Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#3041 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 12, 2024 11:08 am

Vecna wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 11:04 am
but i am logged in now
Well that's interesting timing.

So, you're on the block because Sweet says there is a guilty scan on you.

What have you to say?
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Vecna

#3042 Post by Vecna » Sun May 12, 2024 11:11 am

it would at least explain why certain people have behaved the way they did.

if its not bs, its a miller hit.

Vecna

#3043 Post by Vecna » Sun May 12, 2024 11:18 am

Im completely behind with everything thats happened in the game the past several real life days so i cant really comment overly much on anything.

I doubt im gonna convince anyone of shit at this point with my absence (ill try regardless), but just know that at least my townreads have so far been proven flawless. You have failed to listen to me pretty much every single day of this game, and itll probably end up costing us the game.

Jamiet99uk

#3044 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 12, 2024 11:40 am

Vecna wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 11:18 am
Im completely behind with everything thats happened in the game the past several real life days so i cant really comment overly much on anything.

I doubt im gonna convince anyone of shit at this point with my absence (ill try regardless), but just know that at least my townreads have so far been proven flawless. You have failed to listen to me pretty much every single day of this game, and itll probably end up costing us the game.
Yesterday your reads were stated to be:

Town: HamiltonBrian, Bozotheclown

Scum: DiplomacyAndWarfare, Sweetandcool

We do not know if your townread of Hamilton and Bozo is flawless but it seems very unlikely that we will flip either of them today.

If you flip non-Miller town we are guaranteed to flip one of your scumreads tomorrow.

Vecna

#3045 Post by Vecna » Sun May 12, 2024 11:45 am

i stated no such reads yesterday

Vecna

#3046 Post by Vecna » Sun May 12, 2024 11:46 am

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:57 am
This game just got made a lot easier by the newer players putting in a few killer posts that pretty much absolves them.

The irritation with certain players is palpable.

Balki Bartokomous
kingofthepirates
Rdrivera2005
Bonatogether
Bozotheclown
Spartaculous
BunnyGo
Jamiet99uk
damo666
Lord of Words
ghug
Vecna

The above group is probably all town, in no particular order

Leaving a very easy poe:
Hamilton Brian
Sweetandcool
worcej

Maybe im wrong about 1, which is likely either Rdrivera, Kotp or Bona if some weird bussing occured.

But for now, fuck whether any of these slots bussed or not, thats a crapshoot anyway. Reads reign supreme.
i was talking about this post

Vecna

#3047 Post by Vecna » Sun May 12, 2024 11:53 am

I dont think there actually were any crumbs.

Sweet is probably afraid of autoloss and has to both out the cop and secure one of two remaining needed misskills for his team to has any chance.

Cop: if you are going along with this just because you think sweet is bussing: you are wrong. If youre going along with this because you think itll hit scum anyway: you are wrong.

Killing me results in a single misskill remaining for the rest of the game.

You cannot act on this shit like this when an autowin should be this close.

Vecna

#3048 Post by Vecna » Sun May 12, 2024 11:54 am

whether im miller with an actual guilty, or its all bullshit concocted by sweet as a hail mary, the result will be the same.

##vote Sweet

Vecna

#3049 Post by Vecna » Sun May 12, 2024 11:58 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:40 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:38 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:34 pm
Ok. I am hypo-pathetically the cop.

Night 1: bozo: SCUM!!
Night 2: ghug: TOWN
Night 3: HamBone: TOWN
For those who need reminding. Note…VECNA AND SWEET are not part of my scans. Nor am I claiming cop, just hypopathetically.

And I did not scan anyone last night for real or hypothetically…I was role blocked.
Also note: in the case I *am* the cop I did see and believe that sweet saw my crumbs. I may have lied about my hypo scans knowing he’d correct the record. Hypothetically of course.
Also bunny, since im noting you were roleblocked: this post of yours is leading people down the wrong path. Youre actively letting the ambiguity live.

Im not sure what is actually happening, but dont forget the possibility that If scum thought it was either you or sparta and they did see some stuff that couldve been crumbs, this could very well be their follow-up plan to secure a misskill.

Jamiet99uk

#3050 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 12, 2024 11:59 am

Vecna wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 11:45 am
i stated no such reads yesterday
Well, yes you did. Allow me to demonstrate:
Vecna wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:03 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:44 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:42 pm

Why do you think they killed him?
I would imagine that their #1 focus, above all else, is to find Cop. So I assume they thought he was likely to be Cop.
this would also imply hb is town.

either that, or they wanted to lock in the damo townread on HB by makibg us think they were cophunting, but that seems less likely.
So there you are saying Hamilton Brian is town.

Next:
Vecna wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:20 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:49 pm
##vote Bozo

I mostly want to flip Bozo or Vecna. Somebody please join me. I'm town, and I don't like all the shouting.
You wanted me to solve, but it still feels like you dont care about my arguments at all.

I still think both these slots are town. Neither of us is gonna get NK'd so theres gonna have to come a point where I change your mind or this is gonna end badly for us.
I assume by "both these slots" means Bozo and yourself, because you were responding to Balki's preference to flip Bozo or Vecna by saying "both these slots are town". So there is your townread on Bozo.

Now here is you voting for Dip&War:
Vecna wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:33 pm
Just got home, its late. Didnt really read any of what happened today. did Rdreplacement give some satisfactory answers?

##vote dip&warfare
Presumably you scumread him, because you voted him.

Later on, here you are voting for Sweetandcool:
Vecna wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:15 am
##vote sweetandcool

hopefully ill randomly check in to a page with a votecount later today.

If not, ill revert back to my earlier assertion.

Every time town sweetandcool changed my mind about his townyness it was with good observations, and attacks on people in his cute little ways, and things that made sense.

This time its long posts talking about his emotional state as a defence with some wifom nonsense.
Again, you voted him, you described his town meta, and you said he was acting totally differently. This implies you think he's town.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3051 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sun May 12, 2024 11:59 am

4 of your townreads were affirmed. Is that a large number?

Jamiet99uk

#3052 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 12, 2024 12:01 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 11:46 am
Vecna wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:57 am
This game just got made a lot easier by the newer players putting in a few killer posts that pretty much absolves them.

The irritation with certain players is palpable.

Balki Bartokomous
kingofthepirates
Rdrivera2005
Bonatogether
Bozotheclown
Spartaculous
BunnyGo
Jamiet99uk
damo666
Lord of Words
ghug
Vecna

The above group is probably all town, in no particular order

Leaving a very easy poe:
Hamilton Brian
Sweetandcool
worcej

Maybe im wrong about 1, which is likely either Rdrivera, Kotp or Bona if some weird bussing occured.

But for now, fuck whether any of these slots bussed or not, thats a crapshoot anyway. Reads reign supreme.
i was talking about this post
That post was on D2 and it is D5 now.

It appeared to me (based on the post, by yourself, that I just quoted) that your view on Hamilton Brian had changed.

Bozo was in your D2 town group so I was correct to state that you townread him, if you are still relying on that old post.

Sweet was in your scum PoE and I assume still is.

You were wrong about Worcej, he flipped town, so that wasn't a flawless read.

Jamiet99uk

#3053 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 12, 2024 12:02 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 11:59 am
It is mechanically possible for a Mafia player to get 100% of their townreads correct.

Jamiet99uk

#3054 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 12, 2024 12:03 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Later on, here you are voting for Sweetandcool:
Vecna wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:15 am
##vote sweetandcool

hopefully ill randomly check in to a page with a votecount later today.

If not, ill revert back to my earlier assertion.

Every time town sweetandcool changed my mind about his townyness it was with good observations, and attacks on people in his cute little ways, and things that made sense.

This time its long posts talking about his emotional state as a defence with some wifom nonsense.
Again, you voted him, you described his town meta, and you said he was acting totally differently. This implies you think he's Mafia.
EBWOP.

Vecna

#3055 Post by Vecna » Sun May 12, 2024 12:04 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
If people had sheeped them, we wouldnt have wasted day 2 and day 3.

So yeah, I do think that number is big.

Vecna

#3056 Post by Vecna » Sun May 12, 2024 12:06 pm

jamiet, the fact youre discussing semantics with me here means you know that your current vote is bullshit.

I meant to say that my comment referred to earlier reads posted as early as day2, I wrongly actually wrote that I stated no such reads. I did, but those were not the reads I was referring to.

Vecna

#3057 Post by Vecna » Sun May 12, 2024 12:08 pm

and yes, everyone is still allowing sweet to openwolf like noone has powerwolfed before.

Its like you all forget that as town he's all adorable and timid.

BunnyGo

#3058 Post by BunnyGo » Sun May 12, 2024 12:13 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 11:58 am
BunnyGo wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:38 pm

For those who need reminding. Note…VECNA AND SWEET are not part of my scans. Nor am I claiming cop, just hypopathetically.

And I did not scan anyone last night for real or hypothetically…I was role blocked.
Also note: in the case I *am* the cop I did see and believe that sweet saw my crumbs. I may have lied about my hypo scans knowing he’d correct the record. Hypothetically of course.
Also bunny, since im noting you were roleblocked: this post of yours is leading people down the wrong path. Youre actively letting the ambiguity live.

Im not sure what is actually happening, but dont forget the possibility that If scum thought it was either you or sparta and they did see some stuff that couldve been crumbs, this could very well be their follow-up plan to secure a misskill.
I’m doing my best to protect the cop (possibly me!) while not publicly disputing sweet’s claim.

Case 1: I am the cop. In this case I do so publicly declare that I crumbed my scans. That they were different than my hyposcans. That I did this because sweet convinced me he accurately saw them. So I wanted to bait scum into not killing me last night. Apparently my “scans” were still accurate enough that they RB me…so that’s amusing.

As sweet is accurately representing my scans, I see no need to publicly declare myself and contradict him. I just need to decide if you’re the miller.

Case 2: I’m not the cop. I have no reason to declare anything. If I’ve seen the crumbs I agree with sweet, if I haven’t then I have nothing to add. Either way I have no mechanical reason to contradict snything. And you were only town read by me because of statements and actions day 1. I needed to revisit you anyways.

At this point your responses, and attempt to bait me to give something up suggest that I have no reason to do anything but ##vote Vecna.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3059 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sun May 12, 2024 12:14 pm

I do think sweet has done town a favour. My simpleton take is this: if vecna flips mafia, then good. If vecna doesn't, then sweet is automatically up next.

I also go back to my very simplistic take that on every wagon, there have been two consistent players: sweet and king.

Vecna

#3060 Post by Vecna » Sun May 12, 2024 12:28 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 12:13 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 11:58 am
BunnyGo wrote:

I’m doing my best to protect the cop (possibly me!) while not publicly disputing sweet’s claim.

Case 1: I am the cop. In this case I do so publicly declare that I crumbed my scans. That they were different than my hyposcans. That I did this because sweet convinced me he accurately saw them. So I wanted to bait scum into not killing me last night. Apparently my “scans” were still accurate enough that they RB me…so that’s amusing.

As sweet is accurately representing my scans, I see no need to publicly declare myself and contradict him. I just need to decide if you’re the miller.

Case 2: I’m not the cop. I have no reason to declare anything. If I’ve seen the crumbs I agree with sweet, if I haven’t then I have nothing to add. Either way I have no mechanical reason to contradict snything. And you were only town read by me because of statements and actions day 1. I needed to revisit you anyways.

At this point your responses, and attempt to bait me to give something up suggest that I have no reason to do anything but ##vote Vecna.
I phrased my post in such a way to not make you give up anything, but only to let you know that youre drawing wrong conclusions somewhere.

Your post is probably the thing that is actively encouraging everyone else to also go along with sweet, because you were implying that he's telling the truth. THAT is why I adressed it.