Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Lord of Words

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#1441 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 5:07 am

Also sweetandcool, possibly. :U

Lord of Words

#1442 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 5:09 am

kingofthepirates wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:56 am
Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:28 am
With respect, if I was scum, life happens, but wouldn't it be weird for me to miss a vote, especially one where my alleged teammate was on the chopping block? And conspicuously being absent wouldn't accrue to my benefit either.
Lord, absences happen, and I get that, there could be any number of reasons involved. I hope you’re doing ok, whatever that may mean to you. I politely request you share your read list with us, even if incomplete (you can always finish it later). While not scummy, your posts so far feel to lack substance. You also didn’t vote yesterday. Such inaction and energy towards solving make me both uncomfortable to town you in the first place, and in my opinion, inactive town can very much be a liability, especially when key votes are needed to tiebreak or tip the scales. I’m very interested in what your reads list will add to this discussion :3.
Reads posted. I'm doing alright-ish. Just about to call it a night.
Sorry if anything above came out as accusatory, harsh, or sarcastic, I mean it with utmost respect and seriousness.

bozotheclown

#1443 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:09 am

Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:46 am
Sorry this took a bit to type; between work and some personal stuff I had a bit more than planned this week. Let just say that off the bat.

To clear the air and provide some good faith, I’ll state that I’m Vanilla Town. I don’t see much risk it disclosing this, since scum will have other more valuable to go after given the DI elimination of Will, which has probably set back their play somewhat. Killing me would also disclose that I was town and eliminate any hope of using my continued survival after this disclosure as a way to misdirect Town and divert attention from themselves. More importantly I don’t want Town to waste a vote on me that could be conceivably used for scum, giving the scum a double kill.

I also reread this thread three times because I wanted to get feel for players and their posting attitudes since haven’t played here before making any accusations, especially since unfounded and blind accusations cost Town time.

Fortunately, Will generated a reads list on D1 which probably speaks to his mindset as the Mafia Foreman.

Staring with his first category of Town reads who wouldn’t flip today, there is Spartaculous, myself, Jamie, and Sweet. I will stress that Will apparently put this category as unimpeachable and therefore this category deserves the most scruntiny.

Spartaculous’s style of play of reminds me a lot about myself when I started playing Mafia and occasionally when I play on a new forum or Discord, so I feel that is genuine behavior. He seems unsure of reads and play at times, which is what I’d expect. However, I’ve been in games where new players made devastating scum players due to slack being cut for them, but I’m willing to honor the tradition here for now. I’m not seriously looking at him currently, though.

Moving on me, I’m new here, but I’m not new to Mafia in general, which I admitted earlier. That would’ve be quite easy to coast on, yet I admitted that in the spirit of sportsmanship since Spartaculous deserved a reprieve and there was no need to accommodate to new players. I have also disclosed my role and alignment, though I can admit there was some cause for suspicion before. I promise far more engagement going forward now that I have an idea of the players.

Jamiet99uk I have been wavering on, but the early pushing of players most likely to be town like Bonatogether and Bozoclown (see below) along with myself strike me as possible deflection, though I can see his reasons, superficially, for suspecting me. I must stress that anyone Will placed in this category of the next is inherently due some consideration.

As a nice segue, Jamiet99uk interestingly managed to convince Sweetandcool to vote against me, who also happens to be a final player on this list. The business with Bonatogether, unless I’m misunderstanding the subtext, made more suspicious and Bona is strongly Town for me, considering that Will had him pegged as scum. Sweet is definitely on my watch list as well.

Moving onto the next possibly most concerning category, there are the Town leans, which consists of Ghug, Kingofthepirates, and Foodcoats. These players should be regarded with suspicion because odds are good that Will may have placed at least one scum player in this category to avoid suspicion falling on them if he was exposed later in the game.

Ghug’s late on Will could be seen as cutting losses ahead of him flipping, but the general consensus seems to be Ghug normally votes late, so I’m not drilling hard on that now, especially in light of his roleblock claim.

Kingofthepirates I don’t know well from I’ve read, but I’m assuming he is Town purely due to his D1 vote. Bunny and Sweet voting him makes me more confident he is Town and that something is up with Sweet and possibly Bunny as well.

Foodcoats is the player I’m suspicious of because he was advocating for Will until the last minute at the end of Day 1. Other than that, I don’t have too much on him at the moment.

We’re on Will’s Null reads now. Being honest, I’m haven’t seen too much concerning material so far among this group. But to be thorough, we’ll review the largest category containing DrFidelis, Worcej, Balki Bartokomous, Rdrivera2005, and Damo666.

DrFidelis, I’m having some trouble reading at the moment, so I’m really going to asking them dirct questions for the remainder of the today to home in on them.

Worcej, I peg as Town mostly based on his timing during the vote on Will, who he voted for.

Balki Bartokomous’s D1 voting was a bit random, but it was D1, though his D2 voting has been stronger. Personally, he reads as Townside of null.

Rdrivera2005 strikes me as Town since there seemed to be agreement he wasn’t bussing Will, if I’m interpreting correctly.

Damo666 I feel alright about, given his D1 vote and overall posting pattern. He genuinely seems like he is trying solve, but I’ll admit in it is early to clear him.

Will’s scum read are the ones I’m most trusting of, though Bunny I’m suspicious of, even though they placed a critical vote on Will during D1.
DrFidelis subbed out, and his replacement is out of the game. foodcoats is also out of the game. Both were town.

Are you familiar with the bot?

bozotheclown

#1444 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:14 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:25 am
How many mafia are there? I thought there were only three but I’m reading these posts and it’s making out like there’s four?

Bonatogether already used that town slip. Why did you think there were only 3?

BunnyGo

#1445 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 5:17 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:00 am
Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:48 am
I'll generate further reads on the remaining three players, but I feel confident enough in Vecna, Bozo, and Bunny to put that off for the morning.
That's an awful lot of town reads.

Could you tell me more about your opinion on Food and damo's connection?
That reads list is so fake. ##vote lordofwords
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#1446 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 5:17 am

Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:04 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Lord of Words wrote:
I'll generate further reads on the remaining three players, but I feel confident enough in Vecna, Bozo, and Bunny to put that off for the morning.

By definition, there are going to a lot more town reads than scum reads.

For clarity, my scum reads are Jamie, Food, and Bunny, such as they are.
I guarantee you’re wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Lord of Words

#1447 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 5:18 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:17 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Lord of Words wrote:

I would expect nothing less from someone I am accusing, but reads were asked for.

Lord of Words

#1448 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 5:19 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:04 am
sweetandcool wrote:

By definition, there are going to a lot more town reads than scum reads.

For clarity, my scum reads are Jamie, Food, and Bunny, such as they are.
I guarantee you’re wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By all mean, explain why I am wrong about you in your eyes, then.

sweetandcool

#1449 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 04, 2024 5:21 am

Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:18 am
BunnyGo wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

I would expect nothing less from someone I am accusing, but reads were asked for.
And we appreciate that you made the attempt.

I am not swayed, however. And I am disturbed that you seriously included two dead people in them.

bozotheclown

#1450 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:22 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:21 am
Lord of Words wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

I am not swayed, however. And I am disturbed that you seriously included two dead people in them.
That seems more likely from a town player to me.

Lord of Words

#1451 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:22 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Lord of Words wrote:

Draft mistake. :U

bozotheclown

#1452 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:33 am

Lord of Words wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

The one thing that stands out to me from your post is that you said you "reread this thread three times", but were apparently not aware that DrFidelis subbed out after posting only 3 times, or that foodcoats was the victim of a vig shot. Can you explain this?

BunnyGo

#1453 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 5:39 am

Lord of Words wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Why are you sussing on a dead guy? Repeatedly!

BunnyGo

#1454 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 5:41 am

bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Lord of Words wrote:

Why? Note these were not NKs.

BunnyGo

#1455 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 5:42 am

Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am
bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Are you using the bot at all? Have you been shown it?

Lord of Words

#1456 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 5:42 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:33 am
Lord of Words wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

The one thing that stands out to me from your post is that you said you "reread this thread three times", but were apparently not aware that DrFidelis subbed out after posting only 3 times, or that foodcoats was the victim of a vig shot. Can you explain this?
That's probably because I forgot to take them off the list when I typing up my read list on mobile, though I also have docx. with them off it, so I maybe I posted the wrong copy.

Lord of Words

#1457 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 5:43 am

I'm keeping most of my notes in documents because the layout here, for clarification.

BunnyGo

#1458 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 5:47 am

Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:43 am
I'm keeping most of my notes in documents because the layout here, for clarification.
Has anyone shown you the bot webpage?

Lord of Words

#1459 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 5:47 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:42 am
Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am
bozotheclown wrote:

Are you using the bot at all? Have you been shown it?
I saw it mentioned, but have no idea what is it, so explanations would be welcome. Sorry about the ask?

sweetandcool

#1460 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 04, 2024 5:48 am

bozotheclown wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Lord of Words wrote:

Normally I would agree. But it's inline with the game he has played so far.

It's possible he genuinely missed them. It's possible he didn't and thought it would look so bad that it would look Townie, as you say.

Even genuinely missing them belies the fact that he claimed to have read the thread with care (three times!). This shows evidence of not actually reading the thread as closely as he says.