British PM Richie Rich Sunak decides to celebrate 4th July 1776 Anniversary of Loss of Webellious North American Colonie

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Octavious

Re: British PM Richie Rich Sunak decides to celebrate 4th July 1776 Anniversary of Loss of Webellious North American Col

#21 Post by Octavious » Sat May 25, 2024 6:36 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:25 pm
Octavious wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:38 pm
All this is pretty much certain. Add variables like a Trump victory, a revived Tory opposition led by the exciting young Badenoch, grim news from Ukraine, and whatever the next unexpected global disaster will be, and Kier may well be wishing he never got the job. But you never know... He may get lucky...
I think you mistakenly said "exciting" when what you meant to say was "dangerous nutcase".
It is entirely possible that both are true. To a lot of natural Tories she's the the chap with tattoos and a motorbike who your parents deeply disapprove of and have told you in no uncertain terms to stop seeing. Time will tell regarding whether or not she turns out to have a heart of gold, or is just another nutjob.
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: British PM Richie Rich Sunak decides to celebrate 4th July 1776 Anniversary of Loss of Webellious North American Col

#22 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon May 27, 2024 7:38 am

Richie Rich Sunak's new policy proposal for Conscription presumably for Military Service should have the Officers of the Horse Guards and Royal Navy Sea Lords in coniptions of dismay.
It reminds me of a hilarious episode of "Yes Prime Minister" that had Conscription as a policy proposal v the Trident submarine project.
Rather AUKUS submarine like stuff.

The aerial photographs of the Roysl Navy's storage of obsolete nuclear powered submarines are a cautionary example of the long term problems of toxic nuclear waste that is ignored and the topic of wonderful dissembling and disingenuous evasions by Britain's political leaders

Octavious

#23 Post by Octavious » Mon May 27, 2024 8:18 am

Nah, not even the chaps at Horse Guards are deluded enough to think that Rishi is going to win. And even if he did there'd just be a couple of years consultation period, maybe a pilot scheme or two, before they conclude the idea isn't practicable and quietly drop it. It's a nice safe policy designed to attract attention without the risk of actually having to do anything

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#24 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed May 29, 2024 11:02 am

That's why it's a simulacrum of the Yes Prime Minister episode, Conscription gets dumped for Trident
Richie Rich Sunak picked the Anniversary of the loss of the Webellious wascally North American Colonies, got rained on outside Number 10 Downing St, proposing Conscription is a perfect "non policy" policy in hope of distracting the public's attention from a myriad of other problems overwhelming Richie Rich Sunak

MajorMitchell

#25 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed May 29, 2024 11:03 am

Deft positioning as disliked underdog billionaire?

Jamiet99uk

#26 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 29, 2024 2:24 pm

At this point the Conservatives could promise to blow up the moon or invade Brazil, it does not matter very much to the outcome of the election.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Octavious

#27 Post by Octavious » Wed May 29, 2024 6:55 pm

... there may be a bit of a boost if they promised to invade France ;)

Octavious

#28 Post by Octavious » Thu May 30, 2024 12:01 pm

To be fair to Labour, they are trying to give the Tories a chance. Inviting Natalie Elphicke into the warm embrace of the Party whilst telling Diane Abbott to sod off is about as big a slap in the face of the left wing as you can get :razz:

Jamiet99uk

#29 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 30, 2024 2:25 pm

Never mind the "Committed Zionist" who is their candidate in North Durham.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#30 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:22 pm

Number of photos of the leader in recent Labour manifestos:

2024 (Starmer): 32
2019 (Corbyn): 1
2017 (Corbyn): 4

#NotACult

Octavious

#31 Post by Octavious » Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:36 pm

In fairness Corbyn could be pretty confident that your average Brit would be able to recognise him in the street. Starmer, far less so. At least he's avoiding the Lib Dem amateur dramatics slapstick approach to campaigning. That's just embarrassing.

Jamiet99uk

#32 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:54 pm

Octavious wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:36 pm
In fairness Corbyn could be pretty confident that your average Brit would be able to recognise him in the street. Starmer, far less so. At least he's avoiding the Lib Dem amateur dramatics slapstick approach to campaigning. That's just embarrassing.
Amateur dramatics? Have I missed a fun news item?