read on worcej

D1;

Lots of talk about the alien, a really weak reads list (admittedly p21) that mainly talks about people trying = town and MIA is NAI D1.

His read of xorx was that he was MIA and that meant nothing.

His voting is weird, says that he thinks Ezio is town but then shifts and says that if people want to lynch the alien he is keen. Some very weird logic.

He also responds to something squigs said right at EOD

N1

Goes on to consolidate that we really should have lynched Ezio.

Scumreads - Tham, LQ, Ike

Brings up his plan re the alien again

D2 - parks his vote on Ezio again

Essentially what this boils down to is a lot scum motivated stuff. What time he had he should have put in a lot more effort into scumhunting and based off that I would be extremely happy to see him lynched tomorrow.

Nephthys

#1830 Post by Nephthys » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:36 am

Dont really have time to do anymore, will try tomorrow as I think my day is less than 10hrs

Jamiet99uk

#1831 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:41 pm

It's dull being a VT when so little is happening. No actions to enter, no QT to talk in. I didn't even get a walkie-talkie.

worcej

#1832 Post by worcej » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:17 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:06 am
So a quick re-read on worcej

D1;

Lots of talk about the alien, a really weak reads list (admittedly p21) that mainly talks about people trying = town and MIA is NAI D1.

His read of xorx was that he was MIA and that meant nothing.

His voting is weird, says that he thinks Ezio is town but then shifts and says that if people want to lynch the alien he is keen. Some very weird logic.

He also responds to something squigs said right at EOD

N1

Goes on to consolidate that we really should have lynched Ezio.

Scumreads - Tham, LQ, Ike

Brings up his plan re the alien again

D2 - parks his vote on Ezio again

Essentially what this boils down to is a lot scum motivated stuff. What time he had he should have put in a lot more effort into scumhunting and based off that I would be extremely happy to see him lynched tomorrow.
Would you have liked me to just randomly throw my vote on someone else other than Ezio, who I had at least some justification to vote for still, to create a counter-wagon with no reason to put that vote on someone? I find myself backed into a corner with you that no matter what I do, it's scummy. I would judge someone incredibly harshly for just voting for someone random with no inherent reason to - that's the scummy behavior since a scum doesn't actually have to care where the vote lands.

In regards to scum hunting: It's incredibly difficult to scumhunt when all you're doing is playing 10+ page, sometimes 20+ page, catch-up almost every read you make so far in a game. Not sure if you've been in that spot repeatedly or not, but it's hard to track what's happening when you're just skimming over and over. I am glad we have gotten on scum and can easily catch the alien going forward from here on.

TL;DR - you're going to get more out of me going forward since I should *hopefully* be less swamped.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1833 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:20 pm

I was doing some re-read and noticed a vote difference on D2: 16 players and 15 votes. So I dig and saw Bo didn't vote.

#Ask GM- Are you going to modkill Bo or there is any circumstances that justify this?

Vaporwave

#1834 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:21 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:20 pm
I was doing some re-read and noticed a vote difference on D2: 16 players and 15 votes. So I dig and saw Bo didn't vote.

#Ask GM- Are you going to modkill Bo or there is any circumstances that justify this?
dargo and ND accepted bo's post and reason for him not voting. Thankfully, there won't be any modkill

Vaporwave

#1835 Post by Vaporwave » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:22 pm

someone revive damo, he's been following the game. I caught him 3 times watching this thread

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1836 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:31 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:22 pm
someone revive damo, he's been following the game. I caught him 3 times watching this thread
Damo can't be revived, it's only available 24 hours after death and probably better used in a PR not in a VT.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1837 Post by dargorygel » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:33 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:20 pm

Bo is very ill... His excuse for not voting was accepted by the GMs.

Ezio

#1838 Post by Ezio » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:34 pm

Well my reaction test actually caught someone. It happened to catch someone who usually is easy to detect in xorxes, but at least it did something.

I'm really surprised that mf, neph, and jamiet voted xorxes at the end. They're seeming super likely town. Absolutely not lynchable for a long ass time.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1839 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:03 pm

Ezio wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:34 pm
Well my reaction test actually caught someone. It happened to catch someone who usually is easy to detect in xorxes, but at least it did something.

I'm really surprised that mf, neph, and jamiet voted xorxes at the end. They're seeming super likely town. Absolutely not lynchable for a long ass time.
You were just lucky that Thamrick pushed the lynch and enough people get on board, your useless reaction test have nothing to do with that and even you was reluctant to really lynch Xorxes.

Vecna

#1840 Post by Vecna » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Rdrivera really seems agitated over the Xorxes lynch and how it went down