Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#1661 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:09 am

You're deflecting, borderline strawman.

damo's alignment has no bearing on my case against you.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1662 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 am

Scratch that, we aren’t addressing my case but yours, I’m in the wrong on the deflection statement, my bad

LordQuas

#1663 Post by LordQuas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:20 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:08 am
I made points, laid out connections to scum.

Your entire case, now on Day 3, is he was hedgey. On day 1. 12 hours into the game.

I already looked at every time you mentioned him.

(Copied not quoted)
Day 1

Post 1: "Damo has this weird progression from voting Jamie because he's put in effort (and jamie demanding a stronger reason cause he always reads rules blah blah) into sheeping him instantly after on ND"

Post 2: "jamie and damo have super high w/w equity with damo's awk sheep and the RVS start of game vote from jamie onto damo"

Post 3: "well not his first post only, what was wolfy was him voting jamie and then instantly swapping around and sheeping him for no reason once he was asked to explain his entrance. Also he hasn't really done anything else, he's just parked his vote there"

Post 4: (Here you cover for damo & ghug, saying you think they were joke votes)

Post 5: "first read is a meh" (In reference to Ike's townlean on damo)

Posts 1-3 are all for the same single event. Post 4 hedges him. Post 5 is pure filler.

Not saying damo can't be scum, and I'm not going to argue his case for him, but you have to see how there is a difference between the two cases.

You had a conversation without ever bringing up or quoting the name of the person the entire dialogue is about? I would have to look for that later.
you straight up lied on the 4th post there, that is not at ALL what I said, I don't mention voting at all, and the only mention I have of ghug is loling at him having so much karma already

and this is what I said in relation to damo in that post

ppl have been telling me what damo666 does as town but what does he do as a wolf? Is it any different in the regard of copping out with a sheep on a player early game? Also his vote back onto jamie after getting called out for it is sus

that's just a blatant lie

and I explicitly stated the 5th quote was me answering cfox's question of what he should look at

LordQuas

#1664 Post by LordQuas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:22 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 am
Scratch that, we aren’t addressing my case but yours, I’m in the wrong on the deflection statement, my bad
like why are you even still talking about this? you clearly have no intention of changing your mind no matter what I say

LordQuas

#1665 Post by LordQuas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:23 am

LordQuas wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:22 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 am
like why are you even still talking about this? you clearly have no intention of changing your mind no matter what I say
or anyone else for that matter

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1666 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:26 am

First I need to apologize. We're referencing different points.

I didn't have a wildcard after damo when searching the bot, and it missed anytime you put the full name (damo666)

Will get back to this. I retract that point. Squig's read and karma voting points of my case still stand.

CrimsonFox

#1667 Post by CrimsonFox » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:25 am

jamie i haven't seen your questions that's why.

i will try and find them now

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1668 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:26 am

On reread, you shopped the damo lynch for the middle part of day one to anyone that'd listen. About half before what I would consider the big 'post' (if you cna call it that) from damo (The one where he specified it wasn't a joke he was voting Jamie for being the SK), about half after.

@Quas: What has caused Foxy to go from town during D1 to needing to be the lynch choice with damo?

CrimsonFox

#1669 Post by CrimsonFox » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:42 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:23 pm
Okay then, some very interesting thoughts and discussions overnight.

@CrimsonFox: I asked you to give us some specific details of your chats in your QT with Ghug. Please could you do that? Even a few cut and paste lines of conversation would be interesting.

I no longer think CrimsonFox is Mafia, and his play today has been very investigative and useful.

I now understand what the Mafia massclaim crib-sheet is for. It gives them a list of roles *not* in the game - which therefore cannot be counter-claimed by a townie who actually drew that role, right? That makes massclaiming a really poor strategy for town, as people will just be outing their actual roles to help Mafia and the SK decide who to kill off. Bad shit.

However, it is very interesting that Dargorygel was an early advocate of a massclaim, at a time when town did not know this Mafia-aiding document existed. If the document didn't exist, massclaiming might help town. In this setup, however, it's in Mafia's interests to get a massclaim going. This makes Dargorygel look highly suspect for advocating a massclaim so early.

##VOTE DARGORYGEL

I think these three wagons, Foxcastle, Bozo, and Darg, are what we need today. I'm inclined to bet two of them are scum.

I still want an answer from CrimsonFox, however.
i'm guessing this was the question....well everyone knows that it is total cheating to copy and paste cahtroom text into a game so i'm not going to do that.

we talked about consummating in the thread or something

he wanted me to confirm myself to ezio by saying we played seven wonders and suburbia but since ezio is dead and i don't know what that means it's shrug.

we talked about our games and i found out we're a lot alike. We get scumread like crazy.

i told him of my knowledge and feeliings about lordquas's play since i know him.

he said that jamie triggered lordquas

he said this site has fairly toxic mafia games hahaha i don't know what he means

we all confirmed that our chat was more fun and interesting than the game itself

then i propsed a murder suicide pact and he confirmed in

i had two candidates at the time of jamie who i decalred to be "full of shit"
which is sometimes a wolfy trait
foxcastle was also a candidate
he didn't like vecna totally and that ezio and worc were bleh

he said the person i voted for had omgused him and i confirmed they did it to me too.
i can't rememvber who that was....foxcastle?
anyway he thought omgusing was towny
he lmaoed at ezio then wtfed as he died and riped and out

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1670 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:54 am

CrimsonFox wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:42 am
he said this site has fairly toxic mafia games hahaha i don't know what he means
Yep, that sounds like ghug.

worcej

#1671 Post by worcej » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 am

Woke up, still tired. Last 7 pages of spew has been... lovely?...

Okay guys, enough is enough. You need to vote Darg.

The only scum game I have played was the noob one where he was my coach. From his tips, was this gem on tips of what to do as scum:
A couple of things:
First, y’all are defending yourselves a bit too strongly. Town tend to be more interested in FINDING scum than in defending themselves, unless they are about to be lynched. Answer people’s questions… but don’t make a big deal. “I see what you mean… but here is another explanation” is better than elaborate arguments.
Hey everyone, take a quick look at the response post he made to me presenting my opinion of him:
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:06 pm
So now I am scum because I changed me mind about the mass claim? If you actually read what I said, my reasoning was pretty clear.

I don't like how crimsonfox sheeps worcej this morning.

Yes... wolf is scum.

And yes... I have been less than intensely engaged in this game. First, RL... just like a lot of people. But secondly, the madness of the untraditional rolls is making it hard to find connections and motivations. Combined with the SK killing alongside the NK, making motivation and deduction/induction that much harder.

No excuse though. I'll try to engage more.
Anyone else see the “I see what you mean… but here is another explanation” in his response?

I found us a scum, COME ONE AND ALL! We have little time to sit here and bicker. Fox vs. Jaime, Demon vs. Lord - drop your shit and actually get scum please.

Vote for Darg! MwGA!!! (Make webDip-Mafia Great Again)

Note: this post was made with 4 hours of sleep in the past 36 hours. Fuck night shifts that go until you time out @ 16 hours...

worcej

#1672 Post by worcej » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:06 am

I'll see you kids on Saturday and near EOD - I need more sleep.

brainbomb

#1673 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:14 am

VOTE TALLY 3.4
modbot: http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/game_status?g=41

Foxcastle (4) flash2015 dargorygel bozotheclown Jamiet99uk
bozotheclown (2) Nephthys damo666
dargorygel (2) worcej CrimsonFox
Jamiet99uk (1) Foxcastle
LordQuas (1) DemonRHK
damo666 (1) LordQuas

End-votes (0/7)

Non-votes
Garden Gnome

Foxcastle has a one way ticket to the glue factory
17 hours remain

LordQuas

#1674 Post by LordQuas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:31 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:26 am
On reread, you shopped the damo lynch for the middle part of day one to anyone that'd listen. About half before what I would consider the big 'post' (if you cna call it that) from damo (The one where he specified it wasn't a joke he was voting Jamie for being the SK), about half after.

@Quas: What has caused Foxy to go from town during D1 to needing to be the lynch choice with damo?
him dipping in activity, and just generally not being a presence anymore

he's claimed doc, wouldn't he usually be doin all he can in his final moments?

sides I don't think we should lynch him now I'm kinda coming around to neph's idea

LordQuas

#1675 Post by LordQuas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:35 am

LordQuas wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:31 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:26 am

him dipping in activity, and just generally not being a presence anymore

he's claimed doc, wouldn't he usually be doin all he can in his final moments?

sides I don't think we should lynch him now I'm kinda coming around to neph's idea
I didn't portray my thought process very well here, I wasn't too convinced he's scum (and I'm still not) but I wanted competing wagons at a time where I didn't have any particularly strong feelings abt any active players in terms of scum reads, it was early enough in the day for wagonomics and such

LordQuas

#1676 Post by LordQuas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:35 am

CrimsonFox wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:42 am
ironically I'm prolly the most toxic person here :evil:

LordQuas

#1677 Post by LordQuas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:38 am

worcej wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 am

The only scum game I have played was the noob one where he was my coach. From his tips, was this gem on tips of what to do as scum:
A couple of things:
First, y’all are defending yourselves a bit too strongly. Town tend to be more interested in FINDING scum than in defending themselves, unless they are about to be lynched. Answer people’s questions… but don’t make a big deal. “I see what you mean… but here is another explanation” is better than elaborate arguments.
Hey everyone, take a quick look at the response post he made to me presenting my opinion of him:
dargorygel wrote:
So now I am scum because I changed me mind about the mass claim? If you actually read what I said, my reasoning was pretty clear.

Yes... wolf is scum.

And yes... I have been less than intensely engaged in this game. First, RL... just like a lot of people. But secondly, the madness of the untraditional rolls is making it hard to find connections and motivations. Combined with the SK killing alongside the NK, making motivation and deduction/induction that much harder.

Anyone else see the “I see what you mean… but here is another explanation” in his response?

I found us a scum, COME ONE AND ALL! We have little time to sit here and bicker. Fox vs. Jaime, Demon vs. Lord - drop your shit and actually get scum please.

Note: this post was made with 4 hours of sleep in the past 36 hours. Fuck night shifts that go until you time out @ 16 hours...
##Vote darg

I don't think anybody is going to join me on damo, I can't remember why I left darg's wagon earlier but I had a reason so I'll iso myself after I hang with da boys

LordQuas

#1678 Post by LordQuas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:39 am

LordQuas wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:38 am
worcej wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 am

A couple of things:
dargorygel wrote:

Yes... wolf is scum.

##Vote darg

I don't think anybody is going to join me on damo, I can't remember why I left darg's wagon earlier but I had a reason so I'll iso myself after I hang with da boys
((also I doubt demon is scum after that it would be a very impressive thing to fake lol))

CrimsonFox

#1679 Post by CrimsonFox » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:00 am

you two seriously sound like two town fighting

CrimsonFox

#1680 Post by CrimsonFox » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:03 am

quas you said you were going to wake up and either vote flash or darg probably darg. I don't remember you doing so before tho