Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#3381 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 17, 2024 5:05 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 4:48 pm
If we're throwing ideas out there, is king hiding away being that last one on a mafia team and unsure how to progress?
He'd better show himself soon, I'll say that.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

sweetandcool

#3382 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 17, 2024 5:11 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 4:51 pm
But sweet I was actually asking you to present the strongest case on me and then present your flimsiest case against me.

I think it's easy to get caught up in focusing on the ONE to the exclusion of other players.

I am struggling with some of the other conclusions you've made.
Oh, I see. How about we do a role swap instead?

You make the strongest case possible for scum Ham.
I make the strongest case possible for Town Ham.

I think that is the best way to reach the truth of your alignment.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3384 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri May 17, 2024 5:43 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 5:11 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
But sweet I was actually asking you to present the strongest case on me and then present your flimsiest case against me.

I think it's easy to get caught up in focusing on the ONE to the exclusion of other players.

Deal. It'll take me a bit. Let me scumread myself.

sweetandcool

#3385 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 17, 2024 5:51 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 5:43 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 5:11 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:

Deal. It'll take me a bit. Let me scumread myself.
Thank you, I really appreciate it.

I want you to go first, but rest assured I will do my best to present your case.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3386 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri May 17, 2024 6:17 pm

How I scumread myself.

D1: on a town wagon, was the only wagon hamilton was on that day. Pretty low engagement.

D2: was a vecna>worcej>LoW voter. Instead of staying on now-confirmed mafia, moved to a now-confirmed town. Re-reading myself I feel like I had a good D2 initial post and then my list at damo's request. Easy for mafia to concoct that. My weird posts that I alluded to being cop.

D3: Voted town out again. Not much substance in the posts.

D4: Voted bona but then moved to worcej. Not many substantiate posts but offered hyposcan.

D5: that vote was easy. Mafia wouldn't avoid the big provable wagon. Vacant posts except for suggesting king and sweet possibly bussing.

D6: Repeat vote of D5.

So that's the best I can come up with me being scum: low coasting play, no mafia killed until it was necessary, claiming clerk.

My antithesis to that is: busy, town is dumb and make mistakes with their votes, and the claim was done with the best intentions but I'll consider the cost to town for next time.

bozotheclown

#3387 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 17, 2024 6:21 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:55 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 3:26 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:48 am
I suppose one thing I haven't considered is that Mafia could have been too SCARED to flip me, as it would have indicated my scans were correct. And I had high DK potential.

So maybe Bozo is not so clear.

He has also not looked so great today.

But I still think that Ham is the better vote. He also looks incredibly like scum trying to support the counter wagon D1.
I thought the game was probably mechanically solved, but perhaps not.
In what way would it have been mechanically solved?
If the cop had scanned enough players still in the game.

bozotheclown

#3388 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 17, 2024 6:24 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:17 pm
How I scumread myself.

D1: on a town wagon, was the only wagon hamilton was on that day. Pretty low engagement.

D2: was a vecna>worcej>LoW voter. Instead of staying on now-confirmed mafia, moved to a now-confirmed town. Re-reading myself I feel like I had a good D2 initial post and then my list at damo's request. Easy for mafia to concoct that. My weird posts that I alluded to being cop.

D4: Voted bona but then moved to worcej. Not many substantiate posts but offered hyposcan.

D5: that vote was easy. Mafia wouldn't avoid the big provable wagon. Vacant posts except for suggesting king and sweet possibly bussing.

So that's the best I can come up with me being scum: low coasting play, no mafia killed until it was necessary, claiming clerk.

My antithesis to that is: busy, town is dumb and make mistakes with their votes, and the claim was done with the best intentions but I'll consider the cost to town for next time.
When you implied you were the cop D2 EOD, were you concerned about diverting the DK to another town? Were you concerned about revealing the real cop?

bozotheclown

#3389 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 17, 2024 6:36 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 4:09 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 3:48 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 3:19 pm

It's actually quite annoying Bozo stayed off the main wagons each day.
It is annoying.

Is it scummy?
Yeah, I think so.

But there is way too much evidence supporting the idea he is Town, so it doesn't matter.

sweetandcool
Bona
Bozo
Jamiet

All Town.

Leaving Pirate and Ham as candidates for Mafia.

And I really don't think Pirate is Mafia.
I don't think staying off the top wagons and voting for another town is something mafia typically do.

It doesn't seem likely the mafia would RB Balki N5 after this if kingofpirates is mafia, but it is possible they were not paying attention or thought Balki was trying to mislead them:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 4:44 pm
Good morning! Beautiful day for a killin'

If I should happen to expire tonight, let's all consider sweetandcool and kingofpirates hard town.

sweetandcool

#3391 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 17, 2024 6:50 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:36 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 3:48 pm

It is annoying.

Is it scummy?
Yeah, I think so.

But there is way too much evidence supporting the idea he is Town, so it doesn't matter.

sweetandcool
Bona
Bozo
Jamiet

All Town.

I don't think staying off the top wagons and voting for another town is something mafia typically do.

It doesn't seem likely the mafia would RB Balki N5 after this if kingofpirates is mafia, but it is possible they were not paying attention or thought Balki was trying to mislead them:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

If I should happen to expire tonight, let's all consider sweetandcool and kingofpirates hard town.
True, I forgot about that.

Yeah, that was kind of the last thing I was planning on investigating, why Mafia decided to RB Balki over me.

Thanks Bozo, I was hoping someone else would help me with analysis.

bozotheclown

#3392 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 17, 2024 6:59 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:50 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Yeah, I think so.

sweetandcool
Bona
Bozo
Jamiet

All Town.

Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Yeah, that was kind of the last thing I was planning on investigating, why Mafia decided to RB Balki over me.

Balki also posted this D4, so there is some uncertainty about how accurate the mafia thought the hypo scans were:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:53 pm
Hypothetically....if I were Cop, I would have done this:

Night 1: Vecna SCUM!
Night 2: Damo TOWN!
Night 3: Hamilton TOWN!

sweetandcool

#3393 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 17, 2024 6:59 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:17 pm
How I scumread myself.

Ham, you seem to have focused on VCA and vibes, which is a good superficial (not bad though) starting place.

You need to really roleplay this out as scum Ham, and investigate how you would fit into the scum team. How Ham being on scumteam would affect RB/NK choice, how scumteam's votes fit into this story, etc.

sweetandcool

#3394 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 17, 2024 7:05 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:59 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Balki also posted this D4, so there is some uncertainty about how accurate the mafia thought the hypo scans were:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Yeah, I don't think scum was exclusively using hypo scans. Funny enough, most of them were completely are 2/3 accurate. Even mine could have been explained by Bozo being Miller.

sweetandcool

#3395 Post by sweetandcool » Fri May 17, 2024 7:06 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:05 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:59 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Yeah, I don't think scum was exclusively using hypo scans. Funny enough, most of them were completely are 2/3 accurate. Even mine could have been explained by Bozo being Miller.
Completely OR not "are".

Jamiet99uk

#3396 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 17, 2024 7:13 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:21 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:55 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 3:26 am

I thought the game was probably mechanically solved, but perhaps not.
In what way would it have been mechanically solved?
If the cop had scanned enough players still in the game.
But Bozo you literally tried to hammer the phase without any new copscans having been revealed...
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#3397 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 17, 2024 7:15 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:38 pm
##END

And now he is doing it again.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3398 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri May 17, 2024 7:16 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:24 pm

When you implied you were the cop D2 EOD, were you concerned about diverting the DK to another town? Were you concerned about revealing the real cop?
I was not concerned about diverting. I was hoping it would have been enough to NK me.

At the time I wasn't concerned about the real cop revealing, but that was an oversight. I think I was just trusting them to realize that I wasn't the cop and they would sit out quietly without revealing. They could have scanned me.

Jamiet99uk

#3399 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 17, 2024 7:17 pm

Bozo, if you are claiming to have a Guilty scan on Hamilton Brian, just come out and say it, and town can win the game.

bozotheclown

#3400 Post by bozotheclown » Fri May 17, 2024 7:24 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 7:17 pm
Bozo, if you are claiming to have a Guilty scan on Hamilton Brian, just come out and say it, and town can win the game.
I just voted END in case there was a consensus to end the day early. We probably should not hammer until kingofthepirates comes back.