MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#301 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:11 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:11 pm
@ Worcej - I do have sympathy for you, because this whole HCing debate is worthless. So less produce some meaningful discussion/content.

Tell me about your vote on Damo...

Do you really think if a majority said lets do hypoclaiming that a meaningful number of town would avoid participating? And even if a couple didn't participate would it be a major problem? 1) The cop/tracker/FN could choose not to participate thinking the mafia would avoid him entirely and he could reveal in due time; 2) A VT could not participate and the mafia would have to decide whether or not he is a PR trying to avoid cover... there is really endless WIFOM as long as we are talking about only a couple people...
I'll get back to you on this - leaving for a meeting.

DrCJG

#302 Post by DrCJG » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:16 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:08 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:55 pm
  1. It's D1... the first 24 hours is usually irrelevant shit splurg a majority of the time. Also, they were actually all game related or responses to people's direct questions about things FWIW.
  2. That's because it pretty much is and you know this.
  3. I addressed the hedge in my above post - me voting no is being realistic because it takes everyone to want to do it, and we had some pretty hard no's already.
  4. I will say that in our scum game together, I was intentionally trying to support the hypo claims because it would tell us IMMEDIATELY who the PR was and who we could IMMEDIATELY avoid in our NK's. It was a small game and I thought if one of us died to get the potential cop, the other could try to go the distance for the win. Thus I was onboard with the hypo.
1) Let me rephrase... they are part of the shit splurg :)
2) I do know this, my point was more that you aren't trying to find something meaninful
3/4) Agreed, I think/thought we both felt that for the setup the hypocop was in our favor.... so do you think this game is enough different that it would be in town's favor if we had people on board?

Jamiet99uk

#303 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:27 pm

I like Worcej's responses. Thank you Worcej for taking the time to respond.

Bozo, your case is shit.

I am inclined to keep Worcej in the townlean pile; he's earned some credit there.

Damo vs Xorxes would be an interesting EoD but somehow the Xorxes wagon has evaporated.

RagingIke297

#304 Post by RagingIke297 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:39 pm

Alright, I'm here for a bit. Not that it matters now, but reading through the no lynch/hypoclaim suggestion, someone said that even if we agreed to do it, participation or lack there of could out PRs and I believe that is an excellent point. In an ideal world where everyone puts out quality hypos its great, but in practice it probably won't happen. Looks like its been a typical day 1 and I haven't missed much. Several people have either scum read me or said they would vote me but I haven't recieved any votes yet, given the smallness of the game I'm a little surprised no one pulled the trigger. On my first read through no one really stood out to me, maybe a second time will bring something to light

Jamiet99uk

#305 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:43 pm

Hello Ike, where have you been?

Jamiet99uk

#306 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:45 pm

I advise you to Iso Damo666 and Xorxes if you're limited for time.

RagingIke297

#307 Post by RagingIke297 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:43 pm
Hello Ike, where have you been?
I was driving most of the day yesterday, I went back to where I'm originally from because my best friend's dad died early last week. Stayed there for a week which was nice, I got to be with my family for Thanksgiving.

Im at work so im slightly limited on time and I will be sporadic

foodcoats

#308 Post by foodcoats » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:52 pm

Yeah I read town on worcej.

I was shoulders deep in beers last night and the case against xorxes made sense then but rereading the thread with a clear head I don't see it. Why xorxes?

Where is thdfrance? thd you seemed to have a lot to say early and then you went underground. Are you scum?

RagingIke297

#309 Post by RagingIke297 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:20 pm

Just some observations from staring at the bot:

Damo seems like a parking spot
Sub point: both of the newer guys are on him, and I feel like Worcej is pretty newish too maybe, I cant remember

I'm the only person not to receive a vote

Bozo has outposted Brain, and hes not the only one to outpost Brain

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#310 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:43 pm

Vote Count 1.2:

damo666 (4): foodcoats worcej Nephthys Jamiet99uk
worcej (3): thdfrance bozotheclown DrCJG
Jamiet99uk (1): damo666
bozotheclown (1): brainbomb
DrCJG (1): xorxes

Note: brainbomb's most recent vote was spelled incorrectly, and is considered invalid
Note: Everyone has met the posting requirement. RagingIke297 must cast a valid vote before the deadline.
Note: Approximately 2 hours and 17 minutes until the end of the day

Currently damo666 is set to be dismembered

xorxes

#311 Post by xorxes » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:09 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:32 pm

@Xorxes - Although there are reasons for town to avoid a position and try to blend in, I generally find hedging particularly on mechanics to be scum indicative. Town doesn't have as much information so it can be natural to be uncertain in reads... but when it comes to mechanics we are all on even footing.
Exactly, mechanics is the safest topic for scum to talk about, so how is having any opinion on mechanics, or having no strong opinion, alignment indicative? (unless it's arguing for a blatantly anti-town position, which is not what anyone is doing here).

Sorry, but I still don't follow your reasoning. It sounds like something you're making up to justify a vote.
With that in mind: Neph, thd, Worcej, and Xorxes all posted similar gibberish regarding Bozo's propositions. They did not take aggressive negative postures like Brain/Jamie nor did they attempt to discuss it like I did. Instead, they each avoided an opinion or argument regarding it by stating they didn't think it would work because we wouldn't get everyone on board.
How exactly is that gibberish? It's pretty obvious that it's very hard to get everyone on board on those kinds of schemes.
I find this reasoning to be scummy and the fact that you choose to attack my vote on you rather than properly address his proposition with a position doesn't help your case.
Your vote and its justification is much more interesting than the mechanics question itself.
In answer to your question, the scum motivation to hedge on a mechanics question is the same reason scum ever hedge to remain flexible while blending in...
What's the benefit for scum in remaining flexible on a mechanics question? What's towny about having a strong opinion on a matter that doesn't really help or hinder town much one way or another?
While I am currently willing to vote for any of Neph, thd, Worcej, and Xorxes, I was already getting scum vibes from you. You're posts have rarely seemed directed towards stirring the pot or forcing positions that can be helpful for solving the game, yet I think you are reading closely (then again maybe your reading comprehension is just higher than Jamie and Brain) and of the few questions you have asked there has been very little or no follow up.
Yes, I am reading as closely as time permits, and yes, my reading comprehension is obviously higher than Jamiet's at least, not that that's something to brag about (I wouldn't fault brainbomb for reading comprehension). So?

xorxes

#312 Post by xorxes » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:20 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:39 pm
Several people have either scum read me or said they would vote me but I haven't recieved any votes yet, given the smallness of the game I'm a little surprised no one pulled the trigger.
Since you gave us nothing to read you by, it would have been hard to justify a vote other than because it is anti-town to not try to show everyone you're town. If I have to choose between voting someone who gave enough to leave a towny impression and someone who left no impression at all, I would obviously choose the later. It's hard to detect truly scummy behavior on D1, but what you do D1 is important to judge you later, so doing nothing doesn't help town.

brainbomb

#313 Post by brainbomb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:25 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:54 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:58 pm
im not sure ive ever strongly townread damo but none of what youre describing sounds compelling. sorry jimmyjam
Going back over the posts, brainbomb has been all over the place and run a lot of votes, appears to be defending damo - right now the number one contender for the intercontinental peepee dancing championship - and was damo's initial railroad target, which might have been a ruse to flush out white knights and deflect attention from bomb as an apparent victim. I'm thinking they're in league.

I'm not inclined to change my vote for this phase but I'm leaning that brainbomb is a military infiltrator/totes scum.
so im scum with damo?

brainbomb

#314 Post by brainbomb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:26 pm

ill bet you 14 large supreme papa johns pizzas and a kentucky pap smear im not wolf with damo

brainbomb

#315 Post by brainbomb » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:28 pm

##Vote Ragingike

lets rally up boys hes finally here

xorxes

#316 Post by xorxes » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:29 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:26 pm
ill bet you 14 large supreme papa johns pizzas and a kentucky pap smear im not wolf with damo
Who are you wolf with then?

xorxes

#317 Post by xorxes » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:34 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:28 pm
##Vote Ragingike

Ok, I'll join, ##VOTE RagingIke

Will you join me on DrCJG in return?

thdfrance

#318 Post by thdfrance » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:38 pm

##VOTE Damo

Although I don't really have strong feelings in any direction I think that of all the arguments made the one against Damo is the best. So I'm going to park my vote here for now.

thdfrance

#319 Post by thdfrance » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:39 pm

I will try to post full reads ASAP, however its been a buys day in the office so I'm struggle to get my thoughts together.

Jamiet99uk

#320 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:41 pm

xorxes wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:34 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:28 pm
##Vote Ragingike

Ok, I'll join, ##VOTE RagingIke

Will you join me on DrCJG in return?
That... makes no sense.